Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyn has fallen to the dark sorceries of Nohrdor. A shadow reaches across the world and threatens to swallow us in a night that never ends.

But the world of men will not end now! The last hero, foretold to beat back the darkness, still stands. House Nekoknight has stood by the pre-3DS games for a hundred generations, and I will stand beside Ike now. The King in Serenes!!

8 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Wtf Camilla. You were supposed to lose!

now I'm stuck on team Camilla lol...

THIS IS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM. I was going to hop to Team Ike goddammit. I'm sorry, guys, I really did want to contribute to the first male victory in a gauntlet. /facepalms

Well, that's that. You fought valiantly, Hector. Once again, I'm sorry it had to be this way.

So, I did end up securing a spot in Team Ike's top 50 (rank 27 to be precise) so that's 3,000 feathers gotten from this round. Considering there's going to be a massive influx to Ike now with Lyn gone, those of you who are hopping around Team Ike or otherwise can add me if you desire. ID is 0085075948, my lead is Soren and in-game name is also Tybrosion.

Edit: Don't mind me, just left a digit out of my code like a moron.

Edited by Tybrosion

Just little salty Lyn lost mostly because now I don't have a person I can use for bonus points now (Hector and Lyn where the only two I had, all my 4* Roys, Chroms and Camilla's I SI'd to death not that I would've joined them in the first place)...  oh well guess I'm joining team Ike down with Camilla.

Edited by Locke087

Lyn lost... Jesus. Welp, so did Hector, but I told myself I will be joining Team Ike.

If anyone is on Team Ike, feel free to add me. Or, at least I need some Team Ike buds since I don't know if all the people I added for Team Hector will join Ike. I currently have Innes as my lead, but I am willing to switch heroes. 

Edited by MiracleMuffin

1 minute ago, Together We Ride said:

So for you it's less of Ike himself, and rather the things people put on to him? Interesting.

I feel like this has been pretty instrumental for a lot of people. Toxic fans can ruin things. Like I love Tellius, and my boyfriend has helped revitalize an interest in it, but people who consider Ike our Lord and Savior as well as the Tellius games the One and True FE tend to grind me the wrong way when they disregard my opinions or call them crap. 

Like I said, Ike's a fine character. Tellius is a fine set of games, but sometimes Ike gets shoved in your face as much as Camilla's boobs. XD

this is bullshit I'm not even a huge fan of Ike or Lyn and even like Fates to a degree and loved Awakening (so yes, I like the old and quote on quote "new games") but I cannot let Camilla win this for the SAKE OF THIS FRANCHISE. 

She is literally the definition of "sex sells", there is no argument here. 

Heck, the fact that IS made her seduce Corrin, who she once thought was her own brother for most of her goddamn life, is disgusting and as much as I hate to admit, the only reason that she got support was because of her boobs.

I don't care if you like the old games, Awakening, or Fates... I respect all the games. Camilla on the other hand, is a cancer that I and many others cannot get behind. Our souls won't allow it. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

I'm calling it. Everyone joins Ike. Camilla gets a bunch of multipliers (meaning more feathers for them). Then Camilla gets a 7.4 multiplier. Camilla wins. Everyone throws popcorn in the air. The end.

While I doubted it at first, Lyn vs. Camilla pretty much confirms that it is possible for a major upset to occur because of the multiplier (assuming Camilla has gotten a lot of multipliers against Lyn).

I think people should start seeing how big of an issue this could potentially be. And how the word 'voting' in voting gauntlet has sorta lost it's meaning.

Edited by Falcom

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I feel like this has been pretty instrumental for a lot of people. Toxic fans can ruin things. Like I love Tellius, and my boyfriend has helped revitalize an interest in it, but people who consider Ike our Lord and Savior as well as the Tellius games the One and True FE tend to grind me the wrong way when they disregard my opinions or call them crap. 

This.

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, that's that. You fought valiantly, Hector. Once again, I'm sorry it had to be this way.

So, I did end up securing a spot in Team Ike's top 50 (rank 27 to be precise) so that's 3,000 feathers gotten from this round. Considering there's going to be a massive influx to Ike now with Lyn gone, those of you who are hopping around Team Ike or otherwise can add me if you desire. ID is 008575948, my lead is Soren and in-game name is also Tybrosion.

Very nicely done! Also, went to add you, but it seems you're missing a number somewhere in that ID; its only 9 digits long =p

2 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I have to present the aforementioned double voting issue. Even still, this poll wasn't the most accurately carried out, but some people will jump at any chance to have their precious pre-Awakening characters "proven superior." Never mind Awakening and Fates' higher presence in the top 100.

I actually don't follow your logic with the poll results here. If someone consistently voted for Lucina throughout the voting period, but someone split their votes for Ike, what difference does it make when combining both Ike votes then? You can still argue that regardless of which appearance, they still voted for Ike, just as some consistently voted for Lucina.

Either way, don't be too upset over this. That (flawed) voting system only really proved that certain pre-Awakening characters are most popular/well liked/what have you. No one can argue that Awakening and Fates aren't more popular than the previous titles.

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

I'm joining team Ike to make sure Camilla never wins another gauntlet.

Honestly, though, the more people join Ike, the more chances for a multiplier Camilla will get, and the more uncertain the results will be.

3 minutes ago, Falcom said:

I'm calling it. Everyone joins Ike. Camilla gets a bunch of multipliers (meaning more feathers for them). Then Camilla gets a 7.4 multiplier. Camilla wins. Everyone throws popcorn in the air. The end.

Exactly.

Personally, I'm fine with whoever wins the Gauntlet, I always have been since the start, I'll congratulate whoever wins between Ike and Camilla and continue on like normal. I've had a lot of fun with it, Lyn and Lucina were fairly close, and Hector and Ike were super close, so I had a lot of fun. Hopefully we'll have a super close battle between Camilla and Ike as well!

4 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

Heck, the fact that IS made her seduce Corrin, who she once thought was her own brother for most of her goddamn life, is disgusting and as much as I hate to admit, the only reason that she got support was because of her boobs.

I don't like her either, but I'm pretty sure that she and Xander were both aware that Corrin wasn't their real sibling.

While I doubted it at first, Lyn vs. Camilla pretty much confirms that it is possible for a major upset to occur (assuming Camilla has gotten a lot of multipliers against Lyn).

I think people should start seeing how big of an issue this could potentially be. And how the word 'voting' in voting gauntlet has sorta lost it's meaning.

I've been against the multiplier from the start.  People said it was to make things "interesting", but it's no fun when "interesting" turns into a loss.

Big... multiplier!? Hell yeah! That means more points for more feathers! Smother me in your feathery bosom, Camilla! I bet they're like the softest pillows. :P

(What am I even gonna do with those feathers? I have 70k right now and I just used 60k the past couple of weeks promoting Camus and Ursula and a Subaki for QR3 on Xander since I had so many feathers.)

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, I did end up securing a spot in Team Ike's top 50 (rank 27 to be precise) so that's 3,000 feathers gotten from this round. Considering there's going to be a massive influx to Ike now with Lyn gone, those of you who are hopping around Team Ike or otherwise can add me if you desire. ID is 008575948, my lead is Soren and in-game name is also Tybrosion.

Nice dude, I'll add you once I can find my phone...

I've pulled out all my alternate accounts for this. Ike will triumph!

6 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Like I said, Ike's a fine character. Tellius is a fine set of games, but sometimes Ike gets shoved in your face as much as Camilla's boobs. XD

Very true and very fair. As a huge Ike fan, I'm sorry that our love for the dude can be obnoxiously overwhelming :(

Also, Ike over Hector is a bitter victory for me and many other Ike fans I'm sure. So for all of you on Team Hector, thank you for the good fight, and I hope Hector (and Roy)'s sacrifice wont be in vain.

2 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

I don't like her either, but I'm pretty sure that she and Xander were both aware that Corrin wasn't their real sibling.

You're right in not liking her. Also,  Did Corrin know that? If what you're saying is true, then she literally took advantage of Corrin's trust and innocence. Despicable. 

Edited by Dandee Leone

4 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Honestly, though, the more people join Ike, the more chances for a multiplier Camilla will get, and the more uncertain the results will be.

Exactly.

Then how do you explain Gaius losing the last gauntlet? Gaius had multipliers for the near entirety of the gauntlet but it didn't help him win it. If Ike has a huge numerical advantage over Camilla in terms of supporters, multipliers won't necessarily help her win either.

11 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Wtf Camilla. You were supposed to lose!

now I'm stuck on team Camilla lol...

2 minutes ago, azurrys said:

THIS IS EXACTLY MY PROBLEM. I was going to hop to Team Ike goddammit. I'm sorry, guys, I really did want to contribute to the first male victory in a gauntlet. /facepalms

This is why I joined team Hector and not team Camilla to raise my overall score. I wouldn't mind being on team Hector on the last round while I wouldn't have wanted to help Camilla win this gauntlet.