Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

6 minutes ago, Lau said:

This is disappointing...like, I knew it would happen, but that's TWICE now that Ike has beaten my favourites...three times if we count the fact that during the CYL poll, his RD appearance pushed Marth out of the top five...ah well. Congratulations Team Ike. Yippee.

As huge of an Ike fan as I am, I too was disappointed to see Marth (and even more so Ephraim) not break top 5. Though for me, I was more insulted that Chrom out of all people had more fans than Marth... but that makes sense I suppose. 

*Edit* I was one of the few who played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn before Brawl released, which is when my like of Ike started. I'm actually a little shocked that Ike got so many new fans via Brawl, really. Maybe it was memes, but I guess there's something about his design that even total strangers love.

Edited by Together We Ride

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first time I'm on a highly likely winner's side and it felt so anti-climactic for some reason. Ike vs Camilla... doesn't ring ultimate showdown to my ears :'(

So far, I enjoyed the Ike vs Hector part of the gauntlet best. Wish there was more fanart!!

Oh, no!  It looks like Ike's rising far too quickly, and Camilla's going to get a last or even second-to-last hour multiplier!

...I'm just kidding.  But could you imagine...?

41 minutes ago, kcirrot said:

Not at all, remember he was only up against one 3DS male and is a very popular character even given the amount of time.  Plus, Camilla was far from the most popular character on the girl side.  She needed the multiplier to get into the finals.  I think Ike went into the finals the clear favorite.

Yeah, as much as I like Roy and Hector, it was no contest.  The only reason they even had a slim possibility of victory was because of the multiplier system.

I really hope they change the system next Gauntlet.  I understand that it can be a bit disheartening choosing a character and knowing four hours in that you're going to lose, but it's also rather frustrating choosing a character and seeing him/her/it fail due to sheer luck.  You may as well remove the scoring altogether and just keep track of flags for reward purposes.  Then at the end, you trigger a random number generator for each character, and the high number wins and moves on.

Then again, I'm not big on contests and competitions anyway, and I'm only participating for the rewards.  As long as the system hands out feathers, I suppose I shouldn't complain too loudly.

1 minute ago, Together We Ride said:

As huge of an Ike fan as I am, I too was disappointed to see Marth (and even more so Ephraim) not break top 5. Though for me, I was more insulted that Chrom out of all people had more fans than Marth... but that makes sense I suppose. 

I'm surprised Marth hasn't had more prominence in Heroes.  For being the face of the franchise, he doesn't even have any alternate costumes yet.

I've got 1000 Flags left now, with 567,700 points, which gives me rank 9009.

My fever is down to 100.8, unless the pathogen gets a multiplier, I should have my fever abate before I die.  I don't think I've brought this up before, but I don't really care for Corrin's swim suit.  The cream and brown color scheme is ugly.  Anytime you have a white that isn't pure white, it looks dirty or dingy, which the brown doesn't help.  And why is she wearing a garter?

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

My fever is down to 100.8, unless the pathogen gets a multiplier, I should have my fever abate before I die.

I hope you feel better real soon, Rezzy. Being sick sucks!

8 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

*Edit* I was one of the few who played Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn before Brawl released, which is when my like of Ike started. I'm actually a little shocked that Ike got so many new fans via Brawl, really. Maybe it was memes, but I guess there's something about his design that even total strangers love.

They probably saw his hair and mistook him for Hector.  (I swear, that happens to me every time I see a picture of him that's primarily the head.)

2 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Oh, no!  It looks like Ike's rising far too quickly, and Camilla's going to get a last or even second-to-last hour multiplier!

...I'm just kidding.  But could you imagine...?

Bruh I'm still worried about this so don't you even! lmao

2 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Marth suffered from the game split in the CYL polls. If you add his votes from Shadow Dragon and New Mystery together, he actually tops Chrom. But he still gets the special calendar art, so it doesn't matter too much? For some, like Tiki, she didn't make the top ten because of the game split, so she doesn't get calendar art. But, if you added her votes for her from across the games, she would've placed at #6. But, hey, we've gotten 3 iterations of her so far, so I'm not too disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm surprised Marth hasn't had more prominence in Heroes.  For being the face of the franchise, he doesn't even have any alternate costumes yet.

Yeah... the game is very "ehh" with him... 

I mean, the game only treats him in a special way in two things:

1.- Giving him a special summoning animation

2.- He was in the first Focus Summon (alongside other of the most popular characters of their respective games).

Just now, Astellius said:

Marth suffered from the game split in the CYL polls. If you add his votes from Shadow Dragon and New Mystery together, he actually tops Chrom. But he still gets the special calendar art, so it doesn't matter too much? For some, like Tiki, she didn't make the top ten because of the game split, so she doesn't get calendar art. But, if you added her votes for her from across the games, she would've placed at #6. But, hey, we've gotten 3 iterations of her so far, so I'm not too disappointed.

Ah right, I had forgotten about the Marth split. Now that's the greatest shame of the poll. Marth deserves better...

1 minute ago, JJ48 said:

They probably saw his hair and mistook him for Hector.  (I swear, that happens to me every time I see a picture of him that's primarily the head.)

This is an acceptable mistake. I see no problem with two great characters being mistaken for each other, lol.

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Yeah... the game is very "ehh" with him... 

I mean, the game only treats him in a special way in two things:

1.- Giving him a special summoning animation

2.- He was in the first Focus Summon (alongside other of the most popular characters of their respective games).

Marth is pretty underwhelming as a unit in Heroes sadly. He's just a sword unit among the sea of sword units in the game and while he has a legendary weapon in Falchion, Lucina overshadows him as a Falchion wielder.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

Marth is pretty underwhelming as a unit in Heroes sadly. He's just a sword unit among the sea of sword units in the game and while he has a legendary weapon in Falchion, Lucina overshadows him as a Falchion wielder.

Yeah, Marth is basically "Balanced Lucina" (still fast but not so fast, weaker and more bulky)

50 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I thought that was the second round match, since I'm pretty sure I went for Leo first and then moved on to Ephraim.

Yes, you're right.  Chrom was up against the benchlord Alphonse and beat him badly.

Please don't remind me that Marth isn't getting a lot of love in Heroes, it breaks my heart every day...IS, why do you treat the Hero-King like this?! Why?!

I'm still holding out hope that Camilla might just edge out Ike a little, but I know that I'm only setting myself up for more disappointment...

Just now, Othin said:

I don't even really remember Chrom vs Ephraim. What was special about it?

It was close and didn't have multipliers.

9 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It was close and didn't have multipliers.

Yeah, this. It was VERY close and the lead kept swinging back and forth. Ephraim just happened to come away with it at the very end.

And Camilla isn't winning now. Ike isn't gaining enough to give her another multiplier.

EDIT: The gap between Ike and Camilla will naturally widen, duh... But it won't be enough for her to get another multiplier.

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

EDIT: The gap between Ike and Camilla will naturally widen, duh... But it won't be enough for her to get another multiplier.

I'm very aware. I was commenting on the fact that a widening gap between the two still increases the plausibility of the losing team getting a last second multiplier. In any other situation, a widening gap is a good thing in a contest for the winning team, but here, it isn't, and that's stupid is all.