Current Awakening Characters Gameplay Video:

Folt

1 hour ago, Lau said:

Do you know who else can be anything?

Xane.

I feel like if she's in, she could be the class she was in Fates. Adventurer, I believe it was.

That would be the most likely, and give us another bow user which would be nice. And an actual rogue, which we are entirely missing from the roster.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tolvir said:

That would be the most likely, and give us another bow user which would be nice. And an actual rogue, which we are entirely missing from the roster.

The fact her FEW design looks a lot look they just took the Fates one and slapped a beret on it may lend credence to this. 

19 minutes ago, The DanMan said:

The fact her FEW design looks a lot look they just took the Fates one and slapped a beret on it may lend credence to this. 

I wont complain, I'm not exactly a fan of Takumi so any other archer as an alternative is OK in my book.

Edited by Tolvir

21 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I don't fully understand it either, but considering Koei has been trying to go with the more popular characters from each game, and that she is kind of a comedic, silly kind of character I can see her getting used as an unlockable character. 

The only issue is I have no clue what class they could try and turn her into. She has been so many different classes she can kind of be anything.

They could go with an entirely original new Anna like they have with every other time she's shown up playable in Awakening, Fates and Heroes. Since she's basically a Nurse Joy character at this point, they can literally do anything they want.

On 9/9/2017 at 2:24 AM, Iridium said:

Instead, we get:

• A game that, yes, only appears to appeal to one audience (the new one who likes 13/14) out of the three major ones (the old Japanese one who likes 3/6, and the old western one who likes 7/9)
    • I'm not sure why people on this board are suddenly trying to pretend this isn't a big deal, considering that even if it is beating a dead horse, it's still like 75% of why you'd buy a crossover musou game anyway
  • A game that doubles up on similar clone-like movesets instead of gunning for inventive characters compared to the wide array of interesting sets found in Hyrule Warriors
    • A game that seems to focus too much on overly-long-yet-mostly-not-even-that-flashy special attacks as a last-ditch method of differentiating characters
  • A game led by some of the ugliest characters in the entire series, almost poetically rounding out the cast
  • A game with seemingly solely English voice acting bad enough in parts to annoy even me, a staunch defender of English dubs (I've never voluntarily used a Japanese voice track)
  • A game that runs poorly even in character introduction trailers, which provides me with little confidence considering the platforms it's on
  • A game that didn't have any interesting analogue to Hyrule Warriors' adventure mode (i.e. the only real reason to play it) until literally last week, and we still know little about it
    • A game that, by proxy, somehow interests me less than Hyrule Warriors despite the fact that I don't even really like Zelda. I at least had a little fun doing adventure mode with my boyfriend, but since he completely dropped Fire Emblem after getting super burnt out on Fates, Fire Emblem Warriors would have to sell me on its own merits. In any other timeline, it would have, but somehow going the amazing plots of Awakening and Fates again does not thrill me.
  • A game that has possibly the absolute worst pre-release marketing I've ever seen, and I lived through Trails in the Sky SC being virtually nonexistent for five years only to release in eight days practically during a Steam sale.
  • A game that so far has absolutely no cute guys, the only meaning in life. (Frederick and Takumi come the closest, I guess, but Frederick is more handsome and only really fits under awkward-cute rather than cute-cute, and when Takumi is the next closest option you know there's a serious problem.)

I mean, I'd like to have more objective complaints, but when I don't like something I tend not to pay it any more attention than I have to. On odd occasions, however, I get bored at three in the morning and stop by this place to see if any new catastrophes have happened, and then I see the responses here and I can't help but respond to them because they're so incredibly defensive that they make me want to vomit. Just because this game's marketing team is terrible doesn't mean you need to do their job for them, kiddos.

Deal with negativity directly through argument or inquiry. Telling someone to go away or complaining about complaining is honestly even worse than negativity at this point, and makes you look even more pathetic than the people who still can't get over Ike and Lyn.

Anyway, uh... at least Lissa looks kinda fun and I guess the soundtrack might be worth a listen. But Lissa's not enough to counterbalance everything else on her own at this point, and unless you're Falcom JDK I'm not buying your game just for your soundtrack.

What I look for in a Warriors crossover is successfully integrating the mechanics of the thing they're using, I could care less about the overall cast, I just want a Warriors game that uses FE mechanics to the fullest mix possible, would I pick different characters? Yes, but does it matter in the end to me? No. Hyrule Warriors alienated a number of Zelda fans as well, because of their starting focus of OoT, TP and SS, not quite to this extent of course because well, Zelda isn't known for its characters. But I still remember the rage of the lack of Groose and a variety of others.

Clone movesets are a pain yes however FemRobin and MCorrin have been confirmed as alts and not full out characters so the blow is severely lessened, its still less painful than us full time Warriors fans have dealt with in the past ala Dynasty Warriors 6. This is no where near as offensive as it. 

English Vaing in Warriors has always been Hammy & Bad for the most part, so I'm not sure why this is suddenly a new complaint. 

They've stated that theres ways to make the game run better as an in game option and are likely using default settings for the trailers. 

I'd disagree with HW' adventure mode being the only reason to play it considering I know quite a number of people who despised Adventure Mode, as being grindy and having too much character forcing. Its a love or hate mode. 

I agree the Marketing and PR have been horrible, but how dare you, as a fellow Falcom fan, I'm ashamed that you say word of mouth in a positive fashion is bad it also goes against your statement about SC earlier. Because the people who were dedicated were trying to spread the word of Trails, in every way they could and it did get a bit of success over time, you might have known more about it had you paid attention to them instead of the main people marketing it.

Edited by Jedi

6 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

To me this trailer seems to imply these are all the Awakening characters. Its a solid lineup though its a shame no one from the later chapters managed to make the cut apart from Lucina who very nearly didn't. 

I would of loved to see some picks that people wouldn't of expected, like Libra or Cherche. But we still do have DLC so who knows.

If this is the end of the Awakening line up (which I'm not entirely convinced of) I have mixed feelings. On one hand, it means a character I didn't want, but figured was a shoe in isn't here, but at the same time I wish Fates didn't outnumber it so much. Also, this means said character will probably be DLC which means I have to pay extra for a character I loathe since I'll probably get the season pass equivalent like I did with HW. Oh well, I bought Tingle and I don't think I ever used him once so it's not the end of the world.

I don't mind Fates outnumbering the Awakening crew since I feel Fates is the better game and generally has better characters. And Freddy is really all I need from Awakening and he's there. <3

Let's just get some shadow dragon reps. As much as I want Ogma, the whole ''sword cancer'' is really out of hand at this point. That being said Ill laugh at him getting over laslow and selena. I mean they cucked Gregor after awakening due to popularity polls, so. why not.

Shadow Dragon is a mixed bag. we got legendary weapon users Astram, Jeorge, and Camus. Wielding Mercurius, Parthia and Gradivus... then you have Marth's Knights and Ogma's Band.

I really dunno who even has priority at this point. do Cain, Draug and Navarre get a bump due to mirage sessions? or did the game actually hurt their chances. We'll know soon enough.

Edited by Saint_Stahn

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't mind Fates outnumbering the Awakening crew since I feel Fates is the better game and generally has better characters. And Freddy is really all I need from Awakening and he's there. <3

Not really. The majority of Fates characters that are decent would be from Conquest route, as a lot of characters from Birthright are bland. And then a lot of Conquest characters tend to get badly written at some points, a lot worse than in Awakening. 

Also, I highly doubt that Awakening's characters are done. But I would prefer to see some Shadow Dragons being shown now. I think we're long overdue on that.

4 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Not really. The majority of Fates characters that are decent would be from Conquest route, as a lot of characters from Birthright are bland. And then a lot of Conquest characters tend to get badly written at some points, a lot worse than in Awakening.

I disagree. And this is down to opinion, it's not fact. The Hoshido characters are better than the Nohr ones for the most part to me. And Hoshido has several good characters, imo. Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Rinkah, Subaki, Kaze, Kaden, and Hana are all pretty neat to me. Oboro is okay too. I also do like a couple Nohr characters, those being Silas and Elise.

Awakening's cast is bland and boring for the most part. Frederick, Stahl, and Cordelia are the only ones I like much from the first gen, and Inigo, male Morgan, and Severa are the only second gens I like.

Edited by Anacybele

Just now, Anacybele said:

I disagree. And this is down to opinion, it's not fact. The Hoshido characters are better than the Nohr ones for the most part to me. And Hoshido has several good characters, imo. Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, Rinkah, Subaki, and Hana are all pretty neat to me. Oboro is okay too.

Awakening's cast is bland and boring for the most part. Frederick and Cordelia are the only ones I like much from the first gen, and Inigo, male Morgan, and Severa are the only second gens I like.

That's true, this is a matter of opinion. For me, I found Conquest to have more interesting cast, like apart from the main cast, there's Nyx, Beruka, and even Charlotte. 

I actually found a lot of Awakening characters interesting as they are all very diverse and have their own personality, to the point that I can remember them all in an instant. They just had more impact to me than a lot of the Fates characters did. As for the 2nd Gen, Fates just did a terrible job with them. Sure, some have decent characters, but the concept of them existing was downright horrible. Apart from Kjelle and some of Gerome, everyone from the Awakening 2nd Gen were great. 

1 minute ago, omegaxis1 said:

That's true, this is a matter of opinion. For me, I found Conquest to have more interesting cast, like apart from the main cast, there's Nyx, Beruka, and even Charlotte. 

I actually found a lot of Awakening characters interesting as they are all very diverse and have their own personality, to the point that I can remember them all in an instant. They just had more impact to me than a lot of the Fates characters did. As for the 2nd Gen, Fates just did a terrible job with them. Sure, some have decent characters, but the concept of them existing was downright horrible. Apart from Kjelle and some of Gerome, everyone from the Awakening 2nd Gen were great. 

Awakening characters are generally too gimmicky and one-note imo, or just plain boring. Nohr characters are just either poorly designed or horribly written to me.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Awakening characters are generally too gimmicky and one-note imo, or just plain boring. Nohr characters are just either poorly designed or horribly written to me.

Guess the Awakening cast affected people differently. For me, I found a lot of depth in many of them. From how Libra always acts like a saintly devout to the religion, but harbors deep pain and anguish to the point that even Tharja got scared. Henry's inability to grasp right and wrong due to how he was severely mistreated, or even Stahl, who is just a plain guy, but ends up being the guy that tries to look out for others in his own way, like he accepts he doesn't excel at stuff like others, but he does what he can. 

Yeah, but you cannot deny that Birthright characters have a lot of issues with them. Hinoka and Sakura don't stand out nearly as much as their brothers, nor their Nohrian counterparts. And there're characters like Hinata who you just cannot find to be that well written, and feel he's just there at times. His son is even worse off. 

12 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Yeah, but you cannot deny that Birthright characters have a lot of issues with them. Hinoka and Sakura don't stand out nearly as much as their brothers, nor their Nohrian counterparts. And there're characters like Hinata who you just cannot find to be that well written, and feel he's just there at times. His son is even worse off. 

I'm not too fond of Hinata or Sakura, no, but the characters I did mention did stand out in some ways to me. Hinoka is a tomboy princess who's a warrior more than anything. You don't really see that in FE with females. She is also way more pleasant to look at than Camilla. Takumi actually didn't trust Corrin at first or freaking worship her like the others did. Ryoma is just plain cool and badass to me, and he's got more to him than meets the eye if you read the stuff Thor Odinson has written about him.

24 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm not too fond of Hinata or Sakura, no, but the characters I did mention did stand out in some ways to me. Hinoka is a tomboy princess who's a warrior more than anything. You don't really see that in FE with females. She is also way more pleasant to look at than Camilla. Takumi actually didn't trust Corrin at first or freaking worship her like the others did. Ryoma is just plain cool and badass to me, and he's got more to him than meets the eye if you read the stuff Thor Odinson has written about him.

We've had tomboys before, but Hinoka's depth is kind of hard to grasp when... I cannot understand what Hinoka is without Corrin. Why did she train? For Corrin. What is she fighting for? Corrin. She's more Corrin-central than Camilla is. 

I never said anything against Takumi. I get his depth, the middle child, neglected due to others that are more or less superior to his eyes. I can even relate to that, being the third child and middle sibling. Ryoma is nice, but he comes across as too perfect at times. Compared to Xander's reasons for protecting the siblings, Ryoma comes short in my opinion.

59 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Also, I highly doubt that Awakening's characters are done. But I would prefer to see some Shadow Dragons being shown now. I think we're long overdue on that.

I think thats more opinionated to be honest. I found the cast of Fates to be pretty good. Lot of enjoyable characters, even the more bland and boring ones. Awakening had a great cast too. I dont think there has been a Fire Emblem cast I have ever found disappointing or even terrible.

16 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

We've had tomboys before, but Hinoka's depth is kind of hard to grasp when... I cannot understand what Hinoka is without Corrin. Why did she train? For Corrin. What is she fighting for? Corrin. She's more Corrin-central than Camilla is.

Not tomboy princesses who are main characters. And lol no, I would say Camilla is more Corrin-centered. And Hinoka at least has a legit reason for being "Corrin-centered" that being a desire to save her kidnapped sibling. Camilla is just downright unnecessarily obsessive and creepy and even wants to still rest Corrin's head in her lap and sing lullabies to him/her. Wtf.

Not tomboy princesses who are main characters. And lol no, I would say Camilla is more Corrin-centered. And Hinoka at least has a legit reason for being "Corrin-centered" that being a desire to save her kidnapped sibling. Camilla is just downright unnecessarily obsessive and creepy and even wants to still rest Corrin's head in her lap and sing lullabies to him/her. Wtf.

Well, I won't actually say that the Corrin-central thing for any of the characters weren't an issue. But a bit on Camilla's case, this personality of hers can be understood if you remember that Camilla is one of the survivors of the concubine wars. Being forced to be used by her mother to kill her own siblings, or survive against others. Camilla's mental state can be very well understood. Her desire to protect what's left of her family is her attempt to protect what's left of her sanity. As for Hinoka, despite knowing why she's obsessed with Corrin, can you tell me anything about her that isn't about Corrin? Like can her character truly function that well into the story without Corrin? She has her moments, sure, but throughout the story, its always been about Corrin.

19 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

I think thats more opinionated to be honest. I found the cast of Fates to be pretty good. Lot of enjoyable characters, even the more bland and boring ones. Awakening had a great cast too. I dont think there has been a Fire Emblem cast I have ever found disappointing or even terrible.

Oh of course. I didn't actually say that Fates had terrible cast of characters. I enjoyed some characters here and there too. There's always several characters throughout stories that I like in Fire Emblem. 

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

Well, I won't actually say that the Corrin-central thing for any of the characters weren't an issue. But a bit on Camilla's case, this personality of hers can be understood if you remember that Camilla is one of the survivors of the concubine wars. Being forced to be used by her mother to kill her own siblings, or survive against others. Camilla's mental state can be very well understood. Her desire to protect what's left of her family is her attempt to protect what's left of her sanity. As for Hinoka, despite knowing why she's obsessed with Corrin, can you tell me anything about her that isn't about Corrin? Like can her character truly function that well into the story without Corrin? She has her moments, sure, but throughout the story, its always been about Corrin.

Well, she doesn't want to be treated like the typical younger sister. In her supports with Ryoma, he acts like a doting big brother and suggests she wear a cute dress or something like that some day, to maybe look more like a princess and she sorta blew up at him. I thought this was cute. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Well, she doesn't want to be treated like the typical younger sister. In her supports with Ryoma, he acts like a doting big brother and suggests she wear a cute dress or something like that some day, to maybe look more like a princess. I thought this was cute. lol

Like I said, has her moments. Or the support with Azura, and how she's determined to find a present, and then gave her a fire charm necklace, describing it like their personalities, fire and water.

On 9.9.2017 at 0:24 PM, Iridium said:

Holding off on the third most popular female character on the franchise -- when she is in the selected game as a first generation character who appears relatively early to sell as DLC -- is a blatantly indefensible practice. I'm not even sure how you can possibly be implying that that's a good thing. It honestly might even be worse than not having her in the game at all, because at least in that case they could claim some crummy artistic license reason for it. Placing her as DLC is blatantly just trying to extort extra money from thirsty fans they know will pay for her, and sets an abysmal precedent.

That's not even about the roster, mind, since I don't give half of a shit about Tharja. But it's an obviously scummy thing to do on principle, and if you're even going to begin to defend it then you're probably scummy too.

Wait what? I didn't mean that it would be a good thing. I just merely implied that dlc is probably going to be a thing and adding a popular character as a dlc character would make people buy it. Oh, and I don't particularly care about Tharja either.

Edited by Kahvi