Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Why do you even ask? Art always helps!

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Sure~!  If you have an art topic in Creative, then go for it~!  If not, then you have an excuse to make one!

Seems I have an excuse to make one then~!
I've been meaning to make one but.... *something something* procastrination. XD

And...done!

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Made a thread / fixed a typo

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Jingle Jangle said:

I agree, Camilla was the wildcard in this gauntlet. It would be boring if it was always the popular character winning each match. Shame this gauntlet will make her haters dislike her even more. 

If IS said, "Occasionally we're just going to to reverse the results and let the loser win because it's boring for a game to be fair," would that be cool too?  

Because that's exactly how this works now.  I genuinely hope they just do away with this game mode.  

5 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

I have to agree that after this gauntlet one thing is clear to me: The Lyn fanbase is more obnoxious than either the Ike or Lucina fanbase, and is the most obnoxious fanbase in all of Fire Emblem. People need to get off of this Lyn high horse thinking that she is above and beyond better than any other character and throwing their salt for her losing towards other character fanbases. 

There is much one could say about this post, but it's contradictions are apparent.  You denounce and attack a group of people the vast majority of whom you don't know and have given you no reason to attack.  And what's best is you call them obnoxious.  Reminds me of an old saying about pots and kettles.

Man if there's one thing this fanbase is good at regardless of preferences or anything else, it's forcing divisions amongst ourselves for dumb shit like which game or character you like.

"Lyn fans this" "Ike fans that". I've seen no Lyn fans doxxing here and no Ike fans gloating here. If it's a problem outside of this website, maybe it's not something attributable to those characters' fans but a problem with those specific people who are acting like this. The only thing you're achieving by flaming the fanbases is creating animosity where there shouldn't be any. Then you have people like me who are fans of a majority of the characters in this gauntlet who are both happy Ike won but would've also been fine with a different result ALSO being made to feel like we can't express congratulations for Ike because it'll just be seen as arrogant.

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

Man if there's one thing this fanbase is good at regardless of preferences or anything else, it's forcing divisions amongst ourselves for dumb shit like which game or character you like.

"Lyn fans this" "Ike fans that". I've seen no Lyn fans doxxing here and no Ike fans gloating here. If it's a problem outside of this website, maybe it's not something attributable to those characters' fans but a problem with those specific people who are acting like this. The only thing you're achieving by flaming the fanbases is creating animosity where there shouldn't be any. Then you have people like me who are fans of a majority of the characters in this gauntlet who are both happy Ike won but would've also been fine with a different result ALSO being made to feel like we can't express congratulations for Ike because it'll just be seen as arrogant.

Agreed, I'm happy Ike won, but also bitter at HOW Lyn lost, not that she lost.   I'm a fan of the series first of all. 

I am not upset about HOW Lyn lost but by wasted opportunity for Ike vs Lyn match. Loosing in less important gauntlet by multiplier  would be be fine with me, but yeah if it can screw even such major event in I do have to take back that it's fine to have this feature. 

Edited by Tenzen12

I was going to respond to Fire Emblem Fan's quoting of me (and in a civil manner, of course), but it looks like eclipse and Sangyul/Sunwoo have addressed it well enough already, so I'll just move on.

I guess almost no one got my Freddy on Team Ike since I didn't really get an answer... Oh well, maybe next gauntlet!

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry for not replying @Tactician_Iris. I kind of just avoided stuff during the gauntlet, due to supporting Tharja and then Camilla, and not wanting to see the same old same old against them.

That being said, I should probably have email notifications for mentions and quotes on, if this site has that. Hopefully I wasn't too much of a pain. I did have the sense to change Beruka in the last quarter or so of the final, though.

8 hours ago, Noble Of Pherae said:

I'm so happy that Ike won! He's my third favorite lord, so I'm happy with the outcome.

Still pretty peeved off that Lyn got beat by Whoremilla though.

7 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Just lol at all of these "Respectable Fire Emblem Players" that argue with idiots on the internet that the past Fire Emblem waifus were much classier than the current waifus.

6 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

And what to do about all these "modern" Fire emblem and players that argue with idiots on the Internet that current waifus are only true waifus? 

Seriously?

If you have nothing nice/of value to say, keep it to yourself.

8800 feathers from this Voting Gauntlet.

Didn't do badly being in Team Lyn for the first 2 rounds before switching to Team Camilla for the feathers after Lyn lost the semifinals though it's not the same as my getting 10300 feathers from the swimsuit gauntlet.

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I was just making conversation. Thought I owed it to people after last night. Sorry.

Oh, my bad then. Sorry. It just didn't come off that way to me. So again, apologies.

How come you didn't add any friends though? Just didn't feel like it?

Edited by Anacybele

13 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Oh, my bad then. Sorry. It just didn't come off that way to me. So again, apologies.

How come you didn't add any friends though? Just didn't feel like it?

I added a couple people, but they didn't accept the request. I have my FC listed here and the official FC thread though, maybe next gauntlet I'll have better luck. 

59 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I added a couple people, but they didn't accept the request. I have my FC listed here and the official FC thread though, maybe next gauntlet I'll have better luck. 

I recall lots of Team Lyn people offering and looking for FCs early in the gauntlet though, you could've just hit them up. :P

On September 5, 2017 at 11:18 PM, Sunwoo said:

If this is how every voting gauntlet is going to end, then this mode is an abysmal failure at being enjoyable.

Wait, it was supposed to be enjoyable?

On September 5, 2017 at 11:40 PM, eclipse said:

That's why I try to stay positive.  And I could use the help of everyone here!

Eh, why not? I'll keep pitching in, though it doesn't help that I have to go edit out all the cussing from like a fifth of the stuff I quote.

On September 6, 2017 at 1:18 AM, Tenzen12 said:

Yeah while this affair is just pot calling kettle. We have crappy Lucina fans, crappy Ike fans, and of course Lyn has as many as any of these as well. There is  literally no difference. So lets get to just stop act like bunch of hypocrites. 

I've yet to see a Roy fan throwing crap besides myself, and as @Anacybele can attest from the Unpopular Opinion thread I'm just goofing off 85% of the time I do that(but do correct me if someone else on here throwing crap is a Roy fan so I can tell them they're an embarrassment to the good name of RoyBoys© everywhere). Clearly, Roy is the true best character in the FE universe. #OURBOI™

5 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Next time they run a Gauntlet, check if we're on the same team - I'll take any friend requests from people on here so long as they let me know it's them, and I keep it smaller so I'm more likely to get everyone at least once, so if we're fighting for the same guy, hit me up!

To be honest, from my not-so-humble-but-trying-to-be perspective, Roy V Ike was the only really satisfying match for everyone concerned - all the Ike fans were happy(or at least not ticked) because they won, and all the Roy fans were just glad it was so close as opposed to being Ike gets ahead in the first hour and the round ends with a 12 Billion+ difference and half of us wonder why we even bother. Much though everyone hates on it, there are times the multipliers are actually a good thing.

Edited by SoulWeaver