Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

How can you tell what he's wearing or not wearing under his pants, lol

You gotta read the subtext of the script. Racial tension is almost always caused by the absence of one culture's pantaloons.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

You gotta read the subtext of the script. Racial tension is almost always caused by the absence of one culture's pantaloons.

Pantaloons are serious business

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Yes, it is.  Don't know why Lyn of all people has it, though.

Gotta put that Bow rank to use somehow. Trapping her in the Sword pool would be pitifully boring, and your only non-OC options for a bow were this and Reinfleche.

Even though she never actually appears in the same game as Mulagir, said bow actually does have a lore connection to Sacae, which is more than can be said for Reinfleche which isn't connected to anything or anyone and appears out of nowhere in Light as a random drop from a clone of someone who has probably never touched it.

it also gives them a chance to localize the damn thing's name and purge 'miugre' from the fanbase forever, which i am forever thankful for even if it comes at the cost of losing my slightly preferred 'murgleis' too

Lyn for sure, but I also want Lucina and Ike. Poor Roy looks kind of lackluster compared to the other 3.

2 hours ago, Seafarer said:

So, uh... Ike is basically the "screw you, Reinhardt" that we've been waiting for? And Lucina is the Spur goddess to go with Eirika's buff goddess?

Well, I'm sold.

I think that's more Lyn than Ike. Lyn has decent Res, can counter him, and nullifies his buffs. Ike just tanks him.

I wonder why Lyn appears to have a BST 5 higher than she should for a ranged cavalry, but Roy's BST is in line with what we would expect, unless Lyn's skill raised her up 4 points, but it looks like a Blow skill, not a flat increase one.

If Lyn just inexplicably has higher BST, I'm not fond of the precedent it sets.

2 minutes ago, Dengres said:

Very torn between Ike and Lyn.
If Lyn wasn't part of the hell that is the colourless poll it would be easier but as it is I'm not sure what to do.

I feel the same between Lyn and Lucina.

But you can get both, so choose the one that you feel you needed the most in the game to help you and try summoning the other.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Lyn for sure, but I also want Lucina and Ike. Poor Roy looks kind of lackluster compared to the other 3.

I think that's more Lyn than Ike. Lyn has decent Res, can counter him, and nullifies his buffs. Ike just tanks him.

Wouldn't that be crazy if there was an upcoming banner that provided DC fodder for Brave Ike?

5 minutes ago, Florete said:

I'm not so sure about Roy. His weapon is practically Mt 19 with heavy blade. With QR he could proc easily 4 charge specials being attacked. 

Edit: alternatively, if he is fast enough, instant galeforce on player phase.

Edited by mampfoid

Well, I didn't think they'd get me interested in this banner since none of these characters are my favourites (I mean, I like them all still). But the free pick goes to Lyn easily. I really want a bow knight and would rather not summon 10 Rhys's in the process. I also want Ike, so I'll probably spend my orbs on that.

11 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I want Roy if just for the fact he's limited and the art looks good.

I feel the same. A sword unit isn't particularly interesting but he just looks nice.

Ike's description in the OP is incorrect. Beorc's Blessing is "Effective against Flying and Cavalry. Foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) are nullified during combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)"

1 minute ago, Party Moth said:

Ike's description in the OP is incorrect. Beorc's Blessing is "Effective against Flying and Cavalry. Foe's bonuses (from skills like Fortify, Rally, etc.) are nullified during combat. (Skill cannot be inherited.)"

Pretty sure that's a translation error.

50 minutes ago, Florete said:

Roy has a 19-Atk weapon that has Heavy Blade 3 built in. He's the only character in the game that can run Death Blow 3 or Life and Death 3 simultaneously with Heavy Blade 3. He also has access to cavalry buffs. That's pretty damned amazing.

Just now, Party Moth said:

The description of Beorc's Blessing in the English version of the video is incorrect.

1 minute ago, Party Moth said:

English localisation is incorrect.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Pretty sure that's a translation error.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

The description of Beorc's Blessing in the English version of the video is incorrect.

Ah. Nevermind, then.

Guys I need you all to be honest as possible here.

How hard is it pull from a color less orbs? I'm serious dead serious, I really can't decide between Lyn & Lucina here guys I really really need your wisdom here.

They all look so damn good.  Obviously picking Roy, and will be rolling for extra copies for merging.

Initially, I wanted Lyn right after Roy but Ike's art has really grown on me.  Both of the guys wearing their fathers' outfits is so nice.  All I know is that I'm definitely pouring my all into this.

@Zangetsu

The main reason people say that is because a lot of the 3*s and 4*s you'll be getting aren't very great, for me Klein is the only good skill fodder in colourless (and I'm definitely not sacrificing my 5* Klein), meanwhile blues have plenty of decent units you may want to 5* in the future or use as skill fodder.  It's all up to your situation, really.

Edited by Sayyyaka

3 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

How hard is it pull from a color less orbs? I'm serious dead serious, I really can't decide between Lyn & Lucina here guys I really really need your wisdom here.

It REALLY depends on what you need.  Colorless has staves, bows, and daggers.  Some have great skills (Death Blow via Klein), staffbots can pass their stuff around, and then there's cases like Virion - useful for me, not so much for the greater population.  You'll need to weigh what you want versus everything else.

My luck dictates that I pull Azama every other session.  This doesn't bother me, because Pain is a good staff, and he'll be my first +10 at the rate I'm going.

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I have the same problem here. It would be hard to calculate now since the list of available units is not out yet.

The formula would probably be: (Number of colourless orbs out of 5) x (3%+0.25n) with n being every 5 units pulled.

I am going with Lyn as free as I need a good bow user other than my Takumi.

Edited by Silent shifter
Changed the formula.

9 minutes ago, eclipse said:

It REALLY depends on what you need.  Colorless has staves, bows, and daggers.  Some have great skills (Death Blow via Klein), staffbots can pass their stuff around, and then there's cases like Virion - useful for me, not so much for the greater population.  You'll need to weigh what you want versus everything else.

My luck dictates that I pull Azama every other session.  This doesn't bother me, because Pain is a good staff, and he'll be my first +10 at the rate I'm going.

But does that mean I'll have better luck pulling for Lyn or should just use my free summon for her?

4 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

I have the same problem here. It would be hard to calculate now since the list of available units is not out yet.

The formula would probably be: (Number of colourless orbs out of 5) x (3%+0.25n) with n being every 5 units pulled.

I am going with Lyn as free as I need a good bow user other than my Takumi.

I have no idea what mathing is!?

Edited by Zangetsu