Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Choose Your Legends!  

295 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

4 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I won't pretend that sexual fanservice isn't annoying, but my reason is more than likely isn't the same as yours. That being said repetition does get irritating but I'm not here to tell you what you should & shouldn't enjoy.

Same here. But alas, here we are in a literal contest of opinions, one must win, and another must lose. This sad truth is what fuels this lashing of the tongues. The sooner this Gauntlet ends, the better for us all.

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Zangetsu said:

About just missing out on the Gauntlet in general due to how salty people can be.

Oh yeah, that.

It's understandable than people are annoyed, but then there's taking it too far.

1 minute ago, UNLEASH IT said:

With the way people are discussing Camilla's character right now, it'd almost fool you into believing that she actually won the gauntlet by being more popular than Lyn and not because of the last minute multiplier

If it's already like this, I can only imagine the salt mine if she actually beats Ike. 

And I do think it's pretty funny that Camilla's stomp out of the flier gauntlet was basically the reason for the multiplier to be introduced, because people complained about her. And here she is as the first to take a major victory thanks to it. People that complained really just got bit in the ass by the multiplier more than anything. (as outside of a few early matches last gauntlet with Gaius it's done basically nothing anyway)

7 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I'll be honest, I find it extremely ironic Camilla won. And quite hilarious. I feel bad for those who just wanted a fun ,arch and got screwed through multipliers though, I know that would piss me off a bit. 

But I find it ironic due to the situation of it. Multipliers came to be because of the first gauntlet, that Camilla won, and people complaining that it was just a straight up popularity contest with nothing interesting. Ok, reasonable. So we get multipliers to make things more interesting, turning what was a popularity contest into more of a battle. Then in return, when a character obviously more popular loses to one less popular due to said multipliers, people (not dogging anyone in particular here) lose their mind about how the obviously more popular character lost. Well, we kind of deserved that to be honest. Not saying there was anything wrong with the original complaint from the first gauntlet, but this was the result of what we asked for. Just kind of ironic to me.

As far as Camilla winning goes, hopefully this means an easier win for Ike, as long as we don't pull a lyn here and cause a multiplier last second. Character wise I am indifferent, I never really cared about either of them. I find both to be popular off of waifu factor more than anything, excluding those that find either character actually interesting further than tits, ass, and legs. Though I will say the Fates manga focused on Leo has made Camilla a bit interesting. I wish that was the version we got, less creepy overbearing, slightly incestuous, and more the motherly type older sister that tries to watch over the younger siblings. Which is what Camilla was supposed to be before fanservice and avatar pandering occurred. That and it also confirms the whole concubine wars stuff as a canon event. I don't know enough about Lyn to really care either way.

I am pretty sure nobody asked for a multiplier. Players want the Voting Gauntlet to be interesting. If they only made the multiplier apply to just the player ranking without affecting the outcome of the popularity contest, there will be very little complaining. Fans on the losing team will still be motivated to play for Feathers, and fans on the winning team get to feel good about having their character win. The winning team also get some Hero Feathers to partially offset the lower ranking, so players can still go for their favorite character without feeling like that they missed out too much.

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I won't pretend that sexual fanservice isn't annoying, but my reason is more than likely isn't the same as yours. That being said repetition does get irritating but I'm not here to tell you what you should & shouldn't enjoy.

That being said it's annoying how everyone is jthis thread is just here bashing Camilla now, starting think @Sunwoo was way too right about Gauntlet in general.

In fairness, I've been bashing Camilla since long before Heroes even released; the Gauntlet just provides another convenient excuse.

3 minutes ago, UNLEASH IT said:

With the way people are discussing Camilla's character right now, it'd almost fool you into believing that she actually won the gauntlet by being more popular than Lyn and not because of the last minute multiplier

Oh far from it. She cheezed her way to the final by exploiting a horribly flawed system. Some people just genuinely like her character, it gets annoying at some point when your opinion is tossed away for being "horny". I'm female and I like her for odd reasons.

@Tactician_Iris, oh, that looks cool. And now I want a ballroom banner... Be hilarious if that's how we get another Reinhardt. Red mage Reinhardt to cover blue, normal Reinhardt. Magic is everything and so is ballroom dance!

12 minutes ago, a bear said:

Irrelevancy to Fates' story helps make Hinoka the best royal. She knows better.

So, Hinoka's the brightest of the bunch and probably the most sane. Why deal with all the craziness of a story when you can just fight and be a good unit. Stay out of trouble, kick ass, and pretend to be a helicopter. :P

Edited by Kaden

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am pretty sure nobody asked for a multiplier. Players want the Voting Gauntlet to be interesting. If they only made the multiplier apply to just the player ranking without affecting the outcome of the popularity contest, there will be very little complaining. Fans on the losing team will still be motivated to play for Feathers, and fans on the winning team get to feel good about having their character win. The winning team also get some Hero Feathers to partially offset the lower ranking, so players can still go for their favorite character without feeling like that they missed out too much.

I dont think people did either, I just found it kind of humurous though.

Spoiler

Lyn: I'm sorry...it wasn't supposed to be this way. It was supposed to be you and me, Ike. A fierce battle with a worthy opponent. But I...I messed up.

Ike: It's not your fault, Lyn. Don't you worry, I'll make things right. We're friends, remember? And I fight for my friends. But she...

*Camilla appears*

Ike: ...is not my friend.

While I would have been a little disappointed, I would have been fine with Ike beating Lyn. I would be able to hold my chin up and say, "Good game, Ike. No hard feelings."

But this...this shit makes me livid. I never hated Camilla, but I was never a fan of her either because she's just walking sex appeal. Even Tharja, as understandably repulsive as she is to some, has character.

Beat her ass, Ike. Beat her into the ground.

15 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

Crown of Nibelung, the manga focused on Leo's perspective in I think Revelation, has been doing pretty good at clearing up some of the issues with Fates world building at least. Nohr's lands don't get the proper amount of light and aren't exactly fertile enough to properly provide food for a lot of people, so war is their only way of really surviving. It sounds almost like a survival of the fittest type situation, almost like Rigel v2. It doesn't really explain the whole hoshido vs nohr situation, but it is only 7 chapters in so far. 

I doubt the issue will get fully fixed there, but it at least can be used to justify the war for at least Nohr, not just Garon and his personal vendettas.

It's definitely an interesting read and I'm genuinely curious as to where they'll go with the story - what will be changed and what will be expanded.
Rn if my skimming of Chapter 8 is correct then we're getting a sweet moment where Camilla is reminiscing about Azura (the doll she's holding in the picture that I posted is an Azura doll). We also get an angry Garon, and worried Nohr sibs.

Edit:
I just wanted to check, does anyone here go by the name "Philip" in FEH with a Brave!Lyn as their lead?
They've been added, but I just want to make sure I mentally note it's someone from SF so I don't accidentally delete them at a later date.
Gah that 50 limit is vexing

Edited by Tactician_Iris

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Same here. But alas, here we are in a literal contest of opinions, one must win, and another must lose. This sad truth is what fuels this lashing of the tongues. The sooner this Gauntlet ends, the better for us all.

Yet somehow & some way we can be civilize about it. I don't why but Serene Forest somehow always enable this to possible. It's amazing, really. & You're right, I just want the 44 hours just go by already.

15 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Oh yeah, that.

It's understandable than people are annoyed, but then there's taking it too far.

I was on team Lyn so if anything I got every right to upset. That being said I'm not going to overreact. Hell, I got annoyed with your earlier statement about Camilla but I'm not going to bash you for it. It still your opinion

14 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

In fairness, I've been bashing Camilla since long before Heroes even released; the Gauntlet just provides another convenient excuse.

There are better things to do then just lashing out on a fictional character. Try to enjoy other things in life.

13 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Oh far from it. She cheezed her way to the final by exploiting a horribly flawed system. Some people just genuinely like her character, it gets annoying at some point when your opinion is tossed away for being "horny". I'm female and I like her for odd reasons.

Hey, I'm 1 of those people who actually likes her & then some. Do I get some free cheese cube for it?

14 minutes ago, XRay said:

All I'm asking the at end of the day is to have a match like Chrom VS Emphraim 1 LAST TIME!!!!! I know this is possible because Beruka & Tsubaki had one.

This, this Gauntlet was supposed to have that match up or at the very very very least finally deciding on who's really the most popular character in a match BUT THEY COULDN'T EVEN DO THAT RIGHT!!!!!! & According to @Ice Dragon THIS WILL NEVER OCCUR AGAIN!!!

God, typing in bolded cap-locks, what am I, 12?

Edited by Zangetsu

5 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

It's definitely an interesting read and I'm genuinely curious as to where they'll go with the story - what will be changed and what will be expanded.
Rn if my skimming of Chapter 8 is correct then we're getting a sweet moment where Camilla is reminiscing about Azura (the doll she's holding in the picture that I posted is an Azura doll). We also get an angry Garon, and worried Nohr sibs.

Things like this reminds me of why I'm so disappointed with Fates story. It has so much potential to be good, but it's totally squandered. I'll try looking into this manga since it be nice to see that potential actually put to good use.

I may as well ask if anyone on team best waifu (just to be clear I am talking about team Ike) wants to add me my ID is 2224535822 I am currently using a TA,QR robin as my lead but I can change that. Username is Lord Berkut 

Edited by Mackc2

8 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I was on team Lyn so if anything I got every right to upset. That being said I'm not going to overreact. Hell, I got annoyed with your earlier statement about Camilla but I'm not going to bash you for it. It still your opinion

And you think I liked seeing all the various posts bashing Ike and Roy in this thread? No, I didn't, but I also don't get annoyed about it because people have a right to dislike a character that I like. And I have a right to dislike characters that other people like as long as I'm not being obnoxious about it. I don't like Camilla, and I have my own justifications. Some of it you may not agree with, that's fine, but I'm me and I have things that make me tick and Camilla just happens to hit a lot of them.

So just what is your point in telling me that my statement about Camilla annoyed you? Do you want me to feel bad? Or apologize for disliking her for my own reasons? I haven't even referred to her by anything derogatory at all. I really don't know what your point in bringing up your annoyance at my post on why I don't like Camilla is, but I'm actually kind of ticked off now.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

There are better things to do then just lashing out on a fictional character. Try to enjoy other things in life.

Well, I'm trying to enjoy poking fun at a fictional character, but some people are being awfully uptight about it...

Spoiler

(On a battlefield, surrounded by tattered blue banners...)

HECTOR (kneeling, leaning on his axe): No more. You have bested me.

IKE: You were a worthy opponent, General of Ostia. But this... This isn't over.

(Ike offers his hand to his fallen foe, who takes it.)

HECTOR (as he is pulled to his feet): I know. For Lyndis, my friend...

(He looks IKE in the eyes)

...put her in the ground.

I never join the team that beats mine, but I'm doing so now. It's what Hector would have wanted. Time to end the run of female winners, Ike.

Camilla? No more.

5 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

And you think I liked seeing all the various posts bashing Ike and Roy in this thread? No, I didn't, but I also don't get annoyed about it because people have a right to dislike a character that I like. And I have a right to dislike characters that other people like as long as I'm not being obnoxious about it. I don't like Camilla, and I have my own justifications. Some of it you may not agree with, that's fine, but I'm me and I have things that make me tick and Camilla just happens to hit a lot of them.

So just what is your point in telling me that my statement about Camilla annoyed you? Do you want me to feel bad? Or apologize for disliking her for my own reasons? I haven't even referred to her by anything derogatory at all. I really don't know what your point in bringing up your annoyance at my post on why I don't like Camilla is, but I'm actually kind of ticked off now.

You're misinterpreting what I said, I just said it annoyed, but you have the right to be upset about & that's it. There's no hidden meaning in my post for that matter.

5 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

Well, I'm trying to enjoy poking fun at a fictional character, but some people are being awfully uptight about it...

Maybe has to do with how poke fun about the characters to begin with.

Edited by Zangetsu

3 minutes ago, JJ48 said:

I think at this point poking fun at any character is just going to set people off no matter how you intend it to come off. 

19 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Edit:
I just wanted to check, does anyone here go by the name "Philip" in FEH with a Brave!Lyn as their lead?
They've been added, but I just want to make sure I mentally note it's someone from SF so I don't accidentally delete them at a later date.
Gah that 50 limit is vexing

It is, and I think it has the opportunity to really make some characters more interesting. It already has with Kamui/Corrin so far. Taking away the avatar pandering has allowed the character to kind of actually become something other than the Fates avatar, which is nice.

Just now, DarkLordIvy said:

I think at this point poking fun at any character is just going to set people off no matter how you intend it to come off. 

That's why the Internet is so lovely, if you don't make your statement clear as day someone will misinterpret it /sarcasm. Granted you can make fun of a character but not the fans for liking said character. That's low.

All right. Decided to side with my beau on this one. Might as well put my +ATK -HP Ike to good use. Though @Rezzy's comment gave me the drive to support Tellius with some humor at least. XD I'll be repping my favorite Tellius lord bitterness and all. lol

As usual, anyone can add me. I'll be using my Amelia. I even took off Armor March so her C-Skill isn't completely useless. 

1 minute ago, ChickenBits said:

That's why the Internet is so lovely, if you don't make your statement clear as day someone will misinterpret it /sarcasm. Granted you can make fun of a character but not the fans for liking said character. That's low.

Exactly.  Take what people say with a grain of salt, but don't get salty.

15 minutes ago, Seafarer said:
  Reveal hidden contents

(On a battlefield, surrounded by tattered blue banners...)

HECTOR (kneeling, leaning on his axe): No more. You have bested me.

IKE: You were a worthy opponent, General of Ostia. But this... This isn't over.

(Ike offers his hand to his fallen foe, who takes it.)

HECTOR (as he is pulled to his feet): I know. For Lyndis, my friend...

(He looks IKE in the eyes)

...put her in the ground.

I never join the team that beats mine, but I'm doing so now. It's what Hector would have wanted. Time to end the run of female winners, Ike.

Camilla? No more.

30 minutes ago, Florete said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Lyn: I'm sorry...it wasn't supposed to be this way. It was supposed to be you and me, Ike. A fierce battle with a worthy opponent. But I...I messed up.

Ike: It's not your fault, Lyn. Don't you worry, I'll make things right. We're friends, remember? And I fight for my friends. But she...

*Camilla appears*

Ike: ...is not my friend.

While I would have been a little disappointed, I would have been fine with Ike beating Lyn. I would be able to hold my chin up and say, "Good game, Ike. No hard feelings."

But this...this shit makes me livid. I never hated Camilla, but I was never a fan of her either because she's just walking sex appeal. Even Tharja, as understandably repulsive as she is to some, has character.

Beat her ass, Ike. Beat her into the ground.

I kind of feel like our little stories can go together, lol.

Just now, ChickenBits said:

It is a wonderful sunny virtual wonderland of misreading and taking things way to seriously! 

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

All right. Decided to side with my beau on this one. Might as well put my +ATK -HP Ike to good use. Though @Rezzy's comment gave me the drive to support Tellius with some humor at least. XD I'll be repping my favorite Tellius lord bitterness and all. lol

As usual, anyone can add me. I'll be using my Amelia. I even took off Armor March so her C-Skill isn't completely useless. 

Hey you might get to use my Soren again! Hopefully I'll get to try out your Amelia in between the sea of Ike's and Ryoma's.