The Birth of a Falcommie

SullyMcGully

For years, I thought it was a joke. "It can't be that great," I told myself. "It would be popular if it was that great." But after spending a year on a Fire Emblem forum where the "Trails of" series is more popular than Fire Emblem, I finally gave in. And I emerged... a Falcommie.

So I just finished Trails in the Sky FC and I'm going to start on SC after my vacation. You guys were right. I shouldn't have resisted. I now know what I was missing out on. I will now join your ranks and incessantly sing the praises of Aidos all throughout the forums.

12 hours ago, unique said:

is "falcommie" actually the name people use for whatever this is, because I want to like it just so I can call myself a falcommie

I kinda invented it. So far as I know, there isn't another name for Falcom fans (in the US, at least.) 

A Falcommie? Where?! *Readies my Buster Sword*

Ya better get gone ye Reds! This forest is for 100% Final Fascists only!

I'd consider getting into Nihon Falcom games, but I don't have Steam nor a PS4, so I don't have access to their lineup really.

25 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

A Falcommie? Where?! *Readies my Buster Sword*

Ya better get gone ye Reds! This forest is for 100% Final Fascists only!

I'd consider getting into Nihon Falcom games, but I don't have Steam nor a PS4, so I don't have access to their lineup really.

Hey, wait, does this mean I can't be a Final Fascist anymore?

I played TitS (wow, that acronym has problems) through GOG.com. They let you download the games to your PC without having to worry about a whole lot of extra installation stuff. I played it on a very weak old laptop and only suffered minimal slowdown, so the barrier to entry isn't that high if you want to play the first trilogy. 

I only played one game from Falcom, namely Gurumin 3D. I thought it was pretty 6/10. If I wanted to become a Falcommie, what single game should I get my hands on?

4 hours ago, Zera said:

I only played one game from Falcom, namely Gurumin 3D. I thought it was pretty 6/10. If I wanted to become a Falcommie, what single game should I get my hands on?

Ys Memories of Celceta

or get the latest Ys game, Ys VIII for PS4 and Vita.

11 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Trails in the Sky FC and SC are available on PSP.  Trails of Cold Steel 1 and 2 are available on the Vita (and maybe the PS3, can't remember).

5 hours ago, Zera said:

If you like action, go with the Ys series (I'll leave the people who actually play Ys to recommend a game).  If you like reading a lot of text, go with Trails in the Sky.

On 9/5/2017 at 1:43 PM, Aya Shameimaru said:

Falcommie sounds a like sickness to me tbh., but anyways I discovered the awesomeness of their games this year too by playing the two Trails of Cold Steel parts. It made me want to play other Erebonia parts.

Remove the "Fal" part will make it sound less like a sickness.