Pitch me your absolute worst ideas for the next FE game.

Chad Radwell

A small boy gets his family killed by a taco and now he is out for revenge. Turns out the taco is actually a religious figure and his crew kill the figure. The game starts as the world is peril, the taco is gone and now the world is crumbling. A knight by the name of Lips goes and fights the Taco killers, gaining allies as he goes on. They then fight a huge Taco Dragon as Taco was evil. 

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

'twas actually a joke, but alas. . .I shall have to work on my humor!

Besides, it'll screw over bait strategies. :P:

Isn't that the point of this thread, to screw Over common stratigies?

All mounted units have a high chance of their animals getting scared and running away, leaving those units defenseless 

2 minutes ago, DisobeyedCargo said:

Isn't that the point of this thread, to screw Over common stratigies?

All mounted units have a high chance of their animals getting scared and running away, leaving those units defenseless 

There's a difference between screwing over common strategies and just making a game that's outright unfun.  I feel that the former requires a gentler touch, rather than "your army gets toothpicks and cloth, enemy army gets proper weapons and armor".

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

There's a difference between screwing over common strategies and just making a game that's outright unfun.  I feel that the former requires a gentler touch, rather than "your army gets toothpicks and cloth, enemy army gets proper weapons and armor".

Ahhhh I get it.

you have to wait several real time days to move one space on the map, like it actually would take to march hundreds of miles.

I have some pretty evil ideas inspired by real-life AAA companies.

-Microtransactions, because nothing says scummy but microtransactions in a full-priced game. They would also be pushed into the players' faces and severely gimp features to pressure said players into buying them. Forging would work like in Fates, but the gathering of resources would take 24 real-life hours with prompts to speed up the process for a "small fee." In fact, forging itself would be slow without microtransactions. Paralogues that are DLC would be clearly visible on the world map and highlighted at certain points to pressure players into buying them.

-Lootboxes, because that is the hot thing right now. Instead of the normal shops for weapons and items, one would have to rely on lootboxes that are given sparingly with their contents being completely random. If the lootboxes given for free do not give what the player needs, then said player would need to spend real money to buy more lootboxes in hopes that those boxes have what that player needs.

-Virtual Currency, because nothing says AAA but virtual currency. There would be the two currencies: "gold" (which does very little) and "orbs" (the actual currency). Most substantial things would cost "orbs" while "gold" would be used to buy access to buy things that cost "orbs." The things that cost "gold" would cost exuberant amounts to encourage players to spend actual money to receive the "gold" needed for a particular thing. "Orbs" could maybe be earned in-game or purchased with the "gold"--but the ones earned would be a paltry amount and not enough to buy much, and the "gold" required for each "orb" would be so much that it would take much less time to just buy the "orbs" with real money.

-On-Cart DLC: wait... Fates already did that with Anna. Never mind.

This would mean that Fire Emblem would be the full, AAA experience.

On 7.9.2017 at 7:28 AM, SageOfAnys said:

Everyone is bi and can marry/have kids with each other

On 7.9.2017 at 4:53 AM, Von Ithipathachai said:

Bring back the Deeprealms and allow the Child Units to have their own Child Units

And if you manage it to combine everyones Genes together in one Child, that Child is Seth*!

*You can insert any other memeable Character like Gheb, Oliver or Frederick here