Which 5 star hero should I choose?

flaredare911

Which 5 star hero is the best?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which 5 star hero are you choosing?

• Ike
    • Lyn
    • Lucina
    • Roy

Lyn counters DC, nullifies buffs on magic users, she's currently the only Bow cavalry so far, and she also gets a small BST bonus for being #1 Female on CYL.

Lucina is a sort of Offensive Spur Support and has the highest offense of CYL.

Roy is Cavalry, has innate Heavy Blade, and a 19 Mt weapon.

Ike makes Brave weapons and Desperation users cry, is effective against cav/fliers, and has a pretty cool defensive skill that aligns pretty well with 35 Def. He also gets the small BST bonus for being #1 Male on CYL.

I'd say they're all really amazing in their own way. I chose Lyn, but mostly because I needed a bow user bad. It really comes down to personal taste though, pick which ever you like.

I honestly chose Lyn, mainly due to a few reasons: I like her as a character, she is the first and only mounted archer in the game, she negates distant counter, has a very easy to build layout, avoiding the summoning of the colorless abyss, and the fact she is my first and only grey 5 star. Now it's up to preference, Ike is a freaking wall against everything and deals more competently against horse and flier emblem, plus his design is great, Lucina is also great, I love her great lord design, she is a great boosting unit while able to hold her own, and Lucina is and always will be a rare character, Roy is a fast hitting, special triggering monster, but that's about it besides his high mobility, classic design, and possibly best quote in the game "ROY'S OUR BOY!". Like I said I went with Lyn and have not been dissapointed, and another option is summon as much as possible on the normal banner before you pick your 5* that way you can always pick a unit you didn't get via summoning.

I chose Lyn because I wanted to avoid colorless hell, plus she has the same name as my big sis and I have yet to pull her in any other form.  Of course her being the first archer cav unit helped clinch the deal as well.  I managed to pull Ike and Lucina, Ike is a great green unit while I don't find Lucina any better then my Lucas.  I would say pick the one that you feel you need the most, and pull for anyone else you want you get a free pull as well as the free 5*.

Pull as many as you can before the option to choose goes away. There's no indication it will go away, but I assume it will happen perhaps on the last day of the banner. There's plenty of orbs coming in the next two weeks, so you may earn your most wanted picks naturally.

I thought about the logical options - namely that I had no greens or colourless four stars left to get so Ike and Lyn, both of whom I was planning to go for, would be the obvious choices to narrow down...

But then I realised the only one I would be unhappy at missing would be Roy, so I chose him for the certainty. They're all very good, so just go with the one you like the most and then pull for the rest... or do what  was suggested above and pull first before picking :D

Ike is pretty much unkillable, he probably should be able walk to  kill anything that isn't red melee. I think he can solve lot of trouble Lyn can't. She might be better than Rein, but if you have later you can as well go with Ike instead.

He is also only brave hero I don't have yet T_T. Don't get me  wrong, if I could redo my choice nothing would change. Lyn is love, Lyn is life.

Ike is very powerful, but he doesn't have a unique unit type like Lyn, and he's also the easiest to pull for. So I'm happy with my choice of Lyn, even though I'm still frustrated by my inability to pull Ike so far.