Do you like Heroes and what it has done so far?

Kazuya

Do you?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Like or no?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy it, and there are ideas from it I'd like to see the main series implement (such as the mutual exclusivity of certain skills).

Is it the best Fire Emblem ever?  Not really.  But it's still a fun way to pass time when bored.

I absolutely love the game and what it's done for the series/fandom. I was very skeptical at first that it would be a cash grab with little substance, but on the contrary, the development team has been very generous with providing means to play without spending cash, as well as with improving the gameplay. It's not even a year old yet and already there have been tons of modes added, fine-tuned, and expanded. The amount and variety of characters added has been excellent, and even from the start they made the wise decision to not add fire to the fanbase divide (unlike a certain crossover) by adding characters and maps from several games instead of just certain ones. It's great having FE anywhere in small bursts while we wait for the next full installment. 

I wouldn't say "like like,", but I voted like because my likes outweigh my dislikes.

Six months later, I'm still finding the game to be enjoyable. As a mobile game, it's pretty decent. I love (most of) the character designs and it's a nice, accessible crossover. That, and the devs' openness to suggestions that would improve the game's quality have (to some extent) been addressed swiftly and cleanly is a big plus to me. I'm sure we could all name names of some devs/companies we would like to hear responses, reactions and openness to change from. That being said, although I have little comprehensive knowledge of gacha games, from what I've seen and heard from others who have much more experience in that genre than I do, FE Heroes is lacking quite a bit in the standard gacha quality department.

Overall, I'd say that while it could be better, I'm pretty content with its current content and am interested to see where it goes from here.

1 hour ago, Kazuya said:

Personally I'm a no, it's fun but the game isn't really worth a download imo.

Thoughts? Void arguments are disgusting.

16 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I enjoy it, and there are ideas from it I'd like to see the main series implement (such as the mutual exclusivity of certain skills).

Is it the best Fire Emblem ever?  Not really.  But it's still a fun way to pass time when bored.

It won't take a chance at being the best FE, as it is a lite version and a synthesis of the series and its mechanics ~

Personally I love it. Thinking of it only as a gacha game, it does it job really well done, it is pretty generous for people, has a lot of good free stuff, making it friendly for F2P users. It has a lot of good stuffs, lots of variety to make underpowered units viable, etc. The illustrations and voice acting have been a good hit imo, as it gives more depth to the characters.

Something I'd like is that besides HM we'd get the chance to get 1 or 2 orbs with a low chance of happening.

Yes I really like it for a game that I have spent $0 on and will not be spending any money on it is a great game.  Of course it is not my top FE game, but I like it more then I thought I would. Plus it is very good to F2P players which most gocha games don't do.  The art work is also great and I am hoping it will inspire IS to do remakes of FE 4 and 5 since everyone loves Reinhardt and Olwen in Heroes.

I really like heroes, but there are a good amount of things that I don't like. For example, the story is weak, but I honestly didn't expect a great story from a free mobile game so I guess thats not too big of a problem. I don't love arena, but I think it could be a cool concept to try in the main games, kinda like what we have in awakening and fates , but more of a ranking and rewards system. Another thing I don't love is the summoning. Since im a free player, summoning can get very frustrating, but I also understand thats one of the main systems of the game so theres not much to change there. the maps feel very plain and small. I would love some more variety and maybe just some bigger maps, but I doubt it would be as easy to handle in a mobile game.

Compared to the trash that usually comes out for mobiles, it's AAA++ class =)

Mechanics-wise, all it needs is some real synchronous PVP (w/ timed turns ofc and restrictions to prevent "ties").

Content-wise there's a lot to be desired but they're updating fast enough that I can't really complain.

34 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Thoughts? Void arguments are disgusting.

It won't take a chance at being the best FE, as it is a lite version and a synthesis of the series and its mechanics ~

Personally I love it. Thinking of it only as a gacha game, it does it job really well done, it is pretty generous for people, has a lot of good free stuff, making it friendly for F2P users. It has a lot of good stuffs, lots of variety to make underpowered units viable, etc. The illustrations and voice acting have been a good hit imo, as it gives more depth to the characters.

Something I'd like is that besides HM we'd get the chance to get 1 or 2 orbs with a low chance of happening.

I was in a rush when writing that, sorry. I dislike a lot of the balancing, I have the worst luck known to man, people abuse the meta, and there isn't enough for me to enjoy. I do think it's fun but that's when I need something to do when I'm out of options. 

I don't like mobile games, so when Heroes was announced, I was a bit...ugh. But once I played it, it's pretty damn good.

We get so many updates to keep it fresh, and IS actually listens to the fans. It has brilliant art work and voice acting, too. The story is pretty decent for such a game.

My only gripe is the orbs. As a F2P player, I find the orbs to be tedious to get, especially when I don't care about making the 'perfect' team. Heck, I keep sending my Reinhardts back home for feathers, and he's one of the best units in the game.

3 minutes ago, Kazuya said:

I was in a rush when writing that, sorry. I dislike a lot of the balancing, I have the worst luck known to man, people abuse the meta, and there isn't enough for me to enjoy. I do think it's fun but that's when I need something to do when I'm out of options. 

Those are regular concerns and every mobile game has the same structure: an imposed meta, whales and people that optimize everything, tiers and whatnot, but that's something present on every game. One just have to deal with it and not let that wash your fun and what you enjoy of the game. Regardinf luck, that's something really relative and subjective. What I do is just be grateful from before hand because I "know/believe" that whatever I get, will be of good use, and it has worked (partially) so far.

I swear I have never seen half of the people in this thread before.

36 minutes ago, Nightmayre said:

Mechanics-wise, all it needs is some real synchronous PVP (w/ timed turns ofc and restrictions to prevent "ties").

The only way this would work is if combat were forced (like in checkers). Otherwise, facing an enemy-phase team would drag on forever because neither side would attack without significant advantage.

20 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Those are regular concerns and every mobile game has the same structure: an imposed meta, whales and people that optimize everything, tiers and whatnot, but that's something present on every game. One just have to deal with it and not let that wash your fun and what you enjoy of the game. Regardinf luck, that's something really relative and subjective. What I do is just be grateful from before hand because I "know/believe" that whatever I get, will be of good use, and it has worked (partially) so far.

I'm glad that IS has tried to balance, I got lucky and pulled an anti-meta but still there are small issues that could be fixed. 

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I swear I have never seen half of the people in this thread before.

Eh, I joined a while back and made a few posts but summer obligations kept me mostly lurking so far.

46 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

The only way this would work is if combat were forced (like in checkers). Otherwise, facing an enemy-phase team would drag on forever because neither side would attack without significant advantage.

You are right, of course, it would not be a simple matter and would not be doable with things working as they do right now, given that the game mechanics allow for a lot of "troll strategies" that are of no use in PVE, but would make PVP an utter mess.

I've been thinking what kind of special ruleset would be needed to foolproof PVP against all kinds of ugly things... so far I haven't had much success. So probably not happening any time soon, but one can dream.

Absolutely. 

At the beginning, Roy was on focus. Sophia was free.  Cecilia was to be free later.  How could I not love that?  I didn't even think IS knew Binding Blade existed outside of Roy.

It is giving exposure to characters that were long forgotten, hell Reinhardt is among the most broken units in this game, a semi-relevant boss in the least known FE.  The amount of people that even knew Thracia existed are but a small fraction of FE fans prior to Heroes.  Sure Jugdral in general still hasn't gotten its time in the spotlight yet, but I think it'll get its turn soon.

That FE Direct changed everything.  FEH where I see BARTRE of all people among the crowd of characters shown?  Fucking Gaiden remake?  FEW for fans of the newer entries?  2017 has been great.  FEH is a great way to bide time for FE16 as well. 

As someone who has played gacha games before FEH, including the hellish FGO, Nintendo and IS have done so much to reward the players, ESPECIALLY in the past month with things like first free roll (got 5* Nino out of this) and a free CYL 5*.

FEH is pure fanservice for someone like me who has been with this series for over a decade.

Yes, I LOVE FEH.

Everything they've done so far is amazing. We've come a long, long way from 50 Stamina and not even being able to play around with initial unit position. We've got a ton of content, with orbs and feathers and now they're not only giving us a free first summon, but a whole free *5 (which is the part I disagree with, ironically).

If anything, the game is being way, way too generous at this point. Only now am I starting to see where "P2W" players do their part at supporting this game.

5 hours ago, Kazuya said:

Personally I'm a no, it's fun but the game isn't really worth a download imo.

Nevermind the fact that it's free.

Yeah, it's a very fun game! I didn't like it a lot at first though. Not many characters I liked were in it and my luck was awful and stuff. But I've grown to like it more and more over time!