Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

Ok so Team Lyn has no one to blame but themselves. Camilla was predicted to get the multiplier several hours earlier than she did, but Lyn's hourly scores went way down. If Camilla had gotten the multiplier 5 hours earlier, That would have been more than enough time to catch back up. Just look at Ike V Hector. Ike never let up like Lyn did and Hector got the bonus with 8 hours remaining which left Ike enough time to overcome him.

Lyn blew it and i'm mad because now i'm stuck on Team Titties.

The refugee war seems to have gone 60% to Ike and 40% to Camilla. This certainly isn't going to be a curbstomp. I really hope Ike pulls it out. Although I'm still going to use all of the 3030 flags I have for the Final round.

Spoiler

Hector: Hey Lyn, that sure was fun huh? I had a well fought battle with my opponent, Ike. He was such an honorable fighter, I'm not even mad I lost! Hey, who do you lose to?

Lyn: ....tits....

Someone needs to make art of this. A big grin on Hector and the most sad depressed look on Lyn.

Edited by Hawk King

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Ok so Team Lyn has no one to blame but themselves. Camilla was predicted to get the multiplier several hours earlier than she did, but Lyn's hourly scores went way down. If Camilla had gotten the multiplier 5 hours earlier, That would have been more than enough time to catch back up. Just look at Ike V Hector. Ike never let up like Lyn did and Hector got the bonus with 8 hours remaining which left Ike enough time to overcome him.

The refugee war seems to have gone 60% to Ike and 40% to Camilla. This certainly isn't going to be a curbstomp. I really hope Ike pulls it out. Although I'm still going to use all of the 3030 flags I have for the Final round.

Reveal hidden contents

Hector: Hey Lyn, that sure was fun huh? I had a well fought battle with my opponent, Ike. He was such an honorable fighter, I'm not even mad I lost! Hey, who do you lose to?

Someone needs to make art of this. A big grin on Hector and the most sad depressed look on Lyn.

How is it their fault? You honestly expect team coordination for this kind of thing?

Edited by Zangetsu

I'm starting to wish that Hector had won last round. Ike losing to Hector would have been chill, but it will be humiliating if Ike loses to Camilla. Sure, Hector loosing to Camilla would suck too, but at least Hector fans in general are really chill people while Ike's side is full of whiners and smash fanboys.

1 minute ago, Eleanore said:

I'm starting to wish that Hector had won last round. Ike losing to Hector would have been chill, but it will be humiliating if Ike loses to Camilla. Sure, Hector loosing to Camilla would suck too, but at least Hector fans in general are really chill people while Ike's side is full of whiners and smash fanboys.

Yeah, I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt there buddy.

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yeah, I'm gonna take that with a grain of salt there buddy.

Has there been a lot of salt from Team Hector for losing? I haven't seen any. I just figured that even if a lot of elitists would probably join Hector they would also realise it's a giant accomplishment of him just getting to the finals, while the Ike side probably would only accept losing to Lyn and act like victory was granted.

Just now, Eleanore said:

Has there been a lot of salt from Team Hector for losing? I haven't seen any. I just figured that even if a lot of elitists would probably join Hector they would also realise it's a giant accomplishment of him just getting to the finals, while the Ike side probably would only accept losing to Lyn and act like victory was granted.

Mind as well say the same thing about Chrom & Roy at that point.

15 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

How is it their fault? You honestly expect team coordination for this kind of thing?

Ike's numbers didn't take a dip. Lyn's did for whatever reason. Just after Camilla's 2nd last multiplier at 5x, the numbers showed Camilla getting her next at 6.3x and then barely not reaching one at 7.5x. Lyn's output went down so much that the multiplier for Camilla slid all the way to 7.3x which was far to late to overcome.

I can guarantee that the majority of Lyn supporters were left sitting on a fat stack of flags.

Edited by Hawk King

I don't know who I'MSORRYIKE is, but he's on my friendlist too (between Vax and Luke, but I don't think the order matters... doesn't help I'm used to that Tour guy being after Vax).

I found out when I tapped his Soren when he came visiting. "I bring greetings from I'MSORRYIKE"

1 minute ago, Hawk King said:

Ike's numbers didn't take a dip. Lyn's did for whatever reason. Just after Camilla's 2nd last multiplier at 5x, the numbers showed Camilla getting her next at 6.3x and then barely non reaching one at 7.5x. Lyn's output went down so much that the multiplier for Camilla slid all the way to 7.3x which was far to late to overcome.

I can guarantee that the majority of Lyn supporters were left sitting on a fat stack of flags.

Yea, I'm still not hearing how it's their fault here. Do u honestly expect communication across of thousands of people at once?

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Yea, I'm still not hearing how it's their fault here. Do u honestly expect communication across of thousands of people at once?

It means that those people should have realized that holding back was a bad idea.

Can you expect them to? No, because a big mass of people is stupid.

Can you blame them for being stupid? Of course you can!

1 minute ago, Zangetsu said:

No, but Ike and Lyn were in identical scenarios.

The majority of Lyn supporters fucked up. It doesn't take communication to know what to do and when to do it.

4 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

It means that those people should have realized that holding back was a bad idea.

Can you expect them to? No, because a big mass of people is stupid.

Can you blame them for being stupid? Of course you can!

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

No, but Ike and Lyn were in identical scenarios.

The majority of Lyn supporters fucked up. It doesn't take communication to know what to do and when to do it.

I suppose, but that doesn't change the fact there wasn't much that they can be done at the end of the day.

2,500 feathers and ended rank 22 for team Lyn.  I stayed up and caught every single multiplier she had for the first two rounds.

I debated which team to join for quite some time while at work and had time to cool off my disappointment.  i remembered that while I REALLY hoped Lyn would win this voting gauntlet, to not only represent Lyn as a character but also the GBA titles, this is still ultimately a competition of characters and not their respective games.

I like both Ike and Camilla, for different reasons.  Ultimately I went with Camilla, as she is one of my favorites from Fates and also a character I find very interesting in general.  Ike is a good and likable character for me in his own right, but doesn't come off as being as interesting and deep as Camilla.  Plus no flying dragon.

It'd be wrong for me to not pick Camilla for the last round out of spite for her beating Lyn, when what truly beat Lyn was the system and rules set in place.

Edited by KatarinaCS1

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Lost a multiplier battle with a colourless unit on my side. Could this day get any worse?

That's why you save the light's blessing for this. Most other battles were they would be useful, they aren't allowed anyway.

Despite tending to like Camilla more than Ike, I went with Ike. I really don't want Camilla to come out as the most popular Fire Emblem character in this thing. Ike or Lyn, sure, I can live with it despite not liking Ike particularly and really not liking Heroes' Lyn (again, not sure why... she just doesn't feel right for me), but I don't want Camilla to win this thing.

Anyone on Team Ike wants to add me - my friend code is on the list thing as I don't have it to hand right now. Reinhardt is my lead, but I can change to any colour required.

I've already kicked a few friends for costing me a Light's Blessing by having normal Ike as their lead. I'm being ruthless, since it annoys me so much -.-

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Reveal hidden contents

The problem with this argument is that the group that would be aware of this (Serenes, Reddit, GameFAQs, etc.) only make up a small subset of the Lyn fanbase. You have to remember that not everyone has access to that prediction as either A) some may be unaware of its existence since it's not a commonly known thing outside of the FE fanbase, B) not have access to it due to language barriers/time differences/etc., or C) just don't give a shit since they're just playing casually and there's not as much reason to be more invested in the mode other then for cheap feathers and orbs. Another problem with this is that the prediction can also be off in its assessment since beforehand Ike was stated to lose to Hector but it failed to consider the increase of players using flags to catch up and ended up being wrong, which means there's no guarantee that what was tracked to happen is going to happen at the exact point in time with the exact number of points.

Additionally, pushing off the multiplier has been a good strategy in the past as characters like Julia were predicted to lose to a lategame multiplier but by slowing down their numbers were able to stave it off completely. It's just that in this case it wasn't as fruitful since the gains Lyn had weren't being curb by those casually contributing to her score.

Edited by Medeus

Made a tough choice. Don't know how I feel. I'm still glad I have that Catria on my side though.

This entire gauntlet has been awkward.

3 hours ago, ErrantDShepherd said:

I was very surprised Camilla won... and would have preferred a Lyn vs Ike final...

That said, a number of people wanted less predictable matches right?

...well who saw this coming?

Idk, in the end I find the best thing to do is try and pick up as many feathers as you can, and forget the rest. It may be cynical, but it's a lot more fun than feeling super salty?

I saw it coming.  I was one of the few voices in the wilderness saying how dumb the multiplier was, and that something like this could happen from the beginning.

3 hours ago, DarkLordIvy said:

Ooooo an Ike multiplier and I'm awake! What a silver lining to this 3am experience. 

Who got the multiplier first?

58 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

If people lose fair and square, most people are good sports and move on.  If people feel they are cheated out of rightful victory, most people are at least annoyed by it.

51 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

How it was a bad idea ? If half of our side was stopping to battle, Camilla will never got the multiplier. Unleashing all of our flags was not a good idea.

Well, we lost because of this stupid multiplier idea. I'd prefer the 3x multiplier. Not the 7x.

39 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Lost a multiplier battle with a colourless unit on my side. Could this day get any worse?

I lost my two mutliplier battles the last hour. First one was three mage (two M!Robin + Celica) VS Marth, Gordin and my Lukas. Second was Spring Camilla, Raven and Summer Xander VS Kagero, M!Robin TA3 and my Lukas. In not a good map. I used my Light's Blessing for both.