Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Tarilaan said:

Very nicely done! Also, went to add you, but it seems you're missing a number somewhere in that ID; its only 9 digits long =p

Once a screw-up, always a screw-up... Sorry about that. I added a missing 0.

1 minute ago, Dandee Leone said:

the only reason that she got support was because of her boobs.

You might be surprised at some of the reasons people like Camilla. The problem is nobody can admit they like her without everyone going "oh, you're in this game for that reason, eh?" or other such nonsense, just as I can't say Sakura is my favorite without having to clarify that it's because she's an adorable little sister, not for waifu reasons. Honestly, characters like Camilla make me sad because they're really more tragic than anything else - she has so much potential for being a good character with a solid backstory explaining why exactly she is the way she is, and they failed SOOOOO hard here.

3 minutes ago, Fruity Insanity said:

At this point maybe I should join Camilla and help her win for the memes, lol.

DO IT

NOT JUST FOR THE MEMES

FOR THE MEN

THE MEN WHO WERE STOMPED BY IKE

2 minutes ago, lilacshadows said:

I've pulled out all my alternate accounts for this. Ike will triumph!

Meanwhile, I've buried my alt who joined Ike - the plan was for whoever lost the Ike/Roy match to switch to the ladies' side to ensure a victory, but in the end my RoyBoyness won out and I'm desperately wishing I'd gone double Camilla right now. Ah, well, may the next 24 hours be enjoyable, I guess!

I can't help but wonder- does IS think we really like Camilla? 

How in fourteen hells are people so motivated by hormones for a video game character in a voting battle competition?

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Big... multiplier!? Hell yeah! That means more points for more feathers! Smother me in your feathery bosom, Camilla! I bet they're like the softest pillows. :P

More like cold deformed lard sacks. Ike, cut through them like a hot knife through a ball of good mozzarella!

If there is a "reverse Nyx" spell- make Camilla a hag, make her spine be dragged down and her features giant ugly prunes!

3 minutes ago, Dandee Leone said:

And? Did Corrin know that? If what you're saying is true, then she literally took advantage of Corrin's trust and innocence. Despicable.

As much as I agree with you about Camilla, you should probably tone it down a bit. This voting gaunlet isn't that serious.

11 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

I actually don't follow your logic with the poll results here. If someone consistently voted for Lucina throughout the voting period, but someone split their votes for Ike, what difference does it make when combining both Ike votes then? You can still argue that regardless of which appearance, they still voted for Ike, just as some consistently voted for Lucina.

Either way, don't be too upset over this. That (flawed) voting system only really proved that certain pre-Awakening characters are most popular/well liked/what have you. No one can argue that Awakening and Fates aren't more popular than the previous titles.

Yes, but Awakening's votes are more evenly distributed (not completely, obviously given Lucina and Tharja) given how many of them make the top twenty alone so if someone voted for Awakening characters, they are statistically more likely to have voted for other characters like Chrom or Cordelia than just Lucina. In other words, the Awakening and Fates fanbases were more dispersed in their votes, possibly due to the fact that a lot of their voters actually played the games (don't tell me that many people managed to play the hard to find Tellius games). Micaiah made the top ten females, but that's it.

Edited by Arthur97

Just now, Blade Lord Lyn said:

Again its just a little game don't take it that seriously

Yeah, that was kind of my point...

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I've been against the multiplier from the start.  People said it was to make things "interesting", but it's no fun when "interesting" turns into a loss.

I'm a bit torn.  On the one hand, without the multiplier, those on the less popular team start with a lower score and just see the gap get wider and wider for thirty hours, which isn't terribly fun.  On the other hand, as you've pointed out, having a popular character lose just because of multiplier timing isn't great fun, either.

Maybe remove the multiplier, but make the scores secret until after the round's over.  Who's in the lead?  Where are you in the ranking?  It's all a giant mystery to be revealed just prior to the next match-up!

5 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Very true and very fair. As a huge Ike fan, I'm sorry that our love for the dude can be obnoxiously overwhelming :(

Also, Ike over Hector is a bitter victory for me and many other Ike fans I'm sure. So for all of you on Team Hector, thank you for the good fight, and I hope Hector (and Roy)'s sacrifice wont be in vain.

It's cool, dude. Like I said, it's not all Ike fans. My boyfriend is the biggest Ike fan I know. The guy basically worships the ground he walks on, cosplays as him, etc. And I support that because I love that he has a healthy passion. He shares the same opinions I have have about his flaws and whatnot. And you can honestly say the same thing about any character. (There are healthy/toxic fans for just about any character in any series.) I've just butted more heads with Ike fans than any other character in the series. lol 

But good luck. I keep flip-flopping with the moral dilemma for which team to join. Time will tell.

6 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Very true and very fair. As a huge Ike fan, I'm sorry that our love for the dude can be obnoxiously overwhelming :(

Yeah, this. I would never want Ike fans to act so shitty...

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How in fourteen hells are people so motivated by hormones for a video game character in a voting battle competition?

It did wonders for Lyn. Sex appeal is quite powerful indeed.

For anybody on Team Ike that would like to add me, my ID is 0477029002.

I currently have Bridelia has my representative, but I could switch her for a number of different unit including Nino, Hector, Julia, Brave Ike, Reinhardt and Azura.

Just tell me you did so since I need to make some space on my friend list.

Edited by LuxSpes

3 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Then how do you explain Gaius losing the last gauntlet? Gaius had multipliers for the near entirety of the gauntlet but it didn't help him win it. If Ike has a huge numerical advantage over Camilla in terms of supporters, multipliers won't necessarily help her win either.

I never said it would cause her to win; just that it would add a good deal of uncertainty.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U6g9SomUR-P0bbSb9rIC1f604SiCrD1E2MkD03i1fzc/htmlview#

Take a look at the Lyn/Lucina match-up, which was fairly even.  After 9:00, there are no more multipliers, and the graph just rises gently to a Lyn victory.  Clear winner.

Now take a look at Ike/Roy, which was incredibly unbalanced.  Multipliers caused the score to bounce several times.  Ike still won, but had the voting ended a few hours earlier or a few hours later, Roy would have had the victory.

Again, we can't say for certainty that Camilla will win.  However, because of the multiplier system, a more popular character will be more likely to have an upset.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's cool, dude. Like I said, it's not all Ike fans. My boyfriend is the biggest Ike fan I know. The guy basically worships the ground he walks on, cosplays as him, etc. And I support that because I love that he has a healthy passion. He shares the same opinions I have have about his flaws and whatnot. And you can honestly say the same thing about any character. (There are healthy/toxic fans for just about any character in any series.) I've just butted more heads with Ike fans than any other character in the series. lol 

But good luck. I keep flip-flopping with the moral dilemma for which team to join. Time will tell.

As a fellow Ike enthusiast and Ike cosplayer, your boyfriend sounds like a respectable fellow. And what you say is true; every fanbase has its bad eggs, I guess I'm just shocked to hear about how bad Ike's fans can be. I've been blissfully ignorant it seems.

And no pressure on who to join, go with your heart.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Regardless of opinion around here, she's absolutely popular and liked.

The minority that dislikes her often seems to forget it's a minority.

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

Then how do you explain Gaius losing the last gauntlet? Gaius had multipliers for the near entirety of the gauntlet but it didn't help him win it. If Ike has a huge numerical advantage over Camilla in terms of supporters, multipliers won't necessarily help her win either.

I really doubt that Ike is going to have such a large advantage in numbers the same way that Corrin did over Gaius. Her team may very likely be small enough to get a multiplier, but big enough to keep her in the lead at the most crucial moments.

5 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

You might be surprised at some of the reasons people like Camilla. The problem is nobody can admit they like her without everyone going "oh, you're in this game for that reason, eh?"

For me that sort of discourse ends up funny the moment I mention I'm female.
They tend to get silent quick afterwards.

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

I never said it would cause her to win; just that it would add a good deal of uncertainty.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1U6g9SomUR-P0bbSb9rIC1f604SiCrD1E2MkD03i1fzc/htmlview#

Take a look at the Lyn/Lucina match-up, which was fairly even.  After 9:00, there are no more multipliers, and the graph just rises gently to a Lyn victory.  Clear winner.

Now take a look at Ike/Roy, which was incredibly unbalanced.  Multipliers caused the score to bounce several times.  Ike still won, but had the voting ended a few hours earlier or a few hours later, Roy would have had the victory.

Again, we can't say for certainty that Camilla will win.  However, because of the multiplier system, a more popular character will be more likely to have an upset.

I still hate that we were so boring because we were too close.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Regardless of opinion around here, she's absolutely popular and liked.

The minority that dislikes her often seems to forget it's a minority.

That happens a lot. I actually may join you. Let the world burn!

1 minute ago, Together We Ride said:

As a fellow Ike enthusiast and Ike cosplayer, your boyfriend sounds like a respectable fellow. And what you say is true; every fanbase has its bad eggs, I guess I'm just shocked to hear about how bad Ike's fans can be. I've been blissfully ignorant it seems.

And no pressure on who to join, go with your heart.

Again, what you said 100%.

I've never cosplayed as Ike before... I'd kinda have to genderbend it if I did though. XD

You know what I'm just going to flip a coin & see who I should join, because quite frankly I actually do like Camilla as a character but at the same time I'm really upset on what just transpired here.

This damn multiplier is just too damn faulty. Can't believe I ever thought it was something that balance out the system.

41 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, much of the Ike hate I see is from just as you say, butthurt Micaiah fans who hate him simply because he "stole" her spotlight when that was more Yune's doing than anything. RD Ike was not written as well as PoR Ike was, but he was certainly no Gary Stu. The respect people had for him is at least justified by PoR's events and stuff.

I also see Roy fans hate on him simply because he "replaced" Roy in Smash, though this isn't as often.

Yune was the reason Ike got his own personal battle with the Black Knight and an ending card dedicated to him? :P

Seriously, though, it's not really accurate to blame a character for hogging a spotlight when it's really the writer's fault. Like, yes, Ike got too much attention (including compared to Yune), but it's not like taking the attention of the game means anything to the characters, so it's a bit silly to hate on a character based on overexposure.