Who will be you free pick hero?  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be you free pick hero?

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My free pick is gonna be Lyn, for the below reasons in order of importance:

1) As a bow user she's the most useful addition to my roster, as I only have 2 usable archers and even then they are utterly mediocre
2) She's a horse archer which makes her a stellar addition to my cavalry units. I may be tempted to make 2 Horse Emblem teams with her (definitely if I get Roy too)
3) I believe she has huge potential in some of the most difficult game modes such as Squad Assault due to her B passive
4) Not having to roll on colorless hell is a huge plus
5) Nostalgia factor due to FE7 being what I started with blah blah

After that, I'm not sure how it will go. I want to get all 4, which will probably happen - I have 30 orbs atm and plan on spending 80-100 euro on this banner. I think the first 80 euro I spent on the Hero Fest was enough to get all 4 along with a couple non-focus 5*. Hero Fest was 5% but this time I only have 3 units to get, so it should more or less balance out. If I can't get all 4 with that, so be it.

After Lyn, my second choice would be Ike. First, I'm also very short on axe users and good green units in general, with Hector, Julia, Nino and Summer Tiki being my only good ones. Second, he's just absurdly strong I think. I hadn't seen the initial news about him being a horse/flier killer so I wasn't overly hyped and subsequently disappointed, but even with that he brings the most, I think, to the table.

As for the other two, I'm torn. I recognize Roy will bring more than Lucina - first, I don't exactly desperately need a generic buffer, as I have all 3 dancers as support units and Eirika for Blade Emblem, second, he's a Horse, which together with Lyn will allow me to make a second Horse Emblem team, and third, I have a larger variety of powerful blue units, than I do of red units.

But... the gap between them isn't wide enough to utterly remove the other very important factor, which is that Lucina is waifu and absolutely adorable in that outfit =(

Just now, CorruptedChrome said:

im just torn if I should keep trying to pull an extra hector for distant counter for Ike or not 

You can never go wrong with an extra Hector.

57 minutes ago, CorruptedChrome said:

So with stats data minded , does anyone have builds planned out already ? 

Specificly for brave Ike? Lol 

im just torn if I should keep trying to pull an extra hector for distant counter for Ike or not 

For Ike, DC Ike is pretty cool

Mainly because he's basically a super Julia/Raven Mix thanks to the passive of Urvan on top of B skill allowing him to ignore Horse Buff

Edited by JSND

10 minutes ago, CorruptedChrome said:

Do you think it'll be in his optimal build? 

Honestly i'm not quite sure its his true optimal build, but its probably the most practical? Green's biggest role atm is to be Reinhardt counter, and he's basically the safest Rein counter that isn't a point drop(as much as you still value those kind of things anyway) while being physically bulky to fight some Flier Emblem build + he can make use of Killer Effect for Special.

His match up is ok too against Lyn(At 48 ATK, Ike took 13 damage from the first attack, and 2 damage from the second. QuadLyn would reach 30 damage max against Ike before special). B Cordelia is literally just Lyn + 1. Its important to note that Ike's Physical Attack makes it more likely to one shot Lyn

The only problem with the set is the fact that your using Distant Counter and as shown by Hector, using Distant Counter on A slot can be a disadvantage. Otherwise Ike is pretty comparable to Michalis

Edited by JSND

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Fae.

You know i probably should have said something along the lines of "Whoops i forgot her" but thats not funny enough so i'm going to say using baby chicken to protect you from Reinhardt shame

1 minute ago, JSND said:

You know i probably should have said something along the lines of "Whoops i forgot her" but thats not funny enough so i'm going to say using baby chicken to protect you from Reinhardt shame

Giant fluffy chicken is too fluffy to conduct electricity. It all gathers around her mouth and then jumps right back to whoever sent it over.

24 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Giant fluffy chicken is too fluffy to conduct electricity. It all gathers around her mouth and then jumps right back to whoever sent it over.

I feel sorry for all the great mage knights who had to go through that...

11 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I feel sorry for all the great mage knights who had to go through that...

Truly great mage knights would have realized that giant fluffy chicken is very flammable because too fluffy.

All of these units look great but I'm probably going for Roy or Lucina though I honestly can't decide between the two of them. On the one hand I need a strong infantry blue and spur buffs are pretty tempting on the other hand Wada Sachiko did the BOI so much justice and he's gonna be disgusting with horse buffs,galeforce, and dancer. God this is worse picking a starter

36 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Brave red tome cavalier when?

Probably never. I'm pretty sure the developers learned their lesson, and I do believe Dire Thunder is the only Brave magic weapon in the entire main series.

I'm super conflicted between Lyn and Lucina. I'm a huge Lucina fangirl so I really want her, and she got a bunch of my votes during the CYL voting, but Lyn looks to be incredibly strong, along with being the first horse archer, as well as me not having any archers I use current (don't have any 5-Star Archers, and barely any 4-Star that I haven't even attempted to level up yet). I'll probably end up rolling to try to get the other after I choose.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Probably never. I'm pretty sure the developers learned their lesson, and I do believe Dire Thunder is the only Brave magic weapon in the entire main series.

There is some brave magic in Awakening too.

34 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Awakening has Waste and Celica's Gale while Fates has the Snake Spirit scroll

Now I want Green Mage Celica with a brave Celica's Gale Tome

Edited by mcsilas

Here y'all are talking about Brave tomes, and I'm over here wondering just how bad Luna/Glower is going to screw everything up.  Thank goodness the Brave heroes all have physical weapons!

41 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There is some brave magic in Awakening too.

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Awakening has Waste and Celica's Gale while Fates has the Snake Spirit scroll

Now I want Green Mage Celica with a brave Celica's Gale Tome

The hell are Awakening and Fates? I thought those were all Heroes original characters.

Awakening was dead to me after finding out about the Rexcalibur fiasco.

Edited by Ice Dragon

51 minutes ago, ThatOneGalAutumn said:

I'm super conflicted between Lyn and Lucina. I'm a huge Lucina fangirl so I really want her, and she got a bunch of my votes during the CYL voting, but Lyn looks to be incredibly strong, along with being the first horse archer, as well as me not having any archers I use current (don't have any 5-Star Archers, and barely any 4-Star that I haven't even attempted to level up yet). I'll probably end up rolling to try to get the other after I choose.

good way to think about it is to consider which one you'd be more willing to summon for

i was pretty split between ike and lyn, since I love both characters, and at first I was leaning towards ike at first since I think I do like him a bit more, but on the other hand I have no 5 star archers I actually like

so after a little more consideration I decided I'd take lyn for free because I've been trying to get soren for a while now so I'd probably feel better doing more summons where I still have a chance to get him

if you'd rather get more blue units, you might want to pick lyn, and if you'd rather get more gray units, you might want to pick lucina

although I might be a little too confident in my ability to get ike since i've had pretty incredible luck ever since celica's focus so maybe you'd wanna take lucina anyway if you wanna make sure you get one

Edited by unique

1 minute ago, unique said:

good way to think about it is to consider which one you'd be more willing to summon for

i was pretty split between ike and lyn, since I love both characters, and at first I was leaning towards ike at first since I think I do like him a bit more, but on the other hand I have no 5 star archers I actually like

so after a little more consideration I decided I'd take lyn for free because I've been trying to get soren for a while now so I'd probably feel better doing more summons where I still have a chance to get him

if you'd rather get more blue units, you might want to pick lyn, and if you'd rather get more gray units, you might want to pick lucina

although I might be a little too confident in my ability to get ike since i've had pretty incredible luck ever since celica's focus so maybe you'd wanna take lucina anyway if you wanna make sure you get one

That's actually how I'm going to do it (I think). I do have decent green units and NO 5* archer besides Clarisse... but I'm (probably) going to pick Ike. then just try to summon the rest (snipe colorless the higher my pity rate is). That way I might run into other decent archers and deathblow pleaseno5*healers. And I'd still be happy with my Ike.

All that talk about Lyn being a god-tier unit really makes this hard though. @ThatOneGalAutumn So if you really like Lucina, just pick her. It will be much worse not getting her. Then going through colorless might not be that bad if you run into other archers along the way.

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The hell are Awakening and Fates? I thought those were all Heroes original characters.

Awakening was dead to me after finding out about the Rexcalibur fiasco.

Was that consistent with the Japanese version as well?