The WORST Fe4 Pairing

camelpimp

So people like to debate who's the best pairing for so and so, but I was wondering what would be the absolute worst pairing set-up you could possibly do (but still pair everyone up)

Thus far, my thoughts are:

Lachesis/Arden

Edain/Holyn

Ayra/Claud

Sylvia/Naoise

Erinys/Beowulf

Tailtiu/Jamke

Brigid/Lewyn

Sylvia/Finn would also be pretty bad pairing too, if only because how difficult it would be to get (but I'm ranking these more on stats/abilities)

I agree with Lachesis+Arden, & Edain+Holyn.

Jamke is wasted if paired with Sylvia.

However, I can think of even more inferior pairs: Ira with Azel, Fee get worse stats with Midir as her dad than with Beo, & Claud with Brigid(pairing her with Lewyn only means no Holsety in part 2).

3 hours ago, omglmaowtf said:

Ira with Azel

This is not as bad as it sounds, it makes some pretty dope magic-sword wielding

4 hours ago, camelpimp said:

Brigid/Lewyn

And neither is this a bad pairing: Patty will have a lethal skillset upon promotion and make good use of magic swords, while Faval will have killer Skl/Spd/Lck stats with decent Str (he ends up with 20 Str at lv.30), Ichieval's 30 Mt (come on, do you seriously think anyone's offense can be screwed when whileding a Holy Weapon?) and, once again, an amazing skillset.

Lewyn is such a good dad, due to the amazing skills and Spd stat he passes down, that he's probably best left unpaired in a "worst pairing scenario", which is btw pretty difficult to theorycraft due to the different nature of many kid pairs: most of the time, a father will really hurt one kid but make the other quite powerful, at least upon promotion; also some kids are just unscrewable.

As for attempt at the worst pairings: 

AideenxNoish (crappy stats for Lana, good skills for Lester but still worse than Pursuit and the only other non-Pursuit fathers I had were pretty good with her, with the exception of maybe Lex, but Elite is too good)

AyraxAlec (the murdertwins are too hard to screw over, the only thing you can do is give them bad-to-none magic sword potential, bad-ish physical growths and no new skills, so... yeah, have Alec)

LachesisxArdan (Hezul+Pursuit = win, so the worst pairings are those that do not pass down Pursuit; Delmud still makes good use of the Pursuit ring, but there's no way one can screw over a +6 promo bonus in Spd)

SylviaxJamka (Jamka has a very solid skillset, so the best way to waste in making him father the only 2 non-combat kids; Charge is also actually detrimental to these kids, it makes them more likely to get killed should they survive an attack)

FerryxMidir (bad mag for Sety, some of the worst possible growths for Fee, Charge on its own is useless, wasted Pursuit, no inheritance; Dew makes for a worse Sety with no Charge but a better Fee, also Sety becomes a staffbot with Bargain which is pretty good)

TiltyuxHolyn (overkill Skl is the worst stat to overkill in, wasted Luna, some of the worst possible Mag growth, abysimal combat pre-promotion; the only problem is they can use swords competently post-promotion)

BriggidxClaud (I initially gave Claud to Ayra, but man Faval is hard to screw over and all the leftover fathers I had were amazing for Patty; no skills and abisymal combat pre-promotion for Patty, worst possible growths for both kids, but Patty can still steal from 2 range with magic swords and has Major Blaggi, so this may actually make for a pretty good Patty post-promotion; but it's pretty difficult to make Patty bad post-promotion)

I'm of the opinion that even under the worst set of pairings most kids will still be generally fine so this is a little tricky but it's a fun thought experiment.

Adean: So Lana is basically impossible to screw over. The worst we can do for her is give her a physical dad so she has a slighly less than ideal magic growth. Lester is essentially trash regardless of pairing but we can screw him over even more if we take away inheritance and skills. Holyn and Claud offer both of these things but Claud is actually a good pairing for both of these units imo for Lana's staff rank and Lester's Res stat so Holyn is the worst.

Ayra: Again really hard to mess these kids up since they are essentially the same regardless of dad. Their only stats that are really relevant are strength and defense so we want a dad that minimizes these so Lewyn, Azel, and Claud. Lewyn gives skills so he's a no go and Claud gives a good res growth so Azel it is.

Lachesis: This is a tough one. The only stats that really matter on these two is strength which will always be good. Even if you were to screw Dairmuid out of inheritance he would still be able to pick up a weapon in chapter 6 inherited through Seliph or Larcei and patch himself right up so that doesn't matter. They would like pursuit but it's not a requirement at all. Worst I can do is Arden.

Sylvia: Uh... Stats don't matter for these two like at all. Skills don't matter either. Someone brought up charge earlier as a way to kill them but considering charge only procs at > 24 hp that's super unlikely to happen. The only thing I can think of is getting Lene no way to exploit the Arena which isn't even the worst deal. Jamke I guess.

Erin: Ced wants a magic dad so the worst we can do to him is give him a physical dad so he has low base magic. Fee's stats generally don't matter but I guess low bulk would be a problem. I guess Midayle for the subpar bulk on Fee and the bad magic.

Tailto: Tinni is a late game staff bot so having her do poorly in the arena would be the only bad thing you could do to her. Problem is that she has wrath so that's pretty much impossible. I guess just don't give her Lex. Arthur is also kinda hard since I could still see him being decent filler with a physical dad though he'll be your worst promoted Cav. Bargain would help Tinni so I guess Noish is all I have left.

Briggid: I'm sorta out of bad dad's at this point. Faval is bad regardless of dad but I guess not giving him charge would be good. Patty only wants to clear the arena so I think the worst here would be Claud.

It's worth noting that Holyn is like the worst dad for half the cast.

For each?

Aideen: Either Noish (Critical is pretty limited, Charge alone doesn't help much as an offensive skill and he doesn't help Lester or Lana much otherwise), Arden (Vantage on a Bowknight who wants to be better for player phase? Really? Even if he passes bows on promotion. Also Lana does not benefit from the growths here (even if defence helps her bulk)) or Holyn (Because the only real benefit is to their HP. And if you want a pair for their HP, Holyn with Brigged makes more sense)

Ayra: Azel (Shoots most non magic/speed growths in the foot, has to be promoted to get swords to pass down), Alec (He might provide swords, but that's about it, he's outdone by most of the other pairings in any other way) or Claude (At least he has magic sword potential, but he can't even get them to pass down, his inability to provide skills). Really, part of it is the lack of skills to pass, Azel and Claude have got the magic at least.

Lachesis: Holyn (HP and Skill, with nothing else but swords to pass. 10/10 for most limited father), Levin (Can't pass weapons, provides mainly speed and Continue's not too reliant unless you've got the higher cap), Claude (B staves does not justify the rest to me, Delmud in particular needs pursuit to not be Delshit. He can't even take the swords from the bosses as they're dead before he joins)

Sylvia: Noish (Neither skill is what they want, his growths in general are meh and Corple likely won't get a staff passed), Jamka (No relevant skills, and the dodging growths don't matter too much when Corple's magic is shot. Not even the vestige of a magic growth!), Beowolf (He and Midir both don't provide much of what they want. At least Midir gives better speed for dodging)

Fury: Holyn (Once again, he can't give what he should be giving), Arden (Have a worse Lex with no Elite and worse growths overall. Also, the pairing's such a pain to get that there's no point, even for Vantage), Beowolf (At least Noish gave magic. At least Jamka gave early continue) or Midir (It's a shame Midir's growths suck so much, but he also shares a similar fate to Beowolf here.)

Tiltyu: Noish (Skills that don't work too well here, the growths are also mediocre), Holyn (No skills in exchange for bulk? Yay.) or Jamka (Like Noish, but he gives continue and less magic). Really, most pairings are worse than the substitutes, so it's a question of which is the most bad.

Brigged: Despite Azel and Arden being pretty poor, the only one I'd consider bad is Claude (because nothing Claude gives matters besides the magic and Res growths, which usually don't matter much). Fair is fair, any pairing is better than none at all here, even Claude.

If I was to make a worst pairing list, it'd be:

Aidden/Holyn

Ayra/Alec

Lachesis/Levin

Sylvia/Jamka

Fury/Beowolf or Midir, pick your poison

Tiltyu/Noish

Brigged/Claude

So I did this! I ended up pairing Edain/Holyn, Ayra/Azel, Lachesis/Arden, Sylvia/Jamka, Erinys/Beowulf, Bridget/Claud, and Tailtiu/Naoise.

By and large, yeah most everyone was OK. As expected, the murder twins were too hard to screw up. I don't really count magic swording as THAT big of an upside to this pairing (Larcei ended with 12 magic at level 30, Ulster with 14 at level 29) and Ulster definitely suffers more than Larcei from this pairing, with a pretty bad strength growth. Still, hard to mess up a character with astra. Honestly, the biggest downside is HP; neither one cracked 60. Lana was also impossible to really screw over, but Lester was white hot garbage until I got a brave bow on him. Delmott also really likes having a brave sword to compensate for lack of pursuit (or a pursuit ring, but EVERYONE wants that thing). Delmott was honestly pretty good early on, but it kind hit me how low his strength and defense caps are, which is kinda mean considering that his strength growth bottoms at, what, 50? Nanna wasn't very good, a decent defense growth doesn't help when her base is so low, but honestly she's usually not very good. Fee was fine, surprisingly sturdy, and Ced.... well it's kinda funny to see a level 30 Ced with 15 magic. Still, pursuit, adept, accost, and a high speed score compensates for his shitty magic a LOT, and he can always staff-bot. Faval's lowish strength was a bit of a bugbear, but yeah Yewfelle compensates nicely, and Patty was probably the best magic-sword user post-promotion; she had 18 magic at level 27.

Really, Tailtiu's kids were the most screwed, as most of y'all probably suspected. Still I was surprised how good Tinni turned out. She only had 19 magic at level 30, but she had good speed and gets adept on promotion. Her strength was only 8 though, way too low to bother with swords. Arthur was trash, though. He had good strength and defense, but kinda crummy speed, 18 at 26, and only 15 magic. He does have critical and wrath to kinda help to make up for the lack of pursuit and adept, but so does Tinni and she's just better. I actually gave the pursuit ring to her. Maybe I should have given it to him, given him a chance, but I'd rather make a decent character good than a bad character decent.

As for Sylvia's kids.... well Lene's stats don't matter, and for Cairpre... I just didn't bother. I'm not raising up a level one healer with a 20% magic growth. Just not.