• Nailah
    • Tibarn
    • Oliver
    • Sigrun
    • Tanith
    • Haar
    • Jill
    • Astrid

I often try to defeat Bosses with Characters, who's Victory against that Boss would feel the most meaningfull. So I thought, I would make a Poll about that in RD, since there are so many Characters, that have Dialogue with the Bosses there.

The Herons are included, because of Spectre Cards.

Edited by Noni

As for the douchenators definitely Sanaki to revenge them. However Naesala has more than a good reason to kill Lekain too.
As for Deghinsea I like Tibarn's convo the most and he has the biggest reason to revenge him for tolerating slavery of his conspecifics.
Levail is a bit hard to rank because I don't really know his exactly role in Begnion and his relationships.
As for Sephiran I go for the Holy Guard.

Either one of the bird kings would work best as the killers of Lekain. Neasalla has more personal motives but Tibarn has made avenging Serenes the top on his priority list for years.

Kurth seems like the natural choice to defeat Dheginsea since he's his son and Dheginsea is holding back against him.

Levail is kind of a nobody with no relation to anyone but Zelgius so I don't really care who kills him.

I think Ike would be the best choice of defeating Lehran. Main hero vs main villain. Sanaki's also a choice but she probably really wouldn't want to do it. 

5 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Sanaki's also a choice but she probably really wouldn't want to do it. 

Unless you can Card to bypass it (I don't know), Sanaki and Sephiran refuse to attack each other.

Having Micaiah kill Sephiran would be interesting- were it not for the fact the two have no chemistry, whereas Ike has a history of interaction with Seph (and for all we know, just might have been Elena's father in the earliest versions of PoR's plot- so the Ike connection has always been there).

36 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Unless you can Card to bypass it (I don't know), Sanaki and Sephiran refuse to attack each other.

Having Micaiah kill Sephiran would be interesting- were it not for the fact the two have no chemistry, whereas Ike has a history of interaction with Seph (and for all we know, just might have been Elena's father in the earliest versions of PoR's plot- so the Ike connection has always been there).

Ah yeah. I assumed they were like Kurth and Dheg where only the good guy can attack by boss refuses to attack back. 

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

I think Ike would be the best choice of defeating Lehran.

He already has guaranteed Kills against Zelgius AND Ashera. Don't let him hog any more kills to himself.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

The Cards can't be used by Magic Users as far as I know.

Edited by Noni

So, in order. . .

Hetzel - Chose Reyson, since Hetzel tried to save the herons IIRC.
Lekain - Naesala.  Should be self-explanatory.
Levail - I don't know too much about this guy except he's kind of sympathetic, so I chose the most beautiful character of all to remove him.
Dragon Guy - He's being stubborn, not comically evil (see: senators).  So I chose The Leader of the Band That Does Stuff Instead of Sit Around, Micaiah.
Sephiran - He screwed over the herons hard, so I figured the heron who lost the most would be his most fitting executioner.

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

Sephiran - He screwed over the herons hard, so I figured the heron who lost the most would be his most fitting executioner.

He did? Wasn't the massacre all Lekain's fault and the starting point of Sephiran going crazy.

Or did you mean he screws over the surviving Heron siblings? 

22 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

He did? Wasn't the massacre all Lekain's fault and the starting point of Sephiran going crazy.

Or did you mean he screws over the surviving Heron siblings? 

The latter.

On 9/3/2017 at 5:14 PM, Etrurian emperor said:

As a tangent, I find it a little odd that Lekain is stated to have planned the murder of the Herons, given he is 51 in RD, that mean he was only in his thirties or late twenties during the Massacre. If he really planned it (as opposed to some geriatric or now dead guy), he must have been quite the masterful Senator at a young political age. No wonder he ended up becoming Vice Minister later. Could you imagine stronger political leverage over your colleagues  in corruption than "Excuse me, what gives you the authority to override me? Let me ask the question- who murdered the Apostle and got away with it? Was it any of you? .... Silence, just as I thought. Now back to the matter at hand..."?

Also, Haar should kill Levail. Haar gets the best boss convo with him, I rather like it actually:

Haar vs Levail

Levail: Captain Haar! You are still alive!
Haar: What happened that you didn’t expect me to survive?
Levail: Um… Nothing, I suppose. It’s just that it’s been a while since you left Begnion.
Haar: Yeah. Twenty years ago, wasn’t it?
Levail: I was still very young at the time. You had just been dubbed a knight. Oh, it brings back such memories… The bravery of the dracoknights, especially the Fizzart Platoon. It was legendary among the soldiers. But then you suddenly defected to Daein.
Haar: I got sick of taking orders from corrupt senators, so I ditched the country with General Shiharam.
Levail: I joined the army after I came of age. But it was different after you all left. It was as if you took its spirit with you. The only exception was General Zelgius, the general of Duke Persis’s army.
Haar: I see. Is that why you’re under his command?
Levail: Yes. He is the last true knight. I will die for him.
Haar: Yes, Levail. You will.
Levail: How I dreamed of fighting a proper foe! I am honored, Sir Haar! Have at you!

If by poetic victories you also include tragic victories...

Hetzel: Sanaki. Because he is not as evil as the other senators, but still stays on their side, therefore his complacence deems him guilty. His end as a traitor being defeated by the Empress herself is befitting of him, and she being the one to deal the final blow also makes it tragic (due to Hetzel's moral conflict).

Lekain: Naesala. He's the Blood Pact's longest victim.

Levail: Haar, due to his backstory on Begnion and his conversation with Levail before the battle.

Dheginsea: Kurthnaga. It proves that he surpassed his father as a leader to the dragon tribe, serving as a crowning moment and a "coming of age" for him. It is also tragic, for obvious reasons.

Sephiran: Ike.

Ashera (she was not included, but whatever): Micaiah. Not Yune, Micaiah.

Behold! A topic of poetic victories in Radiant Dawn's endgame! And lo! For who could weave a tale of such beauty but the most beautiful of men - Oliver!

We know our hero's origin well: a life filled with excess, corruption, and depravity. His slavery exposed, his crimes brought to light, his sins punished by the harsh gaze of justice.
Ah, but the goddess is merciful. She offers the opportunity to atone for his sins!
In the death of a conceited debaser, a guardian of beauty rises anew. Annealed and galvanized by his new charge, he challenges the goddess herself so all that is fair and aesthetically pleasing may be preserved. Life without beauty would not life be.

Hetzel, a former conspirator of Oliver, is stricken upon beholding such a dynamic change in the latter's soul. Oliver blasts clean the first link to his own heinous past, proving both that he now serves beauty as beauty once served him, and that words without action are but impotence.
"You could never understand the depth of my commitment to beauty! Sometimes it simply overwhelms me. I can’t stop the love welling up inside! I’d do anything to keep the hideous likes of you from my precious birds!"

But what man better embodies the filth of Oliver's past better than Lekain, the puppet master of the Serenes Massacre? He is confused to see Oliver free from his strings. Grace's champion strikes down the greatest scourge elegance has ever known, demonstrating that the light of beauty outshines all else.
"I am Oliver, champion of beauty! You would harm my precious feathered angels! That makes you my enemy! Unsightly man… Prepare yourself!"

Levail plants his heels and staunchly defends the Begnion military's waning pride. He stares in wonder at the sinner turned savior. Spying that he is unlike the monsters of the previous floor, Oliver extends the gift he himself had been graced with - a second chance.
"True beauty is immortal. Look at me. Right now, I am flawless. You are not without potential. With education, you could aspire to be me."
Alas, loyalty is not without its cost: Levail has chosen his side and would become a traitor should he abandon it. He dies a true soldier, and the world weeps. It is a sad day when virtue must fight virtue.

Oliver is not the only one proving he is a changed man: Kurthnaga trusts his heart and takes a stand against his father. His boyhood behind him, he challenges the notion that doom is certain. The young man proves that with chaos comes hope, and earns his father's rank and blessing. As Dheginsea passes on, he muses that his son rekindled a hope within him he thought long extinguished.

Sephiran, a man deeply scarred by Lekain's savage destruction of beauty, and by the assassination of his descendant, now awaits the culmination of his plan. He has concluded that life will inevitably snuff out all that is delicate and graceful, and so seeks to end all things. He desires to protect beauty, but through alternative means - no harm can come to beauty if none exists at all. Oliver cannot allow such an approach to be carried out.
"Lord Sephiran, as lovely as always. But has it come to this? Must we fight to the death, and deprive the world of one of our beautiful countenances? Can other lovers of beauty endure such a loss?"
It is a sorrowful day when beauty must fight beauty. The world is made less by Sephiran's loss.

Lehran sees the light that once eluded Oliver: beauty must be defended, for the sake of future generations and those in the present. He too seeks to atone for what he has wrought and forge a brighter tomorrow.

With Ashera's defeat, Oliver continues his quest to champion beauty. In a world of peace, however, this comes in the form of patronage and funding. The wealth amassed by his former self is now shared, that elegance and refinement may once again grow and flourish.
His is a tale of taking a stand for your beliefs and of redemption.

Edited by Phazon Archon