Grand Hero Battle: Narcian - Now with Abyssal

Raven

Sry for the late upload, but work

anyway Askrtrio & Fjorm vs Narcian infernal

Only Skill inheritance used: 3x Reciprocal Aid
Seals: most comon ones, Atk+2 on Alfonse, Smoke Atk 3 on Fjorm, Spd +3 on Anna and Drive def 1 on Sharena

Enjoy!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After the misery that was Xander yesterday, I'll have to see how this goes.

Flier Emblem: 5* Witch!Nowi, Newzura, Newmilla, Valter (Same as for the Xander quests)

My failed attempt had Witch!Nowi actually 1-round the archer. What I did instead was have her attack, then force the enemy to start kiting, taking out whoever I could safely separate until all that was left was the sword infantry. The GHB clearing duo roll on.

Cavalry Emblem: 5* Sigurd (Reposition, Glimmer, Atk Smoke 1 Seal), L'Arachel (Hone Cav 3, BoL Seal 3), Cecilia (Greentome Breaker 3, Hone Cav 3, Drag Back, Draconic Aura, Drive Def Seal 1), B!Lyn (Swap, SAA 5 Seal 1)

Had to redo once or twice to get the first step figured out. To start, I have a boosted L'Arachel 1-round the infantry, then gets repositioned by Sigurd, who has to tank the blue mage who doubles him (Thanks DD3 seal!). I pull everyone back, let Cecilia tank the bow user and everyone is pulled back. She also tanks the blue mage, while everyone else moves in. At this point, Narcian start moving for the party separately from the others, so Sigurd is given to tank the . Sigurd then tanks for 0 damage and 1-rounds Narcian, while the others move in for us. Lyn 1-shots the green mage and Sigurd and L'Arachel take out the archer. 

Armour Emblem: 

Not figured out yet, have to get that first bait sorted.

Infantry Emblem: 5* M!Robin (BowBreaker 3, Reposition, SAA 4 Seal), Sonya (GTomebreaker 3, Drag Back, Atk Ploy 2 Seal), BridLyn (Spd +3, Hone Spd 3, BoL Seal 3), 4* +2 Olivia (Spd +2, Wings of Mercy 3, Luna)

Actually did first try, though it had the advantage of being based off my strat from the last time. Thanks to Res Ploy from Sonya, I think M!Robin can kill the sword in two hits without Hone Atk, though I still used it, encouraged the funnelling of the enemy and proceeded to snipe or bait the mages and archers as needed. The mounted bow is baited, then M!Robin is moved back so Sonya baits the blue mage. From there, I retreat so as to allow the others to move closer and take the blue mage out next EP. After that, I pull back again and on the next player phase M!Robin takes out the sniper and Sonya the green mage when they get close enough and she takes enough damage that Olivia can use WoM to teleport in and move everyone out of Narcian's way. She tanks and then finishes Narican in player phase, ending the map. Easier than last time.

I've been using F2P guides to do armor and flier quests, so nothing to note for Narcian's GHB. Pretty lazy with infantry quests as well. Anyway, I decided to figure out the cavalry quest after checking some videos on who to target: the sword infantry.

Cavalry quest done with 5* Camus, 5* Eliwood (+Atk, -Res), 5* Titania (+Res, -Atk), and 5* Ursula. Basically Phoenixmaster1's strategy, but with Camus in place of Cecilia and Titania in place of Gunter in terms of units. For skill inheritance and seals, Camus has Reposition, Vantage 3, and a Distant Def 3 seal, Eliwood has Blazing Durandal, Reposition, Draconic Aura, and a Drive Def 2 seal, Titania has Glacies and Hone Cavalry, and Ursula has Keen Blarwolf+, Reposition, Fortify Cavalry, and a Spd+1 seal -- this can be substituted with anything else that gives Ursula at least +1 speed like a speed refined Keen Blarwolf+.

The map begins by positioning Ursula just out of range in the left pathway with Titania under her to buff her with Hone Cavalry, Camus below Titania and just in range to reposition Ursula, and Eliwood at the bottom. Ursula with a Spd+1 seal and Hone Cavalry (+6 Spd) has 39 speed allowing her to double the sword infantry taking him out. After she does that, Camus repositions her out and Eliwood and Titania move about so that Eliwood can provide Ward Cavalry and Drive Def 2 buffs to Camus. Narcian moves down to rally the infantry archer putting him in range where Eliwood can bait him. I think it was the infantry archer since the blue cavalry mage would have taken much more damage and would have died if Narcian didn't rally them. Well, Camus tanks a hit, the other enemies start to move down, and because I left Eliwood under the infantry archer with Titania buffing him with Hone Cavalry, he was panicked and if it wasn't him, then the green cavalry mage possibly did that. On this player phase, Eliwood moves in to bait Narcian and I think I just pulled everyone back since I could have had Ursula one-shot the cavalry archer, but then it would have been a hassle to try to get her out or something. Anyway, Narcian survives attacking Eliwood. Assuming Eliwood was panicked, he would have had 47 attack, +4 higher than Narcian's, and would have done 24 + 38 = 62 damage. Yeah, that sounds about right. If I hadn't had Eliwood be buffed with Hone Cavalry, then Eliwood would have done 33 + 48 = 81 damage. It didn't really matter since Eliwood's job was to let Camus survive and deal with Narcian who was basically dead on the following player phase.

This is the part where it got weird and stupid. So, the cavalry archer is at the head of the line with his fellow goons behind him and they're in in front of Titania, Ursula, and Camus. At this point I thought I screwed up and didn't know if I could take them out without getting anyone killed. Ursula could one-shot the cavalry archer, but I think I had Titania smack him just because. After Ursula does that, Camus repositions her out. Titania is left in the enemy's range and I figured the blue cavalry mage would move back so the green cavalry mage or infantry archer could hit her. Apparently the green cavalry mage has Axebreaker, so that would have made it worse. Well, he didn't and he just hit her doing no damage. Okay, so I decide to end my turn doing nothing just to see what would happen and if I could figure out a way to position the others so I could take the remaining enemies safely. Enemy phase begins and the green cavalry mage decides to get in front of Titania. I have Titania smack him, he leaves, and the infantry archer stands right in front of Titania who smacks him. So, it starts a loop of the archer and the green cavalry mage going in and out letting Titania slowly chip away at the archer who she wouldn't have even done actual damage to without activating Glacies and Camus's Goad Cavalry. When the infantry archer's health was low enough, I had Ursula finish him off and Camus reposition Ursula out. Then the green cavalry mage died and Camus or Titania could have finished off the blue cavalry mage. I had Camus do it since he had much less SP than Titania.

I love how tanky Titania can be against blues and that she can stall out enemies with Guard, but I'm not sure if had she not had Guard, would the enemies have decided to position themselves so they could activate a special on her? Then again, she would have died to the green cavalry mage without a Fortify Cavalry buff since he would have done 23x2 to her and Titania only has 37 HP, but that didn't happen because the blue cavalry mage was hellbent on attacking her.

Edited by Kaden

@Zeo Nice! Love the music you used.

Also Matthew just tanking the Raven mage is cool. So good to see Matthew just working out for you

Did the Fliers team today. Don't really feel like trying the others today after last night's summoning/arena frustration.

Main team- Cherche with Iote's shield seal, Skyzura, Firesweep Cordelia and unbuilt Elincia. Was a bit worried but then I forgot about how fliers love mountains. Hardest part was getting Cherche to bait the archer the first turn- she was left with 3 HP (and later 1 thanks to Narcian's Savage Blow).  Thank goodness for Iote's shield though, otherwise baiting would be annoying.  Elincia moves to the right to quickly delete Narcian. Drag Back really helps as well when Cherche and Cordelia initiates attacks, and yes, it was fun to see cavalry running up and down to chase the fliers.

Second team- Hinoka with Iote's shield, Skyzura, Cherche and Elincia+1. This map just makes you love the buffs Hinoka got with her new weapon. It's great that I don't need Flier Formation on Azura when she can just warp next to Hinoka! Small hiccup was I meant to bait archer with Hinoka (with Fort, Hone AND Goad buffs plus weapon buffs), but instead it was the mage cavalry that initiated. She still survived at least and it was easy cleaning up then- Elincia is great at dealing with Narcian.

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo Nice! Love the music you used.

Also Matthew just tanking the Raven mage is cool. So good to see Matthew just working out for you.

He's doing all this at +4 without summoner support and he's neutral. That's what's nuts. He's just worth it man. He will be +10'ed no matter how many Wrys, Azamas, Setsunas and Virions the game throws at me.

Raven mages can be dealt with to an extent depending on the circumstances. At this point the only thing that can hard counter him is Daggerbreaker, Reinhardt and a TA Raven tome. One of these things does not exist. Even Dragons can be killed by him depending on their kit and who initiates.

Infantry: Bridelia, Olivia, Azura, and PAzura. Bridelia basically cleared everything and was danced either into the next target or danced away.

Cavalry: Reinhardt, Cecilia, Cain, and Frederick. Freddy only provided Hone Cav now that I think about it, but Rein cleared the Sword Infantry, Cecilia repoed him out of the way and took the Bow Infantry hits, Then from there it was basically those two plus Cain clearing out the rest of the enemy.

Flier: ToD!Nowi, Catria, Beruka, and HNY!Azura. Nowi killed the Bow Infantry to trigger enemy movement while Beruka lured Narcian in. Nowi and Catria proceed to pick off the enemy once they get to where everyone else is.

Armor: Hector, WE!Robin, Black Knight, and WE!Tharja. Armor Emblem actually was done on the first try, despite it being the one I dreaded most. Hector, thanks to BKs Ward Armor and Robins S support, took most enemy hits to the face for a while before he had to switch with Robin, who also took a few hits to the face but also beat some of the enemy. BK beat Narcian and, a turn later, was able to WoM over to Robin and let him take a breather, while Tharja came in and tanked the last Bow user.

Flier and Cavalry were easy enough but that Axebreaker mage is wrecking my Armour team of BK, Effie, Amelia and Hector. I probably need to build my Zelgius to replace Hector - or rather replace BK with Zelgius and replace Hector with BK. But that'd mean farming up several hundred SP and I'm not prepared to do that at the moment, not outside of double SP weekend at least.

Alternatively I could just short-circuit it by giving Hector Green Tomebreaker but my Henries are all 3-star, I'm at 19700 feathers right now and I need them to give Gronnblade to Lilina just in time for TT. OCD prevents me from giving him Tomebreaker 2. Oh well, as of this morning I'm done with the current banners anyway, so no rush to get those orbs.

EDIT: Not attempting infantry since I don't want another Narcian clogging up my barracks, but I imagine I'd just use the same strategy as cavalry.

Edited by Humanoid

Flier was a breeze thanks to the mountain, though it's still a lot easier with a mage and a dancer (and I will never stop being grateful that I was lucky enough to pull Airzura and Halloween Nowi).

Cavalry took a few tries but Sigurd was invaluable, though the distant defense 3 seal was a necessity (miracle was as well since I haven't gotten around to getting him bonfire yet, but he comes with that so it's not a big deal). This one used a similar strategy others have mentioned with Reinhardt taking out the sword user then Sigurd tanking the blue mage followed by running away and regrouping with Priscilla patching up Sigurd.

Infantry was fun, though the bow cavalier proved to be annoying because it was surprisingly tanky. My +atk Adult Tiki needed a dance from Axura, +atk seal, and a drive attack from Micaiah to one round him on the counter. Celica did Reinhardt's job from the cavalier version and was repositioned/danced out of the way. ...and I'm just now realizing that Micaiah would've handled him easier. Whoops.

Armor's not happening this time around. I really need more mobility or at least a mage armor because Hector and BK have problems with this map. Valyn would fix both of those problems IF I COULD PULL HER.

Standard Lumisquad(TM) clear (Feat a very unusual Rein):

Spoiler

Hoshido Clear:

Spoiler

Armors: [VLyn, Hector, BK, Arden] Put my new VLyn to work. ORKOd sword with a Hone Armor from Hector. Took a bow to the face. Gave the team Armor March. My usual Hector + 3 swords setup was just not gonna work here.

Horse: [Xander, Olwen, Cecilia, BLyn] Cecilia MVP

Fliers: [Hinoka, Minerva, Cherche, Palla] Lol

Edited by Thor Odinson

So I tried again with Hunktor and LALyn in tow, with Arden and Hector in tow.

Got it first try. Somehow. Hunktor needed +Res to do a lot of the tanking, but Lyn starts off holding off the enemy and as usual retreat. Lyn takes out the sword next turn and both heactors start tanking while Arden waits for Narcian. From there it's a question of how the two Hectors hold off the generics but eventually I'm down to everyone but Arden low on HP and the bows and blue mage still alive.I managed to tank with Arden and Hector after Hunktor took out the closest bow. Hector Vantages the mage and Arden tanks the bow, leaving the last bow vulnerable on PP.

I don't have any range armors, so clearing that quest was a trial and a half.  After many fails, I eventually cleared it with BK, Amelia, Hector, and V!Eliwood.

Hector has to be sent far up the chokepoint to avoid having his Fort Armor Panic Ploy'd, and is brought down within an inch of his life.  Don't remember how I did it, but that blue cavalry mage has to be lured out ahead of his mounted companions so Hector can kill him early on too.  Otherwise he renders the BK useless.  Once he's down though, Vantage BK more or less styles over this map.  I don't know if Eliwood or Amelia even entered combat -- their role winded up being providing Goad and March support. 

Armor Emblem sure was hard! I had to shuffle seals and skills just to get a chance. I had to emulate the first part of Pheonixmaster1's strategy with the 4* Effie to bait the enemy because Eliwood kept dying all the time. After that it was BK and Lyn killing enemies until the only ones left were the archers who killed themselves against Omnibreaker Hector (outside of Arena that build is super OP).

I used f2p videos to beat the quests so I have those done.  Fliers was the hardest because I kept messing up where I put my units, but other then that it went very smoothly.  

• 1 month later...

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen

The Easter one turn special continues:

No fancy movement skills this time, but I made my -DEF Elincia a tank just like @mcsilas did on Ursulas map. 

At least Roy could do his job again, but he had to equip his vanilla Steady Blow (in addition to a DEF tactic buff) to survive a counter by that Zanbato. The difficulty was to kill everyone, but not too fast since GF had to proc. Best example is the blue Cav: Elincia and Roy couldn't kill him because of TA/Swordbreaker, but Cherche would kill him with one blow, even Cordelia had to unequip Fury. Elincia had to equip Swift Sparrow 1 instead of 2, to not kill the Slaying Bow too fast. 

The alternative route would have been to send a Flier to Narcian, but he wouldn't have dealt enough damage to anyone but Cordelia, who wouldn't be able to kill him. 

Recorded One Turn clears so far:

Spoiler

Lloyd (Infernal GHB):

Chrom & Lissa (Infernal BHB):

F!Grima (Inferal LHB):

Michalis (Infernal GHB):

Minerva & Maria (Infernal BHB):

I have done also Arvis at least, but didn't make a video. 

Tomorrow I'll take a break (travel day), even if Navarre is top on my to-do list. 

@mampfoid Nice work as always. It's interesting how your team did so much damage you actually had to nerf them in order to clear the map. Having specific conditions to clear a map always winds up requiring some unique tweaks to units you'd otherwise never end up making.

Good to see Roy again as well. The only Galeforce unit I have (aside from Lyn).

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo @mcsilas @Poimagic @tobuShogi @Infinite Dreams @DLNarshen

The Easter one turn special continues:

No fancy movement skills this time, but I made my -DEF Elincia a tank just like @mcsilas did on Ursulas map. 

At least Roy could do his job again, but he had to equip his vanilla Steady Blow (in addition to a DEF tactic buff) to survive a counter by that Zanbato. The difficulty was to kill everyone, but not too fast since GF had to proc. Best example is the blue Cav: Elincia and Roy couldn't kill him because of TA/Swordbreaker, but Cherche would kill him with one blow, even Cordelia had to unequip Fury. Elincia had to equip Swift Sparrow 1 instead of 2, to not kill the Slaying Bow too fast. 

The alternative route would have been to send a Flier to Narcian, but he wouldn't have dealt enough damage to anyone but Cordelia, who wouldn't be able to kill him. 

Recorded One Turn clears so far:

Reveal hidden contents

Lloyd (Infernal GHB):

Chrom & Lissa (Infernal BHB):

F!Grima (Inferal LHB):

Michalis (Infernal GHB):

Minerva & Maria (Infernal BHB):

I have done also Arvis at least, but didn't make a video. 

Tomorrow I'll take a break (travel day), even if Navarre is top on my to-do list. 

Nice! Great to see a unit’s default skills being useful. Also i like how short your videos are haha

but yeah Tactic skills really work with your team so well. Satisfying to see you make short work of this since this map hasan annoying chokepoint

13 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mampfoid Nice work as always. It's interesting how your team did so much damage you actually had to nerf them in order to clear the map. Having specific conditions to clear a map always winds up requiring some unique tweaks to units you'd otherwise never end up making.

Good to see Roy again as well. The only Galeforce unit I have (aside from Lyn).

Thanks! Roy will continue to see much use, he is my only GF Cav and my only GF unit with built-in special counter reduction. 

The nerfing is part of the challenge, to find the range of damage were my units would deal (and receive) the exact amount of hits to proc GF. Like you wrote, they carry around a big heap of skills because of this. 

12 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Nice! Great to see a unit’s default skills being useful. Also i like how short your videos are haha

but yeah Tactic skills really work with your team so well. Satisfying to see you make short work of this since this map hasan annoying chokepoint

I think this is the first or second time I used Steady Blow at all, it isn't useful very often. 

The videos will remain short as long as I will do 1 turn clears. ;-) The drawback is that this reduces also the choice of tracks I could dub with them. 

Tactic skills are nice, since they work even if the starting tiles are not attached. Waiting for SPD Tactic to give to Cherche. 

10 hours ago, DLNarshen said:

@mampfoid Out here making my man look weak!  Nice work.

Thanks! That wasn't my intention, but be sure my units wouldn't look differently if they had their own XY hero battle map. 

At least as a general he chosed difficult terrain for his opponents. 

• 4 weeks later...

@mampfoid As promised. I wanted to do something more WoM+Galeforce-ish, but it wasn’t working out. I tried a couple approaches, including Minerva (Narcian is too weak to put her under 50%, even with Life and Death) and even Tana (dealt 0 damage, but at least became a WoM beacon with 1 HP remaining), but those didn’t go anywhere. So I uh...took the easy way out.

Spoiler

>”I don’t want to hurt you!”

>Immediately deals triple-digit damage.

Edited by LordFrigid

@LordFrigid I had exactly the same issues with Narcian (even if I thought Minerva would be a solution), but nice idea with double Reposition and three kills on EP. Out if curiosity: Would your Roy survive the Zanbato Fighter? 

Caeda seems invincible, congratulations on your and her next one-turn clear! 

/Edit: I only saw now Smite on Caeda, seems you had also some other ideas for this. 

Edited by mampfoid

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I had exactly the same issues with Narcian (even if I thought Minerva would be a solution), but nice idea with double Reposition and three kills on EP. Out if curiosity: Would your Roy survive the Zanbato Fighter? 

He could, if I switched Life and Death out for a Def-boosting A Passive, and used Def Tactic.

17 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Edit: I only saw now Smite on Caeda, seems you had also some other ideas for this. 

I think I might have been using that to get Tana up to Narcian, when I was looking into that route. I’m not sure why I didn’t just use Reposition...I used Smite in one of my Zephiel clears; I was probably just too lazy to switch it out.