Pitch me your absolute worst ideas for the next FE game.

Chad Radwell

Fates almost had it right (pay to get each individual path), but they didn't take it nearly far enough. We need required in-game purchases!

Finish a chapter? $5 to continue to the next chapter.

Want to recruit this unit? $5, and they're yours! (Much better than figuring out that one of two units needs to stand in a single square, on the opposite side of the map from the objective. Oh, and if you have the wrong unit stand there? Nope, you don't get the character!)

Buy an Iron Sword? $.25. Steel Sword? $.50. Silver? $1.00. Legendary weapons (the only weapons able to damage the final boss)? $5. Naturally, weapon durability is never greater than 20.

You get to choose how much you want to pay, and how much you want to play!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far I have found nothing wrong in this topic.

fire emblem, but the art looks like etrian odyssey 1 with the main character looking like megaman(box art) who is also an edgelord with a giant sword

fire emblem, but archers only use guns

fire emblem, but every time you end your turn bee movie plays at 0.25 speed

fire emblem, but the game goes out of its way to praise you endlessly for even the most mundane of tasks

fire emblem, but the ending has the main character killing both god and the devil with the unlimited power of insest

well that was fun.

6 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Not really. 

Fire emblem, but Christian.

mages are pursued for practicing Pagan beliefs in false gods and practicing Magic.

No matter how cringey it would be to see that, Nintendo would never allow it. They tend to not want to deliberately piss people off in such a fashion.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

No matter how cringey it would be to see that, Nintendo would never allow it. They tend to not want to deliberately piss people off in such a fashion.

Yes, but the point is to put our worst ideas possible, and that's one of the worst I had.

all growth rates are 5% or less.

1 minute ago, Hylian Air Force said:

Dondon would be the first to play that one. He loves his 0% runs. Mekkkah too.

Wait, let me pm you so I don't derail the thread, I have some questions about this.

All units can starve and die if food is not bough regularly.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:01 PM, DolphinDingus said:

Fates almost had it right (pay to get each individual path), but they didn't take it nearly far enough. We need required in-game purchases!

Finish a chapter? $5 to continue to the next chapter.

Want to recruit this unit? $5, and they're yours! (Much better than figuring out that one of two units needs to stand in a single square, on the opposite side of the map from the objective. Oh, and if you have the wrong unit stand there? Nope, you don't get the character!)

Buy an Iron Sword? $.25. Steel Sword? $.50. Silver? $1.00. Legendary weapons (the only weapons able to damage the final boss)? $5. Naturally, weapon durability is never greater than 20.

You get to choose how much you want to pay, and how much you want to play!

This sounds like a typical AAA game, to be honest.

Characters can only go one fight before losing stamina which drops all stats except hp to 0 and hp is 1, in order to fix this you must use a banana to fix your stamina, but to obtain bananas you must either OTC prior maps or purchase then at the cost of 1 banana for $1 dollar and limited to 5 banana purchases a day. Also enemies are not affected by this system.

MISS!  MISS!  MISS!

We know attacks can miss.  But what about items?  Use a healing item, but you fumble it, so you don't heal. Or try to open a door, but the key breaks.  And good luck with stat boosters, since there's no guarantee that you'll get anything good out of them!

10 minutes ago, eclipse said:

We know attacks can miss.  But what about items?  Use a healing item, but you fumble it, so you don't heal. Or try to open a door, but the key breaks.  And good luck with stat boosters, since there's no guarantee that you'll get anything good out of them!

How could you forget about making moving miss?

I call it tripping! Your unit is walking along towards the enemy you just have to kill to say alive, and then they fall face first because of a tree root they didn't see (or a sudden gust of wind knocks them off their wyvern/pegasus). Not only does the mud in their eyes reduce their hit rate by 40, but they happened to badly bruise their primary arm and sprained a leg, reducing their Move for future actions and further dropping hit as well as their Strength stat, and you take 2 points of damage. Under these circumstance, it is highly recommended you avoid fielding Setsuna, Arthur, Sumia, and Felicia at all costs, and that you do field Frederick as he has a 0% trip rate and any space he walks through on a given player phase will then become a trip-free zone for the entire turn.

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

How could you forget about making moving miss?

I call it tripping! Your unit is walking along towards the enemy you just have to kill to say alive, and then they fall face first because of a tree root they didn't see (or a sudden gust of wind knocks them off their wyvern/pegasus). Not only does the mud in their eyes reduce their hit rate by 40, but they happened to badly bruise their primary arm and sprained a leg, reducing their Move for future actions and further dropping hit as well as their Strength stat, and you take 2 points of damage. Under these circumstance, it is highly recommended you avoid fielding Setsuna, Arthur, Sumia, and Felicia at all costs, and that you do field Frederick as he has a 0% trip rate and any space he walks through on a given player phase will then become a trip-free zone for the entire turn.

Because sometimes I want people to stand still. :P:

Though this should totally apply to enemies, too.  But have them land flat on their butts for a turn, randomly.  Works best in a free-for-all setting. :P:

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Because sometimes I want people to stand still. :P:

Though this should totally apply to enemies, too.  But have them land flat on their butts for a turn, randomly.  Works best in a free-for-all setting. :P:

Nope, only for the player. The enemy has specifically trained their soldiers to have impeccable balance.

this also means their attacks will never miss

Edited by DisobeyedCargo

8 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Nope, only for the player. The enemy has specifically trained their soldiers to have impeccable balance.

this also means their attacks will never miss

'twas actually a joke, but alas. . .I shall have to work on my humor!

Besides, it'll screw over bait strategies. :P: