If you could create your own FE class what would it be?

Heruseus

So, I'm working on an FE fan game, and while I may have 116 classes, I would like a few more. So try and come up with weapons to use, design and three class changes. (Yes, I am usuing a 4-tiered class system). Before you say that it's a lot of classes, there are 14 acts, each with 40 chapters. Thanks for your help!

Yeesh, a four-tier class system?  You've got your work cut out for you.  I imagine if you wanted that many classes, you'd have to make your own game from scratch since not even the newest games come close to having that many classes.  Or chapters.

Still, I'll try my best.  For Armors, I would recommend building up as follows:

Tier 1: Sword Knight, Lance Knight, Axe Knight

Tier 2: Sword General (Swords and Lances), Lance General (Lances and Axes), Axe General (Swords and Axes)

Tier 3: Marshall (Swords, Lances, and Axes)

Tier 4: Grand Marshall (Swords, Lances, Axes, and Bows)

I hope you've actually thought out how feasible such a huge project could possibly be.  You might have more chapters planned than there are in the whole series!  (Not counting remakes.)

31 minutes ago, Von Ithipathachai said:

I hope you've actually thought out how feasible such a huge project could possibly be.  You might have more chapters planned than there are in the whole series!  (Not counting remakes.)

Yeah. 12 of the 14 acts follow different armies, each army with a max of 20 playable characters. Theres 240 unique playable characters. The 13th act is a grand finale and the 14th is a post game story

In some of my ideas screwing around with fexp/fan games I was thinking about making people that turned into baels (those giant spiders in fe8). And was planning on letting the player get one at some point on the team, they would be similar to the sub-humans from fe9-10, or wolfskins, kitsune, etc.

I also thought it would be cool to have a best rider unit besides the horses the goes on the ground like a boar or something. Not sure if that's helpful or not, but I think it would be awesome to have some classes like that in Fe Esq game.

Here are some classes I collected from various games.
If you want ideas for classes, the Final Fantasy and Tactics Ogre series have some nice classes in them.

[Spell Casters]

Mage (anm)
Shaman (drk)
Monk (lgt)

Sage (anm / sta)
Druid (drk / sta)
Bishop (lgt / sta)

Archsage (anm / lgt / sta)
Necromancer (drk / anm / sta)
Sorcerer (lgt / drk / sta)

Warlock (anm / lgt / drk / sta)

[Healers]

Priest (sta)
Cleric (sta)
Troubadour (sta)

High Priest (sta / lgt)
Witch (sta / drk)
Valkyrie (sta / anm)

Summoner  (sta / lgt / anm)
Illusionist (sta / drk / lgt)
Holy Knight (sta / anm / drk)

Elementalist (sta / anm / lgt / drk)

[Flyers]

Wyvern Rider (axe)
Pegasus Knight (lnc)
Eagle Knight (bow)

Wyvern Knight (axe / lnc)
Falcon knight (lnc / swd)
Griffon Rider (bow / axe)

Wyvern Lord (axe / lnc / swd)
Phoenix Knight (lnc / swd / bow)
Dragon Master (bow / axe / lnc)

Dragoon (lnc / axe / bow / swd)

[Mounted Units]

Sword Cavalier (swd)
Lance Cavalier (lnc)
Axe Cavalier (axe)

Peer (swd / lnc)
Great Knight (lnc / axe)
Gallant (axe / swd)

Paladin (swd / lnc / axe)

Grandmaster (swd / lnc / axe / bow)

[Infantry - sword]

Myrmidon (swd)
Mercenary (swd)
Thief (swd)

Swordmaster (swd)
Samurai (swd)
Rogue (swd)

Sword Saint (swd / lnc)
Hero (swd / axe)
Assassin (swd / bow)

Champion (swd / lnc / axe / bow)

[Infantry - lance]

Von Ithipathachai's suggestion with a little change.

Soldier (lnc)
Armor Knight (lnc)
Lancer (lnc)

Sword Knight (lnc / swd)
Bow Knight (lnc / Bow)
Axe Knight (lnc / axe)

*they get two weapons because of their low move*

Sword General (lnc / swd / axe)
Bow General (lnc / Bow / swd)
Axe General (lnc / axe / bow)

Grand Marshall (lnc / swd / axe / bow)

[Infantry - axe]

Villager (axe)

Fighter (axe)
Pirate (axe)
Brigand (axe)

Warrior (axe / bow)
Berserker (axe)
War Lord (axe / swd)

Gladiator (axe / bow / lnc / swd)

[Infantry - bow]

Recruit (bow)

Archer (bow)
Hunter (bow)
Nomad (bow)

Sniper (bow)
Ninja (bow / swd)
Nomadic Trooper (bow / lnc)

Ranger (bow / lnc / axe / swd)

[Rider Classes]

*here are some beasts if you want help*

[tier - 1]
Snake, Frog, Turtle, Tiger, Lion, Panther, Cat, Fox, Dog, Wolf, Bison, Elephant,
Rhino, Monkey, Gorilla, Camel, Shark, Whale, Octopus

[tier - 2]
Mammoth, Dinosaurs, Ancient animals

[tier - 3]
Basilisk, Fairy, Goblin, Mermaid, Cockatrice, Cerberus, Gorgon, Giant

[tier -4]

??? [maybe dragons?]

Eh, why not? I'll take a swing, but be warned, I go all out on this sort of thing. Just about everything's kind of tentative, and it's possible you already did something like this considering you're rocking over 100 Classes. The concept is the moral compass found in games like D&D - Lawful Neutral, Psychotic Evil, and the like(is it obvious I don't play D&D?) - using Good, Evil, Order, and Chaos as the points of the compass. Each Unit using the Tier 1 Class would in theory be able to access any one of the four Class Trees, but would have to find a way to return to the Tier 1 Class before trying a new path. I don't have any Skills or anything special designed for any of them right now, but I could probably whip something up if you want.

Out of curiosity, if you use any suggestions from here, do we get credited for it in this fan game of yours? Not gonna lie, it would be cool to see our own names/Usernames in the credits of a game.

Tier 1: AdventurerA simple traveler whose destiny remains in their own hands. Swords/Lances/Axes/Daggers.(whichever you happen to want to use or maybe select which one each Adventurer uses as you recruit them? I don't even know if you use Daggers as weapons in your game, actually, but whatever)

Tier 2a: AcolyteA traveler who has begun their journey along the path of Light. Lances.

Tier 3a: Light Fighter - One who has devoted themselves to the path of Light. Lances, Staves.

Tier 4a: Templar - A warrior who has transcended darkness and truly embraced the Light. Lances, Light Magic, Staves.

Tier 2b: InitiateA traveler who has taken their first step on the road to Darkness. Dark Magic.

Tier 3b: Dark Fighter - One who has branched out further into the Darkness. Dark Magic, Axes.

Tier 4b: DoomKnight - A warrior who has expelled all light from their heart in favor of the Darkness. Dark Magic, Axes, Anima Magic.

Tier 2c: Monk - A traveler who has discovered inner peace through Order and harmony. Swords.

Tier 3c: Peacekeeper - One who enjoys bringing Order and harmony into others' lives. Light Magic, Dark Magic.

Tier 4c: Guardian of OrderA warrior who has sworn to uphold peace and Order for all their days. Swords, Light Magic, Dark Magic.

Tier 2d: RebelA traveler who has decided that rules and peace are a thing of the past. Daggers.

Tier 3d: InsurgentOne who finds satisfaction in bringing Chaos and confusion to all. Daggers, Bows.

Tier 4d: Chaos Lord - A warrior who has let anarchy and Chaos claim their soul. Daggers, Bows, ?Chaos Magic?(if you're willing to make that a thing, otherwise I've got no third weapon idea for this one)

I'll also probably edit in my own personal FE Classes I've made for my two OCs at some point, so look forward to that, I guess.

56 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, why not? I'll take a swing, but be warned, I go all out on this sort of thing. Just about everything's kind of tentative, and it's possible you already did something like this considering you're rocking over 100 Classes. The concept is the moral compass found in games like D&D - Lawful Neutral, Psychotic Evil, and the like(is it obvious I don't play D&D?) - using Good, Evil, Order, and Chaos as the points of the compass. Each Unit using the Tier 1 Class would in theory be able to access any one of the four Class Trees, but would have to find a way to return to the Tier 1 Class before trying a new path. I don't have any Skills or anything special designed for any of them right now, but I could probably whip something up if you want.

Out of curiosity, if you use any suggestions from here, do we get credited for it in this fan game of yours? Not gonna lie, it would be cool to see our own names/Usernames in the credits of a game.

Tier 1: AdventurerA simple traveler whose destiny remains in their own hands. Swords/Lances/Axes/Daggers.(whichever you happen to want to use or maybe select which one each Adventurer uses as you recruit them? I don't even know if you use Daggers as weapons in your game, actually, but whatever)

Tier 2a: AcolyteA traveler who has begun their journey along the path of Light. Lances.

Tier 3a: Light Fighter - One who has devoted themselves to the path of Light. Lances, Staves.

Tier 4a: Templar - A warrior who has transcended darkness and truly embraced the Light. Lances, Light Magic, Staves.

Tier 2b: InitiateA traveler who has taken their first step on the road to Darkness. Dark Magic.

Tier 3b: Dark Fighter - One who has branched out further into the Darkness. Dark Magic, Axes.

Tier 4b: DoomKnight - A warrior who has expelled all light from their heart in favor of the Darkness. Dark Magic, Axes, Anima Magic.

Tier 2c: Monk - A traveler who has discovered inner peace through Order and harmony. Swords.

Tier 3c: Peacekeeper - One who enjoys bringing Order and harmony into others' lives. Light Magic, Dark Magic.

Tier 4c: Guardian of OrderA warrior who has sworn to uphold peace and Order for all their days. Swords, Light Magic, Dark Magic.

Tier 2d: RebelA traveler who has decided that rules and peace are a thing of the past. Daggers.

Tier 3d: InsurgentOne who finds satisfaction in bringing Chaos and confusion to all. Daggers, Bows.

Tier 4d: Chaos Lord - A warrior who has let anarchy and Chaos claim their soul. Daggers, Bows, ?Chaos Magic?(if you're willing to make that a thing, otherwise I've got no third weapon idea for this one)

I'll also probably edit in my own personal FE Classes I've made for my two OCs at some point, so look forward to that, I guess.

This was actually really brilliant. I like it. 

20 hours ago, JimmyBeans said:

In some of my ideas screwing around with fexp/fan games I was thinking about making people that turned into baels (those giant spiders in fe8). And was planning on letting the player get one at some point on the team, they would be similar to the sub-humans from fe9-10, or wolfskins, kitsune, etc.

I also thought it would be cool to have a best rider unit besides the horses the goes on the ground like a boar or something. Not sure if that's helpful or not, but I think it would be awesome to have some classes like that in Fe Esq game.

I've been considering having others, but I already plan on usuing laguz, but maybe I should do something original, thanks for the idea!

13 hours ago, ranger016 said:

Here are some classes I collected from various games.
If you want ideas for classes, the Final Fantasy and Tactics Ogre series have some nice classes in them.

[Spell Casters]

Mage (anm)
Shaman (drk)
Monk (lgt)

Sage (anm / sta)
Druid (drk / sta)
Bishop (lgt / sta)

Archsage (anm / lgt / sta)
Necromancer (drk / anm / sta)
Sorcerer (lgt / drk / sta)

Warlock (anm / lgt / drk / sta)

[Healers]

Priest (sta)
Cleric (sta)
Troubadour (sta)

High Priest (sta / lgt)
Witch (sta / drk)
Valkyrie (sta / anm)

Summoner  (sta / lgt / anm)
Illusionist (sta / drk / lgt)
Holy Knight (sta / anm / drk)

Elementalist (sta / anm / lgt / drk)

[Flyers]

Wyvern Rider (axe)
Pegasus Knight (lnc)
Eagle Knight (bow)

Wyvern Knight (axe / lnc)
Falcon knight (lnc / swd)
Griffon Rider (bow / axe)

Wyvern Lord (axe / lnc / swd)
Phoenix Knight (lnc / swd / bow)
Dragon Master (bow / axe / lnc)

Dragoon (lnc / axe / bow / swd)

[Mounted Units]

Sword Cavalier (swd)
Lance Cavalier (lnc)
Axe Cavalier (axe)

Peer (swd / lnc)
Great Knight (lnc / axe)
Gallant (axe / swd)

Paladin (swd / lnc / axe)

Grandmaster (swd / lnc / axe / bow)

[Infantry - sword]

Myrmidon (swd)
Mercenary (swd)
Thief (swd)

Swordmaster (swd)
Samurai (swd)
Rogue (swd)

Sword Saint (swd / lnc)
Hero (swd / axe)
Assassin (swd / bow)

Champion (swd / lnc / axe / bow)

[Infantry - lance]

Von Ithipathachai's suggestion with a little change.

Soldier (lnc)
Armor Knight (lnc)
Lancer (lnc)

Sword Knight (lnc / swd)
Bow Knight (lnc / Bow)
Axe Knight (lnc / axe)

*they get two weapons because of their low move*

Sword General (lnc / swd / axe)
Bow General (lnc / Bow / swd)
Axe General (lnc / axe / bow)

Grand Marshall (lnc / swd / axe / bow)

[Infantry - axe]

Villager (axe)

Fighter (axe)
Pirate (axe)
Brigand (axe)

Warrior (axe / bow)
Berserker (axe)
War Lord (axe / swd)

Gladiator (axe / bow / lnc / swd)

[Infantry - bow]

Recruit (bow)

Archer (bow)
Hunter (bow)
Nomad (bow)

Sniper (bow)
Ninja (bow / swd)
Nomadic Trooper (bow / lnc)

Ranger (bow / lnc / axe / swd)

[Rider Classes]

*here are some beasts if you want help*

[tier - 1]
Snake, Frog, Turtle, Tiger, Lion, Panther, Cat, Fox, Dog, Wolf, Bison, Elephant,
Rhino, Monkey, Gorilla, Camel, Shark, Whale, Octopus

[tier - 2]
Mammoth, Dinosaurs, Ancient animals

[tier - 3]
Basilisk, Fairy, Goblin, Mermaid, Cockatrice, Cerberus, Gorgon, Giant

[tier -4]

??? [maybe dragons?]

Nice! I really like it when people give me a lot, so that if I don;t like one thing, I get multiple things to see and cherry pick. Thanks!

4 tiered classes sound like a lot of work. I guess this would be something:

Serpent Rider- A knight riding on the back of a massive snake, uses bows to shoot down fliers.

Serpent Master- A knight who has completely finished the taming of his serpent, uses bows and daggers.

Hydra Tamer- A seasoned knight who has moved onto a more durable and unwilling mount, uses bows, daggers, and lances

Hydra Overlord- A talented veteran who has tamed the untameable beast, uses bows, daggers, lances, and swords

On 9/5/2017 at 9:59 PM, Heruseus said:

Yeah. 12 of the 14 acts follow different armies, each army with a max of 20 playable characters. Theres 240 unique playable characters. The 13th act is a grand finale and the 14th is a post game story

Okay but why?

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 3:13 AM, Heruseus said:

Before you say that it's a lot of classes, there are 14 acts, each with 40 chapters.

If you do the maths, that would result in a grand total of 560 chapters. Radiant Dawn, the longest game in the franchise, doesn't even have a tenth of that. How exactly do you plan on going about this? However easy you think it may be, mark my words: this is a long, difficult road. It's not a quick five minute job in Feditor, or a simple stat tweak in Nightmare.

On 05/09/2017 at 11:13 PM, Heruseus said:

So, I'm working on an FE fan game, and while I may have 116 classes, I would like a few more. So try and come up with weapons to use, design and three class changes. (Yes, I am usuing a 4-tiered class system). Before you say that it's a lot of classes, there are 14 acts, each with 40 chapters. Thanks for your help!

This seems far too big, I'd avise not doing so. If you plan on having each story follow a different army. Do AT MAX 4, if not the charcters will be too generic to be memorable, and even so I highly doubt the writing could fleash out 80 characters.

On 9/6/2017 at 7:45 PM, Florina's #1 Fan said:

4 tiered classes sound like a lot of work. I guess this would be something:

Serpent Rider- A knight riding on the back of a massive snake, uses bows to shoot down fliers.

Serpent Master- A knight who has completely finished the taming of his serpent, uses bows and daggers.

Hydra Tamer- A seasoned knight who has moved onto a more durable and unwilling mount, uses bows, daggers, and lances

Hydra Overlord- A talented veteran who has tamed the untameable beast, uses bows, daggers, lances, and swords

That sounds amazing. I'm definently usuing this. Thank you, I'll put you in the credits. 

6 hours ago, Darrman said:

If you do the maths, that would result in a grand total of 560 chapters. Radiant Dawn, the longest game in the franchise, doesn't even have a tenth of that. How exactly do you plan on going about this? However easy you think it may be, mark my words: this is a long, difficult road. It's not a quick five minute job in Feditor, or a simple stat tweak in Nightmare.

Yeah. But like I said in my status, I want this to be a real FE game. I just want an outline and stuff.

1 hour ago, Ace Pelleas said:

This seems far too big, I'd avise not doing so. If you plan on having each story follow a different army. Do AT MAX 4, if not the charcters will be too generic to be memorable, and even so I highly doubt the writing could fleash out 80 characters.

Thanks for the advice, however, I'm going to go for it. This is my magnum opus. 

I hate to say it. But this reeks of delusions of grandeur. You're setting yourself up for disappointment. Start small, there's a very good reason why official Fire Emblem games aren't of the same scope you propose. It's just not realistic. 

6 hours ago, Kirb1337 said:

>hasn't made a single hack

>Is saying this without a shred of evidence

I haven't written much crap either, but I'm still working on a written story that spans the equivalent of six Fire Emblem games that I'd love to see acknowledged by IS in some way. Yeah, it's slow going. Yeah, people say 'think smaller' and 'don't delude yourself with visions of grandeur' but who the heck ever did anything great by listening to that kind of stuff? If it goes nowhere, then he still ended up better than where he was before because he learned from it. If it succeeds, then he laughs at all the people who said stay on the ground, you'll never be able to fly that high.

28 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

who the heck ever did anything great by listening to that kind of stuff?

http://feuniverse.us/t/kirbs-thread-of-things/2286

http://feuniverse.us/t/fe7-mounting-and-dismounting-hack/2493

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2be9dWvd_4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zote1VflVxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp3an0TUjEA

https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/6urcfc/having_completed_chapter_2_and_2x_i_am_proud_to/

If it wasn't for peoples telling me to start smaller, I would have given up, and all of that would never have happened.

41 minutes ago, SoulWeaver said:

Yeah, people say 'think smaller' and 'don't delude yourself with visions of grandeur' but who the heck ever did anything great by listening to that kind of stuff? If it goes nowhere, then he still ended up better than where he was before because he learned from it. If it succeeds, then he laughs at all the people who said stay on the ground, you'll never be able to fly that high.

Have you ever heard "don't put all your eggs in one basket"? Small victories are far superior to one massive failure. Quantity is not quality. I'd rather pay 11 chapters of Staff of Ages over 33 chapters of The Last Promise.

This got toxic fast. Look, I asked you to make a class, not complain about me and what I say. So either make some classess or leave. Thanks. 

22 hours ago, Heruseus said:

This got toxic fast. Look, I asked you to make a class, not complain about me and what I say. So either make some classess or leave. Thanks. 

So everyone who tries to get you out of your imaginary bubble is being toxic? They're trying to help you, and on top of you calling them toxic, you have the audacity to tell them to leave? That's very rude.