Summoning Focus: Brave Heroes!

Vaximillian

Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

So it just clicked that Ike's Steady Breath is not locked to him. I'm seriously considering putting this on the innate-Distant Counter physical units. Assuming it has no inheritance restrictions among non-staff users, I'm also really tempted to run this on Corrin (F) and Awakening Tiki since it should let them activate a 3-charge special skill on the second counterattack (5-charge if Tiki is double attacked).

I actually gave Lightning Breath to Corrin (F) as soon as I got a *5 Nowi and I wasn't too sure what to do with her beyond, say, QR. This sounds like a good suggestion.

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And then the post-Tellius games give us basically nothing in terms of legendary-tier weapons.

The only legendary weapons in awakening were the Falchions and also a lot of unlockable weapons. But said weapons were either there hid behind a pay wall or had use grind to get renown. There was the Raijinto, Brynhildr, Siegfired, Fujin Yumi, and Yato. There were 6 more of you count the different forms of the Yato and 7 more if you count the s-rank weapons. In Echoes, there was the royal sword, beloved zofia, falchion, astra, Luna, sol, gradivus, mercurius, and Parthia.

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

and also a lot of unlockable weapons.

8 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

In Echoes, there was the royal sword, beloved zofia, falchion, astra, Luna, sol, gradivus, mercurius, and Parthia.

Legendary weapons that already existed from previous games don't count.

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

And then the post-Tellius games give us basically nothing in terms of legendary-tier weapons.

Well SD added Hauteclere- but that lacks any lore background, and is just IS borrowing a name stuck in PoR's unused data.

Awakening had the issue of being a big bringing together of all the franchise, and favoring old legendaries over having new ones. Only the Wolf Berg (which I guess is Wolf Beil retranslated?), Goetia, Grima's Truth, and the Amatsu (which has a cool name seeing how it refers to the heavenly deities of Japan) could possibly classify at all for the title legendary- but they're really just personal weapons- a tier below legendary. But it was awesome having the Three Regalia + Excalibur and all the Holy Weapons barring Valk, plus a few random other legendaries and a reimagining of Gaiden's Sol/Luna/Astra weapons.

Fates- well the princes get sweet legendary weapons and Corrin the Yato, they just refuse to share. The S-ranks are barebones, like the world of Fates overall, at most, we can guess the Hagakure Blade was Sumeragi's personal weapon. 

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Wishblade's name was based on its Japanese name, Sehnsucht, German for "longing". "Sehnsucht", though, just looks and sounds cooler, as does the weapon's internal name of "Zanezphte".

Double Bow loses all of the original name of Valfleche/Ballefleche.

FE7's physical weapons (barring the mistranslation of Lionfleche to Rienfleche) were all named for kingly things, which was damned cool.

True on the physical weapons side of FE7.

Though I disagree with Zanezphte being better than Wishblade (Sehnsucht is better though)- I get it's German, but it looks a little too Engrishy/botched translation to me (I'm reminded of how Rune Factory had the Sechs Empire- later temporarily retranslated as the Zzyxx Empire). I guess they changed the Double Bow because it looked too much like Reinfleche. Valfleche makes me imagine it shoots flaming meteor arrows.

4 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

…the Wolf Berg (which I guess is Wolf Beil retranslated?)

Not really, no. They are different in Japanese too (ヴォルフバイル for Wolf Beil and ヴォルフベルグ for Wolf Berg) and mean different things in German: Beil means axe, and Berg means mountain.

7 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Only the Wolf Berg (which I guess is Wolf Beil retranslated?)

Wolf Berg and Wolf Beil are both properly translated. Wolf Berg is "wolf mountain" in German. Wolf Beil is "wolf axe" in German.

Amatsu (which has a cool name seeing how it refers to the heavenly deities of Japan)

This is a proper Amatsu.

Though I disagree with Zanezphte being better than Wishblade (Sehnsucht is better though)- I get it's German, but it looks a little too Engrishy/botched translation to me

That's because Zanezphte is a "botched" translation. It's a name Odin would love, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Fates could have handled Magic a LOT better than it did, but at least that was just on the Nohr side and we got the Chinese Zodiac and some ink drawings as magic on the Hoshido side... which won't translate well to Heroes if Hayato gets added to Heroes...

Speaking of, it bugs me that Fates didn't complete the Chinese Zodiac theme and just went all up to Monkey or Rooster (if Bird Spirit is can be counted as Rooster).

Where's my Dog/Hound Spirit and Pig/Boar Spirit? :(

And yet there's randoms like Paper (Okay, joke weapon so that can stay), Calamity Gate (reverse WTA so that's good, too) and Malevolent Text. Oh and Ink Painting too, which would be hilarious to give to a Diviner Kagero.

If Heroes ever had Diviners, I can see Orochi getting Snake Spirit because of her name. Hayato could get Bird Spirit or something since it fits with the Wind Tribe theme better.

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

If Heroes ever had Diviners, I can see Orochi getting Snake Spirit because of her name. Hayato could get Bird Spirit or something since it fits with the Wind Tribe theme better.

Hoshidan scrolls are tomes in all but names, right? Then it wouldn’t be any difficult at all to just make special weapon sprites and animations for the Hoshidans whenever they decide to apply for the cast.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Hoshidan scrolls are tomes in all but names, right? Then it wouldn’t be any difficult at all to just make special weapon sprites and animations for the Hoshidans whenever they decide to apply for the cast.

Yeah I can see them just making the special fancy spinning scroll animation when attacking. Just takes a few more animation assets than a normal tome though.

Oh and I guess the only other Diviner is Rhajat who could have like, Calamity Gate (Cancel Affinity effect?) or Malevolent Spirit scrolls.

Or maybe go the Echoes route and make a tome for them like they did for Boey/Mae and the Owl tomes. That said, I guess they're pretty down low in the priority list of characters though so we won't really know for a long time.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

But what color would the Scrolls be? I'm thinking not Red, but I'm not sure whether Swords or Axes are more Scissors-y (since we have the Scroll called Paper). 

12 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Where's my Dog/Hound Spirit and Pig/Boar Spirit? :(

And where's the Cat? We need the unofficial fake 13th Chinese Zodiac. 

And while we're at it- how long until IS gets around to referencing the Ssu-Ling? I want to Feng Huang things up.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

But what color would the Scrolls be? I'm thinking not Red, but I'm not sure whether Swords or Axes are more Scissors-y (since we have the Scroll called Paper). 

Hayato would probably be a Green magic user since he hails from the Wind Tribe and starts with Rat Spirit... at least I think he starts with Rat Spirit...

Orochi would probably be Red since she starts with Ox Spirit, which is very similar to Fire in a way...

And Rhajat, while she does start with Ox Spirit, I would say should be Blue for variety sake.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I clicked on this link expecting Amatsumagatsuchi and I wasn't disappointed. 

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Considering the Hoshidan units currently in the game didn't get katanas/naginatas/clubs/yumis/shurikens and instead use standard weapons, I'd be really surprised if they give diviners scrolls instead of tomes.

Like 60% of this poll i will choose Lyn as my freebie, lacking good archers in my roster. I guess we will encounter a lot of horse emblem in next weeks arena ... 

Edited by mampfoid
Typo

Still can't decide between Lyn and Ike. Tomorrow is coming up too fast x_x

I'm swaying towards Lyn atm just because of how good she can potentially be. I honestly have no good reason not to go for her, apart from wanting to be hipster and taking that Ike.

2 hours ago, ruruo said:

Still can't decide between Lyn and Ike. Tomorrow is coming up too fast x_x

I'm swaying towards Lyn atm just because of how good she can potentially be. I honestly have no good reason not to go for her, apart from wanting to be hipster and taking that Ike.

Same here. I just really like Ike and hes pretty good too.

Lyn would be AMAZING in my roster and I really need a Archer.

But what If i never get Ike? .... choices.

Don't know if I mentioned it before but I'll go with Lyn

Crack theory time: Gierskögul (Lucina's weapon) to my knowledge is a legendary/regalia weapon that hasn't been seen before. So, e other IS made a new, non-Zenith Heroes-exclusive weapon OR it will turn out to be from FE16.

Now that I think about it, I think I'm probably just going to grab my free Lyn and continue chasing Hector on the gauntlet banner. I failed to get him during the first hero fest and I really don't want to leave his second banner Hectorless again.

10 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Well SD added Hauteclere- but that lacks any lore background, and is just IS borrowing a name stuck in PoR's unused data.

Funny enough the entire Regalia in SD actually have no lore background as well. Its literally just "got stolen, used to conquer empire, end" making Hauteclere's "Axe on par with Regalia" excuse of a lore not out of place

9 minutes ago, Chelone said:

But what If i never get Ike? .... choices.

So annoying because I would gladly swap Lyn out when a newer and better meta comes along. I'll admit to not caring much for her character. Then again I'm not a massive Ike fan either, but I do love his design for CYL a lot and his skill set looks really interesting. I would miss him the most out of the four if I didn't managed to pull him.

I think I will probably wait until later tomorrow to make a pick. Once people have started playing with the new characters I'll get a better idea of how effective they are and who to go for.

34 minutes ago, Alistair said:

Crack theory time: Gierskögul (Lucina's weapon) to my knowledge is a legendary/regalia weapon that hasn't been seen before. So, e other IS made a new, non-Zenith Heroes-exclusive weapon OR it will turn out to be from FE16.

Geirskogul's design looks heavily influenced by the Ylissean Falchion's, especially in terms of the gap in the middle that gets filled with glowy stuff for the special activation art.

2 minutes ago, ruruo said:

So annoying because I would gladly swap Lyn out when a newer and better meta comes along. I'll admit to not caring much for her character. Then again I'm not a massive Ike fan either, but I do love his design for CYL a lot and his skill set looks really interesting. I would miss him the most out of the four if I didn't managed to pull him.

I think I will probably wait until later tomorrow to make a pick. Once people have started playing with the new characters I'll get a better idea of how effective they are and who to go for.

YOU 

ARE

CHOOSING 

LYN

12 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

YOU 

ARE

CHOOSING 

LYN

choosing ms what over the first time Roy is finally good

no

....ok this is the first time Lyn is good too fuck

Edited by JSND

12 minutes ago, JSND said:

choosing ms what over the first time Roy is finally good

Lyn is tooootally better, and she's going to change the meta for like, ever

13 minutes ago, JSND said:

....ok this is the first time Lyn is good too fuck

Not "good"

Better

If not better

Best

38 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Lyn is tooootally better, and she's going to change the meta for like, ever

Not "good"

Better

If not better

Best

Things like this makes me want to pick Lyn. But... i want Ike real bad too even though he might not be that good anymore ?