Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

eCck44k.png

Top four men and women of the Choose Your Legends event cross their (metaphorical) blades in the upcoming voting gauntlet, starting on August 31st.

Male side: Ike, Roy, Hector, Chrom;
Female side: Lyn, Lucina, Tharja, Camilla

Whom are you going to support? I’m going Team Lyn, no doubts.

Don't want to be the grammar police, but "whom" is actually incorrect here.  If it is the subject, the correct form is "who".  "Whom" is if it's an object.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Rezzy said:

Don't want to be the grammar police, but "whom" is actually incorrect here.  If it is the subject, the correct form is "who".  "Whom" is if it's an object.

You (subject) are going to support whom (object), no?

Gosh I'm finding it hard to root for a character this time. Also feathers....ranking is gong to be tricky.

Guess I'll support with the units I have.

My main has Hector, Ike, Tharja and Lyn. Oh and 4 star Roy.

For my main, I might go Hector first. Then Ike when he loses. Or Lyn...

My second account has Lucina, Chrom, Camilla and 4 star Roy.

I might go Chrom then Lucina.

Or cheese both and use my untrained 4 star Roy? 

Also I shall grab popcorn whenever it's time for Camilla vs Tharja

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Wait, what?

Her normal attack sprite as a Blade Lord with the Sol Katti has jiggle physics...

...and that was added in the localization.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn was the first lord in the first Fire Emblem that made it to the West. This must count for something.

Honestly, it only really counts for those who's first FE was 7. Since 7 wasn't my first FE, I have absolutely no nostalgic attachment to Lyn so all I see when I look at her is a horribly bland and uninteresting lord who makes no meaningful contributions to the game's main plot. I would have a hard time believing that she would still be just as popular as she is if she didn't have the title of "first playable FE Lord in the West."

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Who is the subject, you is the object.

"To whom are you giving your support?" would be a way to use whom properly, but it is unwieldy to a native English speaker.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Who is the subject, you is the object.

"To whom are you giving your support?" would be a way to use whom properly, but it is unwieldy to a native English speaker.

Either English is stupid, or I misunderstand what subject and object mean. Or both.

Picked Lyn but hard to say... Ike or Lyn... but keeping in mind the two coming to blows... that's really really tough.

I actually have Ike, but Lyn I like more as a character and she was my literal introduction to Fire Emblem. This... is going to be a tough choice.

2 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

@Rezzy

First the -Atk curse, then grammer policing?

What more suffering do you have for us!?!

I'm a doctor, this won't hurt a bit.

4 minutes ago, Truthblade said:

First the -Atk curse, then grammer policing?

The irony.

Just now, eclipse said:

My wallet disagrees.

Which is why I'm F2P in this game. :P:

It’s mostly because you aren’t a doctor. (Neither am I, I’m a teacher)

Edited by Vaximillian

27 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Vaximillian is correct. In standard (declarative) sentence order, it is "You are going to support whom". "You" are supporting "whom"; "whom" is not supporting "you". Therefore, "you" is the subject and "whom" is the direct object.

When the order is changed for an interrogative sentence, only the order changes, not the role; therefore "Whom are you going to support?"

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

GO GO TEAM IKE! WE LIKE IKE!

If he were to lose though, there's no one else here I'd want to support. I totally hope he makes it to finals. xP

I support Ike in spirit, but odds are I won't actually join him. I want to be on Lyn's team for the finale, and joining Ike probably means that's impossible.

50 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Lyn is already winning!

The winner of the gauntlet will be a female unit. Either Lyn, Lucina or Camilla. Any female will destroy Ike.

Uh, don't take this poll too seriously. If this site was accurate the gauntlet winners would have been Ephraim, Minerva, Julia, and...I honestly don't know for the summer one.

46 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Technically, Smash. Also, as far as we can tell, she doesn't normally wear pants, and that can be a draw for some people. Then there's her regular and Sol Katti Crit animations, said blade's interesting design, the fact that she's a good card in Cipher, the fact that she was originally going to be able to use Durandal in Blazing Sword, the fact that she's pretty much supposed to be the ultimate Myrmidon, her mysterious disappearance between Blazing Sword and Binding Blade, etc.

Don't get me wrong, she's not my fav either, but the whims of a fandom are fickle things indeed.

Well, some of that would be practically unknown to most fans. Cipher is Japan only, the Durandal thing is a did you know? thing. And, yes, a large portion of it probably is sex appeal.

39 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Lyn was the first lord in the first Fire Emblem that made it to the West. This must count for something.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Boobs. That canonically bounce.

Also as mentioned above, she's the first main character in the first Fire Emblem game released in the West. There's a lot of nostalgia for the old-timers there.

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Honestly, it only really counts for those who's first FE was 7. Since 7 wasn't my first FE, I have absolutely no nostalgic attachment to Lyn so all I see when I look at her is a horribly bland and uninteresting lord who makes no meaningful contributions to the game's main plot. I would have a hard time believing that she would still be just as popular as she is if she didn't have the title of "first playable FE Lord in the West."

See Tybrosion. 7 didn't reach that many people. Besides, for a lot of people, Chrom was their first lord and yet he didn't win. Granted he lacks boobs. 

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

GO GO TEAM IKE! WE LIKE IKE!

If he were to lose though, there's no one else here I'd want to support. I totally hope he makes it to finals. xP

Not even Lucina?  Looks like we have similar ones!

Just now, eclipse said:

I don't like her though. Just because I pulled one with the best IVs doesn't mean I suddenly like her. :P

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I don't like her though. Just because I pulled one with the best IVs doesn't mean I suddenly like her. :P

Think of it as a ticket to more feathers, so that you can give Freddy his Brave Axe! :P:

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Uh, don't take this poll too seriously. If this site was accurate the gauntlet winners would have been Ephraim, Minerva, Julia, and...I honestly don't know for the summer one.

See Tybrosion. 7 didn't reach that many people. Besides, for a lot of people, Chrom was their first lord and yet he didn't win. Granted he lacks boobs. 

Corrin.

7 reached enough people to help Lyn win the CYL poll, so that’s that.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

I haven’t got Lucina either. Still kind of salty about that. Huh, definitely going to try for either of the sword ladies in the banner… if I have orbs for that.

Just now, eclipse said:

Think of it as a ticket to more feathers, so that you can give Freddy his Brave Axe! :P:

If I pulled someone with a Brave Axe+ to give him. :P I'm sad I can't give him his birthday present just yet! (his birthday was two days ago now) And the longer it takes, the less of a birthday present it becomes...