Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Geirskogul's design looks heavily influenced by the Ylissean Falchion's, especially in terms of the gap in the middle that gets filled with glowy stuff for the special activation art.

Right down to the obscure writing on it. That doesn't mean it couldn't be from 16 though, since we have no idea what art direction it will be taking. Still, I kind of doubt it. At most, it might be a bonus weapon.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Right down to the obscure writing on it. That doesn't mean it couldn't be from 16 though, since we have no idea what art direction it will be taking. Still, I kind of doubt it. At most, it might be a bonus weapon.

I apply Occam's cutting utensil whenever possible. I also like shooting down wishful thinking.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I apply Occam's cutting utensil whenever possible. I also like shooting down wishful thinking.

Eh, it's cool and all, but I don't think you should read too much into it, no. I'm just saying it's possible whether or not I think it's likely.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Geirskogul's design looks heavily influenced by the Ylissean Falchion's, especially in terms of the gap in the middle that gets filled with glowy stuff for the special activation art.

Thing is neither Awakening nor older Arachea tittles drawn almost no themes from north mythology, with Berkut's. Kriemhild as only exception (among legendary weapons at least)

Jugdral seems pretty heavy on Norse references but their weapons are named after, well other weapons.

Magwel has lot lit of such references, but it's almost exclusively mythical monsters themed.

While it's impossible say if spear itself us related to anime outside of it's runes. It's name fits mist to Zenith's (heroes world) naming. Though not directly. Each of Askr trio (as well as emblia side)  have weapons named after place where Norse gods dwells. Geiroskogul is Valkyrie who decides which heroes go to Valhalla, which is pretty fitting.

Edited by Tenzen12

54 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Thing is neither Awakening nor older Arachea tittles drawn almost no themes from north mythology, with Berkut's. Kriemhild as only exception (among legendary weapons at least)

The thing is Akaneia and Ylisse have so few named weapons of their own to begin with, so there's literally no precedent to follow.

Valentia has had Ragnarok as its most powerful offensive magic since FE2.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well yeah but these  Arachnea that Arachnea  are mostly Roman themed. I forgot about Ragnarok though.

Using the Japanese names,

Falchion is a French word. Gladius is a Latin word. Mercury is Roman mythology. Parthia is the Latin name of the Parthian Empire of the Middle East. Starlight and Aura are English words. Mafu is likely derived from a Japanese word. Excalibur is from the Matter of Britain. Aum is from Hinduism. Hauteclere is from the Matter of France.

Sun ("Taiyou"), Moonlight ("Gekkou"), and Shooting Star ("Ryuusei") are Japanese words. Angel, Arrow, Slime, and Death are English words. Ragnarok is Norse mythology. Medusa is Greek mythology.

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yep, and we can mostly just scratch Japanese and English words as it's pretty much description as much as name without deeper meaning.

Which basically means there's no pattern and anything is fair game for a new weapon name for an Ylissean character.

Is anyone else strangely hyped for this banner? The designs are incredible, the skills are great (for the competitive among us) and most importantly we get one of the focus Heroes for free. It's the latter that really gets me and I've been hyped for this ever since Feh Channel. It feels the same as getting a whole new game (which I suppose is true with the QHB).

It's probably just me having simple tastes and low expectations going into the event, but is anyone else as excited for tomorrow as I am right now? I know how I'm spending my Thursday...

32 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Is anyone else strangely hyped for this banner? The designs are incredible, the skills are great (for the competitive among us) and most importantly we get one of the focus Heroes for free. It's the latter that really gets me and I've been hyped for this ever since Feh Channel. It feels the same as getting a whole new game (which I suppose is true with the QHB).

It's probably just me having simple tastes and low expectations going into the event, but is anyone else as excited for tomorrow as I am right now? I know how I'm spending my Thursday...

I don't think there's anything strange about it: it's the most hyped and most powerful banner yet. I'm plenty excited, and just wish I'd saved more orbs. (Currently at 83.)

I'm definitely going for Lyn; been trying to get one since day 1 and was quite salty after not summoning one during the bridal banner which is all I ever dreamt of or wanted.

Also she comes with Draconic Aura, how about that implication! :o I'm quite sure only people with dragon blood (Camilla/Sophia/Julia etc.) come with Dragon Gaze and better. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm probably gonna choose Lyn to avoid colorless hell. (Lucius sniped me for the last time.) However, it honestly depends on confirmation on Ike's Weapon Skills as far as what it reduces EXACTLY. If it's just good for Desperation, Brave and Ranged Doubles that's fine but if it's any enemy that doubles him I might actually free pull him. (Though if it's any attack after the first I might benefit trying to pull a -SPD.)

I'm not sure, I hope I can pull them all, but after struggling to get Ninian in the Hero Fest Banner, I get the feeling I won't be getting one-two of them. So long as I get Ike and Lyn I'll survive. (I'll admit though, each Black Silhouette in the Catalog eats away at my inner collector.) All I know is that, less than 12 hours before the release and I am pumped for this banner; I hope I don't get IV screwed this time since I know I could really use good IVs for once. (Especially Ike since I only have 2 Green 5-Star Units.) 

49 minutes ago, Dogla said:

Also she comes with Draconic Aura, how about that implication! :o I'm quite sure only people with dragon blood (Camilla/Sophia/Julia etc.) come with Dragon Gaze and better. Coincidence? I think not.

Yeah, what does that imply...?

Did Lyn marry Ninian and they're BOTH Roy's mommy?

11 hours ago, Alistair said:

Crack theory time: Gierskögul (Lucina's weapon) to my knowledge is a legendary/regalia weapon that hasn't been seen before. So, e other IS made a new, non-Zenith Heroes-exclusive weapon OR it will turn out to be from FE16.

FE16: Reawakening

The earth will be salted with the tears of FE fans.

1 hour ago, Dogla said:

We got it all wrong! It was thought that Roy got Galeforce from Lyn but it was actually the other way around! Eliwood x Ninian created Roy who then sired Lyn...who then traveled to the past...for reasons. Lyn confirmed for time traveling 1/8 manakete.

2 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

They will?

Supposedly, yes. Their banner is not introduced as “Special Heroes” like the seasonals, but rather as “New Heroes” like everybody else.

Still having trouble who to choose between Ike and Lucina for the free unit, lol.

But I'm also thinking of having Lyn so I maybe I should get her as the free unit, and summon Lucina and Ike later.

I still can't decide :>_<:. I already have a fantastic archer in Bride Cordelia but Lyn is the only archer on a horse and I don't trust my luck in colourless hell. Meanwhile I like the other characters more than Lyn except Roy. 

Holy shit. holy shit. soly hhit.

I GOT LYN ON MY FIRST PULL.

Granted I had to pull +Att -Spd Beruka, +Spd -Def Cordelia, +Att -Spd Stahl, and +Att -Res Frederick to do it, but HOLY SHIT.

And her nature is...!

+Res -Hp.

...that is... better than -Att, -Spd, and +Def, but kinda lackluster compared to the natures the other 4 have.

But now I don't have to pull Lyn as my one freebie! I can get Ike as I had kinda wanted more out of them all!

Edited by Xenomata

Went an nabbed my free Ike, no regrets! Now to collarless hell I go!

my first pull yielded me nothing but Reinhardt, finally! Granted I rarely pull blues but I'll take it! And +atk yes please! Onto the list to be 5*rd he goes! I would be more excited about Rein but IKE!!