Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

I am torn.

On one hand I am horrified and disgusted that Camilia beat Lyn.

On the other hand, I enjoy the sweet sweet irony aimed at the more toxic (minority) of Lyn voters who were bragging about how Lyn winning round 1 proved that the 3DS era of games sucked only to lose to a character embodying some of the worst aspects of said era.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Again, what you said 100%.

I've never cosplayed as Ike before... I'd kinda have to genderbend it if I did though. XD

Any Ike cosplay is welcomed cosplay! Ranger Ike was my first cosplay, and I improved it and wore it again this year, but next year I'm hoping to go as Hero Ike.

2 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

I'd like to think Lyn's popularity came from her being the west's first FE lord... but deep down I know some are in it just for the legs.

Smash may have had more to do with that since more people played that then 7 if we're being honest. Plus, yeah, legs, decent bust, potential of no underwear. She's fanservice that people aren't shamed for liking. Not saying that's where all her fans come from, but, come on, look at her.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I can't help but wonder- does IS think we really like Camilla? 

How in fourteen hells are people so motivated by hormones for a video game character in a voting battle competition?

I think IS knows she only  won due to multipliers.

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

You know what I'm just going to flip a coin & see who I should join, because quite frankly I actually do like Camilla as a character but at the same time I'm really upset on what just transpired here.

This damn multiplier is just too damn faulty. Can't believe I ever thought it was something that balance out the system.

To be fair, the best way to "fix" the multiplier would be to go all the way and troll win with Camilla. People here are already ruffled enough to say they'll send reports over it from this round alone.

Like Rezzy, I've been against the multiplier from the beginning. So this gauntlet letting it be proven as a lame mechanic to a bigger amount of people, AND have my favorite character come out on top is just a win win. 

3 minutes ago, TheWerdna said:

I am torn.

On one hand I am horrified and disgusted that Camilia beat Lyn.

On the other hand, I enjoy the sweet sweet irony aimed at the more toxic (minority) of Lyn voters who were bragging about how Lyn winning round 1 proved that the 3DS era of games sucked only to lose to a character embodying some of the worst aspects of said era.

Welcome to the Fire Emblem fanbase. 

17 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

More like cold deformed lard sacks. Ike, cut through them like a hot knife through a ball of good mozzarella!

If there is a "reverse Nyx" spell- make Camilla a hag, make her spine be dragged down and her features giant ugly prunes!

Oh, so she'll end up as Niime? :P

Heh, Camilla was always here! She was in Binding Blade all along.

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

It did wonders for Lyn. Sex appeal is quite powerful indeed.

Lyn's is in a tasteful way. Camilla's is to me: very weird. Seriously, WTF is that outfit. Wasn't Beruka's armor supposed to be Camilla's old armor or something? Might have remembered something wrong in one of the supports I've watched on YouTube.

Anyway, for many, she's too lewd in appearance. Personally, Camilla's Cipher card where she's a Basara looks really cool. You have Camilla, her face and figure, and you have a neat outfit.

Camilla's design in a way is kind of simple to be classy or tasteful without being stupid(ly sexualized). Long lavender hair that covers an eye and a headpiece that kind of makes her look like she has cat ears or horns. Put her in any outfit except whatever the hell she's wearing now and she'd look like any other lady in Fire Emblem. A Titania set of armor for her would probably make her look pretty badass.

In terms of writing, well, you could just retcon some stuff or at least expand on it. So, instead of the creepy and kind of fetish-y big sister thing, they could have expanded on her back story and made her behavior be more like a kind of twisted need to protect things she loves because she lost so much and knows life is very fragile sort of thing. So, less of a creepy older sister and more of a traumatized mama bear.

I don't know, she seems like a wasted character which apparently, a lot of the Fates characters are from what I heard. Never played Fates, but I know some bits and pieces through watching some supports. For one, Benny is cool.

Edited by Kaden

11 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

It's cool, dude. Like I said, it's not all Ike fans. My boyfriend is the biggest Ike fan I know. The guy basically worships the ground he walks on, cosplays as him, etc. And I support that because I love that he has a healthy passion. He shares the same opinions I have have about his flaws and whatnot. And you can honestly say the same thing about any character. (There are healthy/toxic fans for just about any character in any series.) I've just butted more heads with Ike fans than any other character in the series. lol 

But good luck. I keep flip-flopping with the moral dilemma for which team to join. Time will tell.

For some reason, your relationship there reminds me of the scene where Micaiah claims that Ike is the father of Sothe's children.

3 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

For me that sort of discourse ends up funny the moment I mention I'm female.
They tend to get silent quick afterwards.

I actually have an overall favorable opinion of Camilla.  I was on her team for the Wyvern Gauntlet.  Come to think of it, I think that might be the only Gauntlet that I've been on the winning team for.

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've never cosplayed as Ike before... I'd kinda have to genderbend it if I did though. XD

I've never cosplayed as anybody, though I could probably pull off Titania if I had access to armor.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Do it. Rule 63 is a thing, after all. Then make an OC for it - she can be Freddy and your Avatar's daughter with a love of Ike's legends or something.

Edited by SoulWeaver

8 minutes ago, LuxSpes said:

For anybody on Team Ike that would like to add me, my ID is 0477029002.

I currently have Bridelia has my representative, but I could switch her for a number of different unit including Nino, Hector, Julia, Brave Ike, Reinhardt and Azura.

Just tell me you did so since I need to make some space on my friend list.

I'll add you, managed to make room on my friend's list. My lead is Innes.

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Smash may have had more to do with that since more people played that then 7 if we're being honest. Plus, yeah, legs, decent bust, potential of no underwear. She's fanservice that people aren't shamed for liking. Not saying that's where all her fans come from, but, come on, look at her.

Her assist trophy role is so minuscule though, I'd be very surprised if she got more fans from there than her own game. Marth, Roy, and to a good extent Ike certainly, since they're playable, and the former two were majorly new to the west, but I think Lyn deserves a little more OG credit than that.

Yeah, I think her Heroes incarnation is the fanservicey one. Her classic art is far less busty than that. It legit bothers me that she looks like that in Heroes... but oh well. 

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Kinda random comment, but I need something to take my mind off of Ogre Sex Battle: March of the Black Dairy Queen.

I don't care for cosplaying at all really. I understand the reasons why people do it and tolerate it, but for me it ruins the ideal. 9.999% of people who cosplay as say Link could never ever truly imitate him. It's a disgrace to me because I want to worship and appreciate characters in their ideal, which is almost impossible to make real. I love Sephiran and like Nailah too, but I'd never cosplay as either because I'd be a very far cry from the real thing- which exists only in video game pixels and official artwork.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

For some reason, your relationship there reminds me of the scene where Micaiah claims that Ike is the father of Sothe's children.

I feel like this is pretty accurate. Like scarily accurate. Maybe Micaiah is my spirit animal. XD

7 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

I'd like to think Lyn's popularity came from her being the west's first FE lord... but deep down I know some are in it just for the legs.

Personally, I found all three lords in FE7 to be a friendly, likable bunch.  I think part of it (for me) came from the avatar system, with the characters including you and making you a part of their circle of friends.  That's probably one reason that I don't mind the avatar system in the newer games, even if I do wish they'd tone down the "you're the most special person who's ever lived!" aspect of it.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Lyn is in a tasteful way. Camilla is to me, weird. Seriously, WTF is that outfit. Wasn't Beruka's armor supposed to be Camilla's old armor or something? Might have remembered something wrong in one of the supports I've watched on YouTube.

Anyway, for many, she's too lewd in appearance. Personally, Camilla's Cipher card where she's a Basara looks really cool. You have Camilla, her face and figure, and you have a neat outfit.

Camilla's design in a way is kind of simple to be classy or tasteful without being stupid(ly sexualized). Long lavender hair that covers an eye and a headpiece that kind of makes her look like she has cat ears or horns. Put her in any outfit except whatever the hell she's wearing now and she'd look like any other lady in Fire Emblem. A Titania set of armor for her would probably make her look pretty badass.

In terms of writing, well, you could just retcon some stuff or at least expand on it. So, instead of the creepy and kind of fetish-y big sister thing, they could have expanded on her back story and made her behavior be more like a kind of twisted need to protect things she loves because she lost so much and knows life is very fragile sort of thing. I don't know, she seems like a wasted character which apparently, a lot of the Fates characters are from what I heard. Never played Fates, but I know some bits and pieces through watching some supports. For one, Benny is cool.

I guess it's not a party of just me. Huzzah!

Basara Camilla is my favorite art for her too, and I reclassed her into Dark Flier in Conquest because dang she's way sexier there. Mega RIP her potential.

6 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Yeah, I think her Heroes incarnation is the fanservicey one. Her classic art is far less busty than that. It legit bothers me that she looks like that in Heroes... but oh well. 

Don’t forget the bounce. Always remember the bounce.

Wvbh3sw.gif

Edited by Vaximillian

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Lyn is in a tasteful way.

Yes, she's much more tasteful, by comparison, but it's still there. I just have to come to terms with the fact my favorite lacks that fanservice. Oh well, she did really well for not being overtly sexualized.

Just now, Together We Ride said:

Her assist trophy role is so minuscule though, I'd be very surprised if she got more fans from there than her own game. Marth, Roy, and to a good extent Ike certainly, since they're playable, and the former two were majorly new to the west, but I think Lyn deserves a little more OG credit than that.

Yeah, she seems a lot more...clingy too. As for the assist trophy, it may be minor, but it certainly got the ball rolling since I honestly doubt as many people played Blazing Blade as either Awakening or Fates. Plus a lot of people (myself included) probably didn't know who to vote for, so they were going to just vote for people they recognized and an assist is more recognizable than some minor trophy (I did ditch that plan after the midterms and I got my hopes up that Lucina could rally). I was planning to vote for Marth, Ike, and Lyn, but never got around to it.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Don’t forget the bounce. Always remember the bounce.

Wvbh3sw.gif

gif's broken, but that was western only, but, then again, that's who we're really talking about here.

5 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Camilla in Titania armor would immediately give her an A+ in my book, for her design at least. I like everything north of her shoulders.

You're kinda making something out of nothing. Camilla grew close to Corrin because of the concubines fighting in King Garon's harem. She never actively seduces him, she acts the same way regardless of Corrin's gender. If doting on your little sibling is seductive then a lot of people I know are trying to get into their little siblings pants ?. Hate a character all you want but don't jump on a bandwagon and become an ignorant sheep.

Edit: For some reason the reply I quoted isn't showing, whoops. Probably because of my slow computer.

Edited by ChickenBits
Clarification

2 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Kinda random comment, but I need something to take my mind off of Ogre Sex Battle: March of the Black Dairy Queen.

I don't care for cosplaying at all really. I understand the reasons why people do it and tolerate it, but for me it ruins the ideal. 9.999% of people who cosplay as say Link could never ever truly imitate him. It's a disgrace to me because I want to worship and appreciate characters in their ideal, which is almost impossible to make real. I love Sephiran and like Nailah too, but I'd never cosplay as either because I'd be a very far cry from the real thing- which exists only in video game pixels and official artwork.

To each there own I suppose, and since nearly every one of my posts here has been pretty off topic to the gauntlet, I'll help further this discussion lol.

I struggled with the whole "I/they don't look like the character" thing, especially as a half-black dude, but cosplaying is just too fun to get that self-conscious/critical of others for me. In the end, we all just want to show our love for these fictional people, and for some cosplaying as them is the ultimate way of doing it. Don't let other's expression of their character love hinder your's though! That ain't fair to either party, you feel?