Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

Supposed to be an anti cavalry map due to Zanbato and Panic Ploys everywhere, but that didn't stop me from doing so with Reinhardt, Clarine, Cecilia and Xander. Cecilia with Hone Cavalry, Rein with Goad and Clarine and Xander with Ward to improve Cecilia's defenses.

Rein clears zanbato fighter, Cecilia repos him and gets ward stack and goad. She eats reprisal hit but leaves archer with 9 hp. I fall back two squares and heal her with martyr. She one rounds the bow archer and then we fall back while Clarine tanks the blue mage and gravitys him. On the other side, xander baits narcian and finishes him off next phase. Xander stays there to bonfire counterkill the green cav while the blue cav with 1 mov is unable to reach him. The rest is cecilia clearing the blue cav and the archer.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Marston said:

Do I win something for beating normal mode with 2* heroes only? Used Alfonse, Sharena, Anna and Virion, level 39-40. xD

Only the first clear reward. Quest rewards are obtainable by beating him at least in Hard Mode GHB.

Just now, Quintessence said:

Only the first clear reward. Quest rewards are obtainable by beating him at least in Hard Mode GHB.

Nope, 2 quests can be done on normal mode (using Anna and killing him with Anna). At least I already finished one. xD

1 minute ago, Marston said:

Nope, 2 quests can be done on normal mode (using Anna and killing him with Anna). At least I already finished one. xD

Oh lol. I thought it was only hard mode because I just clear the harder difficulties to get all the rewards, or most of them, in one or two clears.

1 minute ago, GuiltyLove said:

Took me three tries because I was trying to figure out how to start the match and also reposition myself after killing someone

I used all fliers, of course. Same team as the one vs Valter~

Glad to see it took you less tries then against Valter at the very least :P

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

I sort of wanted to use Valter but I decided against it bc he wasn't completely built up

But wouldn't that mean using him instead of your Catria?

How can you still say you cleared it if you didn't use your Catria?

Took a few tries but I cleared Narcian's infernal map using Xander, Reinhardt, Olivia, and Bride Cordelia.

Xander: weakened the Infernal-only bow cavalier and killed the green cavalier

Reinhardt: killed the Zanbato fighter and archer and finished off the bow cavalier

Bride Cordelia: killed the blue cavalier

Olivia: killed Narcian

2 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

I just need an all blue team

Catria Valter S. Corrin Tana

Too bad I don't have Tana D:

You'd use an all blue team against Narcian...

I'd be perfectly willing to let you borrow my Tana for this, but I still need to train her up. It would be pretty cool if you pulled it off.

Infernal was pretty easy, I did it with a Flyer Emblem team of Est, Cherche, Summer Corrin, and 4* Palla. Est has Hit & Run, so I had her attack the archer to initiate the battle, and then one of her teammates moved her to safety. When Narcian starts coming down, have Palla tank him. I think I didn't position her well, since I don't think she had the Hone Flyer buff from Est, but it didn't really matter. She tanked him, hit him again on my turn, and Cherche finished him off.

After that, it really was just a matter of traversing over the mountains while the enemy runs uselessly up and down the left side of the map. Pick off enemies when you can do so safely. I'm sure this approach could be implemented with a wide range of flyers.

8 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Took me a couple of tries because I wanted to use Flier Emblem. Beat it with Palla, Cordelia, Michalis, and Summer Corrin. There was no real strategy. I basically played musical chairs around the map until I picked everyone off. #TopNotchStrategizing 

This is what I did too! Was pretty fun, eh?

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ah ok. I didn't want to sacrifice my last hit and Run fodder for one map, but had some spare Fury to give to Camilla. After killing that archer it was like you said: Fly out of reach and take out the opponents one by one. 

Since my team contains rare units (Hinoka, Corrin & Camilla), i don't post a step by step guide. If someone got the same team, he will have an easy time after taking out the infantry archer. 

Looks like a few people pretty much had the same idea!

Unfortunately, 3* Narcian does exactly zero damage against the Narcian in 9-2.  I guess I'll have to promote him to 4* after all. 

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I used yorotsruuu’s strategy:

The units are 5⋆ Ursula, 4⋆ Olivia, Michalis, and Wrys. (I used 5⋆ Michalis, nothing changed).

Can it be done with a 4 star ursula?

Kill Narcian with Anna was huge pain in ass. It took me 5 attempts, before I found that my palla needs freeking iron sword and completely remove Deathblow to spare him. What kind of GHB it is that most difficult part is not kill boss?!

I hope Narcian can deal such damage too.

Edited by Tenzen12

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Unfortunately, 3* Narcian does exactly zero damage against the Narcian in 9-2.  I guess I'll have to promote him to 4* after all. 

Seal Def? Threaten Def? Goad Fliers? Hone Fliers? Spur Atk? Drive Atk? Hone Atk?

Edited by Ice Dragon

@phineas81707 for you~

It turns out Celica tooootally doesn't even like, do anything in the map!

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have a method to do all 3 orb quests in one shot if you're, like, interested~

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Seal Def? Threaten Def? Goad Fliers? Hone Fliers? Spur Atk? Drive Atk? Hone Atk?

True, I'm tired, and didn't think of Flier Emblem.  I'll have to try that.

After trying (and failing) to use Satsuma's strategy, I somehow beat infernal in one try after getting ideas from Othin's post. And my Cecilia is 4-star >_>

Horses too OP

23 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Do you have any of the free units still? You could do something like what Mkv. did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RFfHWPMtrc.

16 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

This man is a goddamn genius.

Or insanely stubborn. :p

I bet you could replicate it with any healer with Pain, Rehabilitate, and Spur Def 2 or 3 if you don't have Priscilla. Maybe Threaten Atk could work.

Here's another infernal strategy using only 4* units: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mW3eayKnl5E.

Team of Michalis with a HP +3/Squad Ace A seal, neutral Olivia with a Attack +1 seal, +Atk, -Res Wrys with Heavenly Light equipped, and Zephiel with a HP +3/Squad Ace A seal. I don't think Wrys's boon/bane matters since he isn't there for attacking.

Edited by Kaden