September event Schedule

V-raptor

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

Since there isn't even one full set of Tellius maps yet, I'm guessing the FE9 TT means they must be planning an FE9 banner mid-month. For the other map set, they'll probably use the CYL maps.

The problem I have with this is that TT's always have a banner of their x1.4 bonus units. And I assume those four would include some new heroes. But the New Heroes banner overlaps with the TT.

5 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

The problem I have with this is that TT's always have a banner of their x1.4 bonus units. And I assume those four would include some new heroes. But the New Heroes banner overlaps with the TT.

The summer voting gauntlet overlapped with the two summer banners, so it just didn't bother having its own banners. Could be the same here: make the new banner the x1.4 units and have it also function as the gauntlet banner.

---

Re: BK scoring: His total points from his four incarnations is 11,683, which is between the actual 21st (Dorcas) and 22nd (Nowi) place scores.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I initially thought they have the brave heroes as bonus units but that will now likely happen for the mini TT. As for who are the bonus units for the regular TT they never introduced new units for TT so if it is indeed PoR themed we could be looking at a selection of four from Ike, Mist, Soren, Titania and Sanaki.

Arguments can be made against Sanaki since she was introduced as being a RD character and not PoR but I could also see them not chosing Ike since he has been in so many banners lately. Then again, people probably still would spend money on Ike. But then we have just the same banner we had when these units were introduced.

In conclusion they have to break some pattern here.

Aw dangit. I was really hoping that the next TT would be Sacred Stones-themed, since I actually have several characters from that game. I don't have a single Tellius character aside from Titania, who isn't that great (unless you give her skills that I don't have) and who will probably only be a 20% bonus unit. Getting max points with only Clive as my bonus character during the last TT was not that fun. Hopefully BK will be a 40% unit, because after CYL I doubt I'll have enough orbs to pull from another banner for awhile.

Edited by Sproutling
typo

I wonder if the mini tempest might be themed after Greil's fight with the Black Knight?

And then we could get Greil w/ Urvan (and likely nothing else ala Masked Marth) as the free unit for that one. THe maps could use some of the PoR maps we have now, with the CYL maps thrown in. The new banner could be more PoR maps and like the second echoes tempest, they could draw on some of the original maps for heroes.

10 minutes ago, r_n said:

I wonder if the mini tempest might be themed after Greil's fight with the Black Knight?

And then we could get Greil w/ Urvan (and likely nothing else ala Masked Marth) as the free unit for that one. THe maps could use some of the PoR maps we have now, with the CYL maps thrown in. The new banner could be more PoR maps and like the second echoes tempest, they could draw on some of the original maps for heroes.

Now that Urvan is one of the most powerful legendary weapons in the game, I doubt anyone else is getting it anytime soon, especially a free unit. It'd feel like a slap in the face to people who selected or pulled for Ike.

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

Now that Urvan is one of the most powerful legendary weapons in the game, I doubt anyone else is getting it anytime soon, especially a free unit. It'd feel like a slap in the face to people who selected or pulled for Ike.

a slap in the face to the people who pulled the character with extra stat bonuses, a unique and great secondary skill and another great (though not unique) skill currently only available on him?

Like Urvan is good, but Brave Ike has a bunch of things going for him in addition to that. They could even make Greil have veteran penalties if they really wanted to nerf his specific Urvan.

20 minutes ago, Othin said:

I agree. if this were months after the CYL banner, I would say it's been long enough for people not to mind. Greil w/Urvan and a worse stat spread than Ike (like, say, having more speed) would be an extremely generous handout for players and a cool character addition to boot since Greil was never playable. Not even as a bonus character for FE9's Trial maps.

As for the mini TT, I wonder if a free 5 star is really in the cards. Mini sort of implies there's not as much going on in terms of rewards. But modes and mechanics in the last month have proven to be extremely generous, so maybe it's time to stop expecting the bare minimum when it comes to this game.

Apparently there is speculation that the BK will be in the banner on the 15th (like nothing with any evidence but people are speculating)

Please tell me I am not the only one who would absolutely hate that...

I hope somehow Micaiah is introduced this month, because she's the only one of the top 10 who still isn't in the game, and she'll be getting a calendar so it would be nice if they could use new art for it. But it seems like PoR is the focus, not RD. Maybe RD for end of the month?

19 minutes ago, MPhoenix said:

Apparently there is speculation that the BK will be in the banner on the 15th (like nothing with any evidence but people are speculating)

I actually was thinking this myself to be honest. I would much prefer him to a GHB so you can get him for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion IS will want to make money from him. I think either the map we seen him on the live action trailer will either be his GHB map or an Paralogue/Main Story chapter map.

11 minutes ago, Zelgius said:

I actually was thinking this myself to be honest. I would much prefer him to a GHB so you can get him for sure, but I have a sneaking suspicion IS will want to make money from him. I think either the map we seen him on the live action trailer will either be his GHB map or an Paralogue/Main Story chapter map.

I see at as a possibility considering I don't personally think they'd show his GHB map in advance but I still lean toward GHB (if only because I want to be able to get him without spending gods know how much). All of the Grand Hero Battles have been antagonists or villains of some kind (the exceptions being F!Robin and Navarre and even Navarre starts off as an Enemy unit in his game) so GHB still seems more likely for him. And while more unlikely I could see him as a Tempest Trial reward of some kind, but I think that's going to be Nephenee.

Edited by Solaris998

The FE Warriors maps start on the 21st, the same day in August that Valter's GHB started. If they're a form of Hero Battles where you fight and recruit FE Warriors characters, I can see why they'd take the place of a GHB for September. Although they're set to last over a full month, so hopefully they won't also interfere with the possibility of an October GHB at all.

• eclipse changed the title to September event Schedule

It's also pretty much confirmed that mini TTs will be a way to merge existing TT unit.  If you hit more info you can see lyn is now giving a bonus and "Marth" is shown as a reward for 15k, as a 5*.

"Marth" is also a bonus unit at 20% with no other TT reward as a bonus implying we will only get Marth and not Tobin or Clive.

This is kind of disappointing. I know they had to release duplicates of TT units somehow but doing so on one of the grindiest outlets they could have is going to be really annoying.  

Imagine doing TT and MiniTT 11 times per unit...GHB is a much better system for duplicates. 

Edited by Lushen

34 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I think it's pretty cool actually. Getting 5* "Marth" for merge is lot less work grinding and  promoting 4* one. You need lot of arena fights to get 20k feathers after all.

And of course if you're happy using that many feathers, there's always the 4* versions of TT units as well.

Edited by Othin

I guess I'll switch out Azura for Ninian on my Tempest Team.  I used Sonya, Alm, Reinhardt for my team last time.  The stat bonus is really nice, so I might switch around a few units.  Hector is nice, but he'd kill the turn count, trying to move his 1 movement across the map.  I've got a nice Lyn I could use, or even Eliwood, but he's 4*, and I don't know if I want to commit 20K feathers to him, when I have several other Red Cavs.

12 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I guess I'll switch out Azura for Ninian on my Tempest Team.  I used Sonya, Alm, Reinhardt for my team last time.  The stat bonus is really nice, so I might switch around a few units.  Hector is nice, but he'd kill the turn count, trying to move his 1 movement across the map.  I've got a nice Lyn I could use, or even Eliwood, but he's 4*, and I don't know if I want to commit 20K feathers to him, when I have several other Red Cavs.

Good you mention the speed factor. I was thinking of a Hector, Hector, masked Marth & Ninian team, but without Amelia, Hector would be too slow. 

This pushes Ursula & Anna to the top of my 5* promotion queue (next 20k should be ready after voting gauntlet finishes). Lloyd and Eliwood are out, since masked Marth takes the sword slot. I still have some hours to ponder that out...

Another option would be Wings of Mercy on Hector... 

I thought using Tharja was the easiest fit to a team for these, but Ninian is even easier.

I do have a Hector, but not much point in bringing him. Maybe I'll use Eliwood a bit to grind his HM up while he has improved stats. I'm going to enjoy this thing at the very least!

23 hours ago, MPhoenix said:

I would really hate having to spend orbs to get the Black Knight. He seems like a perfect fit for a GHB, so I always assumed that's how he would be introduced.

Guess I'll have to save up orbs just in case then...

3 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good you mention the speed factor. I was thinking of a Hector, Hector, masked Marth & Ninian team, but without Amelia, Hector would be too slow. 

This pushes Ursula & Anna to the top of my 5* promotion queue (next 20k should be ready after voting gauntlet finishes). Lloyd and Eliwood are out, since masked Marth takes the sword slot. I still have some hours to ponder that out...

Another option would be Wings of Mercy on Hector... 

Now that I think about, I could give Masked Marth the same Renewal setup that I run on Alm.

Ursula is a great choice for 5*, if you can give her blarblade.  I have her on my primary Horse Emblem team, and she's great.

So it looks like my team will be Definitely-not-Lucina, Ninian, and Reinhardt.  I'm not sure who will take that Green slot.  I used Sonya, Boey, and Nino in the last three.  Nino needs Eirika, so not her.  Sonya is close to capping HM, so I might go with Boey, or even Soren, who I'm thinking of giving a Gronnraven build.

3 minutes ago, Bartozio said:

I thought using Tharja was the easiest fit to a team for these, but Ninian is even easier.

I do have a Hector, but not much point in bringing him. Maybe I'll use Eliwood a bit to grind his HM up while he has improved stats. I'm going to enjoy this thing at the very least!

I would really hate having to spend orbs to get the Black Knight. He seems like a perfect fit for a GHB, so I always assumed that's how he would be introduced.

Guess I'll have to save up orbs just in case then...

It would be really weird to have BK in a Banner, rather than a GHB.  I guess Reinhardt and Eldigan were villains in Banners, so it wouldn't be unprecedented, but it seems a bit odd.

I was planning on saving my orbs for the Eirika and Ephraim BHB to try for reds, but I may have to try for Ninian instead. I have Eliwood, but having him take up a character slot for my Tempest team would be difficult to work around, since I'd either have to run a second red with "Marth" as a Falchion healer, or run an actual healer, which feels like another waste of a slot. Plus I'd like a Ninian anyway, after failing to get her in the past few banners she's been in. Just in case though, I guess I'll be training up Eliwood to level 40 before it starts.

For Black Knight, I would expect him to be a GHB, but I wouldn't be terribly upset if he was on a banner instead, since I'd be okay with passing him up. Not having it happen this month seems a bit odd, though, which makes a banner appearance a bit more possible. On the other hand, I feel like Nephenee will probably be a banner unit, but getting her for free through Tempest Trial would be very nice, especially for a Slaying Lance+.

Edited by DefaultBeep