So, uh... what's anime?

SullyMcGully

4 hours ago, unique said:

a bit back some friends of mine were telling me some anime i should watch and cowboy bebop and fullmetal alchemist brotherhood were like the two most recommended

but i checked netflix and neither were there (nor were most of the other things they recommended) and i ended up watching cowboy bebop through various streaming sites

that's how most people watch anime, honestly.  most official streaming sites besides crunchyroll are bad and less convenient!

41 minutes ago, Refa said:

that's how most people watch anime, honestly.  most official streaming sites besides crunchyroll are bad and less convenient!

i think the bigger problem is that they're not free

like i watched the first few episodes of cowboy bebop on the funimation site and it was pretty decent but it only let me watch up to like episode 3

generally I prefer to watch stuff on netflix but it doesn't seem like there's much anime on there

44 minutes ago, unique said:

i think the bigger problem is that they're not free

like i watched the first few episodes of cowboy bebop on the funimation site and it was pretty decent but it only let me watch up to like episode 3

yeah, that's definitely true.  an issue for me is that you have to pay for a premium service to get something of a lesser quality than a free service?  it's just dumb.  a lot of stuff on crunchyroll is free though!  anime saved forever, thanks obama.

Edited by Refa

2 minutes ago, Refa said:

a lot of stuff on crunchyroll is free though!

oh yeah I was just referring to other streaming sites like you mentioned before

crunchyroll's definitely the best option for most stuff on there

The Records of Lodoss War OVA series is a quick and digestible fantasy anime.  It's only 13 episodes. If you like medieval fantasy anything, it might be up your alley

Also if you like the concept of giant robots fighting each other/aliens you would do well to watch a couple Gundam shows, though they tend to be long (most of them have 50 episodes).