Yet another FE8 tier list

So I replayed FE8 recently and it seenms I really undervalued Garcia. He's amazing in the earlygame, both tanky and hard-hitting + a prettty accurate 1-2 axe weapon (hatchet). He can hold his own up until CH 8, and after Gerik joins he is eaaenstially a worse version of him, but still good at what he does. I moved Garcia up a whole tier. I moved Forde down a little since his stats really aren't good and using 5x to give Kyle some levels usually turns out to be the better choice... Nontheless, Forde can be almost as good, but I don't think he deserves to be on the same spot as Kyle.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, Corncake said:

Looks great to me! 

I know Myrrh joins late, but I still feel like should be placed a TON higher; definitely A-Tier. She can solo any Monster in the game from that point on.

I also feel like the fliers and bishops should be placed a little higher, as well as Innes, Forde, Duessel and Garcia being lower; and Colm being a bit higher.

I don't really know how good Duessel and Saleh are; so I still have more to learn about the game.

But, that's how I play. You can really play FE in anyway you want, all units can be considered "good". Except for Marisa

Here's the problem with that - Myrrh doesn't come until chapter 16, and is only really good in the last two chapters, when human units are phased out entirely. As for bishops, you're ignoring the part where they need to promote first, and the aforementioned fact that monsters are in the minority until the last two chapters.

I'm not sure about Eirika's route but in Ephraim's route, i think Gerik should be below Duessel. I mean, why is he so high? Hero!Gerik is basically a worse Duessel. At base, Duessel beats him in Strength, Hp and Defense. Gerik is slightly faster but he wouldn't double faster enemies anyways (Mercs, myrms, Rangers,etc), and after you get Garm, his speed lead is literally nonexistent. Not to mention, Gerik also has worse availability, no lance access, no canto and much lower weapon ranks.

Ranger!Gerik does have better mobility but combat-wise, he is still inferior to Duessel and his poor availability still hurts him a lot. His ability to ferry people is kinda pointless because by the time he shows up, you already get a lot of mounted units who are better at carrying stuff than him .

The OP said that A-tier is for units that have outstanding combat performance, but i don't find Ephraim!Gerik's combat to be outstanding. As a combat unit, he gets outclassed by Duessel (and maybe even Garcia) and as a rescuebot, he is inferior to the Paladins and Fliers. His availability isn't good, either.

Edited by Santa

I personally disagree with Vanessa and Tethys's placements being so high.

Reasonings:
Vanessa has a bit of trouble in the early game because she joins right before a chapter where literally every enemy is either an archer or an axe user. Once you get to Chapter 4, though, she isn't held back anymore due to the amount of axe users per chapter taking a drop.

Tethys, meanwhile, doesn't bring anything interesting to the table unlike most dancers. Don't get me wrong, though, she's still a perfectly viable unit.

• 1 year later...

I mean, I would have to agree with most of this, except for the fact that Knoll is D tier. Give respect to my man Knoll 

In all seriousness, here are my opinions, having run through Sacred Stones at least 20 times (cuz its my favorite game :))))):

1) Natasha deserves to be wayyyy higher up. As a bishop she's particularily devastating because the levels are filled with the undead (duh). Although of course preference is given to both Moulder and Artur, all bishops are busted in this game, and Natasha is no exception (my rule of thumb is to always use your bishops). If you put at least a little work into her, she'll for sure make your work pay off. 

2) Lute should be higher up. With her tremendous speed and magic, she bulldozes her way through piles of enemies effortlessly, doubling left and right and one rounding them folk after folk.  She would be on par with Artur if not for light magic dominating the game...but she's still busted. 

3) Cormag and Tana deserve to be higher (in Eirika's route). Forde and Kyle are definitely weaker than them. 

4) Vanessa "deserves" to be a little lower.  

5) Gerik should be S tier, but most people disagree with me on this point.

6) I'm not a little suprised at you giving Duessel the honor of being "B" tier. I've always found Duessel to be extremely underrated, and I'm happy to see him up there.