H5 reclassing optimization

Arn

I restarted the game for the 9238719027830213 time, but this's gonna be the last time. Anyways, got to CH4 without anyone leveling more than 1 level except for Marth and Caeda, I want to reclass the people that should be reclassed.

So far my team is:

Jaegen - Whatever I want him to be, mostly Dracoknight

Abel - Archer

Cain - Myrmidon

Gordin - Benched

Draug - Fighter/Pirate

Wrys - Heal slave

Ogma - Fighter/Pirate

Barast - Merc

Bord - Benched

Cord - Merc

Cazzzzztor - Bench/Hunter

Darros - Benched

Lena - Heal slave 2

Navarre - I heard he makes a good Cav, but his Mage growths are tempting

Matthis - Bench/Archer/Myrmidon

16 hours ago, Arn said:

I restarted the game for the 9238719027830213 time, but this's gonna be the last time. Anyways, got to CH4 without anyone leveling more than 1 level except for Marth and Caeda, I want to reclass the people that should be reclassed.

So far my team is:

Jaegen - Whatever I want him to be, mostly Dracoknight

Abel - Archer

Archers are very bad in this game. Abel is fine as a cavalier. He can get to C lances quite quickly, which will make him a good user of a (forged) Ridersbane

Cain - Myrmidon

That can work, but you can also leave him as a cavalier, but he will usually be outclassed by Abel as a cavalier, and by Ogma/Barst as a merc

Gordin - Benched

Draug - Fighter/Pirate

He is pretty good as a merc because he can double many enemies at base. As a fighter, he is a faster but much more fragile version of barst. He can become decent, but he is very difficult to use early

Wrys - Heal slave

Ogma - Fighter/Pirate

I would keep him as a merc because he can double most enemies in the earlygame

Barast - Merc

Good choice. Barst as a merc and later hero is one of the best combat units in this game (if you are not relying on forged effective weapons that is)

Bord - Benched

Cord - Merc

Same as Barst but worse

Cazzzzztor - Bench/Hunter

Darros - Benched

Lena - Heal slave 2

Navarre - I heard he makes a good Cav, but his Mage growths are tempting

Mages are also not that great, especially if they start at E magic. Merric and Linde are saved by their powerful unique spells. Navarre won't be good without those. As a cavalier, Navarre has better growths than Abel with only slightly worse bases, so he will surpass Abel eventually. 

Matthis - Bench/Archer/Myrmidon

Edited by FiboSai

None of my characters can double enemies, at least not by now(CH6), every enemy has 10~15 Spd which is the average of my characters too. I'm thinking of just leaving everyone as default, I'm struggling because of the low weapon ranks.

You are right about the weapon ranks. I think you might be underleveled too. You mentioned that most of your units have only gained 1 level so far. On H5, it might be better to invest more experience in the units which are good in the long run (like Abel and Barst). I wouldn't invest too much into Marth, it takes way too long for him to get useful and you can beat Medeus without him.

Is this your first time playing Shadow Dragon? Because if it is, you DEFINITELY shouldn't start on H5. Like, 2/3 of the cast of the game is legitimately unusable on Hard 5 and you have to know the game relatively well to play it. H3 or H4 are much better options to play the game on the first time while still facing a challenge.

Reclassing doen't really make that much of a difference. You should keep Cain, Abel and Hardin as cavaliers.

Lmao, that's just crazy. Fire Emblem's hardest difficulties are way, way harder than like 99% of the stuff in gaming, specially SRPGs, and H5 particularly so. The game has 6 difficulty modes for a reason.

You're in for a bad time, I love H5, but playing it as your first time playing Fire Emblem? Insanity.

If you are so eager on playing a game on it's hardest difficulty, then play a fire emblem game with a easier hard mode, like Sacred Stones or Blazing Blade, because honestly, playing H5 on your first time playing Fire Emblem is just madness and will make you hate the game and the series.

Other than that, if you're really, really, really eager on doing that, then you could use the guides in this site:

http://www.fireemblemwod.com/fe11.htm

They're really great and tell you everything you should know about the game. They're in spanish but google translate should be good enough.

Edited by Nobody

So, if you want to attempt this, despite the fact that I think this is a terrible idea. . .

Marth - required

Caeda - forge her Wing Spear, don't remember if it's +2 or +3.  You will thank me for this later.

Jagen - whatever you need (even staffbot, he works decently well there)

Cain/Abel - leave 'em as horses, and get their lance rank up to C

Ogma - default class, he'll turn out decently enough.  On promotion, can reclass to Horseman for mobility, while keeping his sword rank.

Navarre - Cavalier, definitely.  Roaming Armorslayer is a godsend on certain maps.

Julian - take him along as needed. . .and yes, you will need to do this

Lena - You may need to use the Warp staff.  You'll get a couple more later.

Wrys - Dual healers is helpful on Chapter 6.

Merric - Can work as a mage, but you'll need to take it slow.

Wendell - Works wonders in his default class, especially if you jack Merric's tome

Wolf/Sedgar - Break the game after a couple of level-ups.  Reclass to Sorcerer for relatively fast leveling.

If I didn't mention someone, they're probably not worth your time.

I'm already on chapter 9, with a lot of people 10+. :ph34r:

I learned to grind bosses, I also spent a lot of time researching whom to use on my main party, I dumped Jaegen because Abel surpassed him by level 12.

Only reclass I did for now was Draug because he sucks as Knight so I made him a Hunter and he doubles a lot of people with Irons, I'm also using the Horsemen from CH5 because their growths are OP, I'll probably dump Draug when Barst and Cord turn into Warriors, my only problem now is how Marth is getting behind everyone, almost all of my party except the pre-promoted are 10+ while Marth is 5.

Also I don't know if I should promote on level 10 or 20.

3 hours ago, eclipse said:

If I didn't mention someone, they're probably not worth your time.

I agree with pretty much everything, but I'm assuming you forgot about Hardin? Because he's as good as Cain and Abel. And then there's also Barst who's great.

Edited by Nobody

My problem with Cain and Navarre is leveling their lance rank to use Javelins, with Cain it was almost impossible because of Axe Emblem on the first 3 chapters, some even doubled me, while Navarre get a bit of a downgrade when you reclass him and stuff will double him no matter what.

17 minutes ago, Nobody said:

I agree with pretty much everything, but I'm assuming you forgot about Hardin? Because he's as good as Cain and Abel. And then there's also Barst who's great.

Barst works, if there's no one else that needs the Hammer.  Hardin's decent as well, but he gets outclassed by a properly trained Cain/Abel.

I'm almost loading my CH4 save just to do the "Paralogues", even though I know the characters aren't that great and I'm pretty sure that reaching the boss with all those garbage tier characters will be a pain in the ass.

And I also need to babysit Julian

Edited by Arn