Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
serenethrowaway

Sophia and Wendy Solo

Recommended Posts

Since they're the most reviled characters in FE6, I was contemplating a Sophia and Wendy Solo with maybe Roy being an item caddy from time to time. The actual challenge would begin when Wendy appears in Chapter 8.

Would this even be possible? I shudder to think how one would get past Chapter 14.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'll need to grind a lot, especially in Wendy's case since axeland is right after her join chapter.

 

Hopefully Wendy would turn out great, or at least usable (she usually is like super blessed for me). 

As for Sophia, you will need to train and promote her as fast as you can so that she can use staves.

 

Are you going to use stat boosts? If so, it'll make things more easier. Giving the Boots to Wendy would be a good idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know that Sophia joins in a desert chapter with flying enemies and status affecting staves?

  1. You need restore staff (I guess you still will use Cecilia).
  2. You need a promoted Wendy with as many stat boosts as possible because knights have two movement at least and to get weapon advantge against the wyverns.
  3. You should make sure not to be surrounded by mages, fliers and reinforcements brigands whose leaders have up to three movement.

 

If you could keep Sophia successfully alive, you also should give her several boosts (speedwing, angelic robe).

 

You could rather invest all status items in Wendy to let her solo the game till chapter 21. In the secret shop you buy all necessary items for Sophia to make her usable from chapter 21x till the end, However she won't be able to use Apocalypse most likely.

Edited by Aya Shameimaru

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting the turn requirements for some of the gaidens seems really tough. Wendy definitely needs the boots as soon as you find them, since she'd have only 1 movement in the desert without them. And it's not like Sophia will be of any help whatsoever on that map. You could maybe do the item warp (field Merlinus, find the boots on turn one with a unit with full inventory, send the boots to Merlinus, have Wendy take and use them).

Chapter 21 seems like a huge problem as well, since you have to avoid getting swarmed by the enemies, not only to keep Roy safe, but also to be able to move toward Murdoch at a good pace. Nos-tanking Sophia might actually be key here, since I'm not sure if Wendy can one-round the wyvern riders with a hand axe even with capped str+spd. And without it, you will probably leave more many enemies alive than you can deal with in the player phase.

So honestly, I'm not even sure if it's possible, and if it is, well...

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Have fun grinding before they're even usable in Normal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On normal mode with all stat boosters given to just those two, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It is Fire Emblem after all. Every character is good when they are fed so many kills. What makes them bad in the first place is not being able to get those kills because of other units getting them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jedi said:

Have fun grinding before they're even usable in Normal.

 

9 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

You'll need to grind a lot, especially in Wendy's case since axeland is right after her join chapter.

I think Wendy would be somewhat possible to grind solo. She'll also have 8x as well, so she's likely to be a General or near it by the time Axeland rolls around.

Sophia on the other hand...

8 hours ago, Aya Shameimaru said:

You know that Sophia joins in a desert chapter with flying enemies and status affecting staves?

  1. You need restore staff (I guess you still will use Cecilia).
  2. You need a promoted Wendy with as many stat boosts as possible because knights have two movement at least and to get weapon advantge against the wyverns.
  3. You should make sure not to be surrounded by mages, fliers and reinforcements brigands whose leaders have up to three movement.

 

If you could keep Sophia successfully alive, you also should give her several boosts (speedwing, angelic robe).

 

You could rather invest all status items in Wendy to let her solo the game till chapter 21. In the secret shop you buy all necessary items for Sophia to make her usable from chapter 21x till the end, However she won't be able to use Apocalypse most likely.

Yep, I am in that chapter in my main playthrough right now!

Using Cecilia would prevent it from being a solo, so if Sleep or Silence hit then too bad.

Given its gamebreaking potential, it might be best to ban the stat boosting secret shop. Stat boosters found in normal gameplay are fair game though.

 

7 hours ago, ping said:

Getting the turn requirements for some of the gaidens seems really tough. Wendy definitely needs the boots as soon as you find them, since she'd have only 1 movement in the desert without them. And it's not like Sophia will be of any help whatsoever on that map. You could maybe do the item warp (field Merlinus, find the boots on turn one with a unit with full inventory, send the boots to Merlinus, have Wendy take and use them).

That's my biggest concern. Besides the turn limit to get the Forblaze gaiden chapter, you also have to somehow fit in levelling Sophia and getting Wendy to the boss in time.

Haven't reached Chapter 21 yet so I don't know about that.

5 hours ago, Hawk King said:

On normal mode with all stat boosters given to just those two, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible. It is Fire Emblem after all. Every character is good when they are fed so many kills. What makes them bad in the first place is not being able to get those kills because of other units getting them.

Yeah, I think once you get past their rough start, they can probably handle the rest of the game themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How do you feel about using the arena in something like this? You could arena abuse Wendy in chapter 13 to 20/20, and then Sophia in the Illia/Sacae Arena to 20/20 as well. At the very least combat wouln't be so bad that way.

About the sleep staff, the only thing I can think off is to use pure waters to reduce the hit rate. I think you can finish chater 14 in less than 25 turns if you give the boots to Wendy. 

The problem with chapter 21 is that it's very large and that it has an absurd amount of reinforcements. Luckily, most of the areas that trigger said spawns can be simply walked around. This isn't really a spoiler so feel free to look at the map I attached.

Wendy with boots can walk right past the green and blue boxes (she can ferry roy over). The only one you can't avoid is the purple box, but 1 spawn point as opposed to 3 is much more manageable. Also, you have a 30 turn limit so you should be fine.

One last thing, even if you're strict on there being no cooperation from characters other than wendy and sophia, do make sure to recruit the characters that you need to access the gaiden chapters:

● Douglass (just don't kill him in chapter 16).

● Miledy and Zeiss.

● Zealot and Juno, if you go to Illia.

● Sue, Shin and Dayan, if you go to Sacae.

 

[Chapter 21 Map]

21.png

Edited by GonzoMD1993

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GonzoMD1993 said:

You could arena abuse Wendy in chapter 13 to 20/20

Arena abuse can be done in 10A as well.

 

Also, will you be only recruiting units that are necessary to get certain routes/access gaiden chapters or will you will be recruiting all units?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the very useful map Gonzo. I think Wendy with Boots will have 7 move, which should be more than enough to cross the non-purple boxes.

I think arena abuse should be left at the challenge taker's discretion. Only resort to it if you're hopelessly stuck.

As for unit recruitment, before Chapter 8 you might as well get everyone to make getting there easier (if you're planning to go to Ilia which might be the better choice, maybe skip Sue and Shin?). After that, I'd consider only getting whoever's necessary, since some of those units need someone other than Roy to speak to them. Ray comes to my mind (shame since you'd miss out on a Nosferatu tome). Klein and Tate too, but they're pains to get and you won't have to worry about keeping their troops alive anymore since you won't need their promotion items.

Route-wise, Elphin and Ilia? Elphin gives an extra Angelic Robe and Ilia might be easier than Sacae for our dynamic duo and gets you Maltet a bit earlier (I'm not sure since I haven't reached that part of the game in my main playthrough).

Edited by serenethrowaway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...