Current Awakening Characters Gameplay Video:

Folt

Some highlights:

As previously surmised, M!Robin and F!Robin's combat intro are exactly the same.

M!Robin shows off his C5, but the finisher is actually different this time. Instead of a big lightning ball, he conjures pillars of light to strike the ground instead. Though, it could be his C6.

Frederick's Axe glows with a green light during his finishing blow in his Musou ttack. Due to that, it's highly likely that his element is Wind.

Robin's critical hit is shown during Female Robin's segment: lots of fire explosions before a flare of light.

What appears to be Lissa's Awakening Musou is shown.

So... for known elemental users:

1. Fire: Camilla
  2. Thunder: Chrom, Lissa, Lucina, Ryoma
  3. Wind: Frederick, Takumi
  4. Light: Rowan, Lianna, Marth, Cordelia, Hinoka
  5. Dark: Corrin, Xander
  6. All: Robin, Leo, Elise

EDIT: Added Ryoma to the known elemental users list. The pillars of light that Robin does is also most likely his C6.

Edited by Folt

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Motendra said:

Damn, axe units have so much kick ass @Anacybele You finally got what you wanted!

Regarding that M!RObin move, I've seen it before in an other video, I'm almost certain its C6

Also, wouldn't it be safe to assume Ryoma to be thunder as well?

Thanks for the corrections. I suppose that might be the pillars of light someone was talking about in one of the other topics.

And yes, Frederick's moveset looks savage. I agree that with this, axe users in general has some of the more interesting and cooler movesets in the game.

1 hour ago, Motendra said:

Damn, axe units have so much kick ass @Anacybele You finally got what you wanted!

Yeah! Finally! <3 It's still not all that much, but it is something and it's definitely better than what we'd had in terms of Freddy footage. And he does indeed have that grappling thing on his axe that Lissa does! I spotted it! So it seems as if axes in general have it, not simply certain axe characters.

His special confuses me though. It still looks cool, but like...what exactly is going on there? It's like...I dunno, his horse is using telekinesis on the baddies? lol

I wish his element was fire to reference his love of campfires though, that would've been funny and cool. XD

Hope we get some more English gameplay soon, I still want to hear that "Pick a god and pray" too!

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, RotomGuy said:

I think this is the single gameplay complaint i've seen for this game, and good god have I seen a lot of complaints.

People were complaining about the gameplay even before this trailer showed up. I just think that some are still angry about the roster but want to find another excuse to hate on the game. That's at least what it seemed like on the Youtube comments and GameFAQs forums anyway. Please don't go to the GameFAQs forums it's just as bad or very much worse than the Youtube comments

1 minute ago, TrueDarkAce said:

People were complaining about the gameplay even before this trailer showed up. I just think that some are still angry about the roster but want to find another excuse to hate on the game. That's at least what it seemed like on the Youtube comments and GameFAQs forums anyway. Please don't go to the GameFAQs forums it's just as bad or very much worse than the Youtube comments

It...looks like a Warriors game. Honestly, what were they expecting?

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

His special confuses me though. It still looks cool, but like...what exactly is going on there? It's like...I dunno, his horse is using telekinesis on the baddies? lol

Freddy's horse has been holding out on him. That ability would have been perfect for clearing gravel out of the road.

They all look so good<3

Stand-outs from Awakening would be Robin and Lissa. Frederick looks cool, but his horse is nothing compared to Xander's.

Super hyped for this game, and I can't wait until they show off SD characters, no wonder Marth is literally never seen smiling, he's lonely bless him. S'okay, Xane is on his way. I can feel it!

I'm seeing too many complaints that have no basis whatsoever. Tumblr, Youtube, Reddit, GameFAQs...it's disheartening. Honestly, right now, the only valid complaint is about other games not being included, but it's been months now, get over it.

This trailer actually got me hyped for the game again.

While I still have issues with the visuals, I can get over them. The gameplay looks like the mindless fuckery I've been looking for and I can't wait to thrash shit with Lissa.

I still have my reservations about the roster, but once they reveal more SD characters (Like Tiki when?), I think I may be sold.

I'm also wondering if this is the FEA cast cause the lack of Tharja surprises me. I'm not saddened by her not being here, but I'm very surprised she has not been revealed yet and I would be even more surprised if she isn't in.

1 hour ago, Lau said:

Frederick looks cool, but his horse is nothing compared to Xander's.

We saw a lot more of Xander than we did of Frederick though, so it's easy to say that. And Frederick's horse can do the flips. When he was shown as a boss, the horse did a back flip once.

It feels like it would be cathartic to beat shit up with Lissa, not gonna lie. I'm a bit wary of her, Corrin and Elise's voices though, since I'll probably be playing this in Japanese.

Anyway, this was a very nice trailer! I wonder if this means these are all the Awakening characters that will show up.

Edited by Thane

1 minute ago, Thane said:

It feels like it would be cathartic to beat shit up with Lissa, not gonna lie. I'm a bit wary of her, Corrin and Elise's voices though, since I'll probably be playing this in Japanese.

Anyway, this was a very nice trailer! I wonder if this means these are all the Awakening characters that will show up.

I think they said there's still more Awakening characters to come, but that might have been before Cordelia and female Robin's reveal.

6 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

I think they said there's still more Awakening characters to come, but that might have been before Cordelia and female Robin's reveal.

That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking about whether or not they'd want to leave a character or two as a surprise, though I have no idea how likely that is. I mean, I can see them wanting players to be surprised by Tharja showing up out of nowhere.

25 minutes ago, Thane said:

That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking about whether or not they'd want to leave a character or two as a surprise, though I have no idea how likely that is. I mean, I can see them wanting players to be surprised by Tharja showing up out of nowhere.

I can't see how they would release the full roster before release, but I could see them releasing almost if not all Story Mode characters. Especially with History Mode being a thing, it gives them the a good excuse to include characters with little story relevance. Kinda similar to how Ruto and them were in HW.  Like they could use Awakening's Ch. 9 and then have Tharja as an enemy unless Chrom goes to talk to her. 

Also maybe Charlotte could get in this way:^_^: don't kill my hope I know it's not likely 

35 minutes ago, Thane said:

Or then they'll release Tharja (and maybe some other more popular characters) as dlc. Anyway, it's quite likely that she'll show up in some form.

47 minutes ago, Thane said:

14 minutes ago, Torii said:

I can't see how they would release the full roster before release, but I could see them releasing almost if not all Story Mode characters. Especially with History Mode being a thing, it gives them the a good excuse to include characters with little story relevance. Kinda similar to how Ruto and them were in HW.  Like they could use Awakening's Ch. 9 and then have Tharja as an enemy unless Chrom goes to talk to her. 

Also maybe Charlotte could get in this way:^_^: don't kill my hope I know it's not likely 

Hyrule Warriors showed the full roster before release, for what it's worth.

Just now, Anomalocaris said:

Games in general do nowadays, little ever is hidden in the modern era.

9 minutes ago, Anomalocaris said:

Ahh didn't know that, then again I never got interested in it until Legends so by then the roster was already out. I'll take back what I said earlier then

2 hours ago, Thane said:

The interview was from right before Cordelia's reveal (the translation came out right after, though). I'll admit, gameplay wise I'd take Tharja as an actual Dark Mage and maybe Gaius if they gave him a bow.

5 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

That looks awful.

Convinced to not touch this game anymore. 

You were never going to get the game in the first place. All you've done is throw a fit about it.