Least favourite character(s)?

SOV was a great game. I liked it. However, not all characters are as fantastic. Share!

I hate Delthea with a passion, to the point where she is my least favourite fire emblem character, topping Ronan. She is not only bad, she is also rude and full of herself. I hate her so much.

I like everyone else in the game.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nomah is the only character who springs to mind. Not that I dislike using him, as he can be a good back up healing unit or back up attack unit should enemies get too close, but he really lacks in gaining experience. He's a character I feel would benefit from using on the Pitchforks so you can retrain him, whether it's using the Dread Fighter loop once or just having him go through the Mage line again.

I do like the character and his story/relationship with Celica as her mentor once she leaves Ram Village. I just wish he was a stronger unit from the get go.

1 hour ago, Michelaar said:

SOV was a great game. I liked it. However, not all characters are as fantastic. Share!

I hate Delthea with a passion, to the point where she is my least favourite fire emblem character, topping Ronan. She is not only bad, she is also rude and full of herself. I hate her so much.

I like everyone else in the game.

Delthea, bad? Not that I knew of, I mean her personality is either hit or miss so I get that, but her growths are very solid for the most part, so combining her growths with the female mage growths, she has 20% hp (pretty bad tbh), 75% attack growth, 30% skill (meh), 60% speed, 40% luck, 15% defense (mage so expected to be low), and 5% res growth(like everyone else in this game). So I'll admit overall these stats aren't the greatest besides that attack and speed growth, but she does access to ragnarok, one of the most powerful and limited spells in the game with 20 might, the only other unit with access being Celica. Delthea may not be the best, but she excels at attacking and hitting hard, I know what I did with her is not what everyone does, but she never let go of the starsphere, so she often gained perfect level ups due to all her growths (besides res) being increased by 30%, and I personally like her character as she has massive talent, and recognizes it, but wants to be her own individual, and being a little full of herself is a given, as she is a descendant of a very powerful mage who's power is only inherited by female descendants, so growing up she was always praised as such and it boosted her ego. Though if we're talking about ego's, let's not leave out how big Mae's is. Either way though it's your opinion, but I personally consider Delthea my favorite of the game (besides Alm, Celica, Mathilda and Python)

Anyways, I enjoyed every character in echoes from a character standpoint, but for combat, it's a tie between Nomah, Mycen and Valbar, these guys have the lowest growths and stat total out of everyone in my army, besides the cipher units which I still need to train.

Delthea was a favorite of mine too. You have to be cautious with her at first, but she can gain levels quickly and before I knew it she could easily kill off anything that came her way and was a sturdy enough unit. She's the perfect candidate for a Mage Ring.

I could see someone not liking her for her personality though. I found it funny how she thought she was so amazing, and I liked her support conversations.

Deen is my least favorite because i can't take his voice seriously. And edgelord should not sound like Squidward. Other than that, i like everybody.

If we go into NPCs, i also dislike Fernand. He's a massive jerk and his motivations aren't really justified tbh.

I feel like I've written about this in numerous threads already, so I'll do the quick version.

Alm

The worst written character in the game and my second least favorite lord in the series. He contradicts the themes of the game or renders them null. He never has to change his way of thinking, he never really fails with anything, everyone save for the baddies worship him, and he comes across as an idiot for handwaving the truth of his family situation. 

Celica

A generic anime princess we've seen dozens of time that gets hit by the idiot bat so hard I'm surprised she didn't wind up in a coma. You know what she does wind up as though? A damsel! In the end she doesn't accomplish much in the grand scheme of the story and is the one who has to apologize to Alm and admit she was the one who made all the mistakes. Lovely. 

Berkut

A filler villain who accomplishes nothing, not even being humanized, yet we're supposed to care about his fate. 

Rudolf

The guy is batshit insane, just like many other Fire Emblem villains. The difference here is that we're supposed to sympathize with this guy.

Fernand

A guy who abandons everything and turns against all he ever fought for for really, really poorly explained reasons. Accomplishes nothing, yet we're supposed to care about him and not be angry that he's actively being a dickweed and fights against his kingdom out of spite. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Rinea

She could've been a literal object and she would've had the same effect on Berkut. 

Mycen

The guy who I've changed my opinion of the most since finishing the game. He still has one of the best supports in the game with Alm, but in the main story, I think they tried making him strict, but he instead ends up acting cold and indifferent. Plus, his plot powers are insane, always showing up where the game needs him to be to spout exposition or what have you. The fact that he effectively tells Alm to stop being a pussy about killing his father is really irritating.

Delthea

Just annoying. Nothing major.

Faye

Forgot about her. She's static, shallow and one-note, while also managing to be creepy and manipulative without being called out on it. 

Edited by Thane

Clive. He just comes across as a bad person and because I know that wasn't the intention I can also say he's poorly written. 

He's got no leg to stand on in his attempt to ditch Alm and because of it he also contribute to Alm not being as well written as he should be. Its the Hana support all over again. 

If it weren't for Corrin, Alm would be the FE protagonist who had the most people unjustifiably sucking his dick. As it stands, he has no real growth, never is truly challenged, and tries to be a "deconstruction" of FE feudalism without actually being nuanced about it. 

That would be Faye.  Her actions scream crazy, and yet no one calls her out on it.  Her support with Silque doesn't make up for the sheer insanity that is her ending.

Oh gee, I like pretty much all lf the playable cast, absolute favourites being the Ram kids, Celica, Mae, Boey, Jesse, Kamui, Lukas and Silque. For non-playables...it's the predictable Berkut and Rinea. I love them both so much<3

I guess the ones I'm mostly indifferent to would be...

Clive: He just kinda...I don't...there's something about him that makes me just, not care? If you know what I mean? He was awful as a unit in all three playthroughs I've done, and while I understand what the writers were trying to do, he just came across as really weak.

Clair: Oh god, I'm gonna get so much flak for this...I loved her introduction, she genuinely didn't realise she was being rude, but then she just kinda dropped off, characterwise. She was just, there.

Mathilda: Okay, 10/10 badass woman, but that's it, really. Btw, was that pose in the cell really necessary? I don't mind fanservice, but it looked really out of place.

Leon: Again, gonna get so much flak...people call out Faye for obsessing over Alm, but they don't call out Leon for obsessing over Valbar? He also feels too...how to put this..."stereotypically" homosexual, design and characterwise. I understand he has that whole thing about a past love but...?

Nomah: Nothing against him, he just joins too late. I missed him in my first playthrough.

8 minutes ago, Lau said:

Leon: Again, gonna get so much flak...people call out Faye for obsessing over Alm, but they don't call out Leon for obsessing over Valbar? He also feels too...how to put this..."stereotypically" homosexual, design and characterwise. I understand he has that whole thing about a past love but...?

the big difference between faye and leon is that leon isn't totally defined by liking valbar

like, yeah he mentions valbar in most of his conversations, but outside of those he doesn't really at all. he's got his own fun, charming personality, and he can be likable in his own way. he's a pretty boy who's got a pretty huge ego, but he also has a crush on valbar which is pretty heavily focused on in his conversations

on the other hand, faye's pretty much completely defined by liking alm. one of her crit quotes is "For Alm!", one of her victory quotes is "Did you see that Alm?", her class change quote is "Anything to keep you safe, Alm", and there's really not much to her aside from that. unlike leon, we don't even know why she likes alm so much, and there's nothing about it that's actually interesting for her. so i think it's really not the same thing with those two

Edited by unique

2 minutes ago, unique said:

the big difference between faye and leon is that leon isn't totally defined by liking valbar

like, yeah he mentions valbar in most of his conversations, but outside of those he doesn't really at all. he's got his own fun, charming personality, and he can be likable in his own way. he's a pretty boy who's got a pretty huge ego, but he also has a crush on valbar which is pretty heavily focused on in his conversations

on the other hand, faye's pretty much completely defined by liking alm. one of her crit quotes is "For Alm!", one of her victory quotes is "Did you see that Alm?", her class change quote is "Anything to keep you safe, Alm", and there's really not much to her aside from that. unlike leon, we don't even know why she likes alm so much, and there's nothing about it that's actually interesting for her. so i think it's really not the same thing with those two

That's very true, but I still think that Leon mentions Valbar a tad too much to be healthy. Also the thing that...Valbar just lost his family? I don't think he needs someone who's a tad overly infatuated with him right now. But ah well.

13 minutes ago, Lau said:

That's very true, but I still think that Leon mentions Valbar a tad too much to be healthy. Also the thing that...Valbar just lost his family? I don't think he needs someone who's a tad overly infatuated with him right now. But ah well.

Just look at how differently two serious topics are approached by Leon and Faye. Leon straight up asks Valbar what happened to his family, and ends the conversation by saying he's impressed by the latter's attitude and mental fortitude. Faye, once she heard about Alm and Celica fighting, tries to manipulate him to capitalize on his vulnerability.

Like unique said, not only does Leon have a personality outside of Valbar, but their relationship is more or less one beween two equals. I don't know what I would call Faye's relationship with Alm, other than creepy as all get-out.

Edited by Thane

Faye for reasons people have already mentioned.

Conrad for being a largely pointless add-on character who doesn't really add anything to the plot other than being Tuxedo Mask.

Oh man, I forgot all about Faye. Good grief woman, ALM ISN'T INTO YOU! Clair may be infatuated with Alm, but like Leon she isn't defined solely by her love interest.

As a unit, I liked Faye since she was a helpful Cleric thanks to her spell set. But as a character....yeah, I think I'll change my answer from Nomah to Faye.

I'll...fifth (?) Faye. Unpopular (I think) opinion incoming: I think Tobin is the least interesting Ram villager. He seems to be the "heart" of the group but I don't know WHY that is. I guess he also has his Alm inferiority complex (what else is new) and his friendship with Gray, and while it's nice that doesn't make him an interesting character to me.

Have to agree with most other people.... Faye was unbearable, all she focused on was Alm and even after their last support she still doesn't move past Alm. 

Part of me wishes that she had a support with someone else and fell in love with them, would have made her a much more bearable character for me if she would have shown at some point that she had moved past Alm.

I did not like the White Wings in this game. I found all of them annoying, except mayyybe Palla.
Est was definitely the worst. Grating voice and dialogue aside, I still won't forget what she does after FE3. Her supports with her sisters in this game only make it worse.

I'm not particularly fond of Tatiana either, but I'm definitely more neutral on her.

All of that aside, there was no character I truly disliked.

8 hours ago, Thane said:

Just look at how differently two serious topics are approached by Leon and Faye. Leon straight up asks Valbar what happened to his family, and ends the conversation by saying he's impressed by the latter's attitude and mental fortitude. Faye, once she heard about Alm and Celica fighting, tries to manipulate him to capitalize on his vulnerability.

Like unique said, not only does Leon have a personality outside of Valbar, but their relationship is more or less one beween two equals. I don't know what I would call Faye's relationship with Alm, other than creepy as all get-out.

That's fair enough, though I wouldn't call what Faye was doing manipulation.

It still doesn't change the fact that Leon is not one of my favourites. I don't hate him, god no, but I don't love him.

I like Faye because I can get past the more creepier aspects of her Alm obsession. Let's leave it at that.

4 minutes ago, Lau said:

That's fair enough, though I wouldn't call what Faye was doing manipulation.

Faye: I don’t mean to pry, Alm, but I heard you and Celica had a fight. Well, don’t feel bad—you’ve been apart a long time, after all. You can’t expect Celica to understand what’s going through your head. Only someone who’s been with you the whole time could ever truly understand. Someone who knows you so well she thinks exactly as you do. Someone who would do whatever you’d ask…if only you would. Those are the sort of friends you need to keep close.

What part of this is not manipulation? It's disgusting.

7 minutes ago, Lau said:

I like Faye because I can get past the more creepier aspects of her Alm obsession. Let's leave it at that.

What more is there?

11 minutes ago, Thane said:

What part of this is not manipulation? It's disgusting.

What more is there?

Right okay, I'm trying to be polite, but just lay off? You might not like Faye but I do? Surely that's all that matters, right?

There's a reason why I grouped the Villagers together, if I mentioned Faye on her own, people would start, whoop-dee-doo.

She has a great design and voice, and I like her A support with Alm, because he actually lets her down gently. Is that alright?