CYL TV Spot?

Zangetsu

Damn, I'd have thought this was a trailer for some Netflix Original series or whatever. :O That was an impressive trailer. Sad Lyn made me sad. They really went all out for a commercial for a MOBILE game. Like, I'm just floored. I don't even like commercials most of the time, too.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the GHB map will be the port level where he pops out of that house in the middle, neat

I'll genuinely be surprised if he doesn't come with Wings of Mercy and either Heavy Blade or Steady Breath

Edited by Johann

2 hours ago, Vince777 said:

Or maybe they couldn't find real people with red, blue and green hair colour and wanted, seeing this is live action, actually make it look like real people.  :)

I normally interpret dark green hair to be a stylized analogue of black hair, though, not blonde.

3 hours ago, Johann said:

Looks like the GHB map will be the port level where he pops out of that house in the middle, neat.

It is not the GHB map tho. You can see in the clip that the archer has 37 HP, while GHB archers have 38 HP on Hard. What we are seeing in the clip is most probably Chapter 13-4/5 on Hard.

18 hours ago, Book Bro said:

What the What?? Don't do this to me is. How awesome would a live action FE series be, GoT style? Just... holy wow. Awesome commercial.

Woah. That thought is amazing. 

Yeah, that commercial though.

23 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

It only makes me want micaiah in heroes all the more.

We might get lucky and get another Tellius banner with her in it, although I've seen speculation that it may be another PoR banner based off of BK and Nephenee's apperance,

36 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

We might get lucky and get another Tellius banner with her in it, although I've seen speculation that it may be another PoR banner based off of BK and Nephenee's apperance,

Honestly I think that another Por banner at this point would be a waste, especially given the fact that micaiah was in the CYL top ten and we have no mention of her, also aside from ashnard, I can't think of any PoR exclusive characters that we would get in another PoR banner that could justifiably come before an RD banner. Though if we are going off of the SS banner that was an atrocity as far as CYL is concerned, amelia and tana were way lower than joshua and lute.

also, what's this about nephenee, has some datamining been done or did I miss something in the video?

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

also, what's this about nephenee, has some datamining been done or did I miss something in the video?

Spoiler

A chibi sprite of Nephenee was datamined from the CYL browser game's character sheet.

4 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Honestly I think that another Por banner at this point would be a waste, especially given the fact that micaiah was in the CYL top ten and we have no mention of her, also aside from ashnard, I can't think of any PoR exclusive characters that we would get in another PoR banner that could justifiably come before an RD banner. Though if we are going off of the SS banner that was an atrocity as far as CYL is concerned, amelia and tana were way lower than joshua and lute.

In the mini game the data shows her as well as the Black Knight, players are thinking she maybe a TT bonus unit which would make sense to me. 

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:
  Hide contents

A chibi sprite of Nephenee was datamined from the CYL browser game's character sheet.

Weird, but I don't think that it guarantees PoR or RD. Just that we have more tellius characters inbound which is nice I hope that we don't just get the PoR B team and they add some RD characters or at least get it done soon, sanaki is getting lonely.

@EricaofRenais we would need a new tellius banner before a TT, all we have is about 6 characters and much as I would love to see one I don't want to get the same PoR banner with the inclusion of sanaki in place of mist.

Edited by thecrimsonflash

That was just....epic. Don't think we've had a live action FE commercial since Genealogy (not counting the operas or FE7's memetic US commercial). Improvements a hundred fold. If I had one little gripe, it's that while we see Ike showing up as BK kills Greil, Lucina fighting the assassin that slices her mask in half, and Lyn walking in the winds across the plains (hehe...); all Roy does is walk towards a cliff as we see the shadows of two wyvern riders circling him overhead. Oh it does look awesome, don't get me wrong, but if they showed a past fight for Ike and Lucina (I understand why Lyn didn't get one), then why didn't they like... show Roy fighting Zephiel? I'd love to see that battle reenacted, and not just with sprites.

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

11 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Well... technically doesn't exist PoR exclusive characters outside of Ashnard (and maybe Largo if you're talking about Playable Characters).

According to the CYL other popular PoR characters (don't already in Heroes) include: 

- Mia (but her RD apperance is actually more popular unlike Nephenee, having like the double of votes, and it's something easy to know if you visit Mia's tag in certain websites)

- Ilyana

- Lethe

- Ranulf

- Jill

- Shinon

2 hours ago, Troykv said:

- Mia (but her RD apperance is actually more popular unlike Nephenee, having like the double of votes, and it's something easy to know if you visit Mia's tag in certain websites)

It's the floppy sleeves. And the boobs in the one cinematic cut scene.

Also this.

80a2de38add3a0187ae2c4f1ea61b31a5b9dadab

If you guys have the budget for that kind of costuming/effects, you have the budget to give Lyn's actress a goddamn wig, and to color her eyebrows if necessary. ;/

Sorry, hair is one of those things that bugs me to no end.

I liked the sequences with the guys, including Ike going "screw the weapon triangle", and Roy on a horse.  Lucina looked way too old (it's comparable to me attempting to cosplay her), and Lyn's hair was really bad.  I can understand why they didn't put her on a horse, though - riding is hard enough, and shooting a bow requires the rider to have both hands off of the reins.

Since I'm a stickler for detail, Lyn's hair ruined what was otherwise a decent clip.

21 minutes ago, eclipse said:

If you guys have the budget for that kind of costuming/effects, you have the budget to give Lyn's actress a goddamn wig, and to color her eyebrows if necessary. ;/

Sorry, hair is one of those things that bugs me to no end.

I liked the sequences with the guys, including Ike going "screw the weapon triangle", and Roy on a horse.  Lucina looked way too old (it's comparable to me attempting to cosplay her), and Lyn's hair was really bad.  I can understand why they didn't put her on a horse, though - riding is hard enough, and shooting a bow requires the rider to have both hands off of the reins.

Since I'm a stickler for detail, Lyn's hair ruined what was otherwise a decent clip.

Now that you mentioned it, since they clearly have a decent budget as you have said, I think they could have hired a stunt double too and have her shoot a bow from a horse, or maybe just replace Lyn's actress entirely with the stunt double.

Edited by XRay

15 hours ago, Troykv said:

Well... technically doesn't exist PoR exclusive characters outside of Ashnard (and maybe Largo if you're talking about Playable Characters).

Petrine was definitely memorable enough to also fit the bill.