Never combine dairy with meals

Ronnie

I have cheese on my burgers...

Doesn't that count?

Though relating to the story of eating stuff and regretting it, there was a time that I remember where I ate some Mac and Cheese with rootbeer, then not even ten minutes later I had some Reeses Peanut Butter Cups while still chugging down the rootbeer and I wound up bed-ridden and eventually puked on my poor dog who was lying next to the bed (I wasn't trying to do this; I just wanted to puke anywhere but on my bed).

And this other time when I was really young I went to an iHop and had an order of triple stack chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips in them, chocolate milk on the side, and chocolate syrup to pour on it.  I don't think I need to tell you how it made me feel a couple hours later, but I loved that disgusting diabetes-inducing meal regardless.

8 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

And this other time when I was really young I went to an iHop and had an order of triple stack chocolate pancakes with chocolate chips in them, chocolate milk on the side, and chocolate syrup to pour on it.  I don't think I need to tell you how it made me feel a couple hours later, but I loved that disgusting diabetes-inducing meal regardless.

Dude I remember having an apple pie with apple juice and my mother gave me a look of disgust. I thought she was just being negative but I felt so gross from the apple saturation and haven't drank apple juice since lol.

I once ordered "french cakes" from a little breakfast place (everything on the menu was sweet- not remotely a healthy breakfast cafe). I thought "this sounds nice, french toast dipped in pancake batter", I forgot, or rather ignored, as someone pointed out to me at the time- they left out the word "fried" on the menu. Add maple syrup, and the whole thing, rather embarrassingly (I'll spare you the details), gave me bad gastrointestinal issues later.

Also, the forgettable and minor US president Zachary Taylor may have died, in full or in part, of eating cherries and iced milk in hot and humid Summer weather, and while in the heavy clothing of the era.

26 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I once ordered "french cakes" from a little breakfast place (everything on the menu was sweet- not remotely a healthy breakfast cafe). I thought "this sounds nice, french toast dipped in pancake batter", I forgot, or rather ignored, as someone pointed out to me at the time- they left out the word "fried" on the menu. Add maple syrup, and the whole thing, rather embarrassingly (I'll spare you the details), gave me bad gastrointestinal issues later.

Also, the forgettable and minor US president Zachary Taylor may have died, in full or in part, of eating cherries and iced milk in hot and humid Summer weather, and while in the heavy clothing of the era.

I blame Zachary Taylor death on crappy 19th century medicine, but that is another story. I never tried mixing dairy products with other foods are meats, fruits, and vegetable. Except other dairy products, chocolate milk works well with the mourning Doughnut

Some fruits and dairy do not mix (like one time I had apple juice with yogurt and omg, never again). But strawberry milkshakes should be fine, even with pizza. Maybe it was a bad combination with pizza, though I'd find that odd because I drink milk with pizza all the time...

There must've been something else in the milkshake that caused it.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Some fruits and dairy do not mix (like one time I had apple juice with yogurt and omg, never again). But strawberry milkshakes should be fine, even with pizza. Maybe it was a bad combination with pizza, though I'd find that odd because I drink milk with pizza all the time...

There must've been something else in the milkshake that caused it.

Nah I just always found milk drinks with meals gross since elementary school. But I couldn't resist strawberry milkshakes on the menu after ordering the pizza lol.

Just now, Ronnie said:

Nah I just always found milk drinks with meals gross since elementary school. But I couldn't resist strawberry milkshakes on the menu after ordering the pizza lol.

Huh, I see then.