Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

dVcNd3N.png

EN trailer
JP trailer

Four winners of the Choose Your Legends poll are added to this game with new outfits, new weapons, and new skills!
Even more, they are giving a hero of your choice out for free! Whom are you going to pick?

Lucina, Brave Princess (Lance Infantry)
I7Al8ek.png

Weapon: Geirskögul (16 Mt, 1 Rng, Def+3, Atk/Spd+3 during combat for physical allies within 2 tiles);
Special: Aether (5 CD, ignores 50% foe’s Def/Res, heals 50% of damage dealt);
A Passive: Sturdy Blow (Atk/Def+4 if initiating combat);
C Passive: Drive Spd 2 (Spd+3 during combat for allies within 2 tiles);

Roy, Brave Lion (Sword Cavalry)
grDLP4t.png

Weapon: Blazing Durandal (16 Mt, 1 Rng, Atk+3, Heavy Blade 3 effect);
Special: Galeforce (once per turn another action after initiating combat);
A Passive: Steady Blow (Spd/Def+4 if initiating combat);
B Passive: Desperation (immediate follow-up if under 75% HP);

Lyn, Brave Lady (Bow Cavalry)
52xdLt3.png

Weapon: Mulagir (14 Mt, 2 Rng, effective against flying, Spd+3, ignores buffs for magic foes);
Special: Draconic Aura (3 CD, Atk+30%);
A Passive: Swift Sparrow (Atk/Spd+4 if initiating combat);
B Passive: Sacae’s Blessing (disables counterattack for physical melee foes, not inheritable);
C Passive: Atk Smoke (Atk-7 on foes within 2 tiles after combat);

Ike, Brave Mercenary (Axe Infantry)
kCAwJGP.png

Weapon: Urvan (16 Mt, 1 Rng, CD −1, reduces taken damage from consecutive attacks by 80%);
Special: Aether (5 CD, ignores 50% foe’s Def/Res, heals 50% of damage dealt);
A Passive: Steady Breath (Def+4 and 1 special charge if attacked);
B Passive: Beorc’s Blessing (ignores buffs for flying and cavalry foes, not inheritable);
C Passive: Threaten Def (Def-5 on foes within 2 tiles).

Start summoning the Brave Heroes on August 31st!

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, I just have noticed that Ike is wearing Greil’s duds. Cool.

And Lyn still has nothing under that… steppe dress thing or whatever you call it, I’m not that good at English.
Saddles aren’t that comfortable to get by without trousers, you poor girl.

Roy getting Galeforce might mean Eliwood×Lyn.

Edited by Vaximillian

Oh ****! This is the first time I'm seeing the characters' art since I didn't watch the livestream. They got the artist for Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn. Her art is so distinctive and I just knew the moment I saw Ike. Holy crap... DUDE!

Although some people might not like that Ike and Roy are dressing up as their dads, I find it bittersweet for them. Ike lost his father at what could be considered a young age. If he's actually wearing his father's clothes, could you imagine what it would have been like for him? The smell of his father and probably having to wash the blood of Greil's clothes and taking up his father's axe. For Roy, his dad is still alive, but Eliwood's really old and Eliwood probably never intended for his son to go through the same thing he did where he had to fight a war and deal with the horrors of it. Now Eliwood can look at his son and see a reflection of himself.

They're fictional characters, but still. Even with Lucina, it's sad since she had to live through nothing, but war and fighting. The only clothes she would normally be wearing would be armor.

I'm gonna grab Lyn as my free chosen summon, 'cause I don't wanna miss out on the game's first, and thus far only, horseback bow-user.

Really, I think they're all very cool, and I'd be happy with any of them! I'm just really excited for Lyn gameplay-wise in particular.

I want all of them, but I gotta stand by my previous plans that I'd go for Lyn if she really did end up as a bow cavalry. Can't pass that up.

Ike is tempting though, and I'm prepared to sink every orb I get into him until I get him or run out of time. Hero Fest gave me plenty of practice throwing orbs at Ike, after all, but hopefully this time it'll actually work. If I get him (or get a session with no green), I'm not sure who I'd prefer out of Roy and Lucina. Lucina has a cooler outfit, but I love Roy's weapon and Galeforce, and more cavalry is always great. So probably Roy, I guess.

18 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

So, uh... Ike is basically the "screw you, Reinhardt" that we've been waiting for? And Lucina is the Spur goddess to go with Eirika's buff goddess?

Well, I'm sold.

I mean, in the Reinhardt department Anna would do the same thing---she takes almost 0 if you run TA via gem or A-slot, and DC would have her murder mages if you couldn't just park her with TA-3 & her prf to lure Rein away from the rest of the team and then murder-teleport away thanks to escape route.

Considering the fact that I still lack a good archer, and Lyn happens to be both the character I like the most on this banner and the one I need the most, my choice is pretty obvious. 

The only other unit I have any particular attachment to here is Roy but I already have a ridiculous amount of red sword units. Then again, I did need an excuse to roll reds since I'm out of fury fodder...

Just now, Kaden said:

I just realized that Lucina's shield is a giant version of her mask.

This comes straight from Awakening, yes. The whole design is Lucina’s Great Lord appearance in Awakening.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

This comes straight from Awakening, yes. The whole design is Lucina’s Great Lord appearance in Awakening.

It's been a while since I played and I think I switched out of Great Lord after getting all the skills I could, so she ended up... as... something. What is even is she anymore on my file?

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And Kozaki did an amazing a job at Lucina's art for this, too! Love the whole design- and her hair!

Sadly I'll pass on her and go for Lyn for the free summon, because my main lacks a 5 star archer, horse archer AND avoiding colourless hell. I'll be fine if she's neutral, wouldn't want to risk a -Atk/-Spd one.

After this I'll hunt for Ike, but casually getting Lucina is good, too.

In the video, Roy and Lyn have other skills equipped.

Roy has Desperation and a new, unknown skill that appears to combine the effects of Darting Blow and Armored Blow.

Lyn has Swift Sparrow, Threaten Attack, and Draconic Aura.

Also, Lucina and Ike are shown to be proccing Aether.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Sentinel07 said:

Still choosing between Ike and Lucina for my free choice.

Curiously, is that Sacae's legendary weapon Lyn is bringing in? Don't believe it's appeared in a localized game yet.

Yes, it is.  Don't know why Lyn of all people has it, though.

I think I've narrowed down which character I want for my free choice. There are a few characters that I want in green, so I don't mind going into the green pool to fish for Ike. Meanwhile, the colorless and red pools are huge and a bit less guarantee of getting the one you want from there. I'm thinking about going for Roy, since I do have motivation to look in the colorless pool more than the red one. Still need a freaking Sakura.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Yes, it is.  Don't know why Lyn of all people has it, though.

Guess they felt like it was fitting. They needed some other legendary weapon for her and given her secondary weapon is a bow and Sacae has a legendary one, it's a good fit.

Okay, I think I'm going to pick Roy for my free CYL hero. Although I have no version of Ike, there are quite a few heroes I want in the green pool so I don't mind going in there. While most people seem to hate colorless, I actually do have reasons to pull there so I don't mind fishing for Lyn either.

Roy, on the other hand, is red. And red has the largest pool of normally summonable heroes. Good luck getting anything you want from that ...

12 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

In the video, Roy and Lyn have other skills equipped.

Roy has Desperation and a new, unknown skill that appears to combine the effects of Darting Blow and Armored Blow.

Lyn has Swift Sparrow, Threaten Attack, and Draconic Aura.

Also, Lucina and Ike are shown to be proccing Aether.

I don't think Lyn actually has Threaten Atk. Looking at the video, after she attacks Hector, she debuffs a nearby Felicia, the same way Dark Breath and Clarisse's Bow work. She doesn't seem to have any other skills that could cause it, and the "Threaten Atk" skill icon looks a bit off, so I think that has to be the cause.

Interesting that she's showing up with three passives. She probably has them all naturally, so I guess that's another way the two CYL winners get special treatment. (Roy does not seem to get the same benefit.)

Edited by Othin

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Okay, I think I'm going to pick Roy for my free CYL hero. Although I have no version of Ike, there are quite a few heroes I want in the green pool so I don't mind going in there. While most people seem to hate colorless, I actually do have reasons to pull there so I don't mind fishing for Lyn either.

Roy, on the other hand, is red. And red has the largest pool of normally summonable heroes. Good luck getting anything you want from that ...

I want basically everything red (red has some damn good skill fodder on top of decent or better units) so diving into red isn't a problem for me---but I prefer not to pull on 'diluted' foci like this where it's spread throughout all colors, since the 5* chance is lower. [Edit: My box is still basically in the 'growth' stage where more good units = more teams I can field. My teams are strong enough that 'farming' isn't an issue---Arena, TT, GHB, etc. but the variety of teams is actually quite low.]

Will probs either pick Ike, and skip, or else pick one of the standouts (probably Lucina, although she'll make my blue heavy box even more so), and just snipe greens for him---since green foci are more likely.

Edited by DehNutCase

Just now, DehNutCase said:

I want basically everything red (red has some damn good skill fodder on top of decent or better units) so diving into red isn't a problem for me---but I prefer not to pull on 'diluted' foci like this where it's spread throughout all colors, since the 5* chance is lower.

Well, there are still red heroes that I want, but the red pool is really huge. If my charts are correct, then excluding seasonal/limited variants it has 11 more normally summonable characters than the next most populated color (blue), so I think it'll be harder to get anything specific you want in red than in other colors.