Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Narcian appears as a regular mob in 9-2 or something. (I just brought Reinhardt & weaponless Selena to do it---Reinhardt only deals damage with a special to Narcian, so it's easy to chip him down behind Selena after Rein exploded all the armors. After that, a level 40 Narcian should have no problem finishing off the 9-2 Narcian---mine was still 3*, though I'm going to train up the 4* now.)

No Reyn. Not going to get one in time for the orb to be valuable.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Nope, my Narcian is still 3⋆.

Oh, so he doesn't need Vengeance, just Retribution? I'll need to top up the level, though...

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, phineas81707 said:

Oh, so he doesn't need Vengeance, just Retribution? I'll need to top up the level, though...

Ah, yes, Retribution. I always mix these two up. Retribution and Goad Fliers. And the Atk+1 seal for good measure.

Edited by Vaximillian

4 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

No Reyn. Not going to get one in time for the orb to be valuable.

Doesn't have to be Rein, I just mentioned him because he obliterates Wary Fighter armors---which the map has 3 of. Literally any ranged unit would do, so long as they: a, don't instagib Narcian, b, don't do 0 damage to Narcian.

Took me a couple of tries because I wanted to use Flier Emblem. Beat it with Palla, Cordelia, Michalis, and Summer Corrin. There was no real strategy. I basically played musical chairs around the map until I picked everyone off. #TopNotchStrategizing 

Well, that was much easier than Valter. Cleared with Nino/Olivia/Eirika/Cordelia.

Nino attacked the Sword Fighter, Olivia danced, Nino pulled her out of danger, Eirika moved into the forest next to Nino. EP happened. Olivia moved down, Nino drew her back, Eirika sat in front of Narcian and laughed. Cordelia sat two squares below the forest in the centre to bait the Bow Fighter. EP happened again.Nino moved right 2, Eirika moved next to her, Olivia moved below her, Cordelia moved down. On EP, Narcian ran away to rally Bow Cavalier, who failed to kill Eirika. Eirika attacks Bow Cavalier with Iceberg, Nino kills Bow Cavalier, Olivia dances Eirika, who Pivots to safety, and Cordelia draws Olivia back. Blue Cavalier commits suicide on EP, leaving the Green Cavalier and low-HP Sword FIghter to die to Nino with dance assist. Bow Fighter is too far back to assist Narcian, so he dies like a chump, then Eirika, Cordelia, and Nino team up to take out the Bow FIghter.

Seconding the call to nerf Draw Back

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Took me a couple of tries because I wanted to use Flier Emblem. Beat it with Palla, Cordelia, Michalis, and Summer Corrin. There was no real strategy. I basically played musical chairs around the map until I picked everyone off. #TopNotchStrategizing 

How did you start? My buffed S!Camilla misses 2 ATK to deal with the infantry archer, who covers pretty much everything. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

How did you start? My buffed S!Camilla misses 2 ATK to deal with the infantry archer, who covers pretty much everything. 

I used Cordelia to attack him. She has Hit and Run. So she attacked, didn't kill him and slid back. Corrin repositioned  her after that. After that, everyone came after me, and I ran around. It's really easy to get cornered by the archers though. 

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I used Cordelia to attack him. She has Hit and Run. So she attacked, didn't kill him and slid back. Corrin repositioned  her after that. After that, everyone came after me, and I ran around. It's really easy to get cornered by the archers though. 

Ah ok. I didn't want to sacrifice my last hit and Run fodder for one map, but had some spare Fury to give to Camilla. After killing that archer it was like you said: Fly out of reach and take out the opponents one by one. 

Since my team contains rare units (Hinoka, Corrin & Camilla), i don't post a step by step guide. If someone got the same team, he will have an easy time after taking out the infantry archer. 

Bridelia/Xander/Olivia/Delthea

Bride did most of the work, Xander was a reposition bot, Delthea helped a bit, Olivia danced and tanked Narcian for a turn.

Burnt a stamina potion because I wasted a lot rushing through this one but pretty easy. Probably had the units to cheese it, but lacked sleep and just wanted to get through it.

Done and done.

Alright, I cleared Infernal with what is quickly becoming my main content clearing team of Reinhardt, Klein, Nino and Olivia.

A mage with draw back and a dancer can make quick work of the sword unit while retreating to safety, and after that it's a matter of killing stuff as it comes to you.

The quests were cleared by replacing Nino with Anna/Narcian on Hard difficulty. I could have done the kill quests on chapter 9-2, but this was faster and still doable.

So, I may have stomped Infernal with Fliers (incl. 2 -blade tomes). I may try something more interesting later, idk. It depends on if any ideas hit me.

Quests were completed on Hard with 5* Julia, Cordelia, and Anna, plus 4* Narcian. There was significant inheritance involved, but the core of it was: Cordelia rushed the Brave Bow and got out with a combination of Hit and Run and Draw Back (Julia). Then Anna tanked enemy Narcian for a turn, leaving him with 8 HP (she has Fury). She could then 1) take the KO for herself or 2) let allied Narcian take it...he deals 8 damage with the Atk +1 Seal as a 4*.

Nowi has no trouble taking the first round of combat at the choke (no Fortify Dragons because of Panic Ploy), and the rest is just baiting with whichever dragon has triangle advantage after that.

The choke basically works in your favor if you can clear the first turn or kill a unit to trigger the AI.

I wonder if it's possible to do another Peri-only clear.

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Nowi has no trouble taking the first round of combat at the choke (no Fortify Dragons because of Panic Ploy), and the rest is just baiting with whichever dragon has triangle advantage after that.

The choke basically works in your favor if you can clear the first turn or kill a unit to trigger the AI.

I wonder if it's possible to do another Peri-only clear.

With that Emerald Axe? Good luck to you.

56 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My Nowi isn't +Spd, so she gets doubled by the Archer, even with Fury. The Special activation kills her.

^My Nowi can't resist the archer either.

Finally cleared it, pretty easy!  A usual, ended up switching Reinhardt with S!Lucina, who makes everything easier with her speed. Once I figured out how to take her out of the danger zone first turn (she doesn't have reposition/drawback) I could beat it with no trouble, At the end went with S!Lucina/Nino/Lyn(w/drawback)/Olivia, all 5* but Olivia.

Cleared it with M!Robin/Julia/Ike/Sakura. Robin killed the first swordie as Julia pulled him back. After that, it was completed with very careful movement assists and retreating as necessary.

2 hours ago, phineas81707 said:

With that Emerald Axe? Good luck to you.

Narcian Rallies the bow fighter from below, putting him in position to be baited by Tiki.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

My Nowi isn't +Spd, so she gets doubled by the Archer, even with Fury. The Special activation kills her.

54 minutes ago, Zinnia said:

^My Nowi can't resist the archer either.

Huh. Interesting. The blue knight moves first for me and blocks the square, preventing the bow fighter from attacking (the bow fighter can't kill her in one round due to merges).

You might be able to use Spur Def on Nowi to tank the archer and Rally Atk/Hone Atk on her to lower her Atk (since she'll get hit by Panic Ploy) and reduce the damage from the bow fighter's Reprisal so that the blue knight tries to attack first. After all, she doesn't need to kill anything, just tank the round.

After that, you just book it out of the choke and pick them off as they funnel through.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Narcian Rallies the bow fighter from below, putting him in position to be baited by Tiki.

Wasn't that referring to the Peri run?

Anyway, I beat Narcian with Narcian (on the story map, eventually). That one orb is crucial to my hopes and dreams...

Had an easy time with Xander/Reinhardt/Cecilia, plus Ninian dancing. Reinhardt blasted the sword guy and retreated out of range, then everyone just picked off the enemies as they approached.

Interesting that they skipped Lunatic straight to Infernal, but it's understandable.

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Wasn't that referring to the Peri run?

It's probably possible to chip him down with Firesweep Lance+ and Draconic Aura (or an AoE special skill to break Earth Boost), but the bigger problem is the severe lack of space to move around, which might cause me problems setting up Wings of Mercy.

Maybe I can use Drag Back for positioning?

Cleared Infernal with a team of Eirika/Nino/Azura/Narcian.  Narcian never had to enter combat, and was used to flutter around the mountains to lure the green mage away from the pack until I was ready to deal with him.  As a celebration...

ZRLzkmI.png

Beat it with full-on waifu emblem of Camilla, S Camilla, Cordelia, and Bride Cordelia.

I wanted to beat it with Camilla on the team since she was who carried me through when Narcian originally came out. Took a couple tries since I didn't try horses or any mages and kept trying to initiate by killing the archer next to Narcian first. Cordelia with some buffs and Goad Fliers from S Camilla was able to fly in and quad hit kill him, then get Repositioned out. All the other units had to go the long away around while Narcian backed up to keep rallying them lol When the got closer down B Cordelia and regular Cordelia bodied everything on the same turn but Narcian, who Camilla tanked a hit from and B Cordelia finished him off the turn after.

Was satisfying to clear with favorites and not a dancer/horses/Reinhardt(if I had him (my -atk one doesn't exist))

Edited by Alkaid

Beat Infernal with Michilas(Goad Fly), Palla(Goad Fly), Summer Corrin(Iote Sheild +Def Seal), and Wrys (Atk Ploy Seal) Neutral Corrin can with 1 HP left kill the first Archer on player phase (with the active atk ploy on the first turn) turn then Palla kills Narcain and then Corrin tanks and kills the Second Archer after that it is pretty straight forward.