Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Definitely Sharena, unless I’m specifically asked to field Celica.

Ah, thanks. I'd prefer it if none of my Lynmates changed mascot, to make it easier for me to note which friend I got my unit from, but I'm not going to stop you.

Besides, I'm liable to check my friendlist to make sure I know which friend I got anyway.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Lyn, currently fielding +10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Lancebreaker 3, Hone Cavalry).

Let me know if you want someone else. I have a lot of someone elses.

On 27/08/2017 at 9:05 PM, Arthur97 said:

You two might be, but no matter who wins, there will be chaos. If a 3DS wins, it will be relentless whining. If a non-3DS wins, then some people will never let us live it down.

Given the the fact that neither Lyn nor Ike are from the 3DS, the latter will ensue.

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

You seem awfully confident.

Yeah, a bit too confident especially when factoring in the damned stacked multiplier. As long as that thing sticks around, practically nothing is guaranteed.

On 2017-8-27 at 11:05 PM, Arthur97 said:

You two might be, but no matter who wins, there will be chaos. If a 3DS wins, it will be relentless whining. If a non-3DS wins, then some people will never let us live it down.

This sounds like you're saying the only ones whining either way will be fans of the older games. I've seen plenty of whining and sore losing from all sorts of people in this fanbase. Maybe instead of talking about how inevitable arguments are we should be glad this bracket represents several games from several points in the series.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, a bit too confident especially when factoring in the damned stacked multiplier. As long as that thing sticks around, practically nothing is guaranteed.

Add in the fact that Lyn isn't untouchable, and this could go either way. Though, we'll probably have our answer after an hour or two. I want to see Chrom break through Hector as well, but I honestly think that's less likely. Actually, I'm kinda rooting for upsets across the board. I loathe Tharja, and I feel kind of bad for Roy.

Also, why are people quoting a two day old post?

Edited by Arthur97

I know I said in earlier posts I would join Team Ike, but now I'm thinking of joining Team Hector. The dude's a great character and he's carried me so far in the game. Next, I've had him longer than Ike so I feel joining Hector's team seems right to me. 

I know he won't make it far, but I'll join Ike when he loses. It is either him or Lucina's team... that is if she can beat Lyn.  

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

This site isn't the best indicator anyways. 

To that end, I really think people are overestimating Ike's chances here. Yes, if you add both Ikes votes he is the bigger number, but a large number of those people probably voted for both. Therefore, I think the deciding match will be Lyn vs. Lucina. The winner will probably be decided there.

But of course. We are but one site in the community as a whole

... And what's your point here? Yeah, Ike's votes were split between his two selves, but if thats the case then it would stand to reason that those who voted for either, or even both would support Ike anyway, out of virtue for the fact that PoR Ike is the only one available. You must really not want him to win.

2 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, generally, it actually has. Priscilla was the exception.

Don't forget Ephraim. Never forget Ephraim. That duel between him and Chrom brought the community together--even if short-lived--

1 hour ago, Book Bro said:

This sounds like you're saying the only ones whining either way will be fans of the older games. I've seen plenty of whining and sore losing from all sorts of people in this fanbase. Maybe instead of talking about how inevitable arguments are we should be glad this bracket represents several games from several points in the series.

This gauntlet is basically Veteran FE vs Modern FE when put into context. Though to add on to this with an alternative, maybe we can all just be good sports about this one, considering this may be the first time that there isn't a guaranteed winner, regardless of who actually wins.

Let's try to actually keep nice things, y'all

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

You must really not want him to win.

I really don’t want him to win because I don’t like him at all. Same for Ephraim, coincidentally.

It doesn’t mean I won’t accept if he does win.

6 minutes ago, Motendra said:

... And what's your point here? Yeah, Ike's votes were split between his two selves, but if thats the case then it would stand to reason that those who voted for either, or even both would support Ike anyway, out of virtue for the fact that PoR Ike is the only one available. You must really not want him to win.

Don't forget Ephraim. Never forget Ephraim. That duel between him and Chrom brought the community together--even if short-lived--

Well, yes, they probably will, but I'm saying that he probably doesn't have as many as some people think he does since most probably voted for both meaning that adding them together is not likely to be accurate meaning that his total would more than likely be lower than both Lyn and Lucina if we're counting people and people are what count in the gauntlet. In other words, he probably won't be the first male to win. To that end, I think his weight has been overestimated. 

Also, yes, for a brief and glorious moment, the community got along, and for that, Chrom and Ephraim deserve praise. However, Chrom was significantly weakened in that fight.

I just remembered- all who would serve the Girl From The Plains, unite into Lyndis's Legion!

May they make shepherd's pie out of Chrom. May they make Lucina's future as hopeless as the one she fled from. May they teach Camilla how to modestly bounce breasts and go without undies instead of fanservice-ly. May they make ketchup out of Tharja as Lyn did to the evil shaman Heinz. May Ike go the way of Glass- with Sain's spear up his... you know. By the Mani Katti Hector will be served up as a hot plate Marquess Manicotti. When told "Roy's our boy!" may they speak for Lyn and respond "Then let yo momma kick you in the Blade and Emblem! Oh that Emblem is gonna be on fire when I'm done with it, and that'll be one Blazing Blade!".

I may favor Hector, but I'm a bipartisan rallybot.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I really don’t want him to win because I don’t like him at all. Same for Ephraim, coincidentally.

Likewise, I won't be pleased at all if Lyn ends up winning and will likely be salty as hell for a little while after the fact. That doesn't mean I won't accept the fact she won, it just means I won't be happy about it.

6 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Also, yes, for a brief and glorious moment, the community got along, and for that, Chrom and Ephraim deserve praise. However, Chrom was significantly weakened in that fight.

Ephraim had someone leeching support away from him too though. Sure, Eirika isn't on the same level as Lucina but is still for reasons unknown to me a pretty popular character in her own right. 

2 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Likewise, I won't be pleased at all if Lyn ends up winning and will likely be salty as hell for a little while after the fact. That doesn't mean I won't accept the fact she won, it just means I won't be happy about it.

Ephraim had someone leeching support away from him too though. Sure, Eirika isn't on the same level as Lucina but is still for reasons unknown to me a pretty popular character in her own right. 

I will...try to contain it.

As for that, yeah, I guess Eirika would leach some support. Though I still think Chrom could stand a decent chance of winning if Lucina wasn't there taking his support...like me. Granted, he couldn't beat a juggernaut, but he is competent in his own right. You'll get your chance, Chrom...some day (October 21st).

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

As for that, yeah, I guess Eirika would leach some support. Though I still think Chrom could stand a decent chance of winning if Lucina wasn't there taking his support...like me. Granted, he couldn't beat a juggernaut, but he is competent in his own right. You'll get your chance, Chrom...some day (October 21st).

I never denied the fact that Lucina's presence in that gauntlet severely hurt Chrom's chances. I honestly do believe that Chrom would've beat Ephraim if Lucina were replaced by Lissa in that gauntlet.

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

I'm still pissed off that the main event is happening in the 1st bracket.

Seriously Lyn vs Lucina? They couldn't wait until the next bracket for that one? FFFFUUUUUUDDDGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

AAARRRGGGGHHHHH

I'm still pissed off that the main event is happening in the 1st bracket.

Seriously Lyn vs Lucina? They couldn't wait until the next bracket for that one? FFFFUUUUUUDDDGGGGEEEEE!!!!!!

Yeah, they should have done typical seeding rules where it's strong vs. weak to start out.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And thats fine and well. No one's trying to force you into supporting someone you don't agree with

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Well, yes, they probably will, but I'm saying that he probably doesn't have as many as some people think he does since most probably voted for both meaning that adding them together is not likely to be accurate meaning that his total would more than likely be lower than both Lyn and Lucina if we're counting people and people are what count in the gauntlet. In other words, he probably won't be the first male to win. To that end, I think his weight has been overestimated. 

When doing the math, Ike narrowly has an edge over Lyn. It sounds like you're assuming that whomever that wins Lyn/Lucy will be all hunky-dory and join up with the winner. While its true that some amount of them might, you can't just generalize them to all rally under them. For example, contrary to what I'd like to believe earlier, not everyone in Chrom went with Ephraim in the final round. It'd be unreasonable to expect all of Lucina's army to side with Lyn just because, or vice-versa. Likewise, not everyone will do the same for Ike on the other side. I'm not advocating for Ike's victory, rather for the gray area between them, which you're underestimating for some reason.

Again, more generalizing. There's no guarantee that Chrom would have done better if Lucina wasn't there, cause, in case you didnt know, not everyone who likes Lucina shares the same sentiment for Chrom. As is there Chrom to Lucina. I lean somewhat toward the latter, for instance. Regardless, its poor practice to sour such a glorious moment by being a bad sport about it via attempt at justifying a loss. He still lost, as unfortunate as it were, and given how great that round was, who won between them honestly shouldn't even matter.

4 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Yeah, they should have done typical seeding rules where it's strong vs. weak to start out.

And get a repeat of every other gauntlet? I'd rather not 

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Seriously, do u have any idea how straight forward the next bracket is?

No way Roy (sorry my boy :(:) is going to beat Ike.

Hector is probably going to beat Chrom (still got your back bro)

With the female bracket being the most intense one in the 1st round.

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I'm under the impression that they seeded it like they did just to avoid the Lucina/Tharja match-up that would've happened if they did seed it like that. IS also had no problem pitting Elise against Sakura who should've been Elise's opponent in the finals instead of Priscilla immediately back in the healer gauntlet.

9 minutes ago, Motendra said:

It sounds like you're assuming that whomever that wins Lyn/Lucy will be all hunky-dory and join up with the winner. While its true that some amount of them might, you can't just generalize them to all rally under them. For example, contrary to what I'd like to believe earlier, not everyone in Chrom went with Ephraim in the final round.

Case in point, me. The entire reason I went with Chrom in Round 2 was to avenge Leo's defeat. Since that didn't end up working out, I went on to Lucina who did deliver the justice I was looking for. Also, I would absolutely not join Lyn if I was on Team Lucina and lost for the record.

29 minutes ago, Motendra said:

When doing the math, Ike narrowly has an edge over Lyn. It sounds like you're assuming that whomever that wins Lyn/Lucy will be all hunky-dory and join up with the winner. While its true that some amount of them might, you can't just generalize them to all rally under them. For example, contrary to what I'd like to believe earlier, not everyone in Chrom went with Ephraim in the final round. It'd be unreasonable to expect all of Lucina's army to side with Lyn just because, or vice-versa. Likewise, not everyone will do the same for Ike on the other side. I'm not advocating for Ike's victory, rather for the gray area between them, which you're underestimating for some reason.

Again, more generalizing. There's no guarantee that Chrom would have done better if Lucina wasn't there, cause, in case you didnt know, not everyone who likes Lucina shares the same sentiment for Chrom. As is there Chrom to Lucina. I lean somewhat toward the latter, for instance. Regardless, its poor practice to sour such a glorious moment by being a bad sport about it via attempt at justifying a loss. He still lost, as unfortunate as it were, and given how great that round was, who won between them honestly shouldn't even matter.

And get a repeat of every other gauntlet? I'd rather not 

I'm talking in a vacuum, not counting defeated teams. Odds are the distribution of them will be relatively even anyways. Given that, Ike would probably need to gain more support from defeated teams than his opponent to win.

Also, some tournaments seed so that the matches (in theory) get more exciting with each round. If the most exciting round is over at the start, then who wants to stick around for the rest? As the first one proved, the final round is not always the most interesting. Plus, that way the four top candidates at least have a chance to survive to round two instead of cutting down half of them in the first round which is admittedly pretty unappealing. 

People need to remember that in the CYL poll, you could vote for the same character multiple times. I'm pretty sure a lot of people voted for just Ike why would you do that? So there is a chance that Ike could still lose. Probably not though.

Likewise, the same could go for Lyn.

Wouldn't it be great if Roy won the whole thing considering he gets shit on all the time by the fanbase? It would be a beautiful day if he did. But I know that won't happen, because, well...Ike. ffs.

16 minutes ago, Lautsuu said:

People need to remember that in the CYL poll, you could vote for the same character multiple times. I'm pretty sure a lot of people voted for just Ike why would you do that? So there is a chance that Ike could still lose. Probably not though.

Likewise, the same could go for Lyn.

Wouldn't it be great if Roy won the whole thing considering he gets shit on all the time by the fanbase? It would be a beautiful day if he did. But I know that won't happen, because, well...Ike. ffs.

Likewise same could go with Lucina, Chrom, Roy, Cammila or Tharja. When everyone has same unfair advantage, it's became fair game.