Culture in the Region of Seinara

Florina's #1 Fan

I have vaguely described the countries on my continent, but I have not gone into much detail. Here, I will post on the various cultures of Seinara [Say-nahr-uh] (I named the continent! The name is derived from the Japanese word for 'Holy', seinaru). I will start with Lyrouche, the main country.

Lyrouche is a monarchy, the current king is Lord Firos, who's daughter, Syllish, was to inherit the throne when she turned twenty, but at twelve she was put in a coma from the Empirion incident. The Empirion is the country's national treasure, a powerful crystal housed inside the castle and guarded by the royal sage. The culture in Lyrouche is plain, but they do hold a prejudice against shifters, because Lyrouche is not the native home of any type of shifter. Most shifters avoid government when they can, so anarchies and free regions like Tryst are preferred in comparison to more strict, government focused countries.

The country largely believes in Ancia, the goddess of control and light. Lyrouche isn't focused on religion, but again, most do believe in the goddess, and those who worship Larces are usually ignored, treated poorly, or in some serious cases, imprisoned.

Lyrouche has a bit of a god complex, as it has the most power and believes itself to be the most morally sound, as well as the best generally, of the Seinaran governments, making negotiations with Lyrouche painful and long, as they demand too much and return too little simply because they believe they are superior to the other countries. This is why they don't really have allies, they have countries who deal with them, like Riese, Kestra, and Shurca, and countries that fight back or pick fights themselves, like Nykos and Nicholas.

Royal knights of Lyrouche are considered the best in the continent, and because there is an abundance of troops due to common patriotism (or you could say egotism) and a rather large population, soldiers are not always taken into training. The current captain of the royal guard, Gill, maintains strict control over these men and women, and demands only their best for the royal family.

Hawkinson is a village near the capital that is small, humble, and most noteworthy, the home of Taren, Tenn, Tyken, and Annika. It tends to attract those who are lost or wandering, and it's homely appearance also makes it a prime bandit target. Unfortunately, Hawkinson villagers must fend for themselves, as the capital doesn't really care what happens to poorer communities like Hawkinson, as they don't make the capital much money.

Lyrouchi playable characters: Taren, Tenn, Tyken, Annika, Gill, Karti, Schall, Simon, Ramona, Shel, Michael, Pim, Gwenivere

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

Today I'm going to write on Kestra, a home to any able to afford it. It is bordering Riese, an ally, Nykos, with whom it has a mutual distaste of, Shurca, a trade partner, and Maya, a desert wasteland with little to no population.

Kestra is an aristocracy, and the dukes, duchesses, and councilors are extremely powerful because of the country's wealth. They do not have much of a military force, though, because most Kestrans are pacifists or value their lives over their country. This is why they are allied with Riese: Riese sends them skilled mercenaries to protect the Northern Kestran border, and in exchange, Kestra gives a large sum of money to Riese each year, like an annual mercenary fee and a payment for Riese's loyalty.

It is damp and hot, which is perfect for many herbs and flowering plants. The flora that grow there are sold an an extremely high price, due to their multiple uses, such as tome page paper, medicinal use (vulneraries, elixirs, salves, etc.), and simply aesthetic pleasure. This makes Kestra a very rich country, the richest on the continent, in fact, and those who live there pay hefty taxes with pride. Some who live outside of Kestra question the quantity of plants, because those types of plants should not grow in such abundance naturally, but the people of Kestra don't look into it, because they'd prefer to keep the moneymaking plants in high supply.

There are very few children, because most Kestrans are older, and have built up the wealth to not only live there, but set up a spot where they can cultivate plants and sell them, which takes time and money that they would otherwise have to use on kids.

Kestra is not openly religious.

Kestra is one of the only countries that has wyverns, who live on misty mountains that separate Northwest Kestra from Southwest Nykos.

Kestran playable characters: Yerilla, Harley

Edited by Florina's #1 Fan

Tonight, I will write on the island country Daeryn, a poor country with no ability to take care of its people.

Daeryn is wet, cold, and miserable. Thousands of years ago, it was connected to Shurca, but it broke off after an intense earthquake. The country makes very little money, and the money it makes is from traveling merchants that have sworn to serve Ancia, and the majority of the profit is given back to the church. The people of Daeryn are in constant famine, and eat small animals that don't have much nutritional value due to desperation.

The country is a theocracy, its ruler is a church led by Clergyman Sashma, Sashma refuses to help the starving people of Daeryn because he believes that the goddess Ancia lets those people die if they are meant to die. Daeryn is truly isolated from the other countries of Seinara, it has no enemies or allies, and because Daeryn is very poor, there isn't a particular reason to make a partnership with them. There are only people living in Daeryn because they were born there and raised to believe that they were born to be servants of the temple until they die.

The only stand out thing in Daeryn is the temple, called the Caelum Sanctum. It is essentially a skyscraper with an altar at the top. Each level of the tower has blessed water flowing through it, and it is said that those with pure hearts and holy intentions can drink from it and then ascend the rest of the tower without any difficulty. The altar is restricted to visitors, only those who give offerings to the church may enter and pray at Ancia's altar. The Caelum Sanctum is considered the most tranquil and beautiful spot in all of Seinara, but few can go to the top of the tower and back down without serious and unhealthy physical stress. Many Daeryns stealthily slip inside the tower, hoping that they can pray to Ancia and be blessed with food, but they are too malnourished to reach the top.

There are no playable Daeryn characters, the only notable Daeryn is Sashma.

Tonight, I will be writing on Shurca, the cold peninsula bordering Lyrouche and Kestra. (Sorry I didn't write yesterday, I was sick)

Shurca is a cold, dry country surrounded by dense forests and icy mountains. The people there are under a direct democracy. Most would find living in Shurca unpleasant, because it's icy and has many hostile wild animals, but its inhabitants are happy with the lives they have. Very few Shurcans venture outside their country, those who do are merchants that return with new goods that Shurca doesn't have, like wheat and berries from Lyrouche, or herbs from Kestra. Shurcan merchants are paid by the state to retrieve these goods, and the state gets some of the revenue from the selling of those products along with some of the money that is spent on fish, the most commonly consumed food, which Shurca has plenty of.

Their religion praises Ancia, the goddess of control and light. They believe the goddess blesses them with their food, because no other country has the mass quantity of life on their shores.

Shurca has a small military, but the country is renowned for its excellent sharpshooters. Due to the constant hunting, Shurcans must often be trained in the way of the bow, and this results in skilled marksman across the region. There are other types of warriors there, but not many, because Shurca is primarily isolated, refusing to get into most, if not all, conflict,  and has no reason to raise up troops for military combat.

Shurcan playable characters: Cris

It was for my story here. You were the moderator that told me how to move it, but I wasn't sure if this was an okay place or if it should be in written works, because it isn't really a story, it just has to do with the story. Sorry if it's in the way or it isn't supposed to be here, I can report it myself if it isn't. Also, the tag I have on it links to all the other work that has to do with my writing, I just forgot to mention it in the post. 

P.S. That Ephraim pic is disgusting.

Disliking Ephraim is grounds for a ban. :P:

Since this is a supplemental work to another story, I'll move it into Written Works.  If you have a LOT more you want to write, you can start up a blog, and link it in your sig.