A monologue I wrote.

Emeraldfox

It's 12:10 A.M.... The moon is high..She's in my arms..And there's a corpse pile around us... Why is there a corpse pile around us? There is something in this girl that would make an entire country powerful. So it's beneficial to me, but I don't care about that... I love her too much. In order to get the weapon inside of her, one must kill her... I won't let that happen. So I'm in a lot of fights, to protect her. So that would make me her knight, I'm happy with that, I guess. Although I don't like to kill.. But, I will if I must. So every time I raise my sword... It's to protect the love of my life...

Hope you all like it..

=o THAT'S A GREAT MONOLOGUE EMERALD! =)

IT'S ALSO SWEET =D <3

:D cool

you're a good writer

i don't really know what a monologue is though.....

Thanks you two. ^^ And Nore, a monologue is like some sort of speech a character gives. To him/herself or to someone.

• 8 months later...

:D cool

you're a good writer

i don't really know what a monologue is though.....

A monologue is a speech being said to the audience, or characters in a play (or movie). It's like the King speaking to his people.

Because of that definition, I think what Emerald has here is a soliloquy.

Whatever it is, I liked it. ^^

• 2 weeks later...

A monologue is a speech being said to the audience, or characters in a play (or movie). It's like the King speaking to his people.

Because of that definition, I think what Emerald has here is a soliloquy.

I'll expand on that, not because you're wrong, but because I'm bored and feel like it. A monologue is when a character in the play reveals parts of his/her emotions, intent, and personality to the audience. While sometimes there could be other characters witnessing the monologue, it is usually for the benefit of the audience members. Shakespeare would often use monologues to reveal the personalities of his characters. For example, the Queen Mab speech in Romeo and Juliet shows exactly who Mercutio is. The example you gave of a king addressing his people could possibly be a monologue. Staying on the theme of Shakespeare, a good example of a monologue taking the form of an address like the one you mentioned would be Marc Antony's famous monologue in Julius Caesar, where he speaks to a large crowd. This speech however, isn't considered a monologue because it is a long speech, it's a monologue because of what it reveals about Marc Antony.

• 2 weeks later...