18 minutes ago, XRay said:

I guess that is a prestige issue that videogames have. If I have children and the extra resources to support them, I would not mind spending some money to nurture any of their passions and see if they can make a career out of it. I prefer to open as many doors for them as possible regardless of my opinion on whether or not the door is worth opening.

This might sound weird since this is the first time we spoke but thanks for not being rude despite our differing opinions

like now I can see with some respects where these parents could be coming from

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

33 minutes ago, Hashuni Mei said:

This might sound weird since this is the first time we spoke but thanks for not being rude despite our differing opinions

like now I can see with some respects where these parents could be coming from

I thought it is normal to have a regular conversation, although now that I think about it, strangers online are less likely to be civil than in real life.

Actually, I am not sure if I am completely unbiased and would support any of their passions or decisions either. Like, what if my children wants to join the infantry in the military or something? Patriotism is nice and all, but I do not want them to be peons and die.

Anyways, I came on here to find new music to listen to and stay awake at work, but the videogame thing was too interesting not to comment on.

6 hours ago, XRay said:

I thought it is normal to have a regular conversation, although now that I think about it, strangers online are less likely to be civil than in real life.

Actually, I am not sure if I am completely unbiased and would support any of their passions or decisions either. Like, what if my children wants to join the infantry in the military or something? Patriotism is nice and all, but I do not want them to be peons and die.

Anyways, I came on here to find new music to listen to and stay awake at work, but the videogame thing was too interesting not to comment on.

Hm. Perhaps being around immature fans in the kpop world made me forget about the possibility of online civil disagreements.

Well I hope you eventually found/can find new music that is to your liking here.

LOONA finally released details on their debut album and there are 4 fucking versions. Guess who's not gonna even be able to get one ;______;

i must go study!! but before that i simply must highlight the part where namjoon is like "i know what i am, i know what i want" with the different filters

aasaaaaaa 

ok that is all

fe01d671cd.pngb1164e6892.png

ok ok one more thing

“IDOL is a South African style dance track. Korean traditional beats are mixed with the African beats and supported by a trap groove with popular EDM source.”

AND THIS IS WHY I'M JUMPING THIS GROUP BE INCORPORATING SO MANY WORLD STYLES INTO THEIR MUSIC I'M FEELIN HELLA APPRECIATED AT THE SAME TIME I LOVE THAT THEY ARE SPREADING AWARENESS FOR DIFFERENT GENRES OF MUSIC AND THE CULTURES BEHIND THEM YO LOVE YOURSELF ERA WILL GO DOWN AS SOMETHING TRULY SPECIAL BLESS

Edited by Hashuni Mei

okay but I love love love the version of idol with nicki minaj

like, she killllllllllled iiiiiiiiiiit and I feel like her part(s) fits into the song so fluidly

I'm so excited for the mv with her in it

also the song itself is just... I love the energy in it and the styles they incorporated into it are great. I'm kind of just falling more and more into the song the more I listen to it

so goodbye world o/

Edited by Freohr Datia

thank goodness i wrote this up while i was reviewing my course material and listening to the album at the same time

Love Yourself: Answer - First Impressions

Euphoria - Me after JK's high note:  
7d7587fe16.png

Trivia: JUST DANCE - Yo Hobi that was so SMOOTH MY DUDE I was backflipping into the clouds. This song has me cruising on euphoria, surprisingly more than the actual Euphoria.

Serendipity - Was waiting for the addition to the track. Felt amazing when it hit. Floating once again aaaaa.

DNA - Done my first impression before. Still my bop.

Illegal -  Done before. Unfortunately not one of the songs to survive my Love Yourself: Her playlist purge, which means I haven't heard it in awhile, which also means I had a great time reliving emotions.

Trivia: LOVE - 0.34534 seconds in and we’re already kicking in the right direction. My boy RM is dropping the vocals. I’m glad the rapline are using more vocals in their tracks and to me it doesn't sound out of place. There are certain vibes/themes/feels that are better expressed when sung and tho it's not my dude's strength he still pulls it off. BTS are really spoiling us this time holy- NAMJOON HIT ME AGAIN WITH THOSE SOFT NOTES NEAR THE END I really love this dude aaaaa. Slow down Namjoon. Those trumpets throughout the track are right for my heart and I’m so happy rn. RM got me alternating between his stage name and real name so much aaaaa. I can’t wait for his live when he talks about the album :___: I love RM and this track perfectly conveys all my warm feelings for him.

Her - Done before but now I appreciate and love this song more.

Singularity - The lineup of the last two tracks leading to this one is so perfect I’m shaking. EVERything is so calming like my stress is vanishing.

The Truth Untold - Done before. Soft and powerful.

Trivia: SEESAW - This man started off by saying his name I- wow he’s singing too :____: but why is this tune so nostalgic sounding? 

Tear - \o/ Dangerous \o/

Epiphany - soft. Aaaaaa the high notes are so good. My favourite part are the aaaaas towards the end.

I’m Fine - sAve ME for the intro??? and mochi calm down with your voice I’m so ouch. THIS BEAT IS GREAT. They may be feeling just fine fine fine but I feel like crying crying crying. This album is the biggest bop of my year. And bless this track for being the So What/Wings of the album, which automatically puts it near the top for me.

Edit: Omg someone just reminded me that I’m fine and save me were flipped words in the highlight reel. IT ALL CONNECTS…

IDOL - TITLE TRACK IS EVERYTHING

Answer: Love Myself - I don’t know why I feel like this track is describing hope. It just feels so hopeful. Like we can all make it if we put in the effort no matter how difficult things get. That might not be what they are talking about in the song but it just gives me uplifting vibes.

Love yourself is such a great message to promote. When I have more time I must revisit all the songs and get the sense of their meaning in the completed picture. Omg love yourself, love ourselves despite the fluctuating feelings and challenges we are bound to face in this crazy world. If I were to pick one thing I learned over this year it'd be that giving to others out of genuine love is a good step (for me) to love myself more and not dwelling on my failing or feelings of inadequacy. It’s a long journey for many to love themselves and I’m glad BTS have sparked more conversation on this topic. Let’s all love ourselves and love this gosh darn album because gosh darn it slapped me right in the feels.

584efd19d4.pngf8e7b7d5e3.png

Edited by Hashuni Mei