Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Goads should still be fine, right? RIGHT?

I think so, I think it only affects visual stat changes.  But goads are probably not enough to stop an angry Ike.

Edited by Lushen

I'm really curious as to what CYL Lyn's final stats will be. I checked both the English and Japanese videos and the only discrepancy is in the English video, Lyn appears on Chapter 9-2's map while in the Japanese video, she appears on Paralogue 5-3's map. This doesn't happen with Lucina or Roy. Ike is never shown on a map except for one instance and it's really dumb. The units who appear with CYL Lucina in the English video are different, though, as the English video spoils all of the CYL units which is incredibly dumb since Lucina is the first CYL unit to be revealed. The Japanese version has only has Chrom and Frederick as CYL Lucina's buddies. Poor aunty Lissa... Anyway, this doesn't happen with Roy where he has the same units, Cecilia, Eliwood, and Lilina appear with him as he's on Chapter 12-2's map.

CYL Roy... it's short, so I'm not going to put in spoilers:

So, same stats for Roy were shown in both videos, 25/38 HP, 51 total attack, 34 speed, 26 defense, and 24 resistance. It's safe to say that if neutral which he should be since I doubt the developers would show non-neutral units -- edit here: apparently I'm wrong after checking CYL Lucina --, then CYL Roy would be rocking 38 HP, 32 Atk, 34 Spd, 26 Def, and 24 Res for 154 BST. Whatever, that's normal.

CYL Lyn:

Spoiler

CYL Lyn on the other hand, ends up with 149 BST even after you account for Mulagir's +3 speed. I have no idea why she has 4 more BST and people might think it's because she's the winner of the ladies side of CYL, but that just doesn't sit right. No unit except for a trainee or villager has higher than "normal" BST in movement types. If she has 149 BST, then she breaks several things; she'd have higher BST than what cavalry mages and what is assumed, cavalry archers would have by 4 points and she'd have about the same BST as infantry and flying mages with 149 BST giving her the same BST as Boey, both Robins, and Sophia. Basically, she'd have all the advantages of being a cavalry while having none of the disadvantages barring anti-cavalry weapons and forest tiles. She's on a regular map, I don't think future Voting Gauntlets will have +X to stats for the team leader, and she's not merged. I can't think of a reason other than the CYL Lyn they showed us is somehow a prototype one with more stat points that she should have. If CYL Lyn wasn't targeting defense, but resistance, the weaker of the defensive stats, she'd undoubtedly by the best unit -- she is still one of the best all things considered. Brave Bows have 2 less MT than legendary Brave ranged weapons or Dire Thunder since no other legendary Brave weapons were introduced since Dire Thunder, but CYL Lyn has speed, so she can double with a Brave Bow while having about the same base attack as Reinhardt.

CYL Lucina:

Spoiler

In the Japanese video, CYL Lucina is shown with 44 HP and doing 37x2 to the mounted red mage who is on a defense tile. The mounted red mage on Lunatic Chapter 12-4 has 40 HP, 51 Atk, 27 Spd, 18 Def, and 37 Res. Nobody there has any attack debuffing or defense buffing skills and neither Chrom or Frederick have attack buffing skills. For CYL Lucina to do 37x2 on the red mage who would have 23 effective defense, she needs 60 total attack and at least 32 speed to double. With WTA, CYL Lucina would have 50 total attack since WTA increases her attack by 20% and that would be 10 more damage. If you take off her 16 MT lance, then Lucina's base attack would be 34. 44 HP, 34 Atk, and >32 Spd put her at 110 BST with ~47 point remaining.

In the English video, CYL Lucina has 41 HP and did 38x2 to the mounted red mage. I don't know if any of the other CYL units have attack buffing skills, but assuming they don't and it's minor, then Lucina would just have 51 total attack putting her at 35 base attack. 41 HP, 35 Atk, and >32 Spd put her at 108 BST with ~49 points remaining.

Either way, the worst case scenario is the CYL Lucina is basically Sharena, but with a different legendary weapon, access to merges, and access to boons/banes. Best case scenario is that she's not level 40, so, she has room to grow and that she's literally lance Lucina with 34 attack and 36 speed which would mean she'd also be like bride Charlotte with a legendary weapon. It's entirely possible since regular Lucina has 43 HP and let's say 44 is CYL Lucina's neutral HP. With 34 attack and 36 speed, she'd have 114 BST leaving ~43 points remaining. Ironically, CYL Lucina, the one with a shield and is more armored than Lucina, could end up with lower defense than regular Lucina. The weird thing is in both videos, she ends up healing back up to 41 HP against a random sword flier, so 41 HP might be her neutral HP.

CYL Ike:

Spoiler

Ike never appears on a map except as CYL Lucina's background unit alongside CYL Lyn and Roy in the English video, so nobody knows where he's fighting. The only thing known is that both videos show his HP as 43 which is 1 higher than regular Ike. That sure narrows it down, huh? If you want an educated guess, if the average defense is 25 and let's say it's the archer's, then for Ike to do 31 damage before Aether, he needs 56 total attack. This is against a colorless unit by the way, so, no WTA or WTD which would mean his attack is even higher. Anyway, with 56 total attack, CYL Ike would have 40 base attack. Impossible? Maybe. Maybe not. Then again, the generic archers tend to have ~30 defense which would make it really crazy since 30 defense means Ike needs 61 total attack. He couldn't double the archer, so Ike would have to be slower than the archer which means nothing without knowing the archer's speed. Same with him being able to double the knight and knights tend to be slow. If I were to make a guess, I think CYL Ike would be like an infantry Frederick or Hector. Slow, bulky, but hits really freaking hard. Something like 43 HP, 37 Atk, 24 Spd, 35 Def, and 18 Def. I doubt he has 40 base attack since no unit except for Effie, a knight, has 40 base attack and the closest is Cherche, a flyer with 38 attack, and Chrom, an infantry with 37 attack, followed by Bartre and summer Tiki with 36 base attack.

Edit: Forgot that the mounted mage was on a defense tile and this throws off Lucina's attack estimate.

Edited by Kaden

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

In the Japanese video, CYL Lucina is shown with 44 HP and doing 37x2 to the mounted red mage. The mounted red mage on Lunatic Chapter 12-4 has 40 HP, 51 Atk, 27 Spd, 18 Def, and 37 Res. Nobody there has any attack debuffing or defense buffing skills and neither Chrom or Frederick have attack buffing skills. For CYL Lucina to do 37x2, she needs 55 total attack and at least 32 speed to double. With WTA, CYL Lucina would have 46 total attack since WTA increases her attack by 20% and that would be 9 more damage. If you take off her 16 MT lance, then Lucina's base attack would be 30. 44 HP, 30 Atk, and >32 Spd put her at 106 BST with ~51 point remaining.

You're forgetting the fortification tile the red knight is standing on. Lucina has 50 Atk with her weapon equipped, meaning 34 base Atk.

The oddity is the fact that the English video shows the same fight, but Lucina has 41 HP instead of 44 HP and deals 38 damage instead of 37 damage.

Running the calculations on the fight with the sword pegasus is even weirder because that battle gives her a base Atk of 38 or 39. You can get the Def of the sword pegasus by looking at Aether's damage.

As best as I can tell, they might not be using fully-leveled or strictly neutral-natured units for Lucina's videos.

Not that anyone else stood a chance in the voting, but I would love to have seen what alternate designs they would come up with for other characters.

12 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You're forgetting the fortification tile the red knight is standing on. Lucina has 50 Atk with her weapon equipped, meaning 34 base Atk.

The oddity is the fact that the English video shows the same fight, but Lucina has 41 HP instead of 44 HP and deals 38 damage instead of 37 damage.

Running the calculations on the fight with the sword pegasus is even weirder because that battle gives her a base Atk of 38 or 39. You can get the Def of the sword pegasus by looking at Aether's damage.

As best as I can tell, they might not be using fully-leveled or strictly neutral-natured units for Lucina's videos.

It's also possible they tinkered with Lucina's base stats between when the Japanese video was recorded and when the English one was recorded.

50 minutes ago, Lushen said:

a small plate covering her left breast (wtf why?).

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It is a chest guard, a piece of armour commonly used in archery.

To elaborate, it keeps the bow string from accidentally clipping your chest. Only the left side matters with most bows unless you're using a very long bow (hence why the Japanese muneate covers the entire chest because the longest of Japanese longbows is extremely long). Clarisse also has one.

Just now, Ice Dragon said:

To elaborate, it keeps the bow string from accidentally clipping your chest. Only the left side matters with most bows unless you're using a very long bow (hence why the Japanese muneate covers the entire chest because the longest of Japanese longbows is extremely long). Clarisse also has one.

Interesting I did not know that.  I didn't notice on Clarisse, I was only mad about Lyn b/c they were trying to differentiate her art, and I didn't think it was really substantial.  I guess her normal outfit already worked with an archer though.

26 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh, shoot, I forgot that Chapter 12-4 had defense tiles and the mounted mage was on it. Considering alternate units tend to be pretty close in stat spreads except for some characters, CYL Lucina basically being lance Lucina would make a lot of sense.

Also, I did mention the discrepancy between the English and Japanese video with Lucina's HP and (minor) damage difference in my wall of text.

The thing with the fights that don't show them on the map is that we don't know anything about the units like where they are and what happened to them. If the defense of the sword Pegasus Knight is 19 -- I suck at math -- and Lucina is supposed to do 45 damage before Aether, then her total attack is 54. This would give her 38 base attack which is pretty high, but possible in many ways like CYL Lucina has 35 base attack and this one is +Atk. Alternatively, she could have just received a +4 attack buff or she's running a +4 attack Blow skill for some reason.

Same deal with Ike and the archer and lance knight. Using 25 average defense for the archer, 40 base attack on Ike isn't impossible, but he could have 36 base attack, 16 MT Urvan, and +4 attack from someone or a +4 attack blow Skill to reach 56 total attack or he's +Atk and his neutral attack is 37 and nobody, but the developers would know.

Edited by Kaden

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

Poll was unsurprising lol.

I think without a doubt, Ike is the best unit competitively.  Yes, I know horse archers are tempting but if you look at it subjectively I think Ike blows her away.  We have a unit who can tank a crap ton of damage, deal a crap-ton of damage, counter blades, extra damage against fliers and horses, accelerate special trigger with 16mt, and this is all using only the weapon and B slot.  We can still put DC on him making him an unstoppable madman.  The only thing that can hurt Ike is if they decide to give him low res.  Otherwise, using him would be exactly like he was in PoR endgame.

Lyn just happens to be my favorite FE character period. If anyone else was on that horse, I would be picking Ike 100% guaranteed.

There are colorless units I need but I would rather get my favorite character guaranteed and have access to better fodder while hunting for Ike. Ike and Lyn are top priority. Lucina isn't far behind and Roy is at the bottom. I need them all though.

Going with Horse!Lyn... both for the meta and to avoid colorless hell. Will try for Lucina and I keep in the regular sescions though. Speaking of the freebie, will they have neutral IVs or...?

How do Urvan and Beorc's Blessing work? Can someone specify where we got the correct translation of Beorc's Blessing? I love Ike, but damn his skill descriptions are confusing as hell. He can be anywhere from Meta-game Defining to Bargain Brand Hector depending on what his skills mean.

4 minutes ago, Ekans647 said:

How do Urvan and Beorc's Blessing work? Can someone specify where we got the correct translation of Beorc's Blessing? I love Ike, but damn his skill descriptions are confusing as hell. He can be anywhere from Meta-game Defining to Bargain Brand Hector depending on what his skills mean.

Not sure whether Urvan affects just braves, or if it affects things like Desperation builds, but for Beorc blessing, literally all it does is nullify enemy hones/fortifies if they are a cavalry or flier unit.  The English wording is unclear.

Honestly as great as that sounds, it just makes me think that horse teams are gonna run even more Xanders specifically to slay Griel Ike.  He's a bulky red and can probably make short work of him.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

How did we find out that Beorc's Blessing only negates buffs to fliers and Cavalry? If that's all it does, it's pretty underwhelming, especially when compared to the other units in this banner.

3 minutes ago, Ekans647 said:

Urvan: If the opponent attacks more than once without Ike attacking in between, every hit after the first has its damage reduced by 80%. Ike attacking resets this effect.

Beorc's Blessing: If the opponent is flying or cavalry, their field buffs are ignored in combat.

1 minute ago, Ekans647 said:

How did we find out that Beorc's Blessing only negates buffs to fliers and Cavalry? If that's all it does, it's pretty underwhelming, especially when compared to the other units in this banner.

Translation of the Japanese description.

I'm not sure how you consider negating Litrblade's effect to be underwhelming when that effect makes it literally the most powerful weapon in the game. Not to mention an effective -6 Atk and -6 Spd to cavalry and fliers under the effect of Hone Cavalry/Hone Fliers.

1 minute ago, Ekans647 said:

The Japanese description is quite clear on that. And Negating the buffs of fliers and horse is huge. This means that he doesn't care at all about Blade tomes on horse or flier team and this means that Reinhardt can't count on Hone Cavalry to blow up Ike, especially with Urvan's effect. This also means that some horse and fliers who need a buff to double Ike won't be able to do so.

6 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Not sure whether Urvan affects just braves, or if it affects things like Desperation builds, but for Beorc blessing, literally all it does is nullify enemy hones/fortifies if they are a cavalry or flier unit.  The English wording is unclear.

All it does?  Hey, that's enough for me!

But yea, his weapon is much better than his skill.

Urvan still sounds a little underwhelming. I think Glaceon made a good point mention how Horse Emblem will just run Xander to beat Ike. Being a Green really undermines a lot of Ike's Defensive potential. If Ike is gonna shine, it's probably gonna be with his stats. 

Edited by Ekans647

6 minutes ago, Ekans647 said:

Urvan still sounds a little underwhelming. I think Glaceon made a good point mention how Horse Emblem will just run Xander to beat Ike. Being a Green really undermines a lot of Ike's Defensive potential.

If he was red, Horse Emblem would just run Camus who has a better stat distribution.

11 minutes ago, Ekans647 said:

It's at least as good as Lyn's unique passive, which just ignores Distant Counter. And Roy and Lucina don't have a unique passive at all. Based on Roy and Lyn's stat screens, it seems that Roy and Lucina have the typical skill structure of a weapon, a special, and two passives, while Lyn and Ike have all that plus their unique passive as a freebie third passive.

Also Ike, like the others, has a legendary weapon even stronger than typical ones: in his case, Hauteclere with added defensive abilities. Hauteclere, ironically, is already a strictly better Slaying Axe, and people had complained about power creep from slaying weapons!