First time TRS player looking for Julia advice

Omegaprism

So after finally clearing a couple rpgs off of my backlog I finally sat down and started Tearring saga (thanks for the shiny translation work, @Aethin), and I know Julia is far from the best swordmaster in the game, but what can I say? I really like her official art, she's got some cool interactions with the Vega, Shigen, and Yoda, and I've got a soft spot for myrmidons. Assuming relatively average growth (maybe even a little bit of RNG screwage), what kind of minimum stat threshold should I aim for to expect her to start doing work, or maybe even snowballing? Who is a great support partner to stick her with? I am all too happy to engage in favoritism, but the first few maps before you recruit the big guns have kinda been the Raffin show, and I don't know when I'm going to get a STR potion to patch up that wimpy strength.

Edited by Omegaprism
accidentally posted before finishing

Thanks for the support!

Julia is serviceable just in general, but her biggest drawback is likely to be Strength, as well as possibly sub-par HP. In general, you'll want units to get around 10 or more in Strength for them to become major players in your mid-game army. There are two non-randomized Strength potions in the game--one of the optional chests after Ch. 14 (bottom of the page), and one of the desert treasures in Ch. 25.

As for useful Supports (3-tile radius; boosts Hit, Avoid, Crit, and Dodge):

• Garo: +10 -- if you had them talk at the end of Ch. 3
  • Shigen: +15 -- after Ch. 29 conversation (must be in the same army to trigger conversation)

P.S.: While the site I linked to is in Spanish (making it mandatory to use Google Translate for most things, at least for me), it's very comprehensive when it comes to TRS1, and it's generally referenced as a primary guide over the FE Wikia or Serenes Forest pages.

Edited by Aethin

Sweet, thanks! I was looking for a good guide that talked about who gets special stuff traveling with the different armies, and this link could be just the thing I was looking for. I will also keep an eye on that strength score (I just hit chapter 9 and she's level 14 with a strength score of 8). I already gave her my first HP potion because, as you said, her HP was worrisome.