Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

22 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

After trying (and failing) to use Satsuma's strategy, I somehow beat infernal in one try after getting ideas from Othin's post. And my Cecilia is 4-star >_>

Horses too OP

What went wrong?

3 minutes ago, Astolfo! said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy

This is the beginning of our smear campaign against you

Ya frickin' fraud

It's not my fault you guys don't have glorious 5* Gronnraven F!Robin....

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What went wrong?

The lack of bowbreaker on female Robin. I kept her innate blue tomebreaker and never got around to giving her one of my spare bowbreakers. Being able to double the bow knight when you did was apparently a key part of not getting overwhelmed and thinning out the crowd, because she can't survive a hit from the green mage. Also, my Lucina couldn't double Narcian but I just switched her with Alfonse (who has axebreaker) and that worked out fine enough.

EDIT: I mean, it's possible that it could've still worked without bowbreaker, but at the moment my units weren't positioned right to get each other out of trouble, or weren't able to take out all of the enemies safely.

Edited by Sunwoo

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Okay, this is hilarious.

Very cool run, too bad Zephiel has to be 5*. I bet if I tried something similar, I would have forgotten to heal Zephiel on turn 90-ish.

3 hours ago, Astellius said:

[...]

Looks like a few people pretty much had the same idea!

I used my flier team to clear some of the chain challenge maps earlier. I didn't even think about who could handle that map better, just tried it (several times though...). 

They are quite fun to play. Too bad hone fliers is such a rare skill. Also my second flier squad would profit greatly from it. 

1 hour ago, Lushen said:

Can people who have cleared it and baited / killed the archer first post who did it?  I can't seem to do this map right now.  Might wait till CYL units come out.

I had Valter with Hit and Run attack (but not kill) the archer, then Ninian danced him so he could get out of harm's way. Narcian proceeded to go down through the mountains and get killed by Xander, then all of the other enemies made their way left through the choke point. I cleared it with Valter, Ninian, Xander, and Julia. Had to do quite a bit of positioning play so that my characters were both out of danger and next to Ninian for the Hone Atk buff, as Julia couldn't OHKO certain enemies without it.

Edited by Sproutling
Clarity

24 minutes ago, Sproutling said:

I had Valter with Hit and Run attack (but not kill) the archer, then Ninian danced him so he could get out of harm's way. Narcian proceeded to go down through the mountains and get killed by Xander, then all of the other enemies made their way left through the choke point. I cleared it with Valter, Ninian, Xander, and Julia. Had to do quite a bit of positioning play so that my characters were both out of danger and next to Ninian for the Hone Atk buff, as Julia couldn't OHKO certain enemies without it.

Didn't think about hit and run, that might work.

5 hours ago, Marston said:

Do I win something for beating normal mode with 2* heroes only? Used Alfonse, Sharena, Anna and Virion, level 39-40. xD

Points of style, a whole bunch of them.

4 hours ago, Thany said:

Can it be done with a 4 star ursula?

I doubt it. Doesn’t hurt to try, I guess.

Man they really stepped this battle up. I can't cheese it with Camilla anymore. Regardless I managed to beat it with Cecilia, Ike, Julia, and Palla. Palla has Iotes shield which allowed her to bait an archer to start them moving. Then I had to wait for most of the units to come down the choke while I had Ike with quick riposte waiting to Kill Narcian. After that was done I had to kill the rest of the units. Cecilia Lured the archer cavalier and Killed it with raven tome, Triangle adept and bow breaker. Julia then moves in to Kill the blue mage cavalier. Ike then switches places with her to take the damage from the sword infantry. While The green cavalier attacks Julia. This leaves them both the sword and the green mage almost dead. So Ike kills the cavalier and Julia and Cecilia Kill the red mage. Afterwards Cecilia moves into the archers range takes the hits and kill him on the next turn. Palla did a bunch of drag back stuff throughout but I can't remember exactly when at the moment.

Well, this is interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQOM9VvUnG8.

An infernal Narcian strategy using +Atk, -Res 4* Palla with Spur Speed 2 equipped, +Atk, -HP 3* Raigh with an Atk Ploy 1 seal, 4* Sharena with an Atk +1 seal, and +Spd, -Res 4* Subaki with HP +3 seal. Subaki cannot be -Def or -HP or else the archer will kill him. I think you could do this with a =Atk 4* Palla and =Atk 4* Raigh. =Atk 3* Raigh and -Atk 4* Raigh probably won't cut it.

Edited by Kaden

4 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Kill Narcian with Anna was huge pain in ass. It took me 5 attempts, before I found that my palla needs freeking iron sword and completely remove Deathblow to spare him. What kind of GHB it is that most difficult part is not kill boss?!

I hope Narcian can deal such damage too.

My 4★ lvl 40 Anna one-rounded Normal Narcian.

A 3★ lvl 40 Narcian with Goad Fliers (and possibly Atk+1 seal) can finish off Hard Narcian in player phase if he initiated.

2 hours ago, Lushen said:

Can people who have cleared it and baited / killed the archer first post who did it?  I can't seem to do this map right now.  Might wait till CYL units come out.

Okay~!

See, the archer has G Tomebreaker, but lowish Res.  So if I couldn't have Camilla tank, I decided that she'd OHKO the guy instead.  Thus, the team (with important skills/natures listed):

S. Camilla (TA3 Raven+, Rally Attack, Atk +1 seal)
Palla (Smite, Goad Fliers)
Catria (Goad Fliers)
Leon (+Atk, Brave Bow+, Shove, Bonfire, DB3, Swordbreaker, Hone Atk 3)

Next, I'll link my old clear, way back when I was a lot more persistent.  The relevant "picture" is the first one - the Gordin-Shove strategy still works, to an extent.  I had Spring Camilla camp out two below and one to the left of the G Tomebreaker archer, Leon to her left, Palla directly in line with said archer (and out of his way), and Catria below Camilla.  On the next turn, I had Leon Shove Camilla directly below the archer, while Catria moved two spaces up.  With double Goad Fliers and a full Hone Attack, Camilla can one-shot the archer (a +Atk Spring Camilla only needs one Goad Fliers to pull this off).  Since Catria is in range of the blue mage, he'll attack her, but she's amazing enough not to die.  Camilla can facetank Narcian and counter-kill the second archer (dunno if +Def is necessary, but it was definitely helpful).  After that, Camilla flies back to Leon and uses Rally Attack, which gives him enough firepower to ORKO Narcian (this requires +Atk, or Leon will be short by one damage).  Palla then used Smite to get him closer to the sword guy.  On the next turn, Sword Guy goes down because Swordbreaker, and Leon is in range of the blue mage.  However, both horse mages are stupid-slow, so Leon can safely facetank the blue one.  Thanks to the series of attacks (2 on Narcian, 3 on bow guy, 1 on blue mage, 1 counter), Leon's Bonfire is at 1.  This means that Spring Camilla can obliterate the blue mage, and Leon can attack the green one to end the map (otherwise -raven murders him).

tl;dr: Leon is amazing.

43 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Okay~!

See, the archer has G Tomebreaker, but lowish Res.  So if I couldn't have Camilla tank, I decided that she'd OHKO the guy instead.  Thus, the team (with important skills/natures listed):

S. Camilla (TA3 Raven+, Rally Attack, Atk +1 seal)
Palla (Smite, Goad Fliers)
Catria (Goad Fliers)
Leon (+Atk, Brave Bow+, Shove, Bonfire, DB3, Swordbreaker, Hone Atk 3)

Next, I'll link my old clear, way back when I was a lot more persistent.  The relevant "picture" is the first one - the Gordin-Shove strategy still works, to an extent.  I had Spring Camilla camp out two below and one to the left of the G Tomebreaker archer, Leon to her left, Palla directly in line with said archer (and out of his way), and Catria below Camilla.  On the next turn, I had Leon Shove Camilla directly below the archer, while Catria moved two spaces up.  With double Goad Fliers and a full Hone Attack, Camilla can one-shot the archer (a +Atk Spring Camilla only needs one Goad Fliers to pull this off).  Since Catria is in range of the blue mage, he'll attack her, but she's amazing enough not to die.  Camilla can facetank Narcian and counter-kill the second archer (dunno if +Def is necessary, but it was definitely helpful).  After that, Camilla flies back to Leon and uses Rally Attack, which gives him enough firepower to ORKO Narcian (this requires +Atk, or Leon will be short by one damage).  Palla then used Smite to get him closer to the sword guy.  On the next turn, Sword Guy goes down because Swordbreaker, and Leon is in range of the blue mage.  However, both horse mages are stupid-slow, so Leon can safely facetank the blue one.  Thanks to the series of attacks (2 on Narcian, 3 on bow guy, 1 on blue mage, 1 counter), Leon's Bonfire is at 1.  This means that Spring Camilla can obliterate the blue mage, and Leon can attack the green one to end the map (otherwise -raven murders him).

tl;dr: Leon is amazing.

Damn that's brilliant.  Didn't think her attack would get high enough.  Time to grind Pallas.

@Astolfo! Thanks, it worked! ...Mostly. I needed to inherit Draw Back for it, and Celica actually killed the green mage rather than Nino (my Nino is -Res, which bit me).

Robin's lower Atk was actually still enough to kill the swordie... by one point. Good thing he was merged!

5 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

@Astolfo! Thanks, it worked! ...Mostly. I needed to inherit Draw Back for it, and Celica actually killed the green mage rather than Nino (my Nino is -Res, which bit me).

Robin's lower Atk was actually still enough to kill the swordie... by one point. Good thing he was merged!

Always a pleasure to help, friend :)

nstyler's strat for Infernal Narcian (F2P but uses 5* Camus and requires clearing Squad Assault 1 and participating in the August Tempest Trials)

4* F2P no-SI Infernal clear (Michalis, Zephiel, Wrys, Olivia) (requires Atk +1 and HP +3 seals and completion of Squad Assault 1)

Edited by Roflolxp54

Managed to do this with a Lyn Team + Olivia. A few things here to not is that my Brave Lyn doesn't have all her main skills unlocked, gave her Quicken Pulse to allow her to get Dragonic Aura before Narcian gives the Atk/Spd buff to the red infantry unit, and also gave her Reposition to move Olivia out of the attack range. My regular Lyn is a +1, but the only things she gained from the merge was +1 HP & Speed, Olivia does have Wings of Mercy 2, but not even necessary to use. It was pretty fun to use this team.

I was able to do the infernal version. My team was Gray (+atk/-res), Olivia (only there for dancing reasons), Priscilla (only there for her rehabilitate), and CYL Lyn. It involves first killing Narcian and the zanbato sword fighter with CYL Lyn and having Gray wall the ranged horses.

Edited by Poimagic

Finally managed to beat Narcian Infernal with M!Robin (5* +Att/-Res), Gray (5* +Def/-Att), Clarine (4* +Spd/-Res) and Olivia (4* +Res/-Spd)

Olivia sadly needed more speed for this map, so I had to give her the speed seal and Speed +2 to ensure she survived a hit she had to soak later on (So, Neutral 4* Olivia works fine). Aside from that, M!Robin has Bowbreaker 2, Reposition and Resistance seal, Olivia has nothing else relevant, Gray has Hone Attack 3, Vantage 3 (irrelevant to the map), Bonfire and Breath of Life seal and Clarine has Rehabilitate, Renewal 2, Fortify Res 2 and carries Spur Def 1 seal. M!Robin also needs +Att and Hone Attack 3 from an ally to 2-shot the sword infantry without Triangle Adept. Everything else is default skillwise (Or might as well be)

So I started by having M!Robin attack the sword infantry, Olivia danced him out and he repositions her so that the enemies can move with them out of range. Next turn I proceed to beat the sword infantry and move M!Robin and Olivia back with the same strategy, while Gray moves onto the tree before the mountains to face Narcian. Narcian attacks Gray and causes damage to the rest of the party, while the rest of the enemy moves to the column. On the next turn, M!Robin moves in front of the enemy column to the northwest of Gray, Gray defeats Narcian after Olivia dances for him and Clarine heals M!Robin. The enemy is now ordered from the top as Green Mage, Archer, Blue mage and Bow Knight after attacking M!Robin and Clarine. The next turn, I retreat back to get M!Robin and Clarine out as both have taken damage, M!Robin pulling back, repositioning Clarine and gets danced by Olivia who he repositions out of range. Sadly Gray and M!Robin are both in range of the Bowknight, so I heal M!Robin with Clarine and Gray has to take damage that round. Then M!Robin beats the bow knight, Gray moves in to attack the Blue Mage and Olivia dances him so that Gray can finish. Because M!Robin was also damaged, I make the choice to have Gray healed before he moves and now Gray and Olivia are in the way. The archer attacks Olivia once (Hence why I gave her the seal), and then I can mop up the two enemies left on player phase.

No other relevant seals (barring Gray with Breath of Life I think, but that would have been irrelevant: Clarine survived with greater than 3 HP after she was attacked)

Yeah this map on infernal was rather annoying. At first I tried my armors.  Finally I used my -spd/+res Summer Robin, who I assumed I would never legit use. Hector and Amelia couldn't hold the Line, but ol' Robin managed with 2HP left. Didn't even need the HP Seal. 39/30/32 Blue is apparently juuuust enough to pull it off.  No Zeph and I don't have any Iote's shield so I can't try any of those methods. No Spring Camilla either. Basically the only way I could see to manage was with the wall method. So, I guess I am glad for my kinda crappy Summer Robin?

Beat Infernal with a horse team of Camus, Xander, Rein (-Hp/+Res) and Priscilla (neutral). The only inheritances were Swap and Lancebreaker 1 for Camus (which ended up never being used) and Moonbow for Rein (which ended up only being used once). As for seals, i kinda... forgot about them? I guess Rein had Atk+1, but that's about it.

Camus and Priscilla were the main heroes - Camus baited/countered everyone (thank you Grani's Shield for covering that Cavalry weakness) while Priscilla healed and provided Spur Def. Both Rein and Xander did little - Rein was mostly for Goad Cavalry, and later he killed the blue cav once he was softened by Camus' Rising Thunder. Xander killed Narcian and the green cav.

I think Cecilia would've worked better than Rein, as she could've killed that blue cav without Moonbow, but +4 SPD from Goad Cavalry were crucial.

Also, hooray me for clearing Infernal for the first time.

Edited by Kruggov

At first I thought Infernal was unwinnable until I saw PM1's video.  Basically, you attaq the sword infantry with mage, then dance, then use reposition.  Have Hector/Zephiel/etc tank the rest of the units, while providing healing coverage.  The unit you attaq the infantry unit with should also be able to oneshot Narcian.

My team: Hector (w/ Vantage 3), Tharja with Reposition, Olivia, and Lachesis with Physic/Imbue.