Revelation happy pairings

Aventheim

Dear forum.

Recently I wanted to play Revelation route of Fates but I ran into problem of pairings. I know that unlike Awakening, parental influence is much lower in Fates but just like in my Awakening play, I really wanted to ensure that at least most of pairs will be happy. At the same time, I kinda wanted to make sure that my favorite second gen characters (Sophie, Caeldori, Soleil, Nina and Selkie) wont have absulutely ruined growths.

After some planning I went with such setup:

Kaze + Azura
Jakob + Nyx
Silas + Hinoka
Ryoma + Felicia
Takumi + Oboro
Saizo + Beruka
Kaden + Charlotte
Hinata + Setsuna
Azama + Effie
Subaki + Kagero
Hayato + Orochi
Xander + Selena
Leo + Sakura
Benny + Rinkah
Keaton + Hana
Arthur + Camilla
Odin + Elise
Laslow + Peri
Niles + Mozu

I really dont like how my male Corrin cant marry, for example, Hinoka without blocking at least one kid from appearing. Or how Revelation deals with Scarlet.

What do you think about such proposition? Will those pairs be happy from in-game perspective?

Thank you for any replies or advices!

6 hours ago, Aventheim said:

Will those pairs be happy from in-game perspective?

...the fact that you even have to ask that question cuts to the heart of the everyone can marry every problem, where you just get these flood of nonsense-relationships that shouldn't work on any level.

Every available S-rank should be a happy pairing from an in-game perspective. 

...From the ones listed here...

Odin/Elise is the only one that stands out to me as these two have great chemistry. They're so good together. (and its just a nice little bonus on top that Elise happens to be one of the best mothers for Ophelia) 

Takumi/Oboro is your classic princess-and-her-knight pairing in reverse.  Like its not great compared to Eirika/Seth or Lyndis/Kent or Elincia/Geoffrey, but its a sensible pairing, and one of the very few in Fates thats actually hinted at or built up in anyway outside of supports. I can dig it.

Saizo/Beruka, beyond that, is the only one that stands out as okay;  I get why these characters are compatible based on their respective personalities, why quirks about them that would be bothersome to other characters would endear them to each other, and how this dynamic they have could work as a long-term commited relationship. (although I still swear by Benny/Beruka as heads-and-shoulders above the rest of Beruka's relationship options in the I-get-how-this-turns-romantic  department)  

Peri/Laslow--I wouldn't say thats a good relationship; Peri is an unhealthy partner. For everyone. There's no way around that. But Laslow is one of the few men in Fates I could see being able to tolerate her because of what makes him Laslow (i.e. he digs the ladies. All the ladies. Even the crazy ones.)

so...w/e...its one of her less unpleasant pairings... (there really isn't any 'happy' way to pair off Peri. Someone is getting stuck with a psychopath for a wife).

Leo/Sakura works purely on a political-marriage-of-convenience level. As any pairing between a Hoshidan and Nhorian royal can. I don't know if it works on any level beyond that, but thats enough. 

Annnndd I don't have a particularly positive reaction to any of those other pairings.

Some like Ryoma/Felicia and Niles/Mozu just make me shake my head and go ...How is this a thing? Like why would this even be an option. Wtf Fates....get your shit together...   

_________

...Now that I think about it, I have yet to see a revelations run with full-pairings where each-and-every pairing makes in-game sense...

The way Fates is written (poorly) just makes it exceptionally hard to do.

I don't even know what that would look like.  

Edited by Shoblongoo

Caeldori loves Hinoka's growths [makes her a near-clone of Hinoka stat wise:  5% more HP, 5% less strength, equal magic and skill, 2.5% less speed, 2.5% more luck, equal defense, only notable difference is 10% less Resistance (note that its still 50% after class bonuses to Hinoka's 60%, so its still huge)].   

Since you seem to like Corrin x Hinoka, but you can't get all the kids if you do that, as an alternate may I suggest that you have Hinoka marry Subaki, thus making Caeldori get the same hue of red hair as Hinoka has.  Then you can have Corrin marry a Hinoka-red-haired Sky Knight - Caeldori - a Caeldori who has extremely similar growths to Hinoka and higher stat caps and the same classes that Hinoka has.  

Hinoka x Subaki

Caeldori x Corrin 

Edited by astrophys

2 minutes ago, astrophys said:

Caeldori loves Hinoka's growths [makes her a near-clone of Hinoka stat wise:  5% more HP, 5% less strength, equal magic and skill, 2.5% less speed, 2.5% more luck, equal defense, only notable difference is 10% less Resistance (note that its still 50% after class bonuses to Hinoka's 60%, so its still huge)].   

Since you seem to like Corrin x Hinoka, but you can't get all the kids if you do that, as an alternate may I suggest that you have Hinoka marry Subaki, thus making Caeldori get the same hue of red hair as Hinoka has.  Then you can marry a Hinoka-red-haired Sky Knight - Caeldori - a Caeldori who has extremely similar growths to Hinoka and higher stat caps and the same classes that Hinoka has.  

Actually, Corrin x Caeoldori seems nice and I dont exactly need her to have specific hair color. I was actually thinking about Corrin x Anna but he might end with somebody loving money more than him.

But thanks for suggestion.

1 hour ago, Shoblongoo said:

...the fact that you even have to ask that question cuts to the heart of the everyone can marry every problem, where you just get these flood of nonsense-relationships that shouldn't work on any level.

Every available S-rank should be a happy pairing from an in-game perspective. 

...From the ones listed here...

Odin/Elise is the only one that stands out to me as these two have great chemistry. They're so good together. (and its just a nice little bonus on top that Elise happens to be one of the best mothers for Ophelia) 

Takumi/Oboro is your classic princess-and-her-knight pairing in reverse.  Like its not great compared to Eirika/Seth or Lyndis/Kent or Elincia/Geoffrey, but its a sensible pairing, and one of the very few in Fates thats actually hinted at or built up in anyway outside of supports. I can dig it.

Saizo/Beruka, beyond that, is the only one that stands out as okay;  I get why these characters are compatible based on their respective personalities, why quirks about them that would be bothersome to other characters would endear them to each other, and how this dynamic they have could work as a long-term commited relationship. (although I still swear by Benny/Beruka as heads-and-shoulders above the rest of Beruka's relationship options in the I-get-how-this-turns-romantic  department)  

Peri/Laslow--I wouldn't say thats a good relationship; Peri is an unhealthy partner. For everyone. There's no way around that. But Laslow is one of the few men in Fates I could see being able to tolerate her because of what makes him Laslow (i.e. he digs the ladies. All the ladies. Even the crazy ones.)

so...w/e...its one of her less unpleasant pairings... (there really isn't any 'happy' way to pair off Peri. Someone is getting stuck with a psychopath for a wife).

Leo/Sakura works purely on a political-marriage-of-convenience level. As any pairing between a Hoshidan and Nhorian royal can. I don't know if it works on any level beyond that, but thats enough. 

Annnndd I don't have a particularly positive reaction to any of those other pairings.

Some like Ryoma/Felicia and Niles/Mozu just make me shake my head and go ...How is this a thing? Like why would this even be an option. Wtf Fates....get your shit together...   

_________

...Now that I think about it, I have yet to see a revelations run with full-pairings where each-and-every pairing makes in-game sense...

The way Fates is written (poorly) just makes it exceptionally hard to do.

I don't even know what that would look like.  

Actually, somebody else suggested befor that Laslow is the only one who actually tame Peri - I saw translation of her support with Soleil (from japanese version) where translator pointed out that this was rare case of Peri actually talking in first person rather than her usual 3rd one (3rd person talk is in apan something childlish so this suggest rather major change in character).

Niles and Mozu is actually promising, I hope it will turn out interesting and as for Ryo and Felicia - I did that pairing in previous, Birthright run and I still like the idea of "awawawawa" Hoshidan queen :)

2 hours ago, Aventheim said:

Actually, Corrin x Caeoldori seems nice and I dont exactly need her to have specific hair color. I was actually thinking about Corrin x Anna but he might end with somebody loving money more than him.

But thanks for suggestion.

Since you seemed like like Hinoka, I was simply trying to propose the character as close as possible to her that I could construct - stats, class access, starting class, hair color.  As you've noted, that's not the end-all-be-all.  

You should check out Caeldori's love confession quote: her love for Corrin if you marry her is so strong that she even wishes that if the two of them ever reincarnate that they will once again find each other in that new life too [in a literary sense, this is actually an allusion to the fact that Robin and Cordelia can marry in Awakening as well].  

As for the matter of Peri pairings, if you are trying to avoid strife between the partners, let me suggest Peri x Niles.   Niles is a sadist and is FASCINATED by Peri's bloody nature.  He's probably the most accepting of her than anyone that I can think of.    

Edited by astrophys
Adding additional information

If you want happy pairings, as in "They lived happily ever after", go with Odin x Kagero. It's an absolutely adorable pairing and the setup is perfectly believable.

Kaden x Charlotte is also a favorite of mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to post modified list that I kinda consider the most happy solution for everyone, just in case anybody else would meet with same problem:

Jakob + Azura (Jakob isnt very friendly or found of anyone outside Corrin or Azura and their support is kinda cute)
Silas + Hinoka (Rather standard for Silas as he wish to "unite" both kingdoms and Hinoka dont seem to have better supports in fact)
Kaze + Camilla (Kaze manages to see deeper into Camilla's personality and they two are really matching - rest of Camilla supports leaves her with husband unaware of her true character)
Ryoma + Felicia (I admit, I just love the idea of "awawawawa" queen - but truth is that the two really fit each other)
Takumi + Oboro (fated couple, just see Oboro death quote from Conquest)
Saizo + Beruka (two assasins that decide to break the cycle of hatred and build their own little peace. Alternative is Mozu, whom Saizo takes to his village giving her new home and new family)
Kaden + Charlotte (Kaden straightforward nature ultimately makes Charlottle rethink her sometimes shady tactics on bathering money for her parents)
Hinata + Setsuna (two airheads, lovely couple)
Azama + Effie (Effie selfless nature does wonders, while not being aTHE best of supports, I was trying to optimize everyone and this couple is cute enough)
Subaki + Kagero (I cant really give more reasons than just good supports)
Hayato + Orochi (rivaly turned love)
Xander + Selena (Selena have, if I recall correctly, few "melt the tsun" supports concusions but since this is one of them and I needed to optimize others...)
Benny + Rinkah (Flame Tribe loves strong partners it seems but Benny makes Rinkah rethinks her own world view, for good)
Leo + Sakura (I was actually surprised to see Leo support in which he doesnt mock his love interest, in case of Sakura he speaks highly of her - I simply couldnt pair him with anybody else)
Keaton + Hana (the two seems to get long right from the start of their support line, even if the supports themsleves doesnt make her improve as a person)
Arthur + Nyx (Nyx taps into the future and predicts Arthur to be surprisingly good dad, plus she is not outright negative towards him like in her other supports)
Odin + Elise (really funny support but Elise quickly gets used to theatrical behaviour of Odin overall)
Laslow + Peri (very good support for improving Peri as a person, setting her away from psycho road and towards becoming more sane. One of more fitting supports, if you ask me)
Niles + Mozu (who could guess that Niles would start a family? He only needed right gal. Alternative is Beruka - actually very solid support which cause Niles to grow gratly in character as Beruka convince him to visit his mother grave).

Feel free to fix that even more but I believe that this is nearly perfect if you want everyone to be happy and not at the cost of somebody else.

Okay.  If you're pairing off all the other men, that means that you have to marry a Corrin-only woman or a 2nd gentlemen woman,  assuming you want to. recruit Kana. 

Your choices are Anna [chose against it yourself], Reina, no longer Scarlet because Ch. 18 happened [and let's be honest, it would have been a tragedy if you did it before as you'd lose your Avatar's spouse], Flora, Sophie, Midori, Caeldori, Mitama, Rhajat, Selkie,  Ophelia, Soleil, Nina, or Velouria.