Elise Confirmed!

RotomGuy

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Captain Karnage said:

And this contributes... how?

This is the 3rd post in the thread where somebody bitches about the character reveal and contributes nothing to the overall discussion.

8 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

So her tome is actually Fates' version of Mjolnir (a different tome from Thor Hammer, the Mjolnir in Jugdral and Awakening).

She might also carry Lightning, as seen with those floating orbs.

It does seem odd-- I figured they'd have given her light magic, but they didn't. The execution of the mages in general in this game is definitely not what I expected.

5 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

This is the 3rd post in the thread where somebody bitches about the character reveal and contributes nothing to the overall discussion.

It does seem odd-- I figured they'd have given her light magic, but they didn't. The execution of the mages in general in this game is definitely not what I expected.

We haven't even gotten dedicated users for fire or wind yet have we? It's just been lightning and a bit of darkness from what I've seen....

41 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

There was no Light magic in Fates though. There was no actual distinction, but none of the tomes were Light-based either, iirc.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

There was no Light magic in Fates though. There was no actual distinction, but none of the tomes were Light-based either, iirc.

And Takumi didn't use a wind sword.

They're not exactly playing tight with character portrayals. 

Just now, The DanMan said:

And Takumi didn't use a wind sword.

They're not exactly playing tight with character portrayals. 

They're taking a lot of liberties, but so far, but Robin and Elise both use actual tomes found in their native games (we only got to saw Leo get bodied, so lol).

But speaking of Robin and Elise, they seem to be doing template moves for similar types of units. I noticed that Cordelia and Hinoka shared some moves, but I wasn't entirely sure, but now I see Robin and Elise both use the same kind of electric orbs for their basic moves. That's a bit disappointing. Hopefully this changes depending on equipped weapon or something.

Also, I must have missed Takumi's wind sword. I watched his part of the demo, but I don't recall him using that.

23 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

They're taking a lot of liberties, but so far, but Robin and Elise both use actual tomes found in their native games (we only got to saw Leo get bodied, so lol).

But speaking of Robin and Elise, they seem to be doing template moves for similar types of units. I noticed that Cordelia and Hinoka shared some moves, but I wasn't entirely sure, but now I see Robin and Elise both use the same kind of electric orbs for their basic moves. That's a bit disappointing. Hopefully this changes depending on equipped weapon or something.

Also, I must have missed Takumi's wind sword. I watched his part of the demo, but I don't recall him using that.

Well in terms of the type of magic used yes but the tome Robin has is apparently a 'Steel Tome' and that was definitely not a tome in Awakening so that's not exactly true.

Edited by Solaris998

17 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Well in terms of the type of magic used yes but the tome Robin has is apparently a 'Steel Tome' and that was definitely not a tome in Awakening so that's not exactly true.

Wait, as in 'steel' the weapon level variant? Perhaps tomes are being streamlined into the same set of options as the Iron, Steel, Silver, Brave physical weapons... that's disappointing if true.

15 minutes ago, DIO said:

Wait, as in 'steel' the weapon level variant? Perhaps tomes are being streamlined into the same set of options as the Iron, Steel, Silver, Brave physical weapons... that's disappointing if true.

Entirely possible, crappy quality but the best I could find. Definitely says Steel. Makes me think he's gonna start smashing people over the head with it

a5e6ebea-9b04-4dc5-a845-6e814e713e87.jpg

4 minutes ago, Solaris998 said:

Entirely possible, crappy quality but the best I could find. Definitely says Steel. Makes me think he's gonna start smashing people over the head with it

a5e6ebea-9b04-4dc5-a845-6e814e713e87.jpg

Yeah that's pretty hard to make out, but no doubting it says 'steel'. As much as the concept of using magic books as a bludgeoning weapon sounds humorous (I could actually see it being an interesting design variation in the future), It's not really what I'd expect from Robin.

So I guess that means that Tomes are going to be omitting their base/El/Arc progression... as I said, that's disappointing to speculate.

it is not better to call this game fire emblem marketing? 

I'm tired of the same characters, is that the developers do not know that there are characters more interesting and charismatic than those of fate?

Edited by Fiorex

23 minutes ago, Fiorex said:

it is not better to call this game fire emblem marketing? 

I'm tired of the same characters, is that the developers do not know that there are characters more interesting and charismatic than those of fate?

The fourth post with someone doing nothing but whining and not contributing to the discussion at hand. Anyways, the devs said they were focusing on SD, Awakening, and Fates primarily... and out of those, I don't see much promise from SD's characters.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

7 hours ago, The DanMan said:

I'm saying I'm disapointed, I've no hype left for this game

anytime we se a trailer I go.......wow....such....surprise.....meh

1 minute ago, Captain Karnage said:

I'm saying I'm disapointed, I've no hype left for this game

anytime we se a trailer I go.......wow....such....surprise.....meh

So don't post.  Nothing says that you have to.  But if you do post, you need to follow SF's rules.

37 minutes ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Like it how they make some of the particle effects really cutesy while she murderizes everyone. Was it me or did she use a Gravity stave in one part of the trailer?

I don't think it was a Gravity staff (I think those don't even exist) - that effect looked more like Enfeeble to me. Of course, that makes it sound like she's rendering the enemy too weak to resist her charm. And I like it!

Just now, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't think it was a Gravity staff (I think those don't even exist) - that effect looked more like Enfeeble to me. Of course, that makes it sound like she's rendering the enemy too weak to resist her charm. And I like it!

Ah. I thought it was a name of a stave you can use in Heroes. Must have thought wrong. Carry on! Nothing to see here!

3 minutes ago, TrueDarkAce said:

Ah. I thought it was a name of a stave you can use in Heroes. Must have thought wrong. Carry on! Nothing to see here!

Oh. Goes to show how much I DON'T know about Heroes (haven't bothered playing it since Naga knows when). What'd it look like again...?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Oh. Goes to show how much I DON'T know about Heroes (haven't bothered playing it since Naga knows when).

https://feheroes.gamepedia.com/Gravity Holy crap I was right. And Elise actually does wield it in game! Broken clocks and all of that lol

6 hours ago, DIO said:

Yeah that's pretty hard to make out, but no doubting it says 'steel'. As much as the concept of using magic books as a bludgeoning weapon sounds humorous (I could actually see it being an interesting design variation in the future), It's not really what I'd expect from Robin.

So I guess that means that Tomes are going to be omitting their base/El/Arc progression... as I said, that's disappointing to speculate.

In Warriors, Tomes are not restricted to a single spell, mostly because the tome users will use said spells in their movesets (f.ex. Robin uses Elfire as his C2, Elwind as his C3, Thoron as his C4, and so on). It's probably the best way to do tome users for this game actually, because spells would otherwise be restricted to one tome. It also gives magic users a unique niché compared the other classes in that they're (presumably) able to wield every normal FE element (Fire, Thunder, Wind, Light, Dark) in their moveset + the fact that they hit Resistance instead of Defence.

In general, here's my guess at what every character is leaning to in terms of the main FE elements:

• Fire: Camilla
  • Thunder/Lightning: Chrom, Lucina, Lissa
  • Wind: Takumi
  • Light: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Hinoka, Cordelia
  • Dark: Corrin, Xander
  • All of them: Robin (leans towards Thunder/Lightning), Leo, Elise

I've omitted Frederick: I was sure he was gonna be Thunder/Lightning due to the mark he left on the ground in one of the videos, but then I saw that same mark during one of Hinoka's (or Camilla's) attacks and her main element is something completely different.

4 hours ago, Folt said:

In general, here's my guess at what every character is leaning to in terms of the main FE elements:

• Fire: Camilla
  • Thunder/Lightning: Chrom, Lucina, Lissa
  • Wind: Takumi
  • Light: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Hinoka, Cordelia
  • Dark: Corrin, Xander
  • All of them: Robin (leans towards Thunder/Lightning), Leo, Elise

Wonder if they do HW-styled elemental weaknesses, but they probably won't since the WT and flier weakness exist. If they were, it'd be a light glut again, but dark is pretty thin.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wonder if they do HW-styled elemental weaknesses, but they probably won't since the WT and flier weakness exist. If they were, it'd be a light glut again, but dark is pretty thin.

And if they do bring back elements, I hope they don't pull the same bull that they did in HW where one element clearly got the short end of the stick...

11 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

The fourth post with someone doing nothing but whining and not contributing to the discussion at hand. Anyways, the devs said they were focusing on SD, Awakening, and Fates primarily... and out of those, I don't see much promise from SD's characters.

How is it not contributing? They're contributing their opinion about the reveal: specifically, that they are unhappy with it, and that it has only served to continue trends that are responsible for them having little hype in the first place.

Just because you (and some others) personally are content with the roster does not give you the right to prevent anybody else from criticizing the game. Criticism is still a contribution, even if you don't like it. I would argue that his post, insubstantial and petty as it is, contributes far more to the thread than people like you who are complaining about people complaining.

Regardless of how good the game ends up being, it's pretty much a fact that this is one of the most spectacularly mishandled pre-release periods in recent history. Completely discounting the whole "it's missing three of the four most popular characters in the series, according to a poll that was taken right when it was announced and reinforced right before it came out, and the fourth nearly got cut" thing and focusing purely on what's relevant to the topic, let's just talk about the Elise trailer for a moment.

First off: Understand that even though you personally may not see much potential in Shadow Dragon characters, your opinions -- and I understand that this may be a revelation to you, so hold onto your seat -- are not shared universally across the entire fanbase. Considering that recent developments imply that the number of potential slots left for Shadow Dragon characters may be very limited, tensions are extremely high right now, so having yet another 3DS-era character get revealed feels rightfully like a slap in the face to these fans.

That would be bad enough, of course, but they aren't the only ones who have a right to be upset. Fans of Fates got to have Elise confirmed, but Elise was also on her own -- which caused an initial backdraft so great that they had to basically admit that Sakura is as good as confirmed too. This poses its own issue: with Fates now having as many characters as it does, the chances of any Fates characters who aren't the royals (including Azura and Corrin) getting into the game are virtually nil. Fans of these characters, such as Oboro, Charlotte, Arthur, and Jakob, also have every right to be upset at this announcement.

Not to be left out of the fun, with so many characters still needed for Shadow Dragon and Fates, Awakening also suffers. The little sisters were the royals most likely to get NPC'd, but now that they're in, even Awakening may need to make sacrifices. Will Tharja be locked off as a pre-order bonus or as Day 1 DLC? Will Owain and Severa make the cut at all? We have no idea, and at this rate, lord knows when we're going to find out. It's simply not healthy to be hyped for this game, and it's easy to see why people like the people you're complaining about view cynicism as the only option.

The Elise trailer is good news for fans of Elise and welcome news for fans of Sakura and perhaps Azura, but should absolutely be treated as ominous news for fans of literally anyone/anything else. This should especially be the case after viewing her trailer and realizing that she seems to largely be Leo but with more underage girl upskirts. Cynicism in this case should be the expectation, not cause for exile.

Edited by Iridium
Severa, not Selena, not that it matters

The trailer for Elise looks really nice, and she looks just as cute as always! I'm going to assume this means we'll also get Sakura, and she'll probably be our 2nd bow unit, giving Takumi some company. I wonder if they'll show Azura and Sakura next, or if they'll go on to Shadow Dragon, and then show off whatever characters are left for Awakening and Fates, if there are any.