Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

Fun times ahead! Many old strats for Hard probably won't work against Infernal mode.

Feel free to discuss the GHB here and as ever, post any and all strats and teams used to defeat the maps.

Infernal map and unit stats:

Spoiler

iij5dGv.pngPHuF2Ud.pngnCscBIl.pngsuWrMJl.pnguJelm2n.pngkTdbduo.pngbC5bN0W.png

Edited by Raven

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as a reminder, Narcian can be found on Chapter 9 Part 2 as a normal enemy, and is available at level 40 on Lunatic difficulty.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to figure out how I'm going to burn through like 2 stamina potions before rage quitting Infernal... again.

Didn’t try Infernal yet, but I re-beat Narcian with Narcian with my previous team of 3⋆ Narcian (with Atk+1 seal), 5⋆ Michalis, Catria, and Palla.
Again, if the enemy Narcian initiates, player Narcian is then able to defeat him on player phase thanks to Vengeance.

The problem with this map setup is that the map helpfully gives you a choke point for your own use as long as you can start the fight.

And you can start the fight trivially with either a drag-back cavalry or a ranged unit who has reposition---smack the sword, dance the fight starter, and have the starter reposition the dancer out of the day. After that everyone just files in one by one to die.

You need some serious stat inflation for this map to be challenging, and the stat inflation simply wasn't that much. (My Olivia doing 0 damage to Narcian was amusing, though.)

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

The problem with this map setup is that the map helpfully gives you a choke point for your own use as long as you can start the fight.

And you can start the fight trivially with either a drag-back cavalry or a ranged unit who has reposition---smack the sword, dance the fight starter, and have the starter reposition the dancer out of the day. After that everyone just files in one by one to die.

You need some serious stat inflation for this map to be challenging, and the stat inflation simply wasn't that much. (My Olivia doing 0 damage to Narcian was amusing, though.)

Agreed. Even though my mages had to take a few hits to get down to their Desperation range, I was still able to win in only 3 battles (the first I lost because I didn't have a movement assist on my Eirika, the second I lost because I did a dumb and put my Ninian in the sight of the Green Mage Cav.

So... yeah, Draw Back play OP plz nerf, not all the crap they've been nerfing to the ground.

8 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I don't know what you guys are trying, but mine's not been that good.

You might have similar units to the ones I used, maybe I can like, help!

I had Male Robin attack the sword cause T-Adept does like, a ton of damage. Azura used her dance and Robin drew her back out of range with Celica and Nino standing on the right 

After that you just use positioning shenanigans to lure everyone! It's tooootally easy!

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

You might have similar units to the ones I used, maybe I can like, help!

I had Male Robin attack the sword cause T-Adept does like, a ton of damage. Azura used her dance and Robin drew her back out of range with Celica and Nino standing on the right 

After that you just use positioning shenanigans to lure everyone! It's tooootally easy!

4* Male Robin +1. +Atk -Res, has T-Adept 2.

4* Olivia +1 (?, possibly +2) +Spd -Def, I think. Ruby Sword, Fury, a few other skills.

5* Nino. +Spd -Res. Fury, not Life & Death.

5* Celica: +HP -Atk. Renewal.

...Can I make this?

Just now, phineas81707 said:

4* Male Robin +1. +Atk -Res, has T-Adept 2.

4* Olivia +1 (?, possibly +2) +Spd -Def, I think. Ruby Sword, Fury, a few other skills.

5* Nino. +Spd -Res. Fury, not Life & Death.

5* Celica: +HP -Atk. Renewal.

...Can I make this?

Male Robin might not have enough attack to kill the sword.... and he also needs sword breaker.

Azura never saw combat so that's  tooootally fine

My Nino is +Atk, but like, she also has Fury so it's good 

My Celica is Life and Death with like desperation, and she's also +Atk (and -Spd) not sure if it matters that much though

I think your only issue is like... Male Robin

Went with a flyer team of 4* Palla, 5* Valter, 5* Minerva and 5* Summer Corrin for infernal. Definitely needed positioning skills for this one as none of my units could 1RKO the infantry bow unit so I had Minerva weaken it, then used positioning skills to get out of the danger zone. After that it was pretty easy as Narcian moved straight down with Palla 2RKO him and then abusing the fact that my flyers could go over the mountains to seperate the units and pick them off one at a time 

2 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

Male Robin might not have enough attack to kill the sword.... and he also needs sword breaker.

Azura never saw combat so that's  tooootally fine

My Nino is +Atk, but like, she also has Fury so it's good 

My Celica is Life and Death with like desperation, and she's also +Atk (and -Spd) not sure if it matters that much though

I think your only issue is like... Male Robin

+1 gives him a point in Atk, so his offence matches Robin (F) and her Gronnraven+. Swordbreaker, I have a 4* Abel I might be able to use now. Depends on how precise the matchup is.

Nice, yes, but I'm also worried about AI manipulation. A T-A blue is different to a T-A red, especially here.

Depends on the buffs I get to pass around.

Here's the problem... Life & Death and +Atk is 11 Atk more than mine. It could be the case that my Lilina and her Death Blow blades might be enough to satisfy Celica's job...

See if you can give me a turn-by-turn, and I'll try it as soon as I can. My current priority is Narcian vs Narcian, so getting the 4* Narcian can make that more likely. (If I get the orb, I can do two summons tomorrow and that'll be the end of my attempts for Tana).

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

See if you can give me a turn-by-turn, and I'll try it as soon as I can. My current priority is Narcian vs Narcian, so getting the 4* Narcian can make that more likely. (If I get the orb, I can do two summons tomorrow and that'll be the end of my attempts for Tana).

For a turn by turn you'll have to wait until I, like, wake up which may not be for a while cause I'm tooootally sick right now and I should be sleeping lol

For now you'll just have to figure it out or like, wing it!

1 minute ago, Astolfo! said:

For a turn by turn you'll have to wait until I, like, wake up which may not be for a while cause I'm tooootally sick right now and I should be sleeping lol

For now you'll just have to figure it out or like, wing it!

I can wait. I don't really need Narcian for anything in particular- I have plenty of spares for Lancebreaker cluttering my box that just need feathers, and the 3* Narcian I have is trained.

Any tips on Narcian versus Narcian, anyway?

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Use the story mission for that if you're having trouble.

Would you believe me if I preferred the numbers and set up on the GHB anyway? 6 less stamina, too.

It's just that Narcian hits for like 8 damage.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Would you believe me if I preferred the numbers and set up on the GHB anyway? 6 less stamina, too.

Do you have Palla or Hinoka for Flyer Buffs? 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Do you have Palla or Hinoka for Flyer Buffs? 

Just Palla. I'm not sure whether I tried using her to produce that 8 (definitely did on the story mission for similar, if not lower, numbers).

Camus and I think Olivia were too useful to replace for another Goad. Though taking Olivia's Fury sounds helpful... see if I can not-overkill him.

The recording has no sound, but it's pretty straightforward.

I got lucky that Hector did exactly 46 damage to the blue cavalry mage, or this strategy would have completely failed. Vantage really showed up.

I'm not sure if this can be replicated with different units (Hector's role was pretty unique), but feel free to give it a shot and report back if it did.

Edited by Raven

6 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Palla’s Goad sgould be enough. You can slap Atk+1 on Narcian for assurance (as I did).
Let the enemy Narcian initiate and then finish him on player phase with Vengeance.

Edited by Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Palla’s Goad sgould be enough. You can slap Atk+1 on Narcian for assurance (as I did).
Let the enemy Narcian initiate and then finish him on player phase with Vengeance.

Oh, that assumes 4*, doesn't it... tell me ahead of time so I can actually train him in time?

13 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

I can wait. I don't really need Narcian for anything in particular- I have plenty of spares for Lancebreaker cluttering my box that just need feathers, and the 3* Narcian I have is trained.

Any tips on Narcian versus Narcian, anyway?

Narcian appears as a regular mob in 9-2 or something. (I just brought Reinhardt & weaponless Selena to do it---Reinhardt only deals damage with a special to Narcian, so it's easy to chip him down behind Selena after Rein exploded all the armors. After that, a level 40 Narcian should have no problem finishing off the 9-2 Narcian---mine was still 3*, though I'm going to train up the 4* now.)

This Grand Hero Battle has opened something up to me...

Narcian is the only unit with 4* Lancebreaker 3. Arthur, currently the only other unit with the skill, gets LB3 at 5*.

...which is bull, because the skill he does get at 4*, HP+5, is also available via Donnel at 4*.

Edited by Xenomata