Current Awakening Characters Gameplay Video:

Folt

3 hours ago, Thane said:

That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking about whether or not they'd want to leave a character or two as a surprise, though I have no idea how likely that is. I mean, I can see them wanting players to be surprised by Tharja showing up out of nowhere.

They're saving characters for TGS later this month. 

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

Games in general do nowadays, little ever is hidden in the modern era.

Which is unfortunate. I would rather there be more hidden characters in rosters. Maybe we will be lucky and get some hidden characters in the roster.

maybe we get Anna as a hidden character. Can't imagine they would skip the chance to add her in.

Edited by Tolvir

38 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

They're saving characters for TGS later this month. 

I hope so... Or maybe before TGS? 

After all, there are at least 5 characters which aren't announced. 

Edited by DaisyLencea

Just now, DaisyLencea said:

I hope so... Or maybe before TCG? 

It could be both. FEH will most likely get a FE Warriors banner around that time, probably a bit earlier as the CYL banner ends its run. FEH is an advertising tool, after all. 

Anyway, I could see Tharja being revealed for TGS first, 2 more characters and then Shadow Dragon reps like Tiki for last. 

32 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

So I just noticed. F!Robin seems to hold darkness elemental and M!Robin showed light. So they're light and dark?

Not sure about that, but the fact they're going to such lengths to show them separately might be telling that they are, in fact, separate character slots.

16 hours ago, Folt said:

M!Robin shows off his C5, but the finisher is actually different this time. Instead of a big lightning ball, he conjures pillars of light to strike the ground instead. Though, it could be his C6.

Probably - like I said in another thread, Medli had a similar move for her C6.

Anyway, is it just me, or did female Robin use Ginuungagap (sp?)?

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

5 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Which is unfortunate. I would rather there be more hidden characters in rosters. Maybe we will be lucky and get some hidden characters in the roster.

maybe we get Anna as a hidden character. Can't imagine they would skip the chance to add her in.

I'm not really for or against Anna, I've never understood her recent surge of popularity and will continue to be baffled by it, but it would be cool for those who do want her.

3 hours ago, Dandee Leone said:

Awakening + Fates ft. Marth... is a more apt name for this game.

Do you have anything useful to say or add to this? Like I get that you're pissed beyond belief to the point of meming, but if you really have nothing productive to say for or against the game, its better off just keeping it to yourself.

Edited by Jedi

5 hours ago, omegaxis1 said:

So I just noticed. F!Robin seems to hold darkness elemental and M!Robin showed light. So they're light and dark?

Nah. The recent interview just confirmed that F!Robin is an alt of M!Robin (and is thus not counted towards the roster size) so M!Robin has everything F!Robin has.

And we just saw the intro to M!Robin in this trailer: It's the exact same as F!Robin's which has him fire a sphere of darkness.

13 hours ago, RotomGuy said:

I think this is the single gameplay complaint i've seen for this game, and good god have I seen a lot of complaints.

Then you're clearly not looking hard enough. I've seen countless complaints about the gameplay and I haven't even been actively looking for them. Perhaps maybe you'd be able to pay more attention if you (and several others) didn't fly off the handle and break into mini-mod mode every time this game further bungles its advertising campaign.

9 hours ago, Kahvi said:

Or then they'll release Tharja (and maybe some other more popular characters) as dlc. Anyway, it's quite likely that she'll show up in some form.

Holding off on the third most popular female character on the franchise -- when she is in the selected game as a first generation character who appears relatively early to sell as DLC -- is a blatantly indefensible practice. I'm not even sure how you can possibly be implying that that's a good thing. It honestly might even be worse than not having her in the game at all, because at least in that case they could claim some crummy artistic license reason for it. Placing her as DLC is blatantly just trying to extort extra money from thirsty fans they know will pay for her, and sets an abysmal precedent.

That's not even about the roster, mind, since I don't give half of a shit about Tharja. But it's an obviously scummy thing to do on principle, and if you're even going to begin to defend it then you're probably scummy too.

8 hours ago, The DanMan said:

You were never going to get the game in the first place. All you've done is throw a fit about it. 

I can't speak for him, but this sounds like a blanket response you'd say to just about anyone; it's certainly one I've seen thrown around a lot, and it has about as much weight as Claire's forged lance.

This is a game I would've bought a Switch for. I would've bought the game if it had given me even one reason to be interested in it. We're less than a month out from release and so far almost every single reveal has only made me more leery of the game; it's only in the last week that good news has finally begun to surface, and at this point it should be completely understandable to all but the most voluntarily blind of debaters why I might lack interest. The lack of Shadow Dragon, and particular emphasis on Fates, aren't even my biggest issue with the roster -- rather, it's how horrendously uninspired many of its choices are. The royals are by and large the least interesting characters they could have chosen in a game with ninjas, maids, spirit channellers, puppeteers, beasts, and even lance infantry. As far as we can tell, not a single one of these things is in the game, and maybe if we're lucky they'll be generous enough to cut out Azura to sell as DLC for that last one.

Which ultimately leads into the biggest issue: the game just feels super phoned in. Fates is my least favorite game in the series not for any rational reason, but for the sheer amount of wasted potential it has. It should have been the best game in the series. It could have been, it's so close. But it does so much wrong that it's hard to even begin. This game bothers me for exactly the same reason: it should be practically the perfect spin-off, since all I've ever wanted from Fire Emblem is to see my favorite characters again without gacha nonsense.

Instead, we get:

• A game that, yes, only appears to appeal to one audience (the new one who likes 13/14) out of the three major ones (the old Japanese one who likes 3/6, and the old western one who likes 7/9)
    • I'm not sure why people on this board are suddenly trying to pretend this isn't a big deal, considering that even if it is beating a dead horse, it's still like 75% of why you'd buy a crossover musou game anyway
  • A game that doubles up on similar clone-like movesets instead of gunning for inventive characters compared to the wide array of interesting sets found in Hyrule Warriors
    • A game that seems to focus too much on overly-long-yet-mostly-not-even-that-flashy special attacks as a last-ditch method of differentiating characters
  • A game led by some of the ugliest characters in the entire series, almost poetically rounding out the cast
  • A game with seemingly solely English voice acting bad enough in parts to annoy even me, a staunch defender of English dubs (I've never voluntarily used a Japanese voice track)
  • A game that runs poorly even in character introduction trailers, which provides me with little confidence considering the platforms it's on
  • A game that didn't have any interesting analogue to Hyrule Warriors' adventure mode (i.e. the only real reason to play it) until literally last week, and we still know little about it
    • A game that, by proxy, somehow interests me less than Hyrule Warriors despite the fact that I don't even really like Zelda. I at least had a little fun doing adventure mode with my boyfriend, but since he completely dropped Fire Emblem after getting super burnt out on Fates, Fire Emblem Warriors would have to sell me on its own merits. In any other timeline, it would have, but somehow going the amazing plots of Awakening and Fates again does not thrill me.
  • A game that has possibly the absolute worst pre-release marketing I've ever seen, and I lived through Trails in the Sky SC being virtually nonexistent for five years only to release in eight days practically during a Steam sale.
  • A game that so far has absolutely no cute guys, the only meaning in life. (Frederick and Takumi come the closest, I guess, but Frederick is more handsome and only really fits under awkward-cute rather than cute-cute, and when Takumi is the next closest option you know there's a serious problem.)

I mean, I'd like to have more objective complaints, but when I don't like something I tend not to pay it any more attention than I have to. On odd occasions, however, I get bored at three in the morning and stop by this place to see if any new catastrophes have happened, and then I see the responses here and I can't help but respond to them because they're so incredibly defensive that they make me want to vomit. Just because this game's marketing team is terrible doesn't mean you need to do their job for them, kiddos.

Deal with negativity directly through argument or inquiry. Telling someone to go away or complaining about complaining is honestly even worse than negativity at this point, and makes you look even more pathetic than the people who still can't get over Ike and Lyn.

Anyway, uh... at least Lissa looks kinda fun and I guess the soundtrack might be worth a listen. But Lissa's not enough to counterbalance everything else on her own at this point, and unless you're Falcom JDK I'm not buying your game just for your soundtrack.

@Iridium You have a personal vendetta against the game to the point you're going on tirades such as this and insulting those with different opinions. You called people still interested in the game "sick" in the Elise thread a few days ago and now apparently we're just immature/"kids" who are "pathetic" for wanting productive discussion about the game instead of people re-hashing the same complaints because they can't get over themselves. There's no arguing with that stuff-- and there was quite a bit (of arguing) before. When it's the same people just shitting on the game and those who disagree with them over and over, yeah they aren't adding anything to the discussion. 

Edited by The DanMan

@Iridium Jeez calm down. We get it, you hate this game, it burns your eyes, it has somehow managed to offend you and whatever. Then why are you still here? You've constantly expressed your hatred for the game, so much that its become hard to take you seriously. A majority of people here are genuinely excited for this game, myself included, and we want to have a productive discussion. If you don't like it, fine, that's your opinion, but why would you hang around in threads about something you don't like?

6 hours ago, Jedi said:

I'm not really for or against Anna, I've never understood her recent surge of popularity and will continue to be baffled by it, but it would be cool for those who do want her.

I don't fully understand it either, but considering Koei has been trying to go with the more popular characters from each game, and that she is kind of a comedic, silly kind of character I can see her getting used as an unlockable character. 

The only issue is I have no clue what class they could try and turn her into. She has been so many different classes she can kind of be anything.

Edited by Tolvir

41 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I don't fully understand it either, but considering Koei has been trying to go with the more popular characters from each game, and that she is kind of a comedic, silly kind of character I can see her getting used as an unlockable character. 

The only issue is I have no clue what class they could try and turn her into. She has been so many different classes she can kind of be anything.

Do you know who else can be anything?

Xane.

I feel like if she's in, she could be the class she was in Fates. Adventurer, I believe it was.

4 hours ago, Iridium said:

A game that so far has absolutely no cute guys, the only meaning in life. (Frederick and Takumi come the closest, I guess, but Frederick is more handsome and only really fits under awkward-cute rather than cute-cute, and when Takumi is the next closest option you know there's a serious problem.)

...Dude, really? I mean, I don't disagree that Frederick is attractive (in fact, I find him to be an absolute hottie. <3) but just because you don't find certain male characters to be attractive and think "cute guys" is the only meaning in life doesn't mean others do. Seriously, this is a pretty stupid reason to say the game sucks.

Also, there are people who are fine with the voice acting, the gameplay, current modes, and everything else.

We don't appreciate you coming in here and ruining our excitement parade by ranting about why you hate this game. Go post somewhere else if you dislike it so much. I for one think it'll do pretty well all things considered.

17 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Dude, really? I mean, I don't disagree that Frederick is attractive (in fact, I find him to be an absolute hottie. <3) but just because you don't find certain male characters to be attractive and think "cute guys" is the only meaning in life doesn't mean others do. Seriously, this is a pretty stupid reason to say the game sucks.

Also, there are people who are fine with the voice acting, the gameplay, current modes, and everything else.

We don't appreciate you coming in here and ruining our excitement parade by ranting about why you hate this game. Go post somewhere else if you dislike it so much. I for one think it'll do pretty well all things considered.

Least you finally got your wish to see a bit of Frederick gameplay. Little bit, sure, but gameplay nonetheless. Though I must admit, I like how he also uses his shield to bash enemies. He's the only one to use a shield.

Right now, the voice acting will just need a little getting used to, but I really have no problems. Long as no one tries to make an accent, we'll be okay.

9 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Least you finally got your wish to see a bit of Frederick gameplay. Little bit, sure, but gameplay nonetheless. Though I must admit, I like how he also uses his shield to bash enemies. He's the only one to use a shield.

Right now, the voice acting will just need a little getting used to, but I really have no problems. Long as no one tries to make an accent, we'll be okay.

I thought he was only using his horse to bash enemies? I didn't notice the shield get used. But yeah, Freddy is the only character who has a shield, huh?

Just now, Anacybele said:

I thought he was only using his horse to bash enemies? I didn't notice the shield get used. But yeah, Freddy is the only character who has a shield, huh?

Don't you know? Shields are too mainstream for heroes. XD

Frederick's at least more practical. 

Well, I think Xander also has one, but its smaller.

3 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Don't you know? Shields are too mainstream for heroes. XD

Frederick's at least more practical. 

Well, I think Xander also has one, but its smaller.

I didn't notice one on Xander at all, actually...

EDIT: Those comics never amused me. Doesn't even look like Frederick at all, so I can't take them seriously.

Edited by Anacybele