• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they didn’t release another song for an entire year so it was really as if it were their last song lmao

it’s crazy how much yg is holding blackpink back, they’re doing amazingly well but they could do even better if they had more songs and more frequent comebacks

Edited by seventeen
stan luna

Spoiler

37cf6326f1.jpg

this photo is so ethereal she looks like an angel fr

the friendship between 3a girls is so pure. i keep thinking about how, after winning against li ziting and wu yingxiang's team during the group evaluation, kimberley chen immediately ran over to their side of the stage and hugged them while crying and saying "i'm sorry, i'm sorry" ;_; im glad they were able to be together for the position evaluation and i hope they all advanced past the last elimination episode. i can't imagine the show w/o the holy vocal trinity

1 minute ago, Gigavoir said:

@Myu I've found you your people, have fun. 

oh no, what have you done... I won't be able to pull myself away from this thread now

Are there any k-pop bands I could listen to besides BTS? I've been obsessed with the boys ever since I discovered them in April (Jin stan btw) and I really want to listen to more

I've heard EXO is good, so I might give them a listen 

HELLOOOO WELCOME TO THE THREAD we are very happy to see you here and hope you feel comfortable enough to post whatever you want (mei and i often shitpost when something we like is released oops so anything is fair game tbh)

it depends on what you’re looking for!! exo is more vocally based than bts, so if you like bts for their rap then you might not enjoy exo. i still recommend giving them a try though!! their music is high-quality and also they were my first ultimate bias group ?

other groups:

shinee - idk how to describe their music since they’ve been around for a long time and have a lot of songs?? but i recommend the entire 1 and 1 album (title track is tell me what to do)

monsta x - imo the kpop group with music closest to bts in that their songs are very rap-heavy. i recommend the entire shine forever repackage; hero and beautiful are their most liked songs, but my personal favourite is fighter (which was also arranged by someone who does game ost’s)

block b - tentative recommendation since idk them that well, but you may have heard that their leader zico was friends with rm back when they were both underground rappers!! zico is also accepted as the best idol rapper and i THINK the group produces a lot of their own music like bts. i like nilili mambo and very good for their faster songs and be the light for their sweeter songs

blackpink - girl group!! i think lots of armys like them because they’re also geared towards hip-hop. but fair warning that they have relatively few songs (they debuted two years ago and have 9 songs) and their company is notorious for false promises and giving his artists extreme hiatuses

OTHER others:

bigbang - is on hiatus now, but bts (and basically every newer kpop group) looks up to them a lot

day6/dreamcatcher - great if you enjoy rock music. day6 is also a band and writes all of their own music

red velvet - extremely versatile group who have done all sorts of concepts, from sophisticated (automatic) to quirky (dumb dumb) to edgy (bad boy). their rap line isn’t good but their vocal line is amazing

(seventeen - ok i am obviously very biased but hear me out. they are nicknamed self-producing idols for their heavy involvement in the composition, production, and choreography of their songs—in fact, it was the only reason they were even debut, since their company was too poor to afford composers and choreographers—so you may like them if you admire bts’s involvement in their own songs. most of their title tracks have a fresh, youthful concept i rarely see from boy groups, but if that’s not your thing they also have don’t wanna cry and thanks, which are both edm)

sorry for the long post lmao i figured that it would be better to write too much than too little. again we’re happy to have you here and hope you enjoy exploring kpop

Edited by seventeen
stan luna

honestly the list above is great and i totally agree that you should check all those groups

i’d like to also recommend that it’s worth stanning this group called (g)i-dle, you might have heard of them idk

anyway they debuted recently and their overall concept might be something you’re interested in if you’re into bts. 

Spoiler

ok i actually kind of came here to vent about something which didn’t necessarily happen today but it annoys me nonetheless because something happened today because of it

warning this is long

so i actually joined this group which was created by this really lovely girl i follow on amino. basically what she wanted to do was create a group project that aimed to inform people about girl groups; that girl groups are just as worthy, and we shouldn’t put them down even if it’s not to our tastes. this project was called #shecan and we all got to create blogs and discuss stuff which was really fun to do and i enjoyed the experience a lot.

however you might have noticed i used a lot of past tenses there, the reason is that it doesn’t exist anymore. today the creator shut it down and the reason she did it was kind of upsetting.

to keep it short: she was harassed by other users for being the creator of this project - the project that had a positive aim - which caused her to shut it down. she apparently received a lot of hate and even death threats from some trolls. not only that but people were starting to trend #hecan as a joke when that defeated the whole point of our project.

tl;dr some people being completely obnoxious causing a harmless project to be shut down. you could probably say “fight back against the haters lol” which is a possibility but i’m happy that the creator shut it down because she’s honestly the sweetest person i’ve ever met in the kpop community, and for people to threaten her is kinda disgusting ngl.

i hope people will eventually learn to love, not hate ;;

@Myu ALSO STAN STRAY KIDS THEY ARE THE NEXT BTS HAVE ONE OF THE BEST RAP LINES IN THE GAME RIGHT NOW tbh i don't even like the rest of their group that much oops

2 hours ago, glxcie said:
  Hide contents

ok i actually kind of came here to vent about something which didn’t necessarily happen today but it annoys me nonetheless because something happened today because of it

warning this is long

so i actually joined this group which was created by this really lovely girl i follow on amino. basically what she wanted to do was create a group project that aimed to inform people about girl groups; that girl groups are just as worthy, and we shouldn’t put them down even if it’s not to our tastes. this project was called #shecan and we all got to create blogs and discuss stuff which was really fun to do and i enjoyed the experience a lot.

however you might have noticed i used a lot of past tenses there, the reason is that it doesn’t exist anymore. today the creator shut it down and the reason she did it was kind of upsetting.

to keep it short: she was harassed by other users for being the creator of this project - the project that had a positive aim - which caused her to shut it down. she apparently received a lot of hate and even death threats from some trolls. not only that but people were starting to trend #hecan as a joke when that defeated the whole point of our project.

tl;dr some people being completely obnoxious causing a harmless project to be shut down. you could probably say “fight back against the haters lol” which is a possibility but i’m happy that the creator shut it down because she’s honestly the sweetest person i’ve ever met in the kpop community, and for people to threaten her is kinda disgusting ngl.

i hope people will eventually learn to love, not hate ;;

man what a crock of shit

i still can't believe the kpop community is as toxic as it is zzzz

all the compnay eval videos came out and i just gotta say MNET DOIN OUR AMERICAN GIRL DIRTY ugh like the only screentime she got was teaching the other people in B class how to the title song :^(

actually i think the other two american girls were both C's and like middle of the pack but Alex is like B (probably B after re-evaluations since she's in the back of the first formation during Nekkoya) and is sitting in like 86th still ughhh

Spoiler

i wanted to talk about momoland’s new song

it’s actually a bop and anyone who says otherwise is wrong sorry i don’t make the rules 

anyway yes it is very similar to bboom bboom but then again i’ve noticed that’s what shinsadong tiger does. he often builds off of sounds that sound good and usually tries to replicate a successful song with adjustments to make it sound different, or even better~

this made baam quite predictable. like i can literally list the similarities with bboom bboom;

• the sounds used in the song are similar but with a little extra flair and more edm

• daisy starts off the song

• yeonwoo says a random word at a low pitch 

• nayun does some weird talking-rap thing over someone in the verses

• jane/taeha does a random belt before the chorus

• nancy and jooe sing the chorus

• instrumental after the chorus

• daisy does the rap

• the bridge kinda repeats itself

there are loads more little details but those are the ones which are the most prominent

i can’t really list the differences bc tbh there aren’t actually many but the one i appreciate the most is the high note + adlibs over the last chorus. with bboom bboom, the last chorus was a bit boring to me bc there was nothing new added. meanwhile in this song there’s a little extra texture with the inclusion of the adlibs

also can we talk about the fact that TAEHA GOT SCREENTIME. like ksksslsslslw i don’t even know how they got away with giving her like 2 milliseconds of screentime in bboom bboom when she clearly serving up visuals, let’s be real

i haven’t watched the p101 finale yet but i’m really really happy for meiqi and xuanyi, i still remember their debut in 2016 and how they got so many dislikes on their debut mv ;;;;;;; i honestly liked the song but the comments had a lot of international kpop fans complaining about their cute concept. now they’re super successful

this makes me worry about the future of wjsn though. it’s best for their careers if they leave the group but

oh yeah I just realized that I could contribute to this as an incredibly dedicated army, maybe my tastes can be an accurate enough comparison point

On 6/22/2018 at 12:02 PM, Myu said:

Are there any k-pop bands I could listen to besides BTS? I've been obsessed with the boys ever since I discovered them in April (Jin stan btw) and I really want to listen to more

I've heard EXO is good, so I might give them a listen 

although idk how helpful this can be because some people like bts for different reasons since they cover such a variety of genres

BUT

I do like EXO quite a bit and Monsta X is a fun group as well. Those are the two groups I like that are probably fairly comparable with BTS

I love Block B, I love so many of their lighter tracks despite the fact that I'm not generally into lighter, peppier music. Block B's just got the right charm for me. Their subunit Bastarz too tho

Seventeen is another group I really like, they've got lots of legendary tracks that I love. They have some incredible choreography as well

SF9 is.... probably the only group I've followed since debut (I can almost say the same about Seventeen but not quite, I didn't discover them until Mansae released), and they've been really great ever since debut. They absolutely did not have a weak start. Zuho's voice can wreck me and step all over me

Got7 and NCT may be other groups that may relate? I'm not entirely good at "groups that have similar genres/subgenres" I just listen to music man. But uhh VIXX also has some really nice tracks and I'm in love with their choreography.

As for girl groups. Holy shit Dreamcatcher.

I.... don't know if I can say EXID relates to BTS. But while I haven't heard that much of their stuff I love what I've heard so far. Although judging by Specta's and Integrity's (two other huge BTS lovers and just k-pop in general lovers) reactions, for all I know they didn't release as good music until their EP Eclipse dropped... but hey Eclipse was just a really great album so maybe it's just an unfair comparison point. Meanwhile I haven't gotten over DDD

Best of luck in pursuing other music! But if all else fails, perhaps you could try using Spotify or Pandora or something? And find kpop or bts related stations, and then you could see what catches your attention

Edited by Freohr Datia

Spoiler

honestly the lovelyz comeback schedule is all over the place

the schedule is really tight meaning they randomly dropped teasers out of nowhere and then the comeback stage the next day?? they haven’t even released the mv yet which makes no sense, if they’re going to release a comeback stage then i don’t see why the music video has to be delayed by 3 days afterwards

but the song is a bop and i hope people won’t sleep on them 

i am a little sad that jin isn’t there, i don’t know much about the group and i only recently got interested in them but it sucks when a member has to sit out. i remember when soyee from g9 had her shoulder injury come back and had to sit out chococo promotions, and i felt really sad for her bc it was the first comeback i experienced as a danjjak. but then ofc she came back in the boots and only got one tiny line at the end of the song and mostly danced at the edge. yeah i hope that doesn’t happen to jin bc i know she’s one of the underappreciated members and she didn’t get many lines or screentime in that day so is2g if they pull that same tactic on her the same way that jellyfish pulled on soyee then i will fight

me: joshua is the worst dancer in seventeen

someone else: joshua is the weakest dancer in seventeen

me:

chest-pain-guy.jpg

Edited by seventeen
stan joshua

Spoiler

legit i walked into a “worst dancer in your bias group” discussion thinking “lmao it’s joshua” and then when i saw carats saying it was joshua/wonwoo i just

chest-pain-guy.jpg