Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Medeus said:

To be fair, that does also apply to Lyn as she's supposed to be a native of Sacae and of the female myrmidons that hail from that region they tend to dress similarly such as with Karla. It doesn't change the fact that it still has that appeal, but it does have a place in the character's origins like with Hawkeye rather then being exclusively a product of fanservice like with Camilla.

I'd also point out that Lyn's outfit is at least somewhat functional, in that the slit helps grant greater freedom of motion to the legs (though the dress being quite that long seems like it may pose a slight tripping hazard).

Camilla's "armor" is actually anti-functional.  Armor is supposed to protect you.  If what it's accomplishing is instead funneling any spears/swords/arrows/etc. directly to your heart, which is left completely unprotected, then you're doing it wrong.

9 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

They are supposed to be resource poor or something. I think that is actually stated in Birthright but i can't really remember it would be stupid to have such a major motivation off handily mention once so I may have just head cannoned it but i wouldn't put it past the writing team 

That was mentioned in Birthright. Same chapter you encounter and recruit Shura, as I recall. But never in the other versions.

I'm watching Ghast's latest support science, and it's really helping me mellow out and detox from this round. This is a great series of games. It probably will continue to be for the foreseeable future. 

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I mean, Little Mac was from a classic NES game and fairly widely known among classic gamers, not that I think he was so widely loved beforehand. To say that she won only because she's the first western lord, seems a bit far fetched, and boobs make you popular. Ask Camilla. It may not be the only or even the main reason, but it is probably a hefty contributor. 

Action women just tends to be appealing in general. You're also ignoring that she's a myrmidon class which happens to be an incredible popular class.

2 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Well I'm pretty biased on this outfit of hers:

Reveal hidden contents

bRmRaBo.png
Source: Page from the Fire Emblem if: Crown of the Nibelung Manga - Chapter 8

There are quite a number who do think so as far as my observations have gone - they literally can't fathom that anyone has another reason to like her.

I think it's just plain stupid that people are incapable to overlook that Camilla is more than just boobs in general.

I'll be honest, I find it extremely ironic Camilla won. And quite hilarious. I feel bad for those who just wanted a fun ,arch and got screwed through multipliers though, I know that would piss me off a bit. 

But I find it ironic due to the situation of it. Multipliers came to be because of the first gauntlet, that Camilla won, and people complaining that it was just a straight up popularity contest with nothing interesting. Ok, reasonable. So we get multipliers to make things more interesting, turning what was a popularity contest into more of a battle. Then in return, when a character obviously more popular loses to one less popular due to said multipliers, people (not dogging anyone in particular here) lose their mind about how the obviously more popular character lost. Well, we kind of deserved that to be honest. Not saying there was anything wrong with the original complaint from the first gauntlet, but this was the result of what we asked for. Just kind of ironic to me.

As far as Camilla winning goes, hopefully this means an easier win for Ike, as long as we don't pull a lyn here and cause a multiplier last second. Character wise I am indifferent, I never really cared about either of them. I find both to be popular off of waifu factor more than anything, excluding those that find either character actually interesting further than tits, ass, and legs. Though I will say the Fates manga focused on Leo has made Camilla a bit interesting. I wish that was the version we got, less creepy overbearing, slightly incestuous, and more the motherly type older sister that tries to watch over the younger siblings. Which is what Camilla was supposed to be before fanservice and avatar pandering occurred. That and it also confirms the whole concubine wars stuff as a canon event. I don't know enough about Lyn to really care either way. 

Edited by Tolvir

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

On a side note, to those on team Lyn, are you still stuck on the "still calculating" page? It's probably due to my Internet but it's working properly.

Mine still says "calculating".

9 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

They are supposed to be resource poor or something. I think that is actually stated in Birthright but i can't really remember it would be stupid to have such a major motivation off handily mention once so I may have just head cannoned it but i wouldn't put it past the writing team 

So Garon goes to war to get his people clothing? I guess all the Knights and Generals in Nohr are secretly naked beneath the iron shell to save precious fabric (the underwear you see in gameplay is pure censorship). 

2 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I think it's just plain stupid that people are incapable to overlook that Camilla is more than just boobs in general.

It is a big part of her character. And should we not be critical of those who we believe fail to justify their being sexualized?

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Join Camilla! Your Julia was godsend this round.

I'd probably be running a blue on that team, if Julia was who you were specifically hoping for; I try to run a unit that the team I'm on has triangle advantage over, so as to cover the triangle disadvantage for people actually using the unit whose team they're representing.

Good point though, it barely crossed my mind that I should consider breaking ties (edit: when I can't decide which team to join) with where people on my FL are going...

Edited by LordFrigid

I can see why people like Camilla outside of fanservice reasons, but I just happen to completely disagree with it. As someone who writes and makes characters, a lot of what irritates me about Fates and its characters is from a writer's perspective. Camilla could have all the potential to be a good character in the world. However, if none of it actually makes it into the final draft, then fuck the potential because it's didn't actually make it into anything canon. It also doesn't help that Camilla's character type is just a big nope for me. I actively despise people that are like her and she's not even intriguing enough as a character to make me appreciate the writing about her either. Like ... I don't like Tharja very much either, but Tharja is a much better character than Camilla in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

On a side note, to those on team Lyn, are you still stuck on the "still calculating" page? It's probably due to my Internet but it's working properly.

It's normal. Everyone will see that screen until the next round start at in 1 and half hours.

Just now, Infinite Dreams said:

Holy crap, did Camilla actually win?  Must be because of the multiplier?  I was so sure Lyn would win!

Looks like I'll be joining Team Ike, then!

(As much as I love Fates, I do not like Camilla. :unsure:)

It was indeed a multiplier upset.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

So Garon goes to war to get his people clothing? I guess all the Knights and Generals in Nohr are secretly naked beneath the iron shell to save precious fabric (the underwear you see in gameplay is pure censorship). 

Its sad these ideas are only headcannons, Fates could have been far better if there was a justification for the Garon Crusades but instead we got Gooron

28 minutes ago, Kaden said:

At least she's not Hinoka. I heard she's pretty much irrelevant to the story in Fates. It's a shame since I like her design.

Irrelevancy to Fates' story helps make Hinoka the best royal. She knows better.

6 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

It is a big part of her character. And should we not be critical of those who we believe fail to justify their being sexualized?

I won't pretend that sexual fanservice isn't annoying, but my reason is more than likely isn't the same as yours. That being said repetition does get irritating but I'm not here to tell you what you should & shouldn't enjoy.

That being said it's annoying how everyone is jthis thread is just here bashing Camilla now, starting think @Sunwoo was way too right about Gauntlet in general.

Edited by Zangetsu

20 minutes ago, Together We Ride said:

Curse the bounce.

Hey, it's a good distraction. Robin said it was and she's a tactician. She know her stuff. :p

17 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

That said Benny is the best thing ever.

To quote Terra Branford, he's like a big teddy bear.

From the supports I've watched, Arthur, Benny, Felicia, Charlotte, Kagero, Oboro, Orochi, and Setsuna are my favorites. Also, Selena, but that's a given since I like Severa. Of those characters, Arthur and Benny would be at the top of the list. I really like Arthur's unwavering sense of justice and he's a pretty awesome dad and Benny is just a really nice guy.

Saizo at times is pretty cool too, especially with Mozu. Same with Beruka where her interactions with people remind of me soldiers, child soldiers in particular, and how it's difficult for them to reintegrate into society. I hate Azama and it's probably because he reminds me of me. Dude is such a dick.

Didn't get much into Corrin's supports with anyone or the royals and the kids' supports and watching fan-made supports for Flora makes me feel like she and the other characters without many supports should have had more. At least have Flora and Gunter be able to support each other. Anyway, I digress.

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Hawkeye could be considered fanservice sure, but he is a grown man with a daughter and dead wife, he certainly wasn't intended to be fanservice at all. His design is a manly Igrene first and foremost. And none of his supports features romance or sexiness at all, nor does his language or behaviors. Camilla on the other hand was clearly intended to be fanservice.

This said, I'm not denunciative of Hyrule Warriors's Cia (or Bayonetta just to bring her up).

What I mean is that fanservice can exist wherever. How it's handled is the issue. I don't have to say anything about Hawkeye that you didn't already. He looks like a beefcake, but is a pretty normal guy minus the whole desert guardian thing.

Lyn is pretty and with those legs exposed... But there's never anything focused on that. This is what she looks like and that's that. Lyn is the lady from Sacae wearing Sacaen clothing and is a swordswoman.

Camilla? She's a Malig Knight wearing a ridiculous outfit that I don't find sexy at all, but utterly stupid. What even is that sash thing!? Okay, so we have the combat thing which is to be expected since it's a Fire Emblem game. Personality? From what I know, a creepy older sister with more than familial love going on. Oh, and she might have a thing for Beruka and Selena. Not that I'm complaining.

You brought up Bayonetta. If the point of the character is to be as lewd as possible in an over-the-top game where it's all about beating the shit out of everything, I would not give a damn what kind of character you are. I might not like it, but whatever since if the combat is good, then who freaking cares. If the character is in a more story-focused or at least more serious title, then what are you doing? Is she supposed to be a parody or a honey trap? Hmm... Nope, Camilla doesn't seem to be any of those things and it just doesn't work well and it's a waste.

Just now, UNLEASH IT said:

With the way people are discussing Camilla's character right now, it'd almost fool you into believing that she actually won the gauntlet by being more popular than Lyn and not because of the last minute multiplier

Who's saying that? We all know that Camilla won because of the multiplier & an incredibly faulty/flaw system.

7 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Crown of Nibelung, the manga focused on Leo's perspective in I think Revelation, has been doing pretty good at clearing up some of the issues with Fates world building at least. Nohr's lands don't get the proper amount of light and aren't exactly fertile enough to properly provide food for a lot of people, so war is their only way of really surviving. It sounds almost like a survival of the fittest type situation, almost like Rigel v2. It doesn't really explain the whole hoshido vs nohr situation, but it is only 7 chapters in so far. 

I doubt the issue will get fully fixed there, but it at least can be used to justify the war for at least Nohr, not just Garon and his personal vendettas.

Edited by Tolvir

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

That being said it's annoying how everyone is jthis thread is just here bashing Camilla now, starting think @Sunwoo was way too right about Gauntlet in general.

You're gonna have to be more specific.

7 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I'd probably be running a blue on that team, if Julia was who you were specifically hoping for; I try to run a unit that the team I'm on has triangle advantage over, so as to cover the triangle disadvantage for people actually using the unit whose team they're representing.

A not-insignificant part is played by my selfish desire to get competent ally units instead of whatever usually happens. Your Julia, @phineas81707’s Florina, @Ice Dragon’s Peri, and Chimezie’s CYL Lyn were my most common friend units, and I appreciated it very much.