Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Yes, yes, I get all that; but it's just easier to blame it all on Ike, considering he and Roy both fill the "sword-wielding Fire Emblem character who isn't Marth" slot.

And this is why Ephraim and Hector would have been superior choices for Smash and still, we do not have any character in Smash wielding an axe or lance/spear as their primary weapon. The closest we have are Triple D (hammer) and Palutena (staff). :p

Ike fulfilled the two-handed, heavy sword user who wasn't Cloud or... Ganondorf -- yeah, I went there. And even then, Link and Marth might have been enough for those "too many swords" people. Yes, two swordsmen is way too much in a game with +40 to +50 characters.

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Hey, now.  Do you have any idea just how much a Phoenix Down costs?!  We can't just go around using them on every dead flower girl we happen across!  I mean, they're not exactly something you're just going to find lying around on the ground...

Oh, it's not like she's the last of her race and didn't have the White Materia... Oh, no, she was just some random flower girl who got stabbed by a giant nodachi. Let's horde the very few Phoenix Downs we have just like how the Fire Emblem guys horde vulneraries and legendary weapons that could instantly turn the tides in their favor. Now, Light's Blessings, however, very expendable.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For whomever is on Team Ike, or will so be joining, feel free to add me at 8608857766! Just give me a heads up if you do.

My lead is Cherche right now, but I can change if people are interested in me switching it up.

It's time for me to avenge Minerva! The time has come!

46 minutes ago, pumpkinspice48 said:

Well if anyone on team Ike wants to add me my Heroes id is 3620067834

29 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

ID is 4044461686, Brave Bow+ Brave Lyn is my current lead, I can change it if anyone wants.

Added!

28 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I will go team Ike it looks like, Minerva must have revenge!  I really wanted this to be Ike VS Lyn but man that multiplier is not right and I felt that way from the start of it being used.  Well at least I got to the second round with Lyn.

5 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

Code is 7908155030. Let's see if we can avenge Lyn and Minerva!

Let's do it! For the Red Dragoon!

25 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Is this what depression feels like?

Cause I'm feeling pretty pissed right now

Oh well

Time to go team Ike and bust Camilla's head open

And I'm being dead serious 

This ain't about feathers anymore....

It was never about the feathers 

This time we will take her down!

1 minute ago, sfgiantsfanmike said:

Just got back into the game due to the Choose Your Legend event. 

Hadn't been able to pull a Lyn even with that first banner featuring her. I come back and they are giving away a Lyn and have her featured on a banner again, which I got lucky enough to pull my first Lyn.

I am beyond frustrated with this round, I have been grinding away for two days and have yet to see a multiplier for our side (Lyn). I see Camilla with a last 2 hour multiplier go ahead by more than we were up... but we don't get a multiplier???

System is broken if we can never get a multiplier even when down ~1.2 billion...

Yeah, if there's one good thing about this nonsense, it was getting a free, 5-Star Lyn (even if she does have a bow instead of a sword)!

...especially since I already pulled her once before I lost my account and had to start all over, and haven't managed to pull her again since.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Redhead power!

And can somebody tell me why Ike apparently has a hate group too? Meanwhile.. what's the problem with Ike? Is he like the 3DS-type hate target for an even older set of players? Or does he actually do something to deserve it? I see some have said he's pretty bland, but you could say that about a vast majority of the lead characters in FE games.

I used to dislike Ike for his rabbid fanbase but I came to appreciate his story arc.

Just now, Poimagic said:

All I want to see is Camilla perish for hurting my waifu Hinoka (yes, Hinoka is my Waifu. Don't judge). So team Ike it is. I'll probably be using my CYL Lyn for this and rotating her out with my Julia for quest reasons.

Hinoka and Takumi are my favorite royals in Fates, so there's no harm done. (Unless you're Ryoma like your avi shows, then there may be a problem :P)

1 minute ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I've actually never seen any hate Ike. Maybe I just hang out in the right side of the fanbase, but from what I've seen, Ike's always been incredibly popular and well liked, and from my experience, for a good reason.

Same. At worst I've seen "he's not my fave". Does this mobile game really bring out the worst of us...?

Just now, Together We Ride said:

Same. At worst I've seen "he's not my fave". Does this mobile game really bring out the worst of us...?

Not for all, Melee and Cipher brought out the worst in me because Our Boi™ is STILL subpar compared to Marth even after all these years.

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

From what I understood, people see him as a Gary Stu that took away from Miacaiah the role of RD's main protagonist. Also, some people seem to dislike that he's more popular than their favorite character because he's blander than their favorite in their eyes and such think he is overrated. 

Maybe someone who actually dislike Ike can explain since I actually like him, but that's what I gathered from the few Ike hate post I've seen.

The latter sounds like the most likely reason, which seems pretty petty.

6 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I've actually never seen any hate Ike. Maybe I just hang out in the right side of the fanbase, but from what I've seen, Ike's always been incredibly popular and well liked, and from my experience, for a good reason.

That's what I had thought, so these Ike-dissing posts during the gauntlet are making me confused.

3 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I used to dislike Ike for his rabbid fanbase but I came to appreciate his story arc.

Now that one I can understand. I'm totally neutral over Ike, but some of the fan posts in this thread have kinda annoyed me away from his direction if I would of had to pick between him and Lyn.

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

All I want to see is Camilla perish for hurting my waifu Hinoka (yes, Hinoka is my Waifu. Don't judge). So team Ike it is. I'll probably be using my CYL Lyn for this and rotating her out with my Julia for quest reasons.

What if Camilla and Hinoka are both my favorite girls from their respective paths? and I married both

Edited by Alkaid

4 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Oh, it's not like she's the last of her race and didn't have the White Materia... Oh, no, she was just some random flower girl who got stabbed by a giant nodachi. Let's horde the very few Phoenix Downs we have just like how the Fire Emblem guys horde vulneraries and legendary weapons that could instantly turn the tides in their favor. Now, Light's Blessings, however, very expendable.

Spoiler

82f190980c4bd4165d6fe5e464bd651e--awkwar

6 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

From what I understood, people see him as a Gary Stu that took away from Miacaiah the role of RD's main protagonist. Also, some people seem to dislike that he's more popular than their favorite character because he's blander than their favorite in their eyes and such think he is overrated. 

Maybe someone who actually dislike Ike can explain since I actually like him, but that's what I gathered from the few Ike hate post I've seen.

Yeah, much of the Ike hate I see is from just as you say, butthurt Micaiah fans who hate him simply because he "stole" her spotlight when that was more Yune's doing than anything. RD Ike was not written as well as PoR Ike was, but he was certainly no Gary Stu. The respect people had for him is at least justified by PoR's events and stuff.

I also see Roy fans hate on him simply because he "replaced" Roy in Smash, though this isn't as often.

Gamefaqs, naming your thread, "YES! Lyn destroyed, the superior waifu wins!" is seriously going to piss people off.

I get that some of you guys are angry that Lyn lost, but I seriously don't want this thread to turn into that.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I also see Roy fans hate on him simply because he "replaced" Roy in Smash, though this isn't as often.

I can only speak personally, but for me that's more of a joke than any real animosity.

I mean, being thoroughly indifferent to a popular character is rather boring, so you can just as easily pick an arbitrary reason to dislike him as an arbitrary reason to like him, right?

Not really salty per se for losing, that too is part of game, but well Ike vs Camilla is very anticlimactic "grand finale" of gauntlet. I am not really interested in that honestly.

Anyway I considered joining Camilla for feathers, but that's too much of hassle so I will sign with Ike for victor reward and for two days I will do something else what has actual meaning.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Gamefaqs, naming your thread, "YES! Lyn destroyed, the superior waifu wins!" is seriously going to piss people off.

I get that some of you guys are angry that Lyn lost, but I seriously don't want this thread to turn into that.

...Wow, yeah, that's just not called for there. I also disagree, Lyn is superior to Camilla, imo.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, much of the Ike hate I see is from just as you say, butthurt Micaiah fans who hate him simply because he "stole" her spotlight when that was more Yune's doing than anything. RD Ike was not written as well as PoR Ike was, but he was certainly no Gary Stu. The respect people had for him is at least justified by PoR's events and stuff.

I'm sure me and many other people would appreciate not being called "butthurt", there are many reasons I don't like Ike, but I'd rather not get called names because of it.
Thanks.

1 minute ago, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Again later I'll decide who to pick I have almost 3,000 flags at my disposal so somebody's getting a benefit also people shouldn't take this thing THAT seriously it's not an end all to be all or a "change" just a contest that's all nothing big.

I believe that was exactly what Neville Chamberlain said, word-for-word, right before Germany annexed the Sudetenland.

Just now, Sophie said:

I'm sure me and many other people would appreciate not being called "butthurt", there are many reasons I don't like Ike, but I'd rather not get called names because of it.
Thanks.

I didn't call you any names? I don't see where I mentioned you specifically and called you any sort of mean name. But I'm sorry if you were offended, that was not my intention.

I kinda find Ike vs Camilla an interesting battle, a character who got 4th on the female's CYL poll who no one expected to get so far vs the most popular character in Fire Emblem by a landslide. I think it'll be a cool climatic ending, although I think Lyn vs Ike would have been just as interesting.

5 minutes ago, Falcom said:

Surely it won't get that bad.

Still, decisions, decisions. I don't want Ike to win, yet I also have a no Fates policy. Though she did avenge Lucina...hmm...

15 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Ah right. Ike did totally show Micaiah up in RD, which is a shame. What's odd is I usually only see that used to complain about RD, rather than Ike. What's more ironic is that I can still recall the days when people would hate on Micaiah and insist she was a Mary Sue... oh how the times have changed.