Somebody translated the text on Lucina's lance...

The DanMan

35 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Probably neither Lucina nor Arachnea in general.

Again, your evidence is lacking. We know nothing but a line of text on a lance. If anything it points to Awakening given who has the lance and the fact it's using Awakening'a alphabet. See Falchion.

Edited by Arthur97

9 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

That's just your usual Lucina bias. If lance isn't indicative than Lucina even less. Awakening wouldn't make good anime and IS definitely wouldn't go with making any ships canon that easily either.

Of course, it comes to that, but the lance is using the same stinking letters as Awakening's Falchion! Not everything is about Lucina, and I'm tired of people using what characters I like to invalidate what I say.

And here's your proof:

Spoiler

FalchionAwakeningRuneScript.jpg.147df407584963a754d760c93430900d.jpg

Edited by Arthur97

Sorry, but I don't believe you mean it. Either way Awakening is pretty much impossible because aforementioned issues. Some older Arachnea might be possible as it had cannon pairing I can go back on that I guess.

Anyway If there is hint it's lance with equal or greater chance there is no hint at all.

1 minute ago, Tenzen12 said:

Sorry, but I don't believe you mean it. Either way Awakening is pretty much impossible because aforementioned issues. Some older Arachnea might be possible as it had cannon pairing I can go back on that I guess.

Anyway If there is hint it's lance with equal or greater chance there is no hint at all.

If you would just listen to what I say, then maybe you would. I've presented more concrete evidence than you have.

Robin IS the textbook audience surrogate character to the point of parody, so Awakening would be a very typical fantasy show. I was hoping the next shot at Fire Emblem anime would either coincide with FE Switch as a promotion tool, or involve a new story with new, original characters. If they adapt an existing story, then fans will just nitpick how every character is represented, as well as the usual gripes they already have with them. There's too much fan baggage for a Fire Emblem adaptation. 

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Robin IS the textbook audience surrogate character to the point of parody, so Awakening would be a very typical fantasy show. I was hoping the next shot at Fire Emblem anime would either coincide with FE Switch as a promotion tool, or involve a new story with new, original characters. If they adapt an existing story, then fans will just nitpick how every character is represented, as well as the usual gripes they already have with them. There's too much fan baggage for a Fire Emblem adaptation. 

On the other side of that argument, I'm not sure original characters could pull them in. I mean, look at the OCs for Warriors. Granted, and anime could allow for better development, but they wouldn't be as instantly appealing as say, Marth.

I wouldn't say most OG characters would easily handle be as much or more appealing than Marth. Caeda in other hand would hardly find any competition....

Anyway Hasha no Tsurugi proved OG can both pull own weight and keep FE spirit. That's probably way to go if you want avoid land mines.

Edited by Tenzen12

1 hour ago, Tenzen12 said:

That's just your usual Lucina bias. If lance isn't indicative than Lucina even less. Awakening wouldn't make good anime and IS definitely wouldn't go with making any ships canon that easily either.

They could easily just use the hair colours in their original artwork and avoid name dropping the parents by using mother and father. 

I personally wouldn't mind them expanding on the failed future Lucina came from, I feel it could be interesting.

If this is true then I hope it's not an adaptation of Awakening or Fates. Those stories are bad enough without having their shonen traits amplified in a literal anime. A few other worlds might make for interesting adaptations but unless they're going to be faithful to the source and not ham everything up, I would actually much prefer either an anime series exploring the FEH world (Zenith I think?) or an original story about Lucina (since it is her lance that shows this text) showing her travels after Awakening.

10 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I think they could do a different game every season. They could choose to do them in order or mix in some newer ones earlier to draw in the crowds.

How? The timelines aren't even connected so it would very weird for any viewer that doesn't know anything about Fire Emblem to watch. It would be like jumping to a new world every time, and moving on from characters that you're supposed to be engaged to and interested in every new season. Sounds like a fairly bad idea. They would have a better chance trying to adapt a story for Fates Revelations instead.

Edited by Logos

At Bethesda's E3, everyone wanted them to announce something about a rumor that Bethesda is working on a game called starfield.  Bethesda tweeted out an image of an amusement park advertising E3 w/ two sections under construction.  People were so desperate, they found this:

Spoiler

hOJ85rs.gif

Basically, it's very easy to find connections where none exists.  I don't think Lucina's sword is anything but a coincidence, I'd be curious to know how many different phrases can be construed from her lance.  

13 minutes ago, Lushen said:

At Bethesda's E3, everyone wanted them to announce something about a rumor that Bethesda is working on a game called starfield.  Bethesda tweeted out an image of an amusement park advertising E3 w/ two sections under construction.  People were so desperate, they found this:

Reveal hidden contents

hOJ85rs.gif

Basically, it's very easy to find connections where none exists.  I don't think Lucina's sword is anything but a coincidence, I'd be curious to know how many different phrases can be construed from her lance.  

I mean, that's a bit different. Here we have one phrase that was intentionally put there that really doesn't seem to have much margin on what the letters actually are. Do I think it means anything? Not necessarily, but someone intentionally put those words on the lance for some reason. Even if just to troll.

On 8/29/2017 at 2:08 PM, Glennstavos said:

That would be my big issue as well. I think there are some ways to avoid it, like telling an alternate story. Something like Future Past from Awakening would work, focusing entirely on the 2nd gen of units with maybe a few still living 1st gen. That way you can kind of avoid the whole canon pairing issue by having this be an alternate timeline type thing.

On 8/30/2017 at 2:30 PM, Tolvir said:

That would be my big issue as well. I think there are some ways to avoid it, like telling an alternate story. Something like Future Past from Awakening would work, focusing entirely on the 2nd gen of units with maybe a few still living 1st gen. That way you can kind of avoid the whole canon pairing issue by having this be an alternate timeline type thing.

This. If they do an anime of Awakening, it being the story of the 2ed gens prior to going back in time would be the best way to do it. Have it end with them traveling back im time, avoid mentioning who their fathers are and you're set