Conquest Optimal Playthrough

Ebastia12

Been wondering about this for a while now. What would be the best way to play Conquest? Which characters should you use? Which pairings should you use? Which classes should you use? I'm sorry, I realize that this is a very big question to ask, but I'm just super curious and I think that others would benefit from this information as well.

Best way to play - Have fun with the game.

Everything else - Go back to the first post.

It's a game, and who cares how you play, as long as you enjoy yourself without hurting others?

Define optimal.

Conquest rarely requires you to act fast. So, depending on defintion, simple tactics or low-cost tactics can become more optimal than a fast-clear tactic.

Like, say. for kitsune hell, Benny slowly walking from the start point to the end is slow but easier than most things you can do in that map. He doesn't particularly need the Beast Killer to do it, either.

Edited by guedesbrawl

I see, I'm sorry that I didn't really explain what I was trying to ask, and I'm not even sure if I know my self. I have a tendancy to want to do everything to the best of my ability, so I guess I kind of just meant how to play the best, which isn't a much better explaination. I guess whatever is easy, takes a short amount of time, and is not incredibly unenjoyable. I apologize for lack of clarification.

In which case, the best thing to do is get off of SF, pick up the game, and play through it several times.  Find out what works for you!  Mine was Ignatius as a Vanguard.

You could play it on Normal Casual, to get used to the maps and know the characters, then move to Hard Classic and enjoy being killed. :P:

As others have mentioned, just pick the characters that you like and enjoy the ride. If you like the characters and their interactions or the abilities of a particular class, you will have a better time than actually following the most 'efficient' way to clear a map. After all, if you are going to spend 20-40 hours with a set of characters, you should better enjoy them.

To give you an example: I played as female Corrin multiple times, only to realise how much I preferred Felicia's character over Jakob's. Yes, Jakob may be more useful, but I love Felicia. Now I only play as male Corrin, precisely to recruit Felicia as early as possible.

Just give it a try and come back with specific questions about a map that troubles you.

Edited by starburst